The Cat and the Fiddler

I am the Black Cat. (HIATUS cause I'm working on my other Choose your adventure Suju Fanfic)

I ran for quite some time trying to find that address. Thank goodness Alex had written her address in both English and Korean so I could just show the paper to some native citizens and they could point out to me where I could find it. Thing is, I'm really bad with directions. No matter how often I go to one place, I can never remember the way so I always get lost.

After what felt like an eternity of senseless wandering, I was finally standing in front of the dormitory. Because I wasn't athletic, I was exhausted and dizzy. 

I wonder if Alex was home already? I went up to the guard to ask, however when he saw me, he turned pale and started stuttering with no words coming out. No sense in asking him then. He couldn't get anything out of his mouth. I lifelessly walked past him and into the elevator.

4th Floor... Why doesn't it say which room on the 4th floor?? Does this mean that I'll have to knock on every door until I find it? But I don't like talking to random people...

The elevator doors opened. I looked around and saw that there was only one door on the 4th floor. "So that's why..." 

I heard the sound of a violin coming from beyond the door. I have always loved violins. This one sounded so beautiful and edgy. I felt as though it was drawing me closer...

I was inside the dorm unit but I couldn't see Alex anywhere. At the other end of the place though, I could see a guy wearing a red cap, a jacket, and pants playing the violin. He didn't look very Korean. More of Chinese. And his eyes were so chinky that they look like they were closed (Oh, wait, they ARE closed). I crept closer so I could ask him where Alex was. 

Henry's POV

I feel like I want to just go out on a mountaintop and play my violin while being surrounded by snow and falling petals. Difficult pieces make me feel so good when I play them perfectly. 

Is it just me or did the atmosphere inside the dorm get chillier? I opened my eyes. The windows were closed. 

"A-ano..." I heard a voice say. 

I turned around to-- WAAAAAAAAAOHMYGOD:LFKANS:LFNADFLJANDFLK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chihiro's POV

Oro. He fell over backwards. Good thing he was clutching his violin to his stomach. He said "Oh my god" with a pretty good accent. I can speak to him in English!

I stepped closer to him and offered my hand to help him up. "Sorry..." 

Henry's POV

I didn't know that there were ghosts around the building. WHY NOW??? WHY ME????? Was the tune I was playing on my violin cursed???? 

It stepped closer... It held out its hand-- I'M GONNA DIE!!!!! 

"Sorry..." the ghost said in a soft but menacing voice. I swear I heard something like a snarl in between the word. 

I  CAN'T DIE NOW!!!! I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO SPEAK PERFECT KOREAN YET!!! 

I made for the door. Just as I was about to reach for the knob, it flung open.

"Hey #1 Canadian, you look paler than usual," Alex said as she entered the dorm.

"ALEX, I THINK I'M CURSED."

"Oh, Chihiro, you're here," she said as she went towards the ghost. 

"HOW DO YOU KNOW HER???" I asked hysterically.

"I met her at the ice cream parlor. Why are you so hysterical, Henry? Do you like her or something?"

"NO NO!!! I mean, she's okay but I meant to say that the reason why I'm like this isn't because I like her. She was haunting me earlier. Suddenly, she was standing behind me saying things like "Ano..." and "Sorry..." IT WAS SO SCARY..."

The ghost-girl turned her head slowly to look at me. She smiled. NO. SHE SMIRKED. CRAP SHE IS SO SCARY. 

"Alex, you left your wallet at the ice cream parlor..." she said softly as she held out Alex's wallet. 

"Oh, thanks! I hadn't noticed that it was gone."

"I must have disturbed you. I will go now. Thank you for your kindness..."

"Wait, don't leave now! You look like you could use some rest. Stay for dinner! I'm cooking-- as usual."

"... Thank you, Alex," Chihiro bowed low.

"Oh by the way, Henry, this is Chihiro. Chihiro, meet Henry," Alex introduced. 

I looked at the gho--Chihiro. After five seconds of blankness, I smiled a little-- a little nervously. 

She came closer to me and said out of nowhere, "Oro... Your cheeks are fat." 

"HAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!" Alex burst out. "Good going, chubby cheeks! You made a new friend!"

Things are going to get weirder.