Chapter 4

In Love With My Best Friend's Brother [DISCONTINUED]

I stood there frozen. At that time, he didn’t feel like a dongsaeng, more like an oppa. I finally came back to my senses. The pizza finally came; Maru went out to buy some drinks for us as Jinae, Yoonmi and I started eating. A few minutes later, Maru came back but he wasn’t by himself.

“Oh! Oppa. Why are you here?” Jinae questioned.
I looked up and found Yu Barom right beside Maru.

“I just wanted to come here. Why? When was there ever a time I asked permission to come over?” he smiled.

“That’s true.” she nodded.

“Oh right. Oppa, this is my friend Minjung and Yoonmi.” Jinae introduced us.

I bowed, “Annyeong haseyo. Kim Minjung imnida.”

“Annyeong haseyo. I’m Park Yoonmi.” she smiled.

“HYUNG! Did Jinae noona tell you that Yoonmi-ssi likes you?” Maru blurted out.

Yoonmi’s eyes widened. Lucky for me, Jinae promised me she wouldn’t tell anyone about me liking Barom.

“Jinjja?” Barom laughed.

Yoonmi suddenly became shy and embarrassed. Barom took a piece of pizza and sat on the couch. When Jinae, Yoonmi and I were done eating we all agreed to make another cover. We decided on SHINee’s A-Yo. A upbeat song, opposite of Infinite’s Can You Smile. As we sang, both Maru and Barom were listening.

“So hyung, who do you think is the best at singing?” Maru questioned.

“Minjungie!” He clapped.

“Eeeey, you’re just trying to be nice.” I complained.

“No seriously. Your voice is amazing!” he complimented.

I smiled, “Well, thank you.”

Although, Barom and I just met formally, we became comfortable with each other pretty quickly. Honestly, the feelings for Barom weren’t there anymore. It was already getting late. It was already 9pm.

“Omo. How are we getting home? It’s already dark outside.” Yoonmi pouted.

“I can drop you guys off.” Barom suggested.

“Are you sure?” I questioned.

“Ne! Let’s go!” he smiled.

“I’m coming!” Jinae insisted.

“Me too!” Maru called out.

We all got ready and got into Barom’s car. Jinae sat in the passenger's seat while Yoonmi, Maru and I were sitting in the back. We dropped off Yoonmi first since it was closer.

“Kamsahamnida!” Yoonmi smiled and got off.

“No problem.” Barom smiled.

She closed the car door and headed towards her house. We headed out way to my house which was one block away. We got there in just a few minutes.

“Thank you, Barom-ssi.” I smiled.

“Yah! Call me oppa.” he smiled.

“Arasseo. OPPA.” I emphasized.

I got off and walked up to the front steps. I waved to them.

“Call me.” Barom joked.

“YAH!” I laughed.

“Annyeong!” I waved and entered my house.

That was a day I’d never forget. A few days passed and we were in school again. We were in the cafeteria with Kangjun and TK.

"Did we have homework assigned to us this morning?" TK questioned.

Jinae laughed, "How should we know? We aren't on your morning classes."

"Oh right! Kekeke. Mianhae." He laughed innocently.

"Wait, did we get homework?" Kangjun asked blankly.

I shook my head, "Ani. We just need to study for the social test tomorrow."

The bell rang which meant we had math next while Kamgjun had science. Jinae, TK and I separated from Kangjun and headed to class. Our teacher wasn't there so we all hangout in the hallway until she arrived. I checked my backpack to see if I didn't forget anything for math class.

"OMONA! I dont't have my calculator!" I panicked.

I tried to text Ray oppa but he wouldn't answer.

"Aaah, oetteohke?!" I whined.

"Annyeong, Minjung-ah!" a voice called out.

My head snapped up and I found him standing right in front of me.

"Oh! Oppa! Do you have a calculator I can borrow?" I asked anxiously.

"Ne, but I have math next period." Barom replied. "But you can use it." he smiled.

"Jinjja?!" I questioned.

He nodded, "We pass by each other when we go to our next class so just give it to me when you see me."

He took his calculator and handed it to me.

“Thank you so much!” I smiled.

“No problem.” he smiled back and walked away.

The teacher finally came and we headed inside the classroom. Although it felt like a long day, the day really went by fast. I gave Barom his calculator back and headed science. That class went by fast also. The teacher assigned us a project that was due next week. The final bell rang and we headed to our lockers. We met up at the front of the school.

“I’m hungry!” I complained.

“Me too.” Jinae pouted.

Jinae and I started walking towards the train station. As we were walking, a red car pulled up beside us.

“Jinae-yah! Minjung-ah! Wanna come with me?” Barom questioned.

“Where?” Jinae asked back.

“Anywhere. Let’s go eat.” he replied. “I’m paying.”

We agreed and got in the car. He brought us to some casual restaurant. He ordered bulgogi with rice and a side dish order of kimchi.

“Waah! Thank you!” I smiled.

“No problem.” he smiled back.

“Oh! Oppa, can you give us a ride home?” Jinae questioned.

“Hmm, I don’t think I can. Mian. I have work later and I won’t have time to drive you home and back.” he responded.

“Oh jinjja?” she asked again.

“But I can drop you off the the nearest train station.” he suggested.

We nodded in agreement, “Arasseo.”

The bulgogi was delicious, before leaving, he also bought us bubble tea.

“Jeongmal kamsahamnida.” I told Barom.

He laughed, “Ah, so cute.” He ruffled my hair. “No problem.”

Although I thought I’d feel something, like a spark or butterflies in my stomach, but nothing. It didn’t feel special. It felt more like having another older brother. Barom drove us to the train station and headed off to work.

That day, I realized one of my wishes came true. Back in junior high when I was still in love with Barom, I always wished that one day we'd hangout. Although he's not mine and the feelings are pretty much gone, it's still nice knowing that wishes do come true even if it was late. Jinae and I were tired and went home straight away.

__________________________________________________________________________

AN: hehe ^^ are you liking it so far? Thank you for reading. I hope you read the rest of it as I keep updating (: THANK YOU SO MUCH ^^