Sushi & Karaoke: The Final Test

I am the Black Cat. (HIATUS cause I'm working on my other Choose your adventure Suju Fanfic)

Junki's POV 

It has been an interesting visit to Japan for me so far. I had photoshoots and press conferences in the past few days which was quite usual for me, but it was a really good thing that I left the shoot early. If I hadn't, I wouldn't have come across this girl singing like some crazy agasshi in the middle of the snow. She really is kind of weird but she's likeable. With time, I bet she can bring out her true potential-- ahem, with my help, of course! I am going to be her manager. 

She's like a kid in looks and personality. If only she wore clothes that normal girls would, she would look so much cuter. Not to mention, her eyes are really expressive and that's a big edge. I can imagine her wearing...  a loose white sleeveless blouse -- nothing extravagant, just simple. 

This kind of image would suit her really well. Sigh, if only it was her style. Well, I got her some girl clothes just in case of anything (ㅋㅋㅋ). But for now...

I'M HUNGRY. - o -

 

"Thank you for the clothes," she bowed.

"Ah, it's nothing. Are you hungry?" I asked her.

She nodded a yes. I rubbed my hands while carrying the shopping bags. 

"I told you earlier that I'd treat you to anywhere. So what do you want to eat?" 

She looked around and started laughing. The next thing I knew, we were in a sushi bar. 

.... ..... .....

"Kitty," I said while patting her black cat hat, "as I said, it's my treat so get any plate that you want. You shouldn't diet anymore. You don't need it."

"I used to be chubbier," she told me, "but ever since I ran away, I had to work while studying as well as not spend too much because my salary wasn't usually enough for all my expenses." 

Ran away? How old is she again? 21? 

"Wait, you RAN AWAY from home? Can I ask why?"

"Because of all the problems in the world," she said as she took a plate of kani sushi from the rotating conveyor belt.

"Itadakimasu."

I guess she's not going to be open to me yet. In case you have't noticed, I've been observing her ever since I took her home. How she would grind her teeth while sleeping indicates that there is a big regret that she is living with. This could hinder her progress by a lot, especially since it has found its way into her subconscious. (Yes, I read all about it to prepare myself for being a pro-manager! (- -,) ) She wasn't very trusting and she isn't used to being the center of attention but I could tell that she longs for it. I don't know why, but she does. When I saw her singing on the stage the day before, I knew that she had that something special that people look for in an idol. She was going to last in this industry, as long as she keeps up her work and gets over her stage fright. Don't worry, kitty, your ajum--I mean, oppa, is going to help you reach your dreams! 

I had been thinking too much. I know this because when I looked back at Chihiro, she had finished 10 sushi plates while I was just starting on my second. Nope, she is NOT a girl.

"Ajumma," she said and she looked at me with the brightest smile I had ever seen, "Gochisousama dea. [I ate well.]" 

"Y-your welcome..." I replied as a smile slowly crept up on my face too. 

LEE JUNKI! You just came out of the military and with your current situation, you're falling for another girl this fast? Wait, it's been a year already since... But I only found out recently so it seems like only last week that it happened...  LEE JUNKI, THIS IS YOUR COMMANDING OFFICER BRAIN AND I COMMAND YOU TO KEEP HER SAFE AS A BROTHER! AND THAT INCLUDES KEEPING HER SAFE FROM YOURSELF!

Gulp, yes, sir! No, I'm not falling for her. I just think that she's really cute. Ahem, I'm looking at it from a manager's point of view, and with a face like that, she would become an oppa/dongsaeng-killer. She's just like someone I used to know... 

Chihiro's POV

I gulped down all my hot tea. Ahhh... I'm so full, and I feel so happy. I love how the tea seems to rub my tummy like how you rub a puppy's tummy. Heee~

I turned to Junki and saw him deep in thought. This is the first time I've seen him like this. HE ONLY ATE 2 PLATES OF SUSHI??? And I ate like, what? 12? I put another plate in front of him. To my surprise, he automatically took his chopsticks and ate the sushi on the plate. I quickly put a next one in front of him, and he did the same thing. I continued until he had eaten 8 plates. When I was about to get another one, he grabbed my arm and said, still looking far off and deep in thought, "I'm full. And I don't want to pay for more plates."

Oops. Kekeke.

"Well, kitty," he said as he paid for the sushi, "did you eat your fill?"

"Osu, ajumma!"

"Before we go back to the hotel unit, I will take you out to do something fun. Something that all Asians enjoy~"

I shuddered. Cosplay? Oh please no gothic lolitas. I'd rather have cosplays of Gundam or any kind of meccha. *twinkly eyes*

.... .... .....

Karaoke? 

I have a hunch that he's planning something. I shot him a glare, he looked back at me innocently smiling. Hm. He's good. With that and his looks, he should be an actor. His face is really familiar though, but I can't seem to pinpoint... 

We entered a big room good for more than 10 people. There were disco lights inside spewing out various colors of blue, red, green, and yellow. This is the first time that I've been to a karaoke like this, and it made me feel like I was in outer space. I wonder why we got such a big room though? Is he expecting anyone else?

"Come, kitty, let's sing! Go go go pick a song. Don't worry it's just the two of us and the walls here are soundproof, trust me!" he said tugging at my arm.

"But I really don't want to sing..." 

"Ehh? You're saying that now after telling me you were gonna go with me to Korea?"

I looked down at my feet. He's right, Chihiro. Why don't you push through with any of your plans? You need to quit your habit of changing your mind so quickly! You can't just die like this. You need to try whatever you can so that you'll stop regretting! 

"Chihiro," he took my hand, "please really do think about this opportunity. It could change your life, I know it would. You don't have to rush yourself but I just really need to hear you sing again so I can evaluate you better before we start making the progression to training."

I sighed. I could feel the anxiety rising up in my throat. I took the songbook and began to browse through it. 

"You know what? To make you feel less nervous, I'm going to sing first," he said as he typed a number into the machine.

He started to sing and dance to an English song, "Karma karma karma~ chameleon". So amusing. xD After that, some waiter brought in a bucket of beer. Junki opened a bottle and gave it to me. 

"Drink?"

I took it. It's not like I haven't tried before. I drank sometimes when I was alone in my room. It made me forget my worries for a while, but at least for that time, I was happy and carefree. I still didn't feel like singing though. I took a swig. 

"What do you usually drink?" he asked me as he opened a bottle for himself.

"Sometimes o-sake, but I like beer more."

"Really? You're really not like other girls..." He got up and chose another song. This time it was "Sorry sorry" by Super Junior. He couldn't stop dancing! He was so hyper and he wasn't even drunk. Wakoko

I danced along to him in my seat because I was still shy to get on the stage. "Sorry sorry sorry sorry~" I sang softly as I took another swig of my beer.

Junki POV

She was starting to loosen up. That's good. I kept on dancing until the end of the song and finished my beer. She had finished hers too. I could tell that she looked kind of tipsy. Her face was pinkish already and she was smiling like crazy. Low tolerance, ㅋㅋㅋㅋ. 

My phone rang. "Hey, kitty, I'm going to go out for a bit to take this call, okay?" 

"Okayyy, ajumaaa~" she sang.

Hehe, she's really tipsy. I went out of the room and answered my phone.

"Hello, sir? Yeah, I'm with her right now."

"Great, Junki," the voice on the other line said. "Is she any good?"

"She's pretty reserved though she lets loose at times. With a little work, she could make it." 

"How's her voice?"

"I've only heard her sing a little bit because she noticed me watching and stopped. Stage fright issues. But so far, she has a really nice voice. It's full of emotion and very unique." 

"Can you put her on the phone? I want to hear her myself before making any official decisions." 

"Umm..." I peeked at her through the door. She was looking at the songbook while taking another swig of her beer. "She's kind of shy especially around people she doesn't know..."

"Then how can someone like that be a singer?" the voice snapped. "Junki, we can't have talents who won't sing when they're told to. I want people who will sing with no hesitations, no inhibitions." 

"But, sir, she hasn't even gone through training yet. I promise you she will get better and she'll get over her stage fri--." 

I heard a voice singing... 

"... Junki? Who is that I hear singing in Korean?" 

I peeked inside the room. 

"It's her." 

(Song: Byul by Kim Ah Joong)

"The wind is shaking the windows,and over my small room,

The stars fill up the sky, shining brightly too many to count,
the stars reassure tired me
they wipe away the many tears that are deep inside me

Don’t be hurt too much..they hug me tight and pamper me
and comfort me,
telling me to go to sleep

Though I’m exhausted to the point where I can’t walk
though my tears blur my vision
I’ll still smile in front of my love that I’m not able to get..."

 

"So, sir..." I started.

"She's... w-wonderful," I heard him stammer. "Put the phone closer." 

I put the phone next to the door and watched her as she sang. She looks drunk and she's singing while holding the beer bottle. She's so engrossed in the song. Her movements and voice are simply just perfect. I smiled as I gazed at her.

"My dream is coming. though it is unusual that my one star is bright

 

It is very bright, even blinding..it comes down to my shoulder
Stop being so sad..it holds my hand as it touches me
and gives me a warm hug

Though I’m exhausted to the point where I can’t walkthough my tears blur my vision
I’ll still smile in front of my love that I’m not able to get

Even though our happy times were short, I’ll treasure it deep inside my heart
like those countless number of stars, forever

Only for today, I won’t cry though my eyes fill with tears
I want to laugh like those stars
Oh~ I want to cherish all my happy moments deep inside my heart
Like those countless number of stars, forever."

 

 

She's even better than I thought she was. Is she crying? Omo, she is! She's probably got so much deep within her that she can only let out when she's like this. Poor girl... She finished singing and I put the phone back in my ear.

"Junki, I want her." 

"Sir?"

"When you get back to Korea, take her here immediately. I'll begin the preparations." 

He hung up. YESSS! I did it! She did it! We're going to Korea~~~ I was about to go back inside when I heard her singing again. This time, it was an English song I wasn't familiar with. I let go of the doorknob and peeked inside. Maybe I'll listen out here just a little longer. She has a pretty good American accent.

"I will break into your thoughts with what's written on my heart...

I will BREAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKK!!!!!!!"

My eyes went wide. HOLY SH... THIS IS INSANE!!! 

(A/N: This is the song she sang: I'm So Sick by Flyleaf)