Chapter 9

In Love With My Best Friend's Brother [DISCONTINUED]

“Maru-yah...” Barom started.

At first, I would’ve thought Barom was mad.

“Did you ask her yet?” Barom smiled wiggling his brows.

“Ask who what?” I questioned.

“YAH! HYUNG!” Maru shouted; irritated.
“Oh.. so, you didn’t tell Minjung-ah that you like her?” Barom asked.

My eyes widened.

“YAH! HYUNG! SHUT UP!” he yelled again.

Maru started chasing after Barom.

“You’re welcome!” Barom laughed.

As Barom and Maru were running around in the house, I looked over at Jinae who was laughing.

“Did you know that he likes me?” I asked.

She nodded.

“Why do you think I didn’t go after him when he left? I knew you were going to go anyways.” Jinae replied.

“You did?! Since when?!” I questioned.

“Since you’ve always wanted to spend time at my house and since you care about him so much.” she laughed.

My eyes widened. Was I really that obvious? Suddenly, Jinae grabbed my hand and pulled me into Maru’s room. I sat on the bed as she left me. A few seconds later, Barom pushed Maru in and rushly closed the door, blocking the door with who knows what. We tried to open the door, but no luck. It was kind of awkward but afterwards, we were okay.

“So you do like me.” I commented.

Maru nodded shyly.

“Since when?” I smiled.

“Since...” he hesitated. “Since noona told me about you.”

My eyes were about to bulge out of their sockets.

“Jinjja?!” I questioned.

He nodded again.

“What about you?” he questioned quietly. “Do you.. like me?”

“Yes, I do.” I said without hesitation.

He asked the same questions that I asked. I told him that I started liking him the first time I ever saw him. He smiled. I could hear Jinae and Barom moving the things blocking the door away. I stood up but as I did, I tripped on my own feet and closed my eyes ready to feel the pain I may experience. Nothing though; I didn’t feel anything. Except for the pain I could feel around my right ankle.

“Noona! Are you okay? “ Maru asked as I was in his arms.

I nodded and tried to stand up. I ended up falling back down because of the pain in my ankle. Maru helped me sit on the bed. He quickly got out of the room as he looked for the first aid kit. He quickly got back and started wrapping my ankle with a bandage. I smiled as I watched him. Suddenly, Jinae and Barom popped out of nowhere.

“Heeeey. What you guys doin’?” Jinae asked playfully.

“Awww, you guys are so sweet.” Barom commented. “Are you guys... you know, boyfriend and girlfriend yet?”

Maru and I just stared at them. I glared at Jinae; she tapped Barom’s shoulder and signaled him that they should leave. Understanding the situation, they both left us alone. I looked over at Maru as he looked over at me. We stayed in his room as we talked more.

“Noona?” he started. “Would you say yes if I did ask you?”

“Ask me what?” I questioned.

“If I asked you to be my girlfriend.” He answered.

“Yes.” I smiled.

He smiled, “Will you be my girlfriend?”

“I already answered.” I replied.

I hugged him as he hugged me back. His warm touch gave me butterflies. Jinae and Barom came back again; I jumped in my place as confetti flew everywhere. They started singing the “congratulations song”.

“Finally!” Barom exclaimed.

“I’m so happy for you guys.” Jinae gushed.

“Thanks.” I laughed.

Maru spoke up, “Noona. You should go home now. It’s getting late.”

I checked what time it was and he was right. I looked over at Barom wondering if he could give me a ride home. Jinae and Maru tagged along. Jinae was in the passenger seat as always as Maru and I were in the back. Maru is much more of a gentleman now that I noticed it. He opened the door for me and got in the car after I did. I would’ve thought that Maru would be to shy but he proved me wrong. As we were in the car, he took my hand and intertwined his fingers with my fingers.

Sadly, the ride home was shorter than ever. Maru opened the door for me again and walked me to the front door of my house.

“Good night, noona.” he smiled.

“Good night, Maru-yah.” I hugged him.

Before going inside, Maru pressed his soft lips against my forehead. He waved goodbye and disappeared into the car; leaving me speechless.

_____________________________________________________________________

AN: YAY :D DOUBLE UPDATE (: lol. Sorry to my lovely readers, that I haven't updated in awhile? lol school is being a with my fanfic writing time >< CAN'T WAIT TIL CHRISTMAS HOLIDAYS! More time to write (: Well Thank you for reading ^^