Desperate Man

The Green Pendant

 

Yoona woke up with a big smile on her face. Its been a week and it couldn’t get any better. A weeks since its official that she was dating Taecyeon, a week since their first kiss, a week since she finally take the chance to actually genuinely fall for someone. Yoona stood up and looked at the mirror, she was glowing. Suddenly she felt the need to yell because she was so happy, thus she stuffed her face on her pillow and yell all her might.

“Yoona, you up?” she heard Yuri calling. ‘I need to borrow some moisterizer. And I know yours is like the real expensive one that people don’t normally...”

“Here,” Yoona opened her door and gave Yuri her moisterizer, the expensive one.

“Thanks,” Yuri eyed Yoona. The girl practically skipped her way to the kitchen and made herself some breakfast. “You know I could use some toast.” Knowing Yoona, she never really make breakfast for others, none of them do except for Sunny who is the mother of the house.

“Sure!” Yoona said happily from the kitchen.

Yuri watched Yoona when Sunny approached her. “If that what Yoona’s going to be like having a boyfriend, I’d say bravo Ok Taecyeon, you have made our life a hell lot easier.”

“Huh, yeah. It is also bonus points that Taecyeon is really hot,” Sunny pointed out. “And his very georgeous friend who sings like an angel got snagged by our goody two shoes ice queen Jessica.”

“I should find myself a boyfriend if that means I’ll be that happy,” Yuri watched as Yoona happily pressed the toast with some butter.

“You’re pretty Yuri, of course you’ll find one. Good luck with keeping one though,” Sunny simply said.

“What do you mean by that?” Yuri was offended.

“You can’t even keep one,” Sunny said and she sees Yuri looking at her. “Remember that really cute foreigner named Nichkhun who would do anything for you, you broke up with him for the lamest excuse.”

“He’s prettier than me, that is so not okay,” Yuri looked away. It is true, Nichkhun was like the male version of Moon Geun Young. Who doesn’t like Moon Geun Young?

“Or maybe that guy Junho, who by the way, was really into you, but you broke up with him because you said it exhausts you.” Sunny saw that Yuri’s face suddenly changed.. “I’m right, right?”

“Actually, I just said that to save face,” Yuri looked down.

“What do you mean?” Sunny was confused. “Did he broke up with you?”

“No, of course not,” Yuri shakes her head. “I really liked Junho, I mean he was actually the most decent guy I have ever met.”

“Then what’s the problem?”

“I kinda broke up with him because he’s not that into me,” Yuri still looked down. “I mean he’s not even that into me when we first began dating. He dates me to get to someone else.”

“Who?” Sunny looked right at her friend.

“Jessica.”

-

Jessica was in for another recording and she waited for Junsu in front of his apartment. Junsu had an all nighter that he woke up very late, so they are going to be late for the studio today. Junsu did appologize so many times but it was alright. She liked that Junsu was very hardworking to make an art, to make good music. She was kind of worried if her small voice would ruin his music, but he assured her if anything it enhances it.

Jessica was also blushing when Junsu captured her hand the other day and gave a small kiss on her cheek.. She didn’t know if they were a couple, she didn’t know where they stand, but Junsu had told her again and again, that he was courting her. Maybe it was up to her now to do something, anything so they can actually name where they are standing.

“Jessica?” she looked around and saw Taecyeon with his bag sling on his shoulder. He was different. He was somehow calmer, happier. She knew the source of happiness, and she is glad. “If you are waiting for Junsu, he’s going for a long shower. I mean that dude knows no boundries in getting ready.”

“That is okay. I’ve only been here for a couple minutes,” Jessica smiled.

“You should wait inside. I mean its kind of chilly,” Taecyeon said. Jessica originally denied but Taecyeon can be very persistent. So she ended up waiting inside of the apartment. “I would offer you tea or something, but we don’t really have anything of sorts honestly.”

“Its okay. I’ve had my breakfast before coming here,” Jessica smiled.

“Okay. Well, I’m off,” Taecyeon walked to the door. But before he left, he looked back. “He really likes you. So don’t let him wait too long, even if he would wait forever.” Unlike Taecyeon who usually take charge on everyhing, Junsu is usually more calmer about a relationship. He likes to give the girl space but show that he is there.

Jessica sat quietly and thought about what Taecyeon had said to her. It is true that Junsu had told her that he is courting her, graciously with the right words too. But Jessica is still scared to take any actions, because unlike Junsu who have an obvious reaction towards something, Jessica is more of an introvert where she kept her feelings down low.

Jessica heard a ruffling sound behind her and she looked back, only to find a haf and wet Junsu staring back at her. She immediately looked away, and stuttered. “S-Sorry. T-Taec-Y-Yeon said it’s okay t-to w-wait here, so...”

Suddenly she felt his warmth behind her and his arms both beside her. His wet hair peeked beside her face and she can feel herself flush. “Are you nervous?” he asked quietly with his hot breath hitting her skin.

“O-oppa... I...” she stuttered again. She was a blushing fool. Then she feels the warmth fade as Junsu retracted himself and patted her head.

“Sorry for messing with you, Sica-yah,” she can sense his smile when he said that. But the fact that Taecyeon had said earlier on how Junsu was waiting for her made her realize how his voice was actually sad. “I’ll be out in a minute, so stay put okay.”

“O-okay,” Jessica sighed. She hated herself.

-

“So you’re saying that you broke up with Junho because he likes Jessica?” Sunny asked as she pulled Yuri into an early breakfast out, leaving the smiling fool Yoona alone. “Did he tell you that?”

“No, but its so obvious. I mean everytime we have a date he asked about Jessica and its making me sick,” Yuri sighed. “I know its obvious that out of the four of us, Jessica is probably the prettiest, hell the smartest and she seems to be alright snatching a hot boyfriend, but I didn’t think it would  be mine too.”

“Sica did not snatch any of your boyfriend,” Sunny corrected her.

“I know, but it felt like it okay. I really liked Junho but it seems that he’s not feeling the same way. That’s why I broke up with him. You know how I feel about sad movies, how would it make me in a sad relationship?” Yuri looked down.

“Well, screw Junho, he’s already out of our life forever for like a year now,” Sunny smiled big. “The present is for you to find a good guy!”

“But I at keeping one,” Yuri admitted.

“Well, you’ll learn how to,” Sunny smiled.

“You know what Sunny, you’re pretty too. Why haven’t you found anyone?” Yuri asked.

“Oh I did,” Sunny smiled. She stood up and said. “It’s just I haven’t found the next right one just yet.”

-

Yoona was in her office and she is typing in her computer. Work is still work so she has her serious mode on. Next week was her assignment period in college so she needs to get as much of work done this week or else it will be restless nights. She saw a hand handing a cup of coffee in front of her. She looked up and she sees Lee Teuk staring back at her.

Yoona sighed. She knew Lee Teuk was trying to worsen her relationship with Taecyeon, and she ain’t letting any of that now. “What do you want, Lee Teuk-ssi?”

“I’m just... I’m sorry,” Lee Teuk hoped deeply for forgiveness. “I know you’re with Taecyeon now, and it will be hard to just forget my feelings about you. But I just want you to know, I am happy for you, even if it hurts. Though it will hurt even more if you don’t forgive me.”

Yoona looked at him and he sees that Lee Teuk was sincere.

“We are kind of like very good friends before this ever happened,” Leeteuk added and he sighed in relief when he sees Yoona’s smile.

“Alright, I’ll forgive you. Under one condition,” Yoona said looking at him sharply.

“Anything,” Lee Teuk said.

Yoona smiled.

-

They arrived at Jay’s bar where Lee Teuk’s face dropped. “No way.”

“Yes, and you are going to do it,” Yoona pushed Lee Teuk in.

“Yoona, yah, I apologized to you and I think that ought to be enough. I wouldn’t dare to ruin your life but my intention to destroy his is very, very pure,” Lee Teuk was pushed in and he sees an angry Jay looking at him. “Hi Jay.”

“Oppa, we are here to make peace, so you’ll let him in right?” Yoona smiled sweetly and as if it was an automatic reaction, Jay smiled back at Yoona, but dropped his smile when he looked back at Lee Teuk.

“Fine. I’ll let him in. But if he tries to do some damage, even killing a mosquito act, he’s gone,” Jay warned and he went back to his proceedings on his table.

“Oppa,” Yoona walked towards the bar and there was nobody. Yoona peeked in and there he was, sleeping on two stools, earphones on.  “Oppa.” Yoona poked him but he didn’t budge to wake up. Yoona sighed, and she circled the bar, getting closer to Taecyeon. Slowly she kissed his lips and the sudden kiss shocked Taecyeon that he woke up, flushing.

“Yoona-yah!” Taecyeon was a blushing fool while Yoona just smiled. She liked that she actually have that effect on him.

“Oppa, you shouldn’t be sleeping during work,” Yoona smiled and circled back out from the bar.

“Well, nobody exactly have alcohol at 11 o’clock in the morning,” Taecyeon stood up and he looked at Jay with his wiski. “Except for him. Anyway, what are you doing here?”

“I missed you,” Yoona was never the shy girl who acts shyly around her boyfriend. She usually flaunts her happiness, because it is what it is, she is happy. And that is the exact thing Taecyeon liked about her. Taecyeon lowered his lips onto hers, only to receive a cough behind him.

“I know both of you are already like this fantastic lovey dovey couple, but please, I still have feelings for this girl, would you please keep your PDA for other times,” Lee Teuk was annoyed. He accepted that Yoona is with Taecyeon, but that doesn’t mean he needs to see it upfront too.

“Sorry,” Yoona smiled appologetically. “Anyway, Lee Teuk oppa is here for a mission.”

“What is it?” Taecyeon asked.

“You guys are going to hang out with each other!” Yoona smiled big.

“What?” both Leeteuk and Taecyeon said.

“You know, hang out or something. Leeteuk is actually one of my very good friend who sometimes hit on me during work and Taecyeon, you’re my boyfriend. I kind of need you two to get along,” Yoona said as if its an easy thing to do.

“This dude accused me in hitting on his woman when he already had two,” Taecyeon simply said.

“And this guy right here, just run into my life and ruined it,” Leeteuk said and Taecyeon could only look at him. “You know what I mean, you jerk.”

“See, we are only here for 30 seconds and we’re already this aggressive, what makes you think I can hang out with him?” Taecyeon crossed his arms, already not going with any of Yoona’s plan.

“Well, it will help a lot for our relationship you know for you to start knowing who the people in my life is. You already know Jessica, Yuri and Sunny so it won’t be that hard. I’ve gotten along well with Junsu oppa, Jay oppa, even Yubin unnie who is surprisingly really nice,” Yoona held onto Taecyeon’s arm, begging a bit. She did her puppy eyes and he knows he melts under her puppy eyes.

“Okay, I’ll do it,” Taecyeon sighed and he can see Leeteuk rolling his eyes. “But, as a trade, you need to do the exact same thing.”

“Like what?” Yoona was confused.

“Sunye,” Taecyeon said one name, and Yoona was already seeing the horror in it.

“No, oppa. She hates me. Like really hates me. Even Yubin unnie acknowledge that fact,” Yoona remembered her forst date with Taecyeon, and Sunye’s glare during the other time they saw each other. “She would literally kill me if I stayed with her more than a minute.”

“Come on, stop being so dramatic. While I have to hang out with this jackass over here, you’ll be planning a day with Sunye, this Saturday,” Taecyeon smiled. He held his hand to her. “Deal?”

Yoona sighed. She did say it was for their relationship. “Fine, deal.”

Yoona left waving goodbye and that was Taecyeon’s day, spent with Leeteuk, despite of his, Leeteuk and Jay’s concious.

Taecyeon who is standing behind his bar, cleaning some glasses looked at Leeteuk, who glared at him. “You know you could just stop staring and try to hit me, and I’ll try to hit you, then Jay will throw you out and we’ll be done with this.”

“Unlike you, I’m doing my best for Yoona here,” Leeteuk challenged.

“Unlike you, she’ll still be with me after all this thing evaporates,” Taecyeon smirked.

“You willing to bet on that?” Leeteuk glared.

“Oh I’m pretty confident,” Taecyeon glared back.

“Okay, that is enough. Your puppy glares will chase the customers away,” Jay pulled both of them apart. “Listen, why can’t you just get along. I mean of course it will be hard since Leeteuk here is an and Taecyeon is just too good looking to be friends with, but the point is, both of you like Yoona right. So maybe rather than being an egoistical both of you are, try do it purely for her, and not just saying it either, really do it for her.”

“Fine,” Taecyeon said. “But later, I have work to do.”

“No, you don’t,” Jay took the glasses from him. “If you are going to do any of this thing, you are not doing it in my bar. I have paid a lot for your argument before and I am not going to have you take up more loss on this barestaurant.”

Jay pushed them both out of the bar and won’t let them come in again. He smiled proudly. Because Yoona have promised him a lot of customers (mainly girls) to his place, so why not.

“Okay, so what do we do now?” Taecyeon looked around but on Leeteuk.

“Well, we can try not to kill each other,” Leeteuk answered. Even if he did want to puch Taecyeon on the face, the guy was twice of his own size so he rather spare his life. “Lets go.”

“To where?” Taecyeon asked.

Leeteuk sighed. “I guess to  properly do this I have to show you something first.”

They took a cab to downtown, and Taecyeon was confused. He had been here before and that was only because Hyori urged him and Junsu to go, right to her alley, the place where she controls most men. Which is why he hated this place, Hyori is not exactly the kind of girl you get involved to, but Junsu insisted that the nuna was nice enough.

“Yah, where are you taking me? Don’t tell me you are also one of Hyori nuna’s men,” Taecyeon laughed a bit.

“I was,” Leeteuk slowy said. Taecyeon was surprised, not by the fact itself but by his honesty. “Until I saw that she meant to hurt people on the process too.”

“What are you talking about?” Taecyeon suddenly smelt fear. That is never a good thing.

“We’re here,” Leeteuk said and Taecyeon looked out, it was an old rusty building. “Hyori nuna’s club was here before she moved more upscale. But she still owns this building. I found out about it when well, I was working under her.”

“Working under her? Exactly for what?”

“Getting rid of you,” Leeteuk honestly answered. He cracked the door open with the key he had. “We both have the exact same reason, both of us wanted you out. I got that file about your accident from her.”

“Hold on. I know exactly why you would want to rid of me, but why would Hyori nuna want to rid of me. I don’t even know her that well,” Taecyeon couldn’t fathom what was happening.

“Well, you should see for yourself,” Leeteuk opened a door and what was in there shocked Taecyeon. It was a room filled with pictures of his dearest friend, Junsu. Every inch of the wall was filled with his photos, even photos from back when he was a teenager. “Hyori nuna has this thing for Junsu that I don’t even understand of. But when he said that he wants you out, she meant it.”

“But why would she...” Taecyeon scanned the room, too shocked to say anything.

“I guess she felt like Junsu kind of changed when he met you. Jay told me about it. He was more free, he knows his direction, he didn’t need Hyori nuna anymore,” Leeteuk told him. “Hyori nuna kept this place because it was the first time she met Junsu, right here.”

“No, Junsu is not the type of person who would dump others just because he me someone new,” Taecyeon said.

“Well, that is not what Hyori nuna thinks. She thinks that Junsu will want to get rid of his past, and Hyori nuna is apart of his past. That is what she thinks anyway,” Leeteuk looked around. He saw a picture and gave it to Taecyeon. It was a picture of himself with Junsu, laughing. “You made him a better person, more than Hyori nuna ever did. To her, you were stealing him away. That is why she wants you out, and she would do anything, even killing you.”

“What?” Taecyeon looked at Leeteuk.

Leeteuk suddenly bowed to Taecyeon. Slowly tears came to his eyes. “I’m sorry. I didn’t know. I was just so desperate to be with Yoona that everything about it blinded me. But Hyori nuna gave me a very good idea.”

“Yah, what are you saying?” Taecyeon led Leeteuk to stand up straight again.

“I know Yoona would want us to get along, and Jay was even commanding right into my alley. Getting you alone with me. To actually do this I need you to know why. For a wise person,” Leeteuk took a knife from his pocket. “You’re not that wise.”

“Yah, don’t play with that...” Taecyeon stepped back before Leeteuk charged his knife on him.

-

Yoona entered her apartment after a noon class with a few phamplets in her hands. Yoona scratched her head, looking at some good restaurant that serves cool and chilling music, rather than a club where her voice will never be heard if Sunye started to strangle her. “Ah! This is so hard! Why can’t Taec see that Sunye hates all of me.”

She heard her apartment door clicked and saw Jessica coming in.

“Sica! Do you know any good restaurants, that has music that could ease people perhaps not letting them want to kill you,” Yoona asked. Jessica could only silently shook. “Sica, are you okay?”

“Yeah,” she said in a small voice.

Yoona immediately went to Jessica. “Yah, Sica, are you sure you are okay?” Yoona entered Jessica’s room.

“I am fine. Just... thinking,” Jessica sat on her bed.

“O.. kay?” Yoona sat beside her. “Come on, you can talk to me.”

Jessica looked at Yoona, and her eyes were filled with confussion. “Its just that, Minjun oppa is really kind and charming, oh God you should look at him when he’s singing.”

“Then what is the problem. You obviously like him and he obviously shown that he likes you,” Yoona held Jessica’s arm.

“Well, I do like him, but I don’t think I’m enough for him. He’s really the whole package deal there. And I’m just... I think he only likes me because my voice matches his songs,” Jessica looked down. “What if he found a new muse, what if he found another girl that could make his songs better?”

“Sica-yah. You should know that Junsu oppa only looks at you when we went on that karaoke, not because you sing well, but because he really looks at you. Did you know Taecyeon was his muse before?” Yoona saw Jessica looking up at her. “Yeah, weird but Junsu oppa did write some music about Taecyeon. Taec stopped being Junsu’s muse for quite some time, but he still keeps him around, because he loves his friend. Junsu oppa is not the kind of person who will ditch someone just because he’s done with them, he’s already in too deep to do that. So stop worrying, you’ll be fine.”

Jessica smiled, somehow much more confident. “Thank you.”

“Now, help me find a good place to hang out with crazy girl,” Yoona pulled her up.

“Um, sorry but... I guess I need to...” Jessica hoped Yoona would understand.

“Oh, yeah. Okay. Go get him!” Yoona said. She looked over and sees Jessica taking her purse and quickly wore her shoes. She needs to tell him her own feelings. But she stopped when she opened the door. Someone else stood there, actually were about to knock.

It was Hyori.

-

Taecyeon huffed looking at his bleeding arm. It was just a scratch as Leeteuk missed his mark. Leeteuk were beside Taecyeon, looking down and silently cried. Taecyeon slowly pat his back. “You’re not a killer, Leeteuk. You can love someone so much, but you’re not a killer.”

Slowly, Leeteuk started to feel pain all over his body and cried loudly, yelling as hard as he could. Taecyeon could only hear his cries. Even if Leeteuk did a couple of minutes ago tried to kill him, he couldn’t blame him. He was a desperate man, like Taecyeon was years ago.

Taecyeon looked around, and the crept of Junsu’s photos were everywhere. And he sees it, the teenager Junsu who looked like a kid who wouldn’t even broke a smile to the adult Junsu, smiling so freely. Hyori had loved Junsu who will do anything for her, but the old Junsu didn’t love her, he just didn’t know where to go. Should he feel guilty ruining Junsu for Hyori. No. He was glad he changed Junsu for a better person, just like Junsu did to him. They helped each other. Hyori is not going to win. She messed Leeteuk’s head, she’s trying to get rid of him, she’s not going to get that.

“I.. I guess, I’ll lose Yoona forever now won’t I?” Leeteuk asked. Looking down in sorrow. Taecyeon looked at him.

“No. I got this scratch because I fall off somewhere while we were drunk and pouring our hearts out,” Taecyeon looked at him. “Got that?”

Leeteuk could only bow with his forehead on the ground, crying even more. “Thank you.”

“Yah, Leeteuk. But you have to help me,” Taecyeon pulled Leeteuk up. “You need to help me fight Hyori off.”

-

“Oh sorry. I’m sure this was the right number. The young girl gave me this address,” Hyori smiled sweetly. Jessica could only look at the stranger, or rather just someone she recognizes but didn’t really know. She recognizes Hyori as she saw Junsu talking to Hyori a few times. Junsu was pretty friendly with her, but everytime he came back, he said she was just a really good friend. “I am looking for Sunny-sshi.”

“Oh, she’s out for work,” Yoona quickly come up behind Jessica. She looked at Hyori, thought she knew her from somewhere.

“Oh, I guess I’ll meet her at another time then,” Hyori bowed before she left. She looked up and sees Jessica and Yoona. “Well, things just got a little more interesting. Thank you Suzy-sshi.”

-

A couple were walking down a street, seemingly, or rather   very, very lost. They weren’t foreigners, that is for sure. But surely they weren’t from around either as they looked out for the right road.

“Wooyoung! I told you we should just keep left then right then another right!” a girl yelled at the guy.

“Ah, keep quiet Ahjumma. I know I got this right,” the guy named Wooyoung looked at his map which is slightly torn.

“I am not Ahjumma! Taeyeon. Taeyeon,” the girl named Taeyeon hit him.

They walked another 50 meters and Wooyoung stopped. “Here we are.” They stopped in front of a cemetery. “Seulong hyung should be here, resting.”

“Um,” Taeyeon nodded as they head inside, finding the grave they meant to visit. It didn’t took long because they see someone they knew. “Sunny! Suzy!”

Sunny who stood beside Suzy looked back and smiled. In front of her was the empty grave of Ong Seulong, her deceased boyfriend and Bae Suzy’s half brother.

To Be Continued

-

Yeah, s got hell load of nastier. I know, everyone suddenly knows everyone, but its even more fun that way. Or is it? Anyway, the sudden mention of Junho will play a big role in several next chapters. At least in Jessica’s life >SPOILER ALERT.

Hope you guys like it. Next will be Sunye and Yoona’s day out, and probably more Taecyoon and Taecyeon keeping this small little secret from Yoona. And for Eunjung fans, she’s still here.

Cheers!