Chapter 6

In Love With My Best Friend's Brother [DISCONTINUED]

It was a Saturday afternoon. Kangjun, TK, Jinae and I had plans to hangout. We all agreed to meet up at my house. It was only 1:30pm. Siwoo oppa was at work while Ray oppa was in the living room probably watching TV. I was in the kitchen looking for something to eat. I stuck my head in the fridge but I couldn’t find anything “eatable”.

“OPPA!” I called out.

“Eo?!” Ray oppa shouted back.

“I’m hungry.” I pouted.

I walked over to the living room, sitting beside Ray oppa.

“Wanna cook food or buy food for me?” I asked with puppy eyes.

“Yah. You’re hanging out with friends, why won’t you just eat at the mall or something?” Ray questioned back.

“I barely have money. It’s only enough for a drink.” I replied sadly.

“Eeeeey, we just got our allowance a few days ago, what do you spend your money on?” he commented.

“I spend it on food.” I smiled.

“Aigoo.” was all oppa could say. He pulled out his wallet and took out 60 000 won (about $50). He handed it over to me. My eyes widened.

“Oppa...” I said blankly.”But you...”

“Just take it. I still have a lot. I save up, unlike you.” he commented.

“Jinjja?!” I questioned.

He nodded, “Unless you don’t want it...”

“Ah, ani!” I took the money. “GOMAWO!”

I smiled and hugged him. Just then someone was at the door. I got the door and found the three already to go.

“Let’s go!” Kangjun smiled.

“Just a second, let me tell oppa that I’ll be leaving now.” I smiled back.

I went back in to get my sweater and said ‘bye’ to Ray.

“Be careful! Come home early.” Ray oppa demanded.

“I will. Bye!” I waved.

We finally left and started walking our way to the train station.

“So where are we going?” I questioned.

Jinae and TK shrugged. I looked over at Kangjun who didn’t respond. He was holding his stomach.

“Kangjun-ah, what’s wrong?” I asked.

I suddenly heard a growl coming from his stomach. He smiled; embarrassed.

“I’m hungry.” he stated.

I laughed, “Me too! Let’s go eat first.”

Jinae and TK agreed. We went to the COEX mall to eat at the food court. TK didn’t each much since he already ate. As usual, Jinae ate the most; the person that loves food the most. As we ate, I found something suspicious. We were finally done eating. Kanjun wanted to buy some ice cream for himself and Jinae went to the washroom. All that was left was me and TK.

“TK-yah.” I started.

“Eo?”

“You like someone, right?” I questioned.

He nodded slowly.

“Is that someone, by any chance, Jinae?” I asked again.

He paused. “Ani.” he said plainly.

“Eeeeey. You hesitated!” I pointed out.

“Wait. What if I did like her?” he questioned.

“I’d do nothing..” I started. “Except for teasing you.”

“Eeeey!” he exclaimed.

“But you do, don’t you? I see the way you look at her.” I commented.

“And so? She wouldn’t like me anyways. We’re better off being friends.” he said with his head hanging low.

“Eeey! Don’t be so negative!” I encouraged.

Kangjun came back with a cone of ice cream.

“What are you guys talking about?” Kangjun questioned.

“Oh nothing.” I smiled.

Jinae came back after a few seconds also.

“Were you guys talking about me behind my back?” Jinae questioned sarcastically.

“Of course not!” I laughed.

“Where are we going next?” Jinae asked.

“Let’s go to the zoo!” Kangjun insisted.

I looked at the other two, wondering if they agreed. They didn’t mind, TK was even excited. Jinae would go anywhere as long as we had money to buy food or food we packed. It’s been awhile since I’ve been to the zoo so I agreed. We took the train to the zoo, it was a 15 minute ride. We got to the zoo and all paid for ourselves. It’s been such a long time since I’ve been here. I think the last time I was here, I was with Ray oppa and Siwoo oppa. We were having some sibling bonding.

“OMO!” Jinae exlcaimed.

“Wae?” I asked.

She pointed over to something. I looked at the direction she was pointing at.

“PENGUINS!” Jinae yelled as she ran over like a little 5 year old kid.

I laughed shaking my head as I followed her. As I got there, she was practically pressing her face against the glass as she stared the penguins down.

“Yah! Jinae-yah. Don’t scare the penguins now.” TK joked and laughed.

Jinae stood up straight and slapped TK’s arm. TK was startled and started caressing his arm.

“Yah! I was joking!” TK stated.

Jinae started laughing and TK joined in. I looked around noticing that Kangjun wasn’t around. I left TK and Jinae alone as I looked for Kangjun. I searched outside first, but he wasn’t there. I checked the food court but he wasn’t there either.

“Where could he be?”
_______________________________________

AN: Sorry! it’s been a while since I’ve updated. lol being in high school is stressful .-. well, I hope you guys keep reading (“: