01

Our Own World.

A year, she closed her eyes and took a deep breathe. A year of freedom! A year of normal life, she smiled at the thought. She walked in onto the classroom as the teacher called out her name. 

"Come in," the teacher said.

Everyone looked at her as she came in, her long hair waved and her skirt flutters as she walked in, making everyone look in dazed from her unexplainable beauty.

"Whoa," everyone expressed unison.

"How can such a goddess exist?" A student thought out loud.

"We have a new student joining us today, everyone, be nice to her," the teacher remind, "Go ahead and introduce yourself."

She nodded  and smiled, "Hello, how are you guys doing? I'm Park Sandara, but you can call me Dara."

"I've been homeschooled 'til now, and after much begging with my parents, they finally let me go to a normal high school!" She added with such a cheerful tone. "I hope to get along with all of you!"

"Woooooooo!" The whole classroom cheered.

"Let's see, your seat will be beside Minji," the teacher pointed at the her, "Minji, please."

Minji stood up to let her know she's at, she smiled at Dara and she did the same. Dara walked towards her and sat down at her seat right beside the window. "Nice to meet you, Dara!" she greeted.

She's cute, she thought. "Nice to meet you, too, Minji!"

"Hello! I'm Daesung!" The guy infront of Dara introduced himself, smiling along his eye smile.

"I'm Dara!" She excitedly said.

"I'm Seunghyun," the guy next to Daesung said. She was surprised when she heard his deep voice.

She awkwardly smiled at him. The guy behind Minji introduced himself, too. He said his name is Youngbae. He's kind of short and he also have an eye smile like Daesung.

"I'm Jiyong," the guy behind her introduced himself and smiled at her. She stared at him and thought, why?

"Alright, let's begin the class," the teacher reminded and she faced upfront.

She tried looking back at him, I wonder why..

"Dara, Dara," Daesung called out. "Do you want to have lunch with us later?"

Dara smiled, and nodded. "Sure, why not!"

After the long run class, it was finally lunch. 

"Finally, it's lunchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh," Daesung stood up from his seat and so does everyone else. 

"Dara, let's go," Minji said. She smiled and followed them.

"Dara, you said earlier that you've been homeschooled, right?" Jiyong said. She stared at him again and wondered.

He stared back at her, thinking that she's weird. She smiled and answered, "that's right."

"My parents said that being homeschooled is better than going to a normal school, 'cause that way they won't have to worry or look for me if something ever happen," she added.

"You must be filthy rich then! And why would they worry though? Do you have any problem or something?" Youngbae asked which made Dara taken aback with his statement.

"Ah.. You don't have to put it that way, Youngbae, I'm not 'filthy' rich. Also, there's nothing  wrong with me," she defended.

"You, putting it like that makes it more kind of obvious," Minji remarked. 

"Really?" Dara obliviously asked.

They let out a small laugh.

A girl waved at their group, they approached the table where the girl is sitting. There's also a guy beside her.

"Who is she?" the girl curiously asked.

"Dara, meet Chaerin," Minji introduced her, "Chaerin, this is Dara, a transferee."

"We're the same age, same grade, but different classes," Minji said.

"Nice to meet you!" She reached out her hand to her for a hand shake. 

"Same here," Dara responded with a hand reaching for hers.

"And oh, this is Seungri, you can call him, rat," Chaerin said.

"As in a rat?" Dara confusedly asked.

"Yes, as in a rat."

Dara let out a laugh.

"Hey, rat, wipe your drool out, you're so disgusting," Chaerin smacked him.

"Shut up, cat," Seungri replied. "Hi." 

"Pssh," Chaerin expressed as she shook her head.

"You're both close, are you guys, in a relationship?"  Dara asked the bickering couple infront of her.

Everyone laughed out loud at her question. She confusedly looked at them.

"Why are you guys laughing?" 

"D-dara, that's the best question I've heard in a while," Seunghyun said between his laugh.

"Maybe.. I shouldn't have ask?" Dara said.

"We're curious, too," Minji said.

Dara looked at the couple infront of her and she saw Chaerin's red face, red as tomatoes. She then looked at Seungri, who is looking at her. After a bit, when everyone's eating, Dara noticed Chaerin has been stealing a glances at Seungri, but Seungri never did once looked at her. Dara nodded at the scene.

I see. I see how it is. She smiled at the thought.

"So Dara, how's the school so far?" Jiyong asked me while he smiles.

Dara then again stared at him, making Jiyong taken aback. 

"Why does everytime I ask you a question, you stares at me?" Jiyong asked, "Or is it just me?"

"Then can I ask you a question?" Dara asked.

"S-sure.. Go ahead," Jiyong permitted.

"Why?" Dara asked.

"H..huh?" Jiyong doesn't know how to react on that.

"Why do you smile.. without emotions?" Dara said.

Jiyong, as if the ground was shaking. Couldn't answer her question.

No way. Jiyong thought, she saw through me? That's not possible.

The group looked at them silently, as they were shocked that, someone was able to see through Jiyong's unemotional smile. They thought that they were the only one who knew about it. They didn't dare to ask about it because they knew the reason behind it. They didn't want him to go back there and remind their friend of what happened. However, the girl, the girl who's sitting besides him asked him that difficult question. They knew it was about time that Jiyong let go of it.

"Jiyong," she called him. "Why?"

"W-what are you saying?" Jiyong defend. "How would you know if I'm smiling without emotions. You're so weird."

She continue staring at him, "You're weirder than I am. I don't smile without emotions. I only smile when there's a reason to smile."

She continued, "but you, pretending everything to be alright when it's not, you're thinking you're strong, huh? You're just in denial."

"D-dara, I think that's a bit.." Daesung tried to stop her remarks.

"What did you say?" Jiyong said.

"You want me to say it again?" she asked.

Jiyong couldn't believe he's dealing with someone like her. "What are you up to?"

"I'm not up to anything, I might not have been in your situation, but I know how it's like to bolt every feelings you're having inside, especially when they're all mixing. Can't say anything because you're worrying that if you tell your friends, they'll leave you 'cause you're being dramatic, those kind of thoughts." She said. "I've never had friends before. I'm just always playing with my older sister. I'm sorry if I offended you. I say what's in my mind and I mean it. I don't say any empty words. I want to be friends with you guys, so, I voice out my thoughts so that it could reach you."

Jiyong and the group were surprised by her positive personality. They just couldn't believe it.

Jiyong smiled again, "we can be friends, but there's no need to cross the line."

Dara smiled and looked at him, "Jiyong, smiling sincerely, I'll show it to you." 

Jiyong stared at her.

Chaerin nudge Youngbae, "what do you say?"

"Amazing," Youngbae replied.

"At Seungri's later, without Jiyong," Chaerin said, Youngbae nodded.

 

At Seungri's house.

The group gathered at Seungri's house without Jiyong and Dara. They wanted to talked about what happened at lunch earlier, they just couldn't possibly just let it slide like nothing happened. They liked Dara's speech at Jiyong's earlier and they believed that it's only Dara that can make him go back to old Jiyong again. The one who knows how to smile sincerely at everyone.

"What do you guys think of Dara?" Chaerin asked.

"Totally in for her. For Jiyong," Minji excitedly said. "I loved it when she said, voicing her thoughts out so that it could reach us, it was totally unexpected."

"Same here, I think she'll be a good match for Jiyong, one who says what's on her mind. She can influence Jiyong in a good way." Seunghyun approved.

"But since we don't know where she came from, maybe we should, you know.. Check a little family background? Just in case," Daesung said.

"That's true, and that's where Seungri is coming in," Youngbae said.

"You guys, why are you taking advantage of me?" Seungri cried.

They laughed, "just to helped Jiyong out with this one. It seems positive this time, you know?" Youngbae said.

"Fine, I'll check."

A few hours later.

"Guys, you wouldn't believe this," Seungri came in with sweating face.

"Why?" Seunghyun asked.

"Apparently, she's the second daughter of a chaebol(wealthy) family. She have a sister who is 3 years older than her and she goes to Seoul University with the couse of nursing, her name is Park Bom. Her dad, Park Alex, is the CEO of the largest fashion malls here in Korea, which is over 30 malls. Her mom, Park Shin Ae is one of the most famous interior designers all over the world. They all reside here in Korea." Seungri said as he passes down the documents and pictures that shows that Dara is a daughter of a chaebol family.

"She is filthy rich, alright." Youngbae said.

"Her family is amazing, full of smart people. I wonder if Dara is the same." Chaerin wondered. Out of curiousity, they all wondered, too.

"So, it's not like Jiyong is really poor, right? I mean they have business, too. Just not as big as the Parks, but enough to be one of the top ten biggest businesses in the industry." Daesung said.

"True, true." Youngbae agreed.

The next day.

"Good morning," Dara cheerfully greeted as she came in the room.

"Good morning!" Everyone greeted her back. She smiled.

"Good morning, Jiyong," Dara greeted him. She waited for his reply. He sighed, "good morning."

After that, Minji and the others came in and greeted each other.

"Alright class, I have went over the tests we had yesterday," the teacher said.

"Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatt~~," everyone complained. 

"There is one student who got it all right," the teacher sighed, "but I'm disappointed in majority of you, actually have failed."

She waved the paper up and called up the name who got everything right, "Dara."

"Yes?" She replied, everyone looked at her.

"No way...." Daesung said.

"Come get your papers," 

"Oh, okay," she came upfront and said thank you.

She came back to her seat whilst everyone is looking at her, making her look confused.

"Dara, you're really amazing," Minji said, with an approving nod.

"Why?" Dara asked.

"Because, you got a perfect score!" Minji replied.

"Didn't you? I thought it was normal for the students to get a perfect score?" Dara wondered. "My parents have always told me that every student gets a perfect score, so I must get it."

"Of course... They would think like that," Youngbae said.

"Is it wrong?" Dara asked.

"It's not that it's wrong, it's just that, not every students get a perfect score. That's a fact." Seunghyun said, leaving Dara shocked.

"Eeeh? Really? Let me see yours, then!" Dara took Daesung's papers.

"3..8?" Dara blinked.. "Out of 100? Is that a good thing?" Dara asked.

"Dara! You know, just keep up the good work. Don't be like him," Youngbae teased.

They laughed. "Oh, right!" Dara turned around to face Jiyong. "Hey, Jiyong."

"Yeah?" He replied.

She smiled at him, "Be my boyfriend."

Everyone frozed at the sudden demand.

"S-seems.. like we don't need to do anything to make them closer?" Daesung nudge Seunghyun.