She loves him too

The Green Pendant

 

Taecyeon sat at the dining table, eating his cereal while watching closely on Junsu who is writing a new song in front of him. Junsu hum the song a bit and kept writing, while Taecyeon just kept on watching. Just 3 days ago a lady who is super obsessed with Junsu attempted to kill Taecyeon, or attempted to project a guy to kill him. Taecyeon ate his cereal quietly but still watching Junsu.

After awhile, it gets uncomfortable and Junsu looked up. “Dude, what?”

“What?” Taecyeon asked back.

“You kept looking at me with that stare. Its not really comfortable,” Junsu said.

“Sorry, I’ll look away,” Taecyeon said looking away. Junsu got back to his writing. “So um, how is Jessica?”

Junsu looked up and smirked. “Okay, I know what this is.” Taecyeon looked at Junsu. Is he that readable to his friend? “Yoona sent you for this did she. The whole best friend asking her boyfriend to take up some info.”

“Well...” maybe Taecyeon should go with that lie.

“Don’t worry. I’m still waiting for the girl. I’m always a gentleman,” Junsu said.

“Yeah,” Taecyeon said. “Um, so you stopped meeting Hyori nuna now?” It was a question, not a remark.

“Yeah. Nuna and I are friends, as always. But we threw the benefit thing away for now,” Junsu smiled looking down.

Taecyeon couldn’t help it, he needs to tell Junsu.

“Hey, um, I don’t know but maybe you shouldn’t be friends with her,” Taecyeon said and Junsu could only look up in confusion. “Hyori, she’s dangerous. I mean I hear what she can do to...”

“Come one Taec, don’t judge her because she sleeps with a few men. I thought you knew better that she took me in when I had nothing. I owe my life to her,” Junsu said.

Taecyeon sighed. “Yeah, you’re right. Sorry.” Taecyeon continued eating his cereal. He knew talking to Junsu would be pointless. There was a point in Junsu’s life where he only had Hyori by his side. Hyori took care the teenage Junsu, shaped him to be the man he is now. But Taecyeon prided himself that he brings Junsu out of the darkness, and he just knew when Leeteuk tried to stab him that Hyori hated him for that. Hyori is the darkness and he needs Junsu in it, not out of it.

Taecyeon needs a strategy to keep himself alive and keep Junsu off Hyori. He knows that Hyori is trying to mess everything, and he needs to do it quic, or else, he might lose his war and worse, losing his friend.

“Oh yeah, Taec. Yoona told me how you forced her to hang out with Sunye,” Junsu said and Taecyeon could only nod. “Are you out of your mind. Sunye could kill her.”

Well, you could kill me if you keep hanging out with Hyori. “Don’t worry. I know Sunye, she won’t do anything drastic. Plus Yubin....” then it hits Taecyeon, this must be the case for Junsu too, he trusted Hyori, he knew she won’t do anything crazy. All Taecyeon needed to do is prove that Hyori is in fact crazy.

“Yubin?” Junsu asked.

“Oh yeah, Yubin is escorting them. It should be fine. Yoona liked Yubin and vice versa,” Taecyeon secretly planning in his head on how to prove Hyori’s crayness.

“Isn’t it a tad weird that your ex and your current girlfriend are so nice to each other. Maybe behind you they pull each other’s hair out,” Junsu joked.

Well, your older friend with benefit nuna actually manipulated a guy to kill me behind your back.

“Well, it isn’t as weird as you trying to woo the girl that were head over heels on me before,” Taecyeon smirked while Junsu just laughed. “She’s perfect for you though.”

Junsu looks at him. “I don’t know how you knew.”

“Knew what?” Taecyeon looked at Junsu.

“That I would like girls like Jessica.”

“Well,” Taecyeon think back at the first time he really got to know Jessica. “I don’t think you’ll like girls like Jessica, I think I just knew you would like Jessica. Its a hunch.”

“Well, its a damn good hunch,” Junsu said as he took Taecyeon’s bowl and ate the cereal. Taecyeon could only look at Junsu, and he realized that maybe Junsu wasn’t clueless, but he was just that grateful to Hyori that he would never ever question her. That was Junsu’s personality.

Taecyeon sighed again. He need to figure out something.

-

Yoona sighed as he waited at the station for the outing she had planned with Sunye and Yubin. She was excited to get to know Yubin since she was this realy cool girl who are really nice and really supportive on her relationship with Taecyeon. Sunye on the oher hand never stopped saying how Yoona would never be good enough for Taecyeon.

She remembered the first time she sees Sunye, so vulnerable as she just lost her father. But now all her walls are up and she would never let Yoona see through. Yoona thinks the outing will be pointless. Nothing will change.

“Yoona,” she heard a voice behind her and she sees Yubin waving at her, smiling brightly. Yoona could never get over how beautiful Yubin is. Sometimes she even got a little bit insecure that Yubin can easilly take Taecyeon back at any day. But Yubin always laugh at that, she said Taecyeon is a very important friend now, they tried for more but it didn’t work so they stayed what they knew would work.

Then Yoona saw the bored looking Sunye behind Yubin. It was obvious she was dragged. Yoona sighed for the hundredth time today, lets do this.

The she received a text from Taecyeon. “Fighting!” It was simple, but it made her smile.

“Wow, oppa texting. So immature,” Sunye commented while rolling her eyes.

“Stop being a kid Sunye,” Yubin pulled Yoona’s arm. “Come on, lets see what Seoul have for us today. I haven’t been here forever.” Yoona appreciated Yubin’s gestures. At least she’s making it easier for the three of them.

They went to Apgujeong and went to a few fashion shops. Of course, Sunye roam around alone while Yubin and Yoona tried on clothes together, like girlfriends do. Yoona thought the day went better than she thought, then again she didn’t interact much with Sunye which is totally aganst Taecyeon’s wishes. She felt bad because it seems like Taecyeon and Leeteuk really did sort it out. Although it still boggles her mind on Taecyeon’s cut on his arm, he assured her it was because he lost his balance and scratched himself.

Yubin was in the dressing room trying on clothes and Yoona looked up to search for Sunye. There she was looking at a rack of white dresses. Yoona gathered all her confidence. Well, here goes nothing. Yoona walked over to Sunye, and tried to make a conversation. “You like white?” Its a stupid start but its a start anyway.

“Yes. On you too,” Sunye took a dress and tried it on Yoona. “Especially if there are blood dripping all over you. Kind of vampire esque don’t you think?”

“Um,” Yoona was dumbfounded. She turned around to leave because its obvious Sunye didn’t want Yoona in her spac, though she needed to say something. “I know you don’t like me...”

“That’s an understatement...”

“But really, can we just, I don’t know, try...” Yoona said. “Try and be friends.”

“Well, to be friends, I have to like you first. I don’t see that happening,” Sunye faked her smile and turned to the clothes.

“I don’t understand. Yubin who is Taecyeon’s legit ex accepted me fine. You’re...” Yoona didn’t want to say this but she had to. “You’re just the friend.”

“And you’re just the girlfriend of my friend that I don’t need to like,” Sunye smiled to her. “You can stop trying. I actually dislike you lesser when you’re honest.”

Sunye turned around and walked off.

“Where are you going?” Yoona asked.

“Tell Yubin I’m off to get some food,” Sunye walked off and Yoona couldn’t believe this. That girl won’t acceot anything from her, not even a white flag. Why would Taecyeon even bother asking her, Sunye would never ever like her. But something was off, why would Sunye feel this hatred towards her, it doesn’t make sense. She should be happy at least for Taecyeon, but it seems that it became a burden to them.

So Yoona run to catch up to Sunye, who was entering the lift. “Wait up.” She entered the lift with Sunye. “We really need to talk.”

“About what really?” Sunye was getting pissed.

“Why this hatred really? Why do you hate me so much?” Yoona needed to know.

“Can’t I?” Sunye simply asked.

“You can. I just wanted to know why?” Yoona said.

Sunye kept her silence. The floor she’s heading is next so she can just jump out and leave Yoona and her her questions. But that didn’t happen, when the lift suddenly stopped and the lights were off.

“Crap, no,” Sunye pressed the buttons but none of it were responding. “Why does happens to me.”

“Press the intercom,” Yoona alert her and she did.

“Hello?” Sunye asked. There was an answer from maintenance. “Yeah we’re stuck here in this lift, it suddenly stopped before going to the 3rd floor.” Then they were asked to wait for help.

Sunye sighed, the last thing she wanted is to get stuck with Yoona. They sat down and heat gets to them as they sweated a little. Yoona took a water bottle from her bag and drank a bit. She hand it over to Sunye, and the girl could only look. “I just drank it, prove there is no poison in it.” Sunye smirked and took the bottle, muttering a small ‘Thanks’.

They stayed in silence and Yoona knew Sunye should be the one to speak up first since Yoona had asked all her questions. But it felt like Sunye didn’t care for any of it.

Though she was wrong as she heard Sunye suddenly laughed and looked at Yoona. “I don’t hate you, trust me.”

“Well, you seem to really dislike me,” Yoona pointed out.

“I need to do it. Someone should,” Sunye looked down.

“What do you mean?”

“If you for one second think Yubin was okay with you, you are dead wrong,” Sunye said. Yoona looked up to Sunye as she was confused. Yubin was everything a nice person should be. “Yubin is someone who would keep her heart behind blocks of walls, no one really knew what she’s thinking. She won’t admit that she is jealous, that she is a bit hateful for the new relationship. It still hurts a bit no matter what. Though Yubin never show her jealousy, nor her anger.”

Yoona could only look at Sunye. The new information scares her a bit.

“Someone needed to act for Yubin, and I decided I should do it,” Sunye smiled a bit. “She would never hate you, so I hated you for her.”

“You really love her don’t you?” Yoona said.

“I do. She’s my best friend, and if she can’t express, I think it should be my job to at least show her what it looked like.”

Yoona looked at her own hands. She was mind blogged with everthing that has been explained to her.

“They are never getting back together though,” Sunye suddenly added. “If anything, they were bound to separate whether or not Chaerim is still alive. Its weird, I believed that there were bits and pieces that can keep them together but it feels like they know something that we don’t. And it is even more impossible that you are around now.”

“What?”

“He really likes you. If there is one thing I know spending so much time with Taecyeon, I know when he genuinely likes a girl,” Sunye smiled, somehow a bit sad. “He looks at you like you are very rare diamond or something.”

Suddenly the lift moved again, and the lights are on. Sunye stood up looking at Yoona. “Trust me, you’d rather want be this way rather Yubin. That would be more awkward.”

Sunye sees Yubin behind the lift and smiled brightly. Yoona looked at them, somehow something bothered her.

-

Taecyeon sighed and walked into a bar, specifically Hyori’s. It was one of her success, the Kara bar. It was a burlesque place at night, and men loves bo peep. He looked around, and there is the queen, so engulfed to the papers in front of her. At least she does real work when she’s not working to get Junsu.

“Hey, nuna,” Taecyeon pulled the chair in front of her. Hyori looked up, and could only chuckle. She took off her glasses and looks at him. “How are you?”

“Fine. The real question is what are you, the great Ok Taecyeon doing here?” Hyori said.

“Well, I want to tell you a story,” Taecyeon said and Hyori tilted her head. “About how this one guy nearly stabbed me to death.”

“I see, I’ve heard myself,” Hyori lighted a ciggarette. “Too bad you survived.”

“I don’t get it,” Taecyeon said.

“I love Junsu. What’s not to get? And you’re in the way,” Hyori said.

“I get that, but I don’t get the method,” Taecyeon looked straight at her. “You could just, I don’t know, get me girlfriend to keep me busy or something.”

“You don’t get anything. Junsu used to be mine, all mine. His world was only shared with me. Then you walk into it and suddenly, he ditched me,” Hyori said.

“You know he didn’t. He’s still there.”

“Not every part of it. And as you know, I am a greedy woman. I want everything. Everything of Junsu, but since you came into his life, he broke it up like he needed something more. He only needed me before, but now he’s attached to you, attached to this life outside,” Hyori leaned over the table. “I don’t like it. I don’t like this type of Junsu.”

“You can’t change him back into the darkness, nuna,” Taecyeon firmly said.

“I can and I will. I wanted to start with you but seems like Leeteuk didn’t have the balls to do it,” Hyori said, looking at her nail polish. “Though one thing interest me, that crazy girl, Eunjung, who is so crazy about you, the girl you used.”

“What did you do to her?” Taecyeon felt alert.

“Well, she misunderstood Jessica as your new product of affection, but don’t worry, I cleared that up,” Hyori smiled.

“What did you do?”

“I told her where she live. And honestly, young Im Yoona is there too right? Eunjung-ssi can get creative, I mean obviously she can get it clear there as well and maybe...”

Taecyeon grabbed Hyori’s arm roughly. “You ! Don’t you dare touch her!”

“I’m not. I’m here. And you’re here. Means that little Im Yoona is baring her flesh and blood for Eunjung,” Hyori said.

Taecyeon let her go and ran towards the exit before Hyori called for him.

“Just for your info, I also tell her that the other way was to pull the trigger on her own head,” Hyori smirked as he sees the horror in Taecyeon’s eyes. “So who would you go to Taec? If you knew Eunjung enough, you’d know where she’d go, but really, you never did. How is that for guilt and confusion?”

-

Eunjung stood in silence, her hand shivering holding a cloth, hidden inside was a gun.

“The only way to end this misery is to pull the trigger. On her. Or on you,” Hyori gave her the gun. “Whichever your choice is, I assure you, its the right one.”

Eunjung held the gun, trembling. She couldn’t bear it anymore. Its that girl. The pain was too much. It’s time to end this.

-

Yoona sighed as she walked back up to her apartment while Sunye and Yubin chatted behind her. She had offered them dinner in her house, and since all her roomates were out, she had to cook all by herself. She knows she can’t cook, and this will be a disaster.

She looked behind her and sees Sunye smiling brightly around Yubin. She looked down, all those things Sunye said to her was bothering her. It seems like she’s hurting someone. And she hates giving more pain to this person.

“Welcome,” she quietly said and Yubin entered first.

“Wow, I always wanted an apartment with girls! I mean the guys in my rent is just nasty,” Yubin sat on the couch. “This is definitely up to my style.”

“Well, my friend Sunny is very good in decorating,” Yoona smiled. “Oh, I’d better do dinner now...”

“Need help?” Yubin asked. Yoona looked back, and she smiled.

“Yeah.”

“I’ll sit here and watch tv,” Sunye grabbed the remote and she had already made the house like her own crib.

And then there they was, Yubin and Yoona making dinner. Yoona sees that Yubin was really good in the kitchen. Of course, she was a mother once, she should know how to handle a kitchen.

“You know, when I had Chaerim, I at cutting everything as I was paranoid of pointy things. Taec does all the cooking at the time,” Yubin smiled at her own memory. Yoona smiled too, she can imagine Taecyeon being a good husband. “Now, Im my own woman. I do it like I am the pro.” Yubin laughed.

Yoona looked down. She needed to ask something. “Hey Yubin, how do you handle someone like Sunye?”

“Oh come on Yoona, she’s not that bad really. She’s just having trouble with new people, that is all,” Yubin patted Yoona’s shoulder.

“I mean,” Yoona needed to be clear. “How do you act around someone who is also in love with your boyfriend?”

“What?” Yubin looked back.

“I know she loves him too,” Yoona said. “There had to be a reason why she seeks for him when her father died.” Yoona sees Yubin speechless, couldn’t really anything. “She told me today when we got stuck in the elevator, that... that you weren’t okay with my relationship with Taec, you would keep your heart beind blocks of walls, that no one would knew what you were thinkng, that you won’t admit if you’re jealous. That it still hurts a bit no matter what. When she said that, I somehow knew she was covering something. She wasn’t talking about you, she was talking about herself.”

Yoona sees Yubin looking down, could only say nothing. But she finally said it.

“Sunye was there, on my everyday of life. I met Taec first but I introduced them and I can see her eyes sparkle when she sees him. But like she said herself, she won’t admit it, even with anything, I throw at her, she won’t admit it. Because she said I suited Taec more than she ever would. The I did something I should have regretted, I pretended to date Taec. I told him is to make this one guy at school jealous, but one thing led to the other and we fell in love,” Yubin smiled at Yoona.

“You asked me how do I act around her?” Yubin asked and Yoona nodded. “Like a . I didn’t exactly flaunt my relationship to her, but I knew she liked him. I shouldn’t do that to my friend, but you can’t really erase the feeling you have right?”

“Yeah,” Yoona agreed.

“Then after awhile, it fizzled. I really thought Sunye would finally express her feelings to Taec, but she kept this idea that Taec would never see her more than a sister,” Yubin said. “And maybe she was right. Taec fell for you instead.”

Yoona smiled sadly. If she was Sunye, she would be really heartbroken.

“Don’t worry about how you act around her,”  Yubin smiled. “She was tough when her own best friend married the guy she liked, you’re practically a stranger, so embrace the fact that it helps her that she can hate you.”

Yoona laughed and nodded. “I think I can handle that.”

“Um, can I ask you something?” Yubin asked and Yoona nodded. “How did you figure out she wasn’t talking about me?”

“Well,” Yoona thinks. “I thought it didn’t suite your style.”

Yubin smiled. “Yeah it doesn’t. Plus, Taec is just someone I have with before so...” she sees Yoona looking down, blushing a bit. “Too soon?”

“Yeap.”

-

Taecyeon ran along the road, hoping he wouldn’t be late. “Damn you Hyori!”

-

Jessica was on her way to buy some drinks when Junsu was getting their tickets. They were at the movies. Today was the day to tell her feelings. Junsu waited too long. She got her drinks and she turned around only to bump into someone.

“Omo, sorry,” she said.

“It’s okay,” and she recognized that voice. She looked up and she stared at the face she haven’t seen in a long time.

“Junho?”

-

Suzy ran on the tracks, stopping when she hits the line. She huffed and sat on the ground. Her brother would do this. Always. Even if they were from different parents and are only related by their parent’s marriage, Im Seulong had always been a big brother to her. When Seulong decided to flew for America to further his studies, she cried every night leading up to his leave. When she heard that Seulong was involved with an accidents, her world almost stop. It felt like it would be over.

But then she heard that a child also died in the crash while the father survived. And even if her parents tried to hide it from her, Seulong was driving under the influence that day. His perfect image was supposed to be tainted, but it didn’t. He was still her brother. And she knew Seulong would feel devastated about the child’s death. So Suzy tracked down the father and she found out it was Taecyeon a year ago. Since then, she had done all her best to pay her apologies to him. At first he was reluctant to receive anything from her, his friend did, but after awhile, she received a thanks from him. She was overjoyed, and she had been doing it out of habit now. Somehow, when she went over to Taecyeon and Junsu’s apartment, she can feel her brother following suit.

Bae Suzy kept doing what she knew best. Being a good sister.

-

Eunjung stared at the gun and she had tears streaming down. She shuts her eyes and let the gun point to her head. This is what Eunjung would do. When Lee Teuk is desperate, he would do anything, because Lee Teuk has more guts. That is why Hyori manipulated him to terminate Taecyeon. He failed obviously but Hyori had a back up plan. Maybe Ok Taecyeon didn’t need to die, but he needs to feel guilt for the rest of his life. Guilt for letting a girl commit suicide just because Taecyeon kept leading her on.

This is who Eunjung is, she would never have the guts to kill someone else, but she would kill herself. If that would wash away the pain, she would do it. She shuts her eyes ready to pull the trigger.

“Ham Eunjung!” she heard a voice outside of her apartment. Her lips shivered as she laid the gun down. She heard a loud knocking. “Ham Eunjung.” She knew who that was.

She opened the door and there he was, her saviour, Ok Taecyeon. “I made it. You’re still here.” Eunjung couldn’t stop her tears and she immediately puts her arms around Taecyeon, holding him tight. Taecyeon could feel her shivering. She was very scared. “Hey, shh. It’s okay.”

“Its either me or her, and you chose her... I...” she cried again.

“Its you okay,” Taecyeon said, lying with all his might. He needed to do this right now. “Its you. There is no her, alright.”

He had a lot to explain when he goes back. Especially to Yoona.

To be continued.

Okay, I admit. I ed things. But hey, what is a story without some plots right? Don’t worry, Junho is not there to break Junsu and Jessica off. He’s just there to spice things up a little. Hee.