Chapter 2

In Love With My Best Friend's Brother [DISCONTINUED]

 

October 2011

 

September went by pretty fast and boring. We just started with reviews from last year and such. I've made a few new friends but I only became really close with 3 people. Kang Jun and I became close since we were in the same homeroom. He helped me a lot in social and english. Since he was the top student and my worst subjects are social and english. Lee Jinae and I became close quickly, she was in all my classes. She even thought I wasn't able to talk since I barely talked the first week of school. Lee Minwoo was in my math and science class. Jinae, Kangjun and I call him TK.  When we first met, he was really quiet but kind. 

 

I was in english class and there was 3 more minutes until lunch time. Since Jinae and I were done reading the chapters we were assigned, we took pictures with her laptop. 

 

"Hey, wanna come over to my house on Saturday?" Jinae questioned.

 

"Hmm, what day is Saturday?" I asked back.

 

"The 8th." she replied.

 

"Ah, okay." I smiled. "What time should I be there?"

 

"3:30pm. I have dance practice that day, but I'll be home by then. Oh and I'll text you my address." she smiled.

 

"Arasseo." I smiled back.

 

The bell finally rang for lunch. Jinae and I walked to our lockers; our lockers were in the same hall way but several lockers away. When we were done at our lockers, we were about to walk to the cafeteria when someone called Jinae.

 

"Jinae-yah!" a voice called out. 

 

Jinae turned around. "Just a second."

 

I nodded and waited. I turned around to see who she was talking to. My eyes widened in shock.

 

"Yu Barom..." I mumbled to myself. 

 

It was like grade 7 all over again. My mind blanked out, only seeing Barom. The feelings were coming back, but the feelings weren't as strong as before. He was as good looking as ever. I dazed off; I was so deep in my daydream that I never noticed Jinae came back.

 

"Hello? Minjung-ah!" she waved her hand in front of my face.

 

"Wait, what?" I came back to reality.

 

"Let's go. I'm getting hungry." Jinae commented. 

 

"Wait, how do you know him?" I questioned.

 

"Who?"

 

"The guy you were talking to. Yu Barom." 

 

"Oh him? He's my cousin."she responded.

 

"JINJJA?!" my eyes widened.

 

"Why? How do you know him?" she asked.

 

"Oh nothing. He just went to the same junior high as me."  I replied.

 

We headed off to the cafeteria. I was having second thoughts about telling Jinae or not. 

 

"Jinae-yah, I can trust you not to tell anyone something right?" I questioned.

 

"Of course!" she smiled.

 

"Hmm, what if I said.." I hesitated.

 

"Said what?" she asked.

 

"What if I said that I like Barom?" I whispered so no one else can hear.

 

"You do? Since when?" she asked; wide eyed. 

 

"Since grade 7." I mumbled.

 

"Jinjja? Waah, well I don't mind. I would be surprised if you didn't like him." She joked.

 

We laughed and finally got to our table in the cafeteria. Kangjun and TK were already there eating their lunch. They greeted us and we greeted back. Jinae invited them to come over Saturday but both Kangjun and TK had plans. TK had to attend a party. Kangjun's cousins were coming to South Korea for a vacation so he needed to clean out the guest rooms. TK finished his lunch quickly and got up.

 

"I'm gonna go to the library to study for the math test." TK annonuced to us. 

 

"WAIT WHAT?" Jinae blurted out. "We have a math test?!?" 

 

I started laughing, "Yeah, weren't you paying attention in class yesterday?" 

 

She shook her head in shock.

 

"Well, I'll see you guys later." TK smiled. 

 

"Bye TK-ah." I waved as he walked away.

 

Kangjun started giggling; I looked at him and saw where his eyes were directed. Jinae took out her math textbook looking over the things we learned from yesterday. Her eyes didn't leave her book. I started laughing again and tried to finish my lunch. 

 

The day went by slowly, but I was glad it ended. I was so tired since I didn't get enough sleep last night. I waited for Jinae at her locker as she got her things together to bring home. We left the school and right at the gate, someone was running towards us.

 

"Minjung-ah!" this person called.

 

As she got closer, I realized who it was.

 

"Oh, Yoonmi-yah." I faked a laugh. "What are you doing here?"

 

Park Yoonmi; she was my best friend back in grade 7 but some drama happened which lead to backstabbing and being fake to each other. Yoonmi and I knew we hated each other but we still tolerated each other somehow. After the fight, we had this love-hate friendship going on. 

 

"Well, I had a spare last period so I left school early and thought of visiting you." she 'smiled'.

 

"Oh I see." I commented.

 

Yoonmi looked from me to Jinae.

 

"Oh by the way, Jinae, this is Yoonmi. Yoonmi, Jinae." I introduced the two. 

 

"Annyeong Jinae." Yoonmi smiled. 

 

"Hi." Jinae smiled back.

 

"Where are you guys going?" Yoonmi questioned.

 

"Home." I answered instantly. 

 

"Oh then, I'll come with you guys, since we are neighbours." Yoonmi pointed to me.

 

"Oh right, I totally forgot you live a few houses away from me." I said sarcastically.

 

We started walking to the train station. Surprisingly, Jinae and Yoonmi got along really well. They even left me out of their conversation. I just walked behind them as the talked.

 

"Wanna come over to my house on Saturday? You can come with Minjung." Jinae asked. 

 

"Of course. I'd be happy to come." Yoonmi smiled.

 

I rolled my eyes as I passed the both of them; leaving them together without me. I got on the train which they missed and headed home.