07.

Our Own World.

Before eating, Dara went to her room to change with the girls and let the guys do their thing in the guest room.

"Dara, do they know about you?" Yuri said, which made Dara surprised and ran towards her to cover .

"Ssshh," Dara gestured, she bit her lower lip, "please, Yuri. Don't let them know."

Yuri stared at her, with hanged open, "wh-what? Dara, wh-what?" Yuri tried to understand the situation but she just doesn't like the way that Dara is hiding something from them. Yuri shook her head, trying to show her disappointment to her.

Dara sighed, "I know. It's hard, but I don't want them to know, they don't need to know."

Minji and Chaerin came out of the bathroom and sensed the tense atmosphere between the two.

"Uhm," Chaerin broke the silence. They both snapped their heads up and saw the two looking worriedly at them. Yuri smiled at them and tried to lift up the mood.

"Oh, you guys are done?" Yuri smiled as she walked towards them, she turned around and said, "Dara, come downstairs when you're done, okay?"

"Is everything okay?" Minji said, without a second thought, because she knew that something was going wrong.

Dara smiled at her, "nothing, Minji, Yuri was just worried about something."

"Oh.." Minji nodded.

"Go ahead you guys, I'll just wash up and I'll follow," Dara said as she enters the bathroom.

When Dara closed the door, she cried her heart out knowing that this will all not last at all. She's been trying to be strong.

"Dara?" A familiar voice called her name out.

"J-jiyong?" She stood up and sniffed.

"Dara, are you okay?" Jiyong asked.

"Yes, I am."

"Are you sure?"

"Yea, I'll come out in a bit, I'll just take a shower later."

"Okay, I'll wait for you here."


Flashback.

2 months ago.

The doctor looked at Dara with a look that she can't comprehend and she didn't like it one bit.

"Sandara," the doctor called her name.

She gulped and said, "Dara is fine."

He nodded, "Dara is it. Well, I want you to stand up in here and try to focus on this index finger of mine."

He gestured the tape that that was taped in the floor, Dara did what the doctor told him.

"Just stand there, and look at this," as he pointed his index finger on her. She looked at it for no longer more than 30 seconds and she started to feel dizzy.

She did some weird stuffs, like reading a story out loud. 

After a week, the result was out and the doctor called Dara.

-Ring, ring, ring.

"Good morning, this is the Park residence, who would you like to talk to?" the maid greeted who answered the phone.

"Good morning, I'd like to talk to Mrs. Park Shin Ae, is she available?" the other line said.

"May I know who is speaking?" 

"This is Mr. Kwon Myung Hyun, Dara's doctor," 

"Ohh, Mistress is not available right now, if you'd like I can give her the message that you called."

"Ahjumma, who is that?" Dara asked as she saw her talking on the phone.

"Ah, he said he's your doctor," the maid then gave her the phone.

"Hello, Doc!" Dara cheerfully greeted.

"Dara, this is your Doctor, can you come in today? I'd like to talk about the result of your MRI scans."

Dara's face stiffened the moment she heard the serious tone he had.

"Doc, is it something that can't be talk over the phone?"

"..."

Dara looked down, "Okay, I'll be there."

"Do bring your parents with you, or your whole family, if you can. I'll see you later at 3pm." Then he hanged up.

She told her parents about how he called the house earlier and they're all going together in the hospital.

At the hospital, they were waiting for them to call Dara's name, they were nervous because Dara haven't said a word since she told them about going to the hospital.

"Park Sandara-shii," the nurse called out. The Park family jerked up when they heard her name. They all went in and saw the doctor putting the MRI scans in the board.

He deeply sighed and look at Dara.

"Dara, can you answer my questions?"

This made Dara nervous more than before. She nodded.

"When did you start noticing that you starting to have a rigid posture?"

She looked at her parents without moving her head, "..T-two months ago."

"Do you trip sometimes?"

She nodded.

"Ever had a short-term memory loss?"

She nodded.

Doctor Kwon then turned to her parents, "Sir, Ma'am,"

he stood up and showed them the MRI scans, "I am sorry to say but.. Dara has been diagnosed with Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease."

They all look at him with a confused expression. "It's a rare incurable disease. It's a degenerative neurological disorder, the brain tissues develops holes and takes on a sponge-like texture."

He explained it in a way they could understand, "and it's already developing, though right now, it's a slow. But it is surely progessing."

"And it will not be for long that she'll start showing symptoms like insomnia, depression, personality changes, and more of a confusion and memory loss," he continued.

Dara parents were just shocked, and Bom was just there looking at the Doctor, not knowing how she should react by everything she just heard. If they're already like that, how would Dara feel about this, she thought and looked at her sister. She was just staring blankly at the doctor 'til she drop the tears off her eyes.

"I'm going to die?" that's all Dara could muttered. "I'm just 17 though, I've been homeschooled so I never experience the outside world, I've never had a friends, nor fell in love with anyone, and you're telling me.. I'm going to die?"

Dr. Kwon couldn't look at her in the eyes. He felt sorry for the young lady who's now crying nonstop in his office. Dara's parents were also the same. They felt like they've been caging Dara for a long time because they've been overprotective of her. She's been a sickly child since she was born and they couldn't let anything happened to their dear daughter.


Dara wiped her tears away as she knew that Jiyong was just in another wall of where she is. When Dara opened the door, she saw Jiyong looking at her cockboard.

"What are you looking at!" She slapped his arms.

"What is this?" He pointed at her cockboard.

"My bucketlist," 

"Bucketlist? You mean wishlist.." Jiyong shook his head.

She joined him on looking at her cockboard.

"It's the places I want to go to," she said.

"I'll go there with you,"

"Really?"

"Yeah," Jiyong answered.

"In Spain?"

"I'll go there with you."

"Hawaii?"

"I'll go there with you."

"Europe?"

"I'll go there with you."

"Canada."

"I'll go there with you."

"Heaven."

Jiyong looked at her, and for the first time, she saw him genuinely smiled at her, "I'd be willing to go and be happy there with you."

Dara couldn't take it and hugged him as she burst into tears. She locked her arms around Jiyong's neck as he lifted her off the floor.

"Why are you crying!" Jiyong panicked.

"I'm so happy, you smiled. Jiyong smiled," Dara said.

"Yah, is that really why? Are you that happy?"

"Yeah, I'm the happiest girl as I saw you smile like that."

Jiyong put her down, and tucked her stranded hair behind her ear that almost covered half of her face. And wiped her tears away.

"Thank you, we haven't really been into something else, but you being with me right now. You just make everything perfect."

Jiyong hugged her as he closed his eyes to feel the moment. He just want time to stop and stay like this.

Dara was the same. Jiyong cut off the hug and looked deeply into her eyes, and slowly decreasing the gap between their faces.

-Knock, knock.

"Jiyong and Dara, aren't you guys coming? I'm hungry." Youngbae whined.

Jiyong suprisedly pulled away, "We're coming."

Dara walked towards the door but Jiyong stopped her by gently grabbing her wrist, sliding it to her hand, and interlocking it with his. He gently pulled Dara into the wall and decrease the gap between them again.

"Jagi..-yah," Dara muttered. "It'll be my first kiss."

Jiyong smiled at her and kissed her forehead, "it's fine if you're not ready yet."

He let go of her and almost turning the knob of the door to open when Dara stopped him. "Kiss me."


A quick update for you guys! Now, what's going to happpen?!?!?!?!?!?!?