Chapter 3

In Love With My Best Friend's Brother [DISCONTINUED]

Jinae and Yoonmi became closer ever since they met each other a few days ago. I pretended to not care about it and ignored it. I woke up to a sunny Saturday morning. I showered, got changed and waited for the time to pass by. I stayed in my room just watching some Running Man that I didn't get to watch the other days. The guests were SNSD; I laughed so hard. In the middle of watching it, someone interrupted me by ringing the doorbell.

I got out of my room to get the door. I wasn't that surprised to see Yoonmi standing there.

"Hi Minjung-ah." she greeted.

"Annyeong." I greeted back.

"Are you ready?" she questioned.

I nodded.

"Can I get a drink of water first?" Yoonmi asked.

"Go ahead." I replied.

I got my bag and we headed off to Jinae's house. As we were on the bus, I texted Jinae. Her number was under the name "Piggy Rabbit" because she loves to eat a lot and in science class, she was munching on carrots.

To: Piggy Rabbit
Hey. Are you home already?


From: Piggy Rabbit
No, I'm heading home now though. 
Wae? Where are you?


We're at starbucks near your house.

Oh, arasseo, I'm almost home. Just stay there until I text you.

Arasseo.

Yoonmi and I ordered a drink and sat at a table as we waited for Jinae's text. At first it was really awkward since it's been awhile since Yoonmi and I actually hungout with just us together.

"So.. how's the high school you're attending?" I asked to break the silence.

"It's nice. I'm actually focusing in class now." she replied.

"Oh well that's good." I responded. "Oh do you remember Yu Barom back in junior high?"

"OH! The one we both had a crush on?" Yoonmi laughed.

"Ne." I nodded. "He goes to the high school I go to."

"JINJJA?!" her eyes widened.

I nodded, "I was so surprised when I saw him."

"I want to see him now." Yoonmi pouted.

"Oh and Jinae and Barom are cousins." I mentioned.

"WHAT? You're joking right?" she doubted.

I shook my head.

"Waaah! Daebak!" Yoonmi exclaimed.

I suddenly got a text from Jinae.

From: Piggy Rabbit
You guys can come over now (:


Yoonmi and I left and headed over to Jinae's house. It was a 5 minute walk to get to her house. We looked for a blue house with a little graden in front of the house. We found it right away since it was in front of a convenient store. We walked up the stairs and rang the doorbell. Jinae opened the door and greeted us.

"Annyeong!" Jinae smiled.

"Annyeong!" Yoonmi greeted back.

I wasn't able to talk because I was distracted. A tall good-looking boy figure was standing behind Jinae. We walked into Jinae's house, kind of uncomfortable.

"Oh, sit down. Feel at home." Jinae smiled.

"O-okay." I hesitated.

"So is that you're older brother?" Yoonmi questioned, pointing to the boy that caught my eyes.

Jinae shook her head, "Ani, he's younger than me by a year."

Both Yoonmi and I were shocked. "WHAAAAT?!" we shouted in unison.

"Yeah, his name is Jaejun but we call him Maru." Jinae mentioned.

"Annyeonghaesyo, Maru imnida!." he bowed.

"Annyeong! Park Yoonmi imnida!" she smiled brightly.

"A-annyeonghaseyo, Kim Mi-minjung imnida." I bowed shyly.

He smiled, "So you're the Minjung that noona tells me about."

“N-ne.” I stuttered.

“I’ll be back.” Maru announced as he went upstairs.

When Maru was out of sight, I was about to say something but Yoonmi interrupted me.

“Kyaaa! Your dongsaeng is so cute!” she gushed.

Jinae laughed, “Wae? Love at first sight already?”

Yoonmi nodded eagerly, not feeling a bit embarrassed.

*Waaah, so she likes him too...* I thought to myself.

As the day past, we hangout and Yoonmi and Jinae got to know each other more. I stayed in the living room on my laptop just searching for some new dramas to watch. Jinae and Yoonmi were in Jinae’s room as Yoonmi curled her hair. Maru was at the kitchen table watching some anime.

“Minjung-ssi. Why aren’t you with noona and Yoonmi-ssi?” Maru asked.

“Yoonmi-yah is curling your noona’s hair.” I responded without looking up.

“Loner!” he laughed.

“YAH!” I shouted.

“I’m just joking.” he laughed again.

I just ignored him as I started looking for fanfics to read since I couldn’t find any new drama. After a few minutes of searching, nothing interested me. My head snapped to the side as I felt the couch move. Maru sat beside me.

“Why are you sitting here?” I questioned.

“Wae? I can’t sit on my own couch?” he asked back.

“No, it’s just... nevermind.” I responded.

He shrugged and continued on with his anime but making sure I didn’t feel lonely. I smiled.

“Can I call you noona?” Maru suddenly asked.

I was taken aback; my eyes widened.

“Uhm. Sure, if you want to.” I replied without looking at him.

I was about to get up when I saw Jinae and Yoonmi come back to the living room.

“I’m getting hungry.” Yoonmi announced.

“Me too!” Maru whined. “Ah noona, let’s go buy some pizza.” he smiled.

“Oh, should we go out and buy it or just get it delivered?” Jinae questioned.

“Get it delivered.” Maru responded.

We all agreed; Jinae called and ordered a huge cheese pizza and a pack of chicken wings. As we waited, Yoonmi thought of an idea.

“You have a guitar right?” Yoonmi questioned Jinae.

Jinae nodded, “It’s in my room. You can get it if you want.”

Yoonmi headed to Jinae’s room again and came back with a guitar. She handed it over to me. I took it with a confused expression on.

“You’re better at playing guitar than me.” she smiled. “Let’s search up chords and make a cover!”

I smiled, “Arasseo.”

Jinae got her camera, putting it on a tripod as we gathered in front of it. Maru went back to the kitchen table, still watching anime as he waited for the pizza to arrive.

“What song are we going to cover?” I questioned.

Jinae and Yoonmi suggested some songs but we all did seem to agree on it.

“How about Infinite’s Can You Smile?” I suggested.

Both Jinae and Yoonmi nodded. From the 3 of us, I was the hardcore Inspirit. Yoonmi was a hardcore Shawol while Jinae was a hardcore B2uty. We searched up the chords and we started when we were ready.

Yoonmi started singing the first half of the first verse while Jinae sang the second half of it. We all sang the chorus together.

“And can you smile?
Niga wonhajanha.
Niga barajanha.
Nae mam maneuroneun
Neol jabeul suga eomneungabwa.”


The two stopped singing, leaving me to sing by myself.

“And can you smile?
Naega garajanha.
Nan gwaenchantajanha.
Majimak neoege
Nan igeot bakken mot junabwa.”


We finished the whole song and watched it. We laughed at some of the mistakes we made but put it up on facebook anyways.

“Waaaah!” Maru exclaimed. “Daebak! I never knew you had a beautiful singing voice. -”

I smiled shyly, “Kamsaha-”

“I thought you were just good at being ugly.” he continued.

“YAH! LEE JAEJUN!” I yelled furiously.

I got up and started chasing him around the house. He started laughing as he ran away. I caught up to him and repeatedly slapped his back.

“YAH! MWOGA?! WHAT DID YOU SAY?” I yelled.

“That hurts.” he pouted.


“Eeeey, don’t use aegyo, it’s disgusting.” I exclaimed.

He laughed, “Arasseo.”

He ruffled my hair as he said, “Mianhaeyo.”

I stood there frozen.
____________________________________________

AN: Hehehe, how do you like it so far? These chapters are so long omg. lol. I hope you continue reading this ^^ Oh please do support the rookie group, C-Clown from Yedang entertainment. (LOL i do not own any of these idols btw ^^ ) But this story is a true story that happened to..”someone”.. XD So please don’t plagiarize (: KAMSAHAMNIDA! Please comment? Subscribe? (: Chapter 4 will be the continuation of this day, just so you know ^^