Chapter 1

In Love With My Best Friend's Brother [DISCONTINUED]

 

June 2009

 

"Minjung-ah! Minjung-ah! Wake up!"  Ray oppa called. 

 

It was a sunny day, but it wasn't any normal day. It was the last day of school, last day of grade 7. I was honestly really glad that summer vacation has started but knowing that my first love won't be back when school starts again, kind of made me sad. His name was Yu Barom. The first time I ever saw him was in the basketball pep rally back in January. When I saw him, I remember everything started to disappear one by one. All I could see was Barom. My heart started to beat faster and I was afraid that people would hear it. 

 

The rest of the school year, I've admired him from a far. Knowing that maybe, I don't even have a chance with him. He's pretty popular and almost every girl in school liked him. The only time I got to talk to him was when he said sorry for accidentally bumping into me. Anyways, he's already graduated which means he'll be going to high school. 

 

"YAH! Minjung-ah! Wake up. Do you want to be late?" Ray oppa asked.

 

"Aniyo oppa." I replied sleepily. 

 

I got up with my eyes half closed and walked towards the washroom with the clothes I was gonna wear. Ray oppa and I got to school on time. Since it was the last day of school, all we had was sport's day and the talent show. There were different stations; my favorite station was when we got an ice cream break. The talent show was fun. The day ended pretty fast. 

 

Two years passed by without Barom around. At first, it was kind of weird not seeing him around, but I got used to it after a few months. Between those two years, things have changed. My feelings for Barom were slightly forgotten until the first day of high school.

 

September 2011

 

I was pretty nervous for the first day of high school. All my close friends went to different high schools. Only Ray oppa was the only one I knew. When I got to Seoul High School, I was amazed at how big the school was. Since it was the first day, we didn't do much. We stayed in our homeroom as the teacher explained some rules and gave us sheets of paper to get signed by our parents. 

 

For the rest of the day, we tried to get to know everyone in our homeroom. I got to know a few people; some of them, I was sure I wouldn't get along with the later on. Except for one.

 

"Annyeonghaseyo." A guy bowed. "Kang Jun imnida!" he smiled widely.

 

I bowed back, "Annyeong haseyo. Kim Minjung imnida." 

 

"Are you usually really quiet?" he asked.

 

I shook my head, "No. Honestly, I'm just quiet when I first meet people. I'm... uh.. actually really talkative."

 

"Oh I see." he commented. "So what classes do you have this semester?"

 

"Uhm.. I have social first, then english, math and science." I responded.

 

"Oh! We have social and english together." he smiled.

 

"Really?" I asked.

 

He nodded eagerly. Kang Jun and I talked a little more. Without us knowing, time went by fast and school ended already. 

 

"Well, see you tomorrow, Minjung-ssi!" Kang Jun waved.

 

I nodded, "Bye!" 

 

First day of school ended already and I went home right away. I wonder what's in store for me this school year.