보고싶어

I Never Told You

 

[In the DBSK dorm...]
 
Changmin was looking through the kitchen pantry for some snacks and he heard someone whispering from the furthest corner of the pantry.'Who's hiding in the pantry?! Are they trying to sneak some food? Better not be the ones I bought...'
 
"Hmm? I'm sorry. I'll try to say it more often." Changmin heard the person say. "Yeah...나도 보고싶어 (I miss you too). I'll talk to you later then. Good luck with filming later. Bye."
 
"Hyung?" 
 
"Huh?!" Yunho jumped up from where he was sitting and nearly fell over. "Changmin! W-were you there the whole time? What are you doing in here?"
 
"Getting food...what were you doing in here eh? Is this some new type of telephone booth?" he teased Yunho, shaking his head playfully. "Cell phones were made so that they could be taken anywhere and you choose to go into the pantry?"
 
Nervously chuckling, Yunho smiled and replied, "it seemed like a good idea at the time?"
 
"Were you hungry when you decided this?"
 
"Maybe."
 
"Okay, but it sounds more like something I would do."
 
"Nah, you would just live in here."
 
"You make a good point there."
 
From there, Yunho left mentioning something about taking a shower and Changmin continued on his mission to find food. He took his precious treasure into the living room and sat across from Jaejoong who was watching a drama. "Yo."
 
"Minnie, you know that dinner is soon right?"
 
"Yeah, and? It's not soon enough."
 
Jaejoong sighed, "you better eat all your dinner then. Ah, nevermind. It is you ne?"
 
"That's why I didn't see the point of your question." Rolling his eyes, Jaejoong focused his attention back to the drama. "Oh hey guess what Yunho-hyung was doing just now?"
 
"What?"
 
"Hiding out in the pantry on the phone with his girlfriend."
 
"He was? Why?"
 
"I don't know. I guess he didn't want us all to hear his cheesiness. '나도 보고싶어.' " Changmin shuddered in fake disgust. "I'm glad he went in there but I ended up hearing it anyway."
 
"Ah...he said that?"
 
"Yeah. Why? Is there something weird with saying that? It is Yunho-hyung after all. Always so sweet with the fans, so why not with his girlfriend?"
 
"Just...nothing. You keep calling her his girlfriend. Are they officially dating now?"
 
"Aren't they? I don't see why not."
 
"That's true..."
 
"Jealous?"
 
"Me? Of what?"
 
"Well if you were, wouldn't your fans be happy?" Changmin snickered. 
 
Jaejoong threw a pillow at Changmin and told him to just eat his food. 'I wonder if Yunnie is okay...'
 
[In Yunho's Room]
 
"보고싶어...It just had to be those words huh?" He laid down on his bed, face down on his pillow with his eyes closed. "보고싶어. 보고싶어. 보고싶어..."
 
[Flashback]
 
"Hey..." Yunho breathed out, huffing. "How are you?"
 
"Oop, you sound tired! Is this a bad time? I'm sorry!"
 
"No, it's fine." Smiling, he wiped his sweat away with the towel on his shoulder and walked outside the practice room. "We're done for the night anyway. Just finished actually. You have good timing."
 
"Oh really? Yeah, my timing is impeccable," she laughed. "Anyway, I was just sitting at home and thinking about how you were."
 
"You were thinking of me?" Yunho was trying to ignore his heart beating faster and faster. "W-" he cleared his throat. "Why?"
 
"No reason. 그냥~ (Just because~)." Yunho just laughed. "What? Why is that funny?"
 
"I just like when you use phrases like that."
 
"Okay...? You're silly, you know that?"
 
"I'm not silly..." 'If I am, it's only because of you...always because of you.'
 
"Ah! I just thought of something!"
 
"What?"
 
"In Korean, I want to see is '보고싶어' right?"
 
"Yes, it is."
 
"And I miss you is also '보고싶어' isn't it?"
 
"Yeah," he chuckled. "What about it?"
 
"I just thought it was interesting~"
 
Yunho smiled and shook his head, "I see. There's another way to say 'I miss you' though."
 
"Really?! What is it?"
 
"그리워요"
 
"Ah, is it? I think '보고싶어' sounds better. What do you think?"
 
"I agree. It sounds nicer and it's used more often."
 
She laughed, "okay I have to admit something to you."
 
"What?"
 
"I lied earlier."
 
"You did? About what?"
 
"Why I thought of the '보고싶어' thing."
 
"How'd you lie about it?"
 
"I only brought it up because I wanted to say it to you. So...보고싶어 Yunho."
 
"Really?"
 
"Yeah, I've always wanted to say that to you."
 
"Why me?"
 
"You don't know? Hehe, I won't tell you just yet."
 
"Huh?"
 
"Well, I got to go now. School in the morning, blah. Good night!"
 
"Wait!" Yunho sighed when he heard the dial tone. "You didn't even let me say it back." Yunho walked back into the practice room and grabbed his gym bag in the back. When he looked up, he saw his reflection in the mirror. "Aish!" He yelled, causing the other trainees still in the room to look at him in shock. 
 
Running out of the room, Yunho took his phone back out and pressed 'callback.' "Yeoboseyeo? What's wrong? Why'd you call back?"
 
"You didn't let me say a word! Minhee, 보고싶어. 너무 보고싶어. 난 너 너무 보고싶어서 내가 미쳐. (I miss you. I really miss you. I go crazy because I miss you). I just wanted to let you know that since you were honest with me. Good night."
 
This time, he was the one to hang up with letting the other say a word. Yunho gripped his phone tightly in his hand and looked up. "I can't believe I had the courage to say that. Argh, how am I gonna face her the next time I see her?! Stupid, stupid, stupid..." he called himself, hitting his head each time. 
 
He continued scolding himself that way, especially since Minhee didn't text him or call him for the next few days. "It's the weekend now and she still hasn't contacted me..."
 
Yunho wanted to call her himself but every time he tried, he would change his mind just as he was about to press the call button. Yunho picked up his pillow and tossed it at the door in frustration. 
 
Junsu happened to be walking in when Yunho did that and yelled, "whoa! What did I do?"
 
"Oh! Sorry Junsu-ya! I didn't mean to hit you. I was just...you did nothing. It was me who did something. Something stupid."
 
"Like throwing your pillow at the door instead of sleeping on it?"
 
"Yeah," Yunho laughed. "Like that but I think it's worse."
 
"What did you do?"
 
"Ah, don't worry about it. It's my own mistake to worry about."
 
"If you say so. Oh, I came in here to tell you that you have a visitor."
 
"A visitor? For me? Are you sure? Who is it?"
 
"Go see yourself~"
 
He got up and went to the living room of the dorm. "Hello?" From behind him, someone covered Yunho's eyes. "Guess who?"
 
"Minhee?!"
 
"Aww, you figured it out so quickly..." she lowered her hands and he turned around to hug her tightly. "Umph...can't. breathe."
 
"Sorry..." he said sheepishly. "What are you doing here?"
 
"You said you wanted to see me; that you miss me, right? So I came here~ I can't just let you go crazy." Yunho hugged Minhee again even more forcefully than before. "Ya, people. need. to. breathe."
 
"It's only fair since you took my breathe away when I saw you here."
 
"W-wha? Don't say things like that..." she buried her face into his chest. "You're ridiculous..."
 
A few hours later, they were lying together on his bed, looking up at the ceiling. "I can't believe you really came here."
 
"I already told you earlier. You said '보고싶어' so I decided I should come here."
 
"Does that mean that every time I say '보고싶어' you'll go to where I am?"
 
"Maybe. You can keep trying it if you want," she grinned, laughing. 
 
"I will keep trying. I'll say it as much as I can, all the time. 보고싶어. 보고싶어. 보고싶어," he said, taking her hand in his and pulling it to his chest to rest right above his heart. "Can you hear my heart saying it too? 보고싶어..."
 
Minhee chuckled, "your heart says it too? Then I should stay near by so you won't miss me so much."
 
"You should. You should make it that if I close my eyes and say '보고싶어' you will be there when I open them again."
 
"Try it now then."
 
"보고싶-" Before Yunho could finish, Minhee kissed him.
 
When he opened his eyes, her smiling face was above his. "Don't forget to do the same for me if I say 보고싶-"
 
Yunho already knew before she finished her sentence and kissed her. They both laughed once they stopped kissing and Yunho wrapped his arms around her. "I think that will be my favorite phrase for now."
 
"Such a weird favorite phrase. '보고싶어.' " He chuckled and closed his eyes, happy that Minhee was there with him. 
 
[End of Flashback]
 
By the time Yunho opened his eyes, he was hugging his pillow like the way he was hugging Minhee back then. He let go and rolled away from it. "Why can't you just leave my mind?!" 
 
A/N: LOOK LOOK LOOK!!! YET ANOTHER UPDATE!!! :D This story is getting so much love from my imaginiation lately~ it's the only one I feel inspired for at the time being ^^ Hope you guys don't mind so many flashbacks lately...they shall lessen once Yunho and Minhee actually see each other again...well they most likely will. We shall see~
 
Also, hope you guys don't mind the use of Korean in here. Just to be clear, they speak to each other in Korean so when there's Korean letters (hangul) in the story I just do it to emphasize it (and because I think it's fun ^^ hehe). Tell me if it's confusing and I hope you guys like the update!