A small world

The Green Pendant

Taecyeon sighed as he finally got back to his apartment. He had to spend the night at Eunjung’s, and doing everything he can not to let Eunjung strip herself in front of him. He realized that while he may have told Junsu that Hyori is one crazy , Junsu too had told him a million times that Eunjung is mentally unstable. Guess he and Junsu really is the same person.

Taecyeon laid down on the couch and reached for his phone. He sees a long list of missed calls from Junsu, two from Yoona and 5 texts. The first three was Junsu’s, “Man, where r u?” “r you dead?” “Dude! Pick up the damn phone!” He must have been gone for quite awhile. Junsu’s personality is to make things calmer so the fact that Yoona only called him twice means Junsu had told her something.

One was from Bae Suzy. He ignored that one.

The next was from Yoona, and he was a bit surprised with the context. “Oppa, are you having a hard day at work? Junsu-oppa said you had to go run errands for Jay-oppa. Fighting! Oh, and I baked a cake. Sunny-unni said it’s actually edible. So after your long day, come by tomorrow. I miss you already. <3” Taecyeon smiled a bit looking at the text. He felt really bad that Junsu had to lie for him. Taecyeon remembered promising Eunjung that she’s the one, and there was no one else. Of course it was a fabricated promise, but he needed to do something to get Eunjung off this mess. He sees Eunjung as the lonely person he was so it wouldn’t be fair for her to lose her life for him.

But then there is Yoona, his girlfriend. Who he swears he’s falling in love with. How long can he lie to her? How long would Yoona be suppressed from the truth? This isn’t a relationship if he had to lie. Taecyeon sighed loudly just thinking about it.

He heard Junsu’s fast steps to the living room. “Yah! Where have you been!” Junsu’s loud voice was heard.

“I just got in,” Taecyeon closed his eyes.

“I didn’t ask if you just got in, you !” Junsu swatted Taecyeon’s head. “I’m asking you where have you been!”

“I was with Eunjung,” he said, rubbing his head. “You were right, she needs psychiatric help.”

“Wait, what? You were with cray-cray Eunjung? Why?! You have a girlfriend!”Junsu was shocked.

“That girl tried to kill herself,” Taecyeon said quietly.

“But that doesn’t mean you have to… Oh,” Junsu finally understood. “Oh, she did?”

“Yes. I stopped her just in time,” Taecyeon rubbed his head. “I’m not letting her commit suicide even if she does annoy the hell out of me right now. She tried to sleep with me all night.”

“What exactly did you say to her before she started to strip?” Junsu asked.

“Well… I kind of said that there is only one girl in my life,” Taecyeon answered, getting up to sit on the couch. “Technically, now, there is only one girl in my life, but I said it was her, Eunjung.”

“Wow. ,” Junsu sat beside him. “Real .”

“I know, ,” Taecyeon looked down.

“Why now though?” Junsu reasoned. Taecyeon looked at his friend, confused. “You kind of rejected her much worse than this before, and she is the type that never really back down on anything. Like super duper obsessed crazy. If she really would kill herself, I’m pretty sure she would kidnap and kill you first before killing herself.”

Then it hits Taecyeon that he panicked before he even thinks straight. When Hyori told him about Eunjung trying to kill herself, he immediately went to Eunjung’s house and there was Eunjung ready to kill herself. Something is wrong. Everything was somehow… timed. He realized, he was tricked badly by Hyori. But that just means Hyori wanted him to know, that she controls Eunjung now. Eunjung can’t act for her life, so Taecyeon believe Hyori did manipulate her to kill herself right there at that time. Hyori can make Eunjung do whatever she asks. Taecyeon rubbed his face and sighed loudly. “Aaah!” He swore he would kill Hyori if he could.

“Cheer up, Taeckie. I’m sure we could figure something out,” Junsu nudged Taecyeon on his arm and Taecyeon cringed due to the pain. “What’s wrong?”

“Nothing, just…” then he realized that the cut from before was still healing. But the nudge actually opened a small wound that the blood suddenly dripped a bit to his shirt.

“Yah, your arm…” Junsu tried to look at it but Taecyeon stood up.

“It’s fine. I got hurt yesterday at the bar. It is just a scratch,” Taecyeon assured him. Junsu need not to know anything for now. He wouldn’t believe it either way. “Yah Minjunnie, it’s okay.”

“Yah man! If you need me I’m here okay. I’m always here,” Junsu assured him. “You are my best friend, and I am yours.”

Which was why Taecyeon couldn’t tell him the truth. It would have been too much for Junsu. Hyori saved him long before Taecyeon came by. Hyori was there for Junsu just like Junsu was there for him. He would know how Junsu is too grateful to Hyori to even misunderstand a fly about her.

“I know man,” was all Taecyeon could say.

“Yah, there is herbal medicine Suzy brought in. Eat some of that,” Junsu stretched his arms. Taecyeon could only look at him. “Come on Taeckie, if a really cute girl like Suzy gives you Jujube Tea, you take it.”

“I don’t have a cold,” Taecyeon meekly said.  “What does she wants from me anyway? It’s not like I can give that girl her brother back.”

“Well, forgiveness,” Junsu said.

“She wasn’t the one driving drunk,” Taecyeon looked down.

“And you weren’t at fault for Chaerim’s death,” Junsu said. “Think about it. She wants her brother’s peace on earth. Give it to her will ya?”

Taecyeon looked down. He looked at his phone and slid it onto Suzy’s message. He sighed. Maybe Junsu got a point. Whatever, he needed to see someone first.

-

Yoona was happily cleaning her desk as she just received a text from Taecyeon saying that he wanted to have lunch together. Yoona was worried yesterday when Taecyeon was nowhere to be found, but Junsu said he was working hard. Yoona smiled. Taecyeon wasn’t that much of a hard worker but he always get everything done. It was something she always liked about him.

“Yoona-ssi?” she heard Leeteuk calling her. “Going for lunch?”

“Yes,” it was weird that all of the sudden Leeteuk was more formal with her. It was as if something happened to him.

“With Taecyeon?” Leeteuk asked, hiding away his own pain.

“Ah, yes,” Yoona politely answered.

“Well, have fun,” Leeteuk said and he was about to leave when he stopped and looked back at her. “By the way, tell him we need to hang out again someday.”

“Oh, yes,” something is different. Unlike her and Sunye’s failed outing, it seemed like Taecyeon and Leeteuk’s outing worked. “Oppa, I’m glad you get along well.”

Leeteuk smiled. “Well, he’s not that bad.”

Yoona left the building smiling. At least one thing in her life was right.

She entered a coffee shop and sees that Taecyeon haven’t arrived. So she took a seat near the window, if Taecyeon came by she should see him. Yoona was fluttering with happiness that she can’t stop smiling. A month ago she was blushing when she sees Seunggi at her college, but nowadays she always only bow politely to him and left. Maybe this is what people do when they are in a relationship, they don’t other people, they just see their partner. Yoona blushed. Since when is she like a love bug.

Then she sees him walking down the street, and she was smiling looking at how handsome he had been. Before he was this goofy child but now he had grown into a man. Suddenly she wondered how he would look like without clothes. Yoona snapped and blushed like a fool. Why is she suddenly thinking about such things? She shook her head furiously so her red face would calm down.

“Hey,” Taecyeon greeted. “You okay? You seemed a little flushed.”

“I’m okay. I just.. You know…” she stuttered. “Um, let’s see what we have here, okay?”

They took the menu and as always, Taecyeon being the big eater took a large portion of beef steak while Yoona ate a smaller portion of chicken .

“Yah, eat a lot more than that, you’re too skinny,” Taecyeon complained.

“Oppa, not everyone could eat like a pig and still be in shape,” and there it was again, the picture of him came to her mind. What is wrong with her? She looked at the menu again.

“Would that be all?” the waitress asked. Taecyeon smiled and nodded while Yoona could only look down when the waitress took the menu before her. Then she sees the waitress smiling flirtatiously at Taecyeon, her boyfriend. Her eyes followed the waitress who met up with another waitress. Whispers of ‘Omo, he’s so good looking’, ‘What is he even doing with someone like her’, ‘You see how he smiled at me, so charming!’

Yoona looked at Taecyeon who was looking out of the window. He is very good looking and his smile melts her everytime. Well too bad for them, Taecyeon is her guy.

 “Yoona?” she heard her name being called by Taecyeon. “You’re staring too much.”

“Ah, sorry! I…” she was flustered yet again and looked down. Suddenly Taecyeon took her hand and she had to look at him in the eyes.

“I didn’t tell you stop doing it, did I?” Taecyeon smiled. She couldn’t help but chuckle.

“Yah, oppa. Stop being so confident,” Yoona laughed.

“What is wrong with being confident?” Taecyeon complained.

“Well, it lowers your charming self,” Yoona leaned in when Taecyeon did.

“Oh, you think I’m charming?” Taecyeon teased and Yoona punched his shoulder. “Yah, you’re my girlfriend. Can I at least see a little aegyo rather than this.”

“I hate aegyo,” Yoona gave a merong.

Taecyeon smiled. Yoona is cute and has a lot of aegyo. He loved her, he knows that now. But he has to be fair, before he could say it, he needs to tell her the truth.

“Yoona, yesterday, Minjunnie told you that I was running errands for Jay right?” Taecyeon started and Yoona nodded, confused on where this is going. “I wasn’t.”

“Eh?”

“I was with Eunjung,” and then it crashed.

-

Jessica looked down at the blank paper in front of her. She was supposed to do her reports but the sudden meeting with Junho still startled her. The guy who had professed his love to her came back after a year and a half.

“I came back for an answer. You never really gave one before.”

“Aigoo,” Jessica sighed. Junho was her friend since she enrolled in a Korean High School. He was the only one kind enough to teach her about Korea and not look at her like she’s some dumb Korean who couldn’t even speak. Junho always tells her that he likes her. She meant to reject him but Junho is much of a sweetheart that hurting his feelings would tore her down. Junho had helped her much through out before. It was because Junho she got this job and it was because of Junho Jessica actually speaks good Korean now. She thought when Junho dated Yuri, he was over her. But turns out Junho was still all about her.

Jessica buried her face on the table. “What should I do?”

“Jung Soo Yeon ssi?” she heard someone calling her by her Korean name and she looked up to see Minjun smiling at her. It was contagious that she smiled back.

“Minjun oppa. What are you doing here?” Soo Yeon asked watching Minjun pulling a chair beside her.

“I missed you,” Minjun smiled. Soo Yeon blushed. One thing Minjun was good at is he knows what makes women flutter. “And I also have an appointment with Park Jin Young-ssi. That guy is really something.”

“Oh, president-nim?” she was surprised.

“He likes my songs,” Minjun smiled.

“Oppa! That’s great!” Soo Yeon cheered.

“Soo Yeon,” Minjun looked straight into her eyes, a little too close. “I want my songs to be sing by you. All of it.”

“Eh?”

“Honestly, I can’t see myself writing for anyone but you. Honestly I’m a little bit obsessed of your voice, but I am also somehow liking you a little too much,” Minjun said honestly. Soo Yeon’s heart flutters.  In front of her was a guy she only sees as a friend at first but slowly falling deeply for him. It was something Junho wasn’t. A friend and a lover at the same time. “Soo Yeon, you should say something.”

She realized that she stayed silent. And then she blurted out, “Oppa, can’t you find a place a little bit more romantic than my own office.”

Minjun burst into laughter and could only smile at Soo Yeon. “Yah, oppa is taking all his courage here, and all you can say is finding a more romantic place?”

Soo Yeon smiled brightly. “I don’t know about the singing…”

“Just the demo would be fine,” Minjun said. “I want you to be the first person to hear it, to sing it.”

Soo Yeon smiled. “I am not sure about that,” she said and she sees Minjun looking down. “But I am pretty sure I also like you a little too much.”

Minjun looked up and smiled. He immediately hugged her and Soo Yeon wanted to hug back but they are in her office so she had to protest. “Yah, oppa. This is an office.”

“It’s okay, everyone is off for lunch,” Minjun didn’t let her go even if she did protest.

What they didn’t know is a man stood there watching them, getting his heart all broken. Junho quietly left the building, sincerely with no emotions but a sad one.

-

“You were with Eunjung?” Yoona asked, and she somehow felt sick. She knew who Eunjung is, the girl that Taecyeon slept with for awhile before they were in a relationship.

“Yoona, before you think of anything, I did not do anything with her,” Taecyeon said. “I was there because she tried to kill herself.”

Then her sickness became a worry. Because that was Yoona, she worries about everyone, even if the other girl was a past girlfriend. “Is she okay?”

Taecyeon smiled. “That is what I like about you, even back then. You never stop caring about others.”

Yoona looked down and she looked up again. “Is she okay?”

“She was fine. I stopped her in time. But I had to stay overnight just in case he goes crazy again,” Taecyeon said and he sees Yoona looking down. He took her hand. “Trust me. Nothing happened.”

“Oppa, wouldn’t leaving Eunjung like that makes it dangerous for her?” Yoona asked.

“That is actually the hard part,” Taecyeon looked down. “I kind of told her she’s the only one in my life right now.”

Without notice Yoona smacked Taecyeon’s head with his bag.

“Yah, oppa! She almost killed herself because you are in a relationship! You’d think she won’t do it again if she knew you were lying?” Yoona was mad.

“I panicked alright! I didn’t know what else to do,” honestly, Taecyeon would have thought Yoona would be sad but all there is in Yoona right now is worry about Eunjung.

“Yah oppa! Really! If she sees us together right now by chance, she could just have a cab run over her!” Yoona wanted to hit Taecyeon again. How can men be so stupid.

“Oh there is another thing,” Taecyeon remembered. Yoona’s patience is almost gone. “She thinks Jessica is my girlfriend, not you.”

“What?” Yoona was surprised.

“Eunjung saw me with Jessica and she thought my girlfriend was Jessica. Plus someone else might have implied that,” Taecyeon said.

“Who?”

“Remember that noona, Hyori?” Taecyeon said and Yoona remembered her as Junsu’s friend. “Well, she’s crazy and apparently I took Junsu away from her.”

“What?” Yoona was very confused so Taecyeon explained everything to her. From the past till now. Who Hyori is and how her relationship with Junsu started.

“Junsu was living with his uncle after his family caught an accident and honestly that uncle wasn’t the best uncle in the world. His uncle basically hits him with the baseball every single day. Junsu lost all his emotions when he was 12,” Taecyeon looked down at his hands, wondering about himself. “Hyori noona took notice when Junsu was wandering around Kangnam Station with a couple of friends. He was 15. She took him in, working under a male ion bar. Junsu had no emotions and he pleased clients well, but after awhile, noona made sure Junsu only work beside her handling the club rather than being with other women. Junsu still has his cold exterior by then and he only obeyed orders, though deep inside he was glad he was out of his uncle’s home.”

“This Hyori, did she?” Yoona asked.

“She fell for Junsu. To be more specific, that cold Junsu,” Taecyeon said. “Someone like I was back then.”

Yoona was sad hearing that.

“Hyori noona, she basically tried to keep Junsu in that state, in that darkness because it was the Junsu se fell for. But I guess fate was sealed, I met Junsu in Jay’s club. Two very stubborn and emotionless men meets,” Taecyeon smiled remembering that day. “Junsu was looking for a place to stay and it turns out I couldn’t really pay the rent myself anymore. So that is how we became housemates. It was weird at first, we were really awkward. I don’t know how it happened, but suddenly I felt like I could only open up to him, like he opens up to me. We became really close and somehow, I trusted him more than anyone else.”

Yoona remembered how Junsu said before that they fixed each other, they pulled each other out of each other’s darkness.

“Hyori noona told me that she didn’t like any of it,” Taecyeon remembered. “She felt like I was taking Junsu away from her. Which is why she deliberately manipulated Lee… I mean Eunjung. She showed that she can control Eunjung now and it will all be my fault for it. Until I give Junsu back to her, she won’t stop.” There was no benefit to tell Yoona about what happens with Leeteuk. Even If Leeteuk is annoying, Yoona still regarded him as a friend. Taecyeon would never change that.

“Oppa, what are you going to do?” Yoona asked.

“Eunjung may not know you but Hyori noona does. I’m afraid she might even plan something on you,” Taecyeon looked down. “Yoona, I’m sorry, but by telling you everything I am dragging you down with my problems. I would never lose Junsu as my friend nor am I going to risk your life. I even thought that maybe we should break up because I might be danger to you. Then a thought came to mind.”

“What?”

“I don’t know when but I felt like I could never leave without you. I don’t want to be separated again. It would be a pain too much to handle,” Taecyeon said and suddenly he bowed down. “I’m sorry for being selfish. I’m sorry for dragging you down on this.”

Yoona smiled. Before Taecyeon would never let her in, but now, he was sharing everything, and she was glad. He opens up only to Junsu before but now he opens up to her too.

“I’m glad you tell me this,” Yoona said. “It means I’m in your life now.”

Taecyeon smiled.

“Oppa, we’ll figure something out, okay,” and somehow, Yoona’s reassurance comforted him more than alcohol could. This could mean he is addicted to her now.

-

Junsu took Jessica to the park where they have a walk. Jessica was the quiet type but she always laughed at Junsu’s sudden satoori. “Oppa’s satoori is really funny!”

“Yah Soo Yeon, satoori is not even funny!” Junsu complained. Without notice he took Jessica’s hand and they walked hand in hand. “I like you Soo Yeon.”

Jessica smiled. “I like you too, Minjun oppa.”

They were in perfect serene silence when Jessica was suddenly curious of something. “Oppa, you are a good singer. Why don’t you sing your own songs?”

Junsu sighed and looked down. “Truthfully I don’t think my face can sell.”

“Why? Oppa is quite handsome,” Jessica said. Junsu could only smile. It wasn’t that. His old female clients would definitely remember him if he suddenly shows up on tv. Nobody could sell him if his image is already tarnished before he even started. He had thought about this for awhile, and it is the same reason he quit his days as a trainee. It would be no use if he only tarnish the company’s image in taking in a male e.

“I don’t have confidence on stage,” Junsu lied. He actually do want to be on stage, he liked entertaining people.

“Oppa, my mum always said, if you have a dream, go grab it,” Jessica smiled. “So don’t worry, people will love you.”

Junsu smiled as he squeezed Jessica’s hand.

“Kim Junsu ssi?” they heard a women calling him. Junsu sighed when he sees Hyori behind them. “I thought that was you. Walking along with a girl I see?”

“I actually wanted to tell Taecyeon first but since you’re here…” Junsu pulled Jessica close to him. “This is my girlfriend, Jessica.”

“Jessica,” Hyori noted. “Have we met before?”

“I don’t…” then she remembered Hyori coming to her house once. “Ah you were looking for Sunny the day before right?”

“I certainly did,” Hyori smiled and suddenly Junsu felt a bit off. He knew Hyori and he knew that smile. She is up to something. “Anyway, Junsu ssi, DSP is still nagging me to recruit you.”

“Thanks but I’ll pass. I am working as a composer now with Park Jin Young,” Junsu said. “You don’t know him, he’s kind of new in the business.”

“Junsu, I have told you. If you enter DSP I myself would make sure no one touches you,” Hyori knew about his concerns.

“No thanks,” Junsu smiled. “It was nice to talk to you noona, but I have to go. Jessica’s lunch hour is almost over.”

Then they left, with a nagging feeling bugging Junsu. Maybe Taecyeon was right, bringing Hyori in his life might be the wrong thing to do.

-

Taecyeon sent Yoona back and he immediately finds Leeteuk in Jay’s bar.

“What do you got?” Taecyeon asked.

“Nothing much,” Leeteuk said as he took a file out. “I stole these from her office. It’s the only thing in her safety box.”

“Don’t you think she’ll find out if its gone?” Taecyeon asked.

“I copied everything and put back the original,” Leeteuk said. “It was weird, there was really so much about you in here. I thought there would be more about Junsu.”

“She wants me dead and Junsu alive. Of course there would be more about me,” Taecyeon looked at the files. He was shocked. There she was, a picture of Chaerim in the newspaper, when the accident happened.

“That was your daughter right?” Leeteuk asked and Taecyeon nodded. “Hyori asked me to take this file to Yoona once. I knew after that it wasn’t the full file she gave me.”

“I bet she did that on purpose just to make a turmoil between me and Yoona,” Taecyeon checked again and he sees the man that had drove drunkenly, Im Seulong. He sighed. He haven’t really decided if he could forgive the guy but maybe it is time to move on. Maybe Bae Suzy really deserved that forgiveness she seeks for her brother. He read the article again and suddenly something caught his eye.

“Seulong Im, a student in NYU left his family that resided in Korea and a fiancée, Soonkyu Lee or also known as Sunny.”

“Yah, what is Sunny’s real name?” Taecyeon asked. It couldn’t be. The world can’t be that small.

“Eh, who?” Leeteuk was confused.

“Sunny, Yoona’s housemate,” Taecyeon asked again. “What is her real name?”

“Eh, um if I’m not mistaken, it is Lee Soonkyu,” Leeteuk answered.

“Good grief,” Taecyeon rubbed his face. Hyori knew this much, even the information he didn’t have. He looked back at the files and even Bae Suzy is there. Taecyeon was dumbfounded.

“Taecyeonie,” he looked behind him and he sees Junsu looking at him with a frown. “I think Hyori noona is up to something.”

Taecyeon was somehow relieved. Finally his friend caught some sense in him.

To be continued

Note that whenever Kim Junsu and Jung Jessica are interacting alone, I will use their name as Min Jun and Soo Yeon. Just because I like it. <3

I just realized that this fic was a Taecyoon fic but somehow it became an Okkay bromance fic.