The Scary Noona

The Green Pendant

“When exactly did you find out about Noona?” Junsu asked him, not really in a proper state to stand as he looked down to his shivering hands. He just realized that he is dealing with a very scary person.

“Like a few days ago,” Taecyeon wasn’t sure where this would go.

“How? She saved me and now…” Junsu was speechless. “This is really blowing my mind.” Junsu looked to Taecyeon. “I need to talk to her.”

“And say what? That you want to break up? You’re not even together,” Taceyeon said.

“No. I need to fix things,” Junsu looked straight at Taecyeon. “And to actually think I introduced Soo Yeon as my girlfriend to her.”

“Well yeah but… what?” Taecyeon didn’t catch that. “Your girlfriend?”

“Oh yeah. That. Well, we kind of.. um… together now,” Junsu smiled a bit. But it falters after a second. “Oh my God, Soo Yeon.”

“I told Yoona about it and she said she would call if anything weird happen around their house,” Taecyeon looked at his friend, somehow scared at something he couldn’t even point on what. What he knows is that they need to deal with Hyori ASAP.

“Okay,” Junsu looked through his phone. “I’m ringing the cops.”

“Exactly what are you going to do?” Taecyeon stopped him. “What would you say to the cops? That Hyori is mad and crazy in love with you that she would kill people for it?”

“Right,” Junsu puts his phone back. “Leeteuk, can he help?”

“Yeah, he told me he would help in any way he can,” Taecyeon showed the bandaged arm. “After all, he owe me for this. And I hated this, but we need to keep Eunjung around us. She might accidentally meet up with Hyori and really kill herself.”

“Okay,” Junsu looked down. “Dude, sorry I messed up.”

“Hey, listen. If Hyori didn’t take you in you wouldn’t even be my best friend and I won’t even make up to this day alive. So like you always said to me, it is not your fault. Things happen and we can fix this,” Taecyeon assured his friend even if he wasn’t as sure. “Now, you need to pretend everything is normal with Hyori and maybe, tell Jessica about this.”

Junsu looked at Taecyeon. That is his biggest fear. Telling about the past he had. He had told her about few of his past but he wasn’t that eager to tell him about his promiscuity. He promised that he would eventually tell her but they are just starting and now everything seemed accelerated.

“Come on dude. If I had balls to open up to a girl, you would too,” Taecyeon smiled. He kenw Junsu’s position so very much. It is at the place where your past hurts your future. Junsu’s past wasn’t as traumatizing as Taecyeon’s but it isn’t pretty.

“Yeah,” Junsu looked down.

“Yah, Kim Min Jun,” Taecyeon put out his hand out in a fist. “Fighting!”

That made Junsu laugh. He bumped Taecyeon’s fist. This will be a long weekend.

-

“Did you tell him about that woman,” Yoona whispered, afraid that Jessica might hear her. Jessica did not know of anything as of yet. She held the phone and cupped it to her ears.

“Yeah,” Taecyeon was out at the balcony, sighing. “This is crazy I mean I thought this only happens in dramas.”

“Oppa, those dramas are based on real life, exaggerated but it does happen,” Yoona laughed a bit. “But that bit about Eunjung targeting Jessica with me as a back hand target was…. Crazy.”

“Oh yeah well, about that, Hyori might have Sunny on her mind too,” he forgot those small detail yesterday.

“What?”

“Yeah, I found out that Hyori knew about Ong Seulong, who is the driver that crashed my car during Chaerim’s accident,” it was hard to talk about this but he find it easier because it was Yoona he was talking to. “Ong Seulong-ssi had a sister, or half sister, Bae Suzy and she keeps pestering me with this herbal meds or something, to get me to forgive I guess.”

“What does all this have to do with Sunny?” Yoona was confused.

“Well, it turns out that Sunny and Seulong-ssi was engaged to be married before,” he can hear Yoona’s small gasp. “Hyori knew all this even before I did which is why I need you to watch for Sunny too.”

“Right, got it,” she was still surprised.

“I’m sorry Yoona,” he sighed, sad. “You had to go through all of this because of me.”

“Oppa, we are a team,” Yoona assured him. “I am with you as you are with me. We’re a team.”

Taecyeon smiled. He bids his goodbye and hangs up. Yoona on the other hand looked at her phone, quietly thinking of something. She stood up and took her coat. Taecyeon would be furious if he knows what she’s doing but of anything, a girl should deal with a girl.

-

Junsu walked into the club where his young self had worked. It brings memories, dull and adventure, everything was included. This was the place that he thought had saved him from the beatings of his uncle, and also the place that had given him enough money to pull his father of the mental institution and stay with the nice old folk home back in Daegu. He remembered right before the night his house caught in fire, the fire that took his whole family and his father’s sanity, the father had told him.

“I see many great things for you, Minjun-ah. I can see many admirers for you and your success, it is no joke!”

He smiled at that. He used to think that is God’s awful joke that his father did say that and the admirers were the flocks of women craving attention their other half never gave. Then he meets with music and he loved it. He taught himself how to play the instruments and listened to lots and lots of music. He remembered Hyori to be extremely supportive. She was the nicest person he had ever known, and it seems weird that everything she had done had a motive behind them.

He remembered how Hyori is opposed on him bunking in with Taecyeon when he decided to stop working at the club. He had said he wanted to focus on his new love for music and the club is just distracting him. Obviously he is still a guy and a woman still distracts him.

It was even weirder when he found Taecyeon’s past as a very good material for his songs and he was glad Taecyeon didn’t mind that he wrote it. All the things about Chaerim had him written at least 10 songs about it. He tried to be an idol trainee once but he dropped out since an image is so important for an idol. He never regretted going in though. He had thought everything was there to send him to where he is now.

He looked back at the counter, where a girl waved her hands. “Jun. K!” Yes, his stage name.

“Well, hello Min,” he smiled. “Still selling off guys?”

“Obviously this is an easy job. Buying them back is the difficult part. I mean look at you,” Min smiled. Her chopped pink hair made her look like a spunky kid from the Bronx. “I saw your musical piece at the museum. It was amazing.”

“Thank you,” he smiled. He looked around. “Min, why do you stay here?”

“What?”

“I mean you got your dancing career going on. You dance like a pro. Why are you still here, catering to these people?” he asked. He wasn’t judging.

“Well, you know I owe it to Hyori-unnie. Unnie, is very scary. I mean sometimes it felt like she owns me, but she saved me right at the time I needed help. I mean I should be grateful,” she smiled. Junsu knew that smile. It was forced, it was desperation. He had been there. Everyone that worked for Hyori was desperate at some point and she had saved them, all of them. Which makes them wrap around her fingers. “And I am not you, oppa. I don’t have the courage to be out there anymore.”

Only he did it. He braved himself to get off and he thought that was a normal thing. He thought it was just a move on thing. Now he realized Hyori had manipulated all the desperate people she met to move only around her.

“Well, you should think about signing up for this one guy,” Junsu wants Min out. She was the younger sister he never had. “Park Jin Young. He’s just making his name out there and I trust that he knows what he’s doing. He trusted me so that is a plus.” Junsu wrote Park Jin Young’s number on a piece of paper.

“What would make you think he would sign me?

“Well, I was told to scout for new people and you my friend, you are in luck I am here today,” Junsu smiled.

“Oppa, what are you doing back here?” Min asked. “I know it wasn’t to scout me because you know my number, you can actually call me.”

“I’m just reminiscing the old days I guess,” he smiled. “And will noona be here?”

“Ah, yes, that,” Min misunderstood that he was here for Hyori. Well he was here for Hyori but not for that kind of thing. “Hyori-unnie is actually heavily scheduled until evening. But if you come back later, she should be here.”

“Right. Okay,” Junsu nodded. Taecyeon had told him that the first thing he should do was talk to Hyori. He was the only person out there that Hyori doesn’t intend to kill.

“Oppa, you do have a cellphone right?” Min said. Junsu looked at her confused. “Unnie might be busy but everyone knows you were her favorite. I bet if you called her she would cancel all her meetings just for you.”

That was weird that this affection Hyori had for him. He is still getting used to it.

“Um, how long is she actually…” he doesn’t know how to put it. “How long had I been her favorite?”

Min laughed. “Since the day I was brought in even I knew you were her favorite. You were ‘my-Junsu’ to her.”

Junsu thought he was blind to not see this. To not realize Hyori’s affection was that deep. He took her cellphone to make a call. A woman spoke. “Noona?”

-

Yoona sighed as she waited in front of the door. Is she doing the right thing? She hoped Taecyeon wouldn’t be mad at her. She had fruits in a basket and she knocks. The door lock clicked and she found herself meeting her for the first time.

“Eunjung-ssi?” she asked.

“Yes?” Eunjung looked at her. All Yoona sees is a fragile young girl who she understands depended on Taecyeon. She might have seen all the good things from Taecyeon like Yoona had. She understand why it is hard to push such guy away.

“I am Yoona and I…” what is she?

“Are you hear because you heard about my suicide attempt?” Eunjung asked her boringly. “The social service came in a few times, but like I said to all of them, I am fine.”

“Um, but I am not from social service. I’m from….” Be creative Yoona, she thought. “From the university’s psychology program.” What? Yoona is a bad liar obviously.

“Why would you be here?” Eunjung asked.

“Well, actually, I do hear about your suicide attempt,” from her boyfriend who Eunjung is infatuated with. “And I know this would sound rude but I need an experiment.” What is wrong with her?

“An experiment?” Eunjung looked at her.

“Well yes, you are the subject and it wouldn’t take much of your time. Just 30 minutes a day. I would even pay you for it!” Yoona knows she will be rejected. Because really who else wants to be a rat lab?

“Okay.” Eunjung simply said and Yoona was shocked.

“You’d do it?” Yoona can’t believe it.

“Yes,” Eunjung said. “My boyfriend said I needed help after that suicide attempt and I guess you could be the one that helped me.”

“Right,” that boyfriend would mean her boyfriend. “When can we start?”

“Um, my house is a little messy today and maybe if you stick by tomorrow afternoon I would be in for a bit,” Eunjung said.

“Yes, tomorrow sounds great!” Yoona gave Eunjung her number. The door closes before her. Taecyeon is going to kill her.

-

“So why are we here again?” Taecyeon asked as he looked at Junsu who sipped his coffee.

“To meet noona. I told you before,” Junsu said.

“This is a bad idea,” Taecyeon said. “You know how scary that noona is!”

“Well to you, but mine, she’s cool,” Junsu said.

“Junsu, I tell you… this is a bad idea,” Taecyeon tells him for the hundredth time.

“What is a bad idea?” they looked back and saw two woman standing before them.

“Gahee-ssi! Gain-ssi!” Junsu perked up and Taecyeon shrunk. The two noonas that had been a bet was in front of them.

A year and a half ago

“I’m bored,” Taecyeon sighed as he looked around the street. Junsu who was beside him shook his head. Taecyeon took a cigarette and lights it up. “Want one?”

“No. The agency said I need to take care of my voice,” Junsu said.

“Really, it would be weird to see you as an idol,” Taecyeon puffed. “You look like a beast more than an idol.”

“I looked decent compared to you, you dress like a clown from the thrift shop” Junsu retorted.

“Haha, touche.” Taecyeon looked back and sees two women standing, with their heels and long legs. They are waiting to get into a club. “Can we get girls like that?” He blankly asked.

“Girls like what?” Junsu looked at him.

“Like that. All glamorous, such high class Gangnam girls,” Taecyeon said. “Yubin was all glamour but she was also my high school sweet heart. Those girls, they don’t want rugged and dirty man. They want money.”

“Well, before in the club, almost I guess,” Junsu said. “Almost. They blew me off every time I came to them. All I get was this annoying girls who was left by their oppas. Desperate and needy girls.”

“That is because you don’t have swag,” Taceyeon said.

“Excuse me, I do have swag. I am everything swag,” Junsu defended himself.

“Want to bet on it?” Taecyeon said.

“Sure.”

And that night, Taecyeon had chosen Gahee as his target while Junsu chosed Gain. Gain was in it for fun since she is only a year older, but unfortunately for Taecyeon, Gahee was looking for a relationship. She was mad at him, and mad was an understatement. She was the only noona Taecyeon had ever been scared of.

“It’s really nice to meet you girls again!” Junsu smiled. Gain was cheerful too. They somewhat became good friends but Taecyeon pleaded to not meet Gahee ever again. Now, he hates Junsu for letting Gahee sits beside him. “Gahee-noona too!”

“Well yes, when Gain said you suddenly called her I thought hey, why don’t we do a reunion, a perfect dongsaeng-noona reunion!” Gahee sees that Taecyeon tries to look away. “It was fun before.”

“Well, it wasn’t just that. I am here to officially announce that I am committed now!” Junsu smiled. How can he be so senile? Gain cheered. “I know noona you said I am incapable of real feelings but look at me now!”

“Wow, that is amazing!” Gain smiled. “You know what, look here!” Gain showed her ring to him. “He proposed!”

“No way that sly!” Junsu was cheerful.

“Ehem!” suddenly Gahee cleared . “This is very lovely and exciting but let me cut to the chase. Why are we here, Junsu-ssi? You told Gain that she had to bring me along, and you bring this dumb fellow along too. What is it under your sleeves Junsu-ssi?”

“Okay,” Junsu was serious now. “You know, Gain told me you guys knew Lee Hyori-noona.”

“Yes?” Gahee said. “We went to the same university for some time and Gain was her hoobae in DSP once, right?”

“Yes.”

“We need to know more about her past,” Junsu said. Taecyeon said this will not work since knowing Hyori’s apast wont change the fact that she tried to kill Taecyeon. “I need you to tell me about who she was before.”

“Why?” Gahee asked.

“Well, she… um tried to kill Taecyeon, because she thought Taecyeon leads me to leaving her,”Junsu said. Gain gasped but not Gahee. Junsu saw that. “Aren’t you surprised.”

“Well, I know much of Hyori’s jealousy and really, I wouldn’t be surprised she would kill people,” Gahee said. “Plus, she does have this affection towards you. Right Gain?”

“Um yes. You know when we had fun that night, the next morning, I had a call from Hyori and she was really mad, she said I was never to touch you, ever.” Gain said. “I’ve been to her club before and I actually specifically asked for you Junsu-ssi. And the counter said, ‘Junsu is specialized for only Lee Hyori’s request’.”

Junsu was quiet. He thought he was really dumb to not notice things.

“But why Gain?” Gahee asked. “She lets him with all those other girls.”

“Because Gain is similar to Hyori. They are glamorous, they are fun to be with and she wouldn’t let a second Hyori in your life. That makes her less appealing,” Taecyeon said.

“Can I ask you something?” Gahee directed to Junsu. “How did you get out?”

“I guess I just moved on,” Junsu said. “I liked music and somehow, I have things to write and I kind of back down from the job. Honestly, Taec, you had nothing to do with it.”

“But she didn’t know that,” Gahee said. “She only knows what she wanted to believe. To her, Taecyeon is the trigger for you to leave which is why she targeted him. Now assuming Taecyeon here is dead, would you actually go back to her?”

“That is a little over the top…” Taecyeon said and Gahee shushed him.

“I won’t,” Junsu honestly said. “I mean I would be really down and sad but, I guess I would still be moving on.”

“Imagine who else she would kill after wards,” Gahee said. Junsu and Taecyeon kept silent while Gain was shivering. “I’ll help you with her. I mean I have my days with her and while some are pretty, other is just nasty.”

“Thank you,” Junsu said. Taecyeon nodded. Junsu nusged him. He looked back. “Say your apologies.”

“Um,” Taecyeon was fidgeting. “Gahee-noona. I…”

“Gain-noona! Let’s order! The coffee is very good!” Junsu pulled Gain and left Taecyeon with Gahee.

“You were saying?” Gahee asked.

“I’m sorry it ended like that,” Taecyeon said. “I didn’t mean to hurt you. I just…”

“You were putting a wall up,” Gahee said. “I knew that too but I guess I was really angry it blinded me a bit.”

They were silent. Gahee spoke up again. “It’s weird, we didn’t sleep together, they did, that happy Gain and klutzy Junsu, they are the one who ended with good terms.”

“I guess we were just so screwed up back then,” Taecyeon said and he remembers the exact words he used on her.

“No one wants you.”

“Well, you were wrong. Someone did want me,” Gahee said. “And looking to a calmer looking Taecyeon that I see, someone did want you too. Someone decided not to judge you from your handsome cover.”

“Yeah,” he smiled. Junsu definitely won the bet. He does have swag. He pulled the deal only after 2 days but Gahee was harder since she is looking for a relationship. One night they got totally drunk and Taecyeon ended up telling about Chaerim to her and she obviously judged him for that. They had a big argument and Taecyeon ended up telling her no one wants her, which he very much regretted.

-

Jessica was at work when suddenly she felt a presence behind her.

“Wow, you are so pretty!” the woman told her. She had never met the woman before. “I am…”

“Gain-noona!” she heard Junsu calling her from behind. “I told you to wait at the front desk!”

“But this Jessica person is such a mystery I had to meet her!” Gain said.

“You’re not here to meet my girlfriend, you are here to meet Park Jin Young-ssi,” Junsu said. “But he’s off to America and maybe next week.”

“Great! We can talk about your girlfriend instead!” Gain said, smiling widely. “I mean I knew it was you when I walked in! You are definitely his type, like SeoHyun!”

“Noona!” Junsu said.

Sooyeon sees her walking away. “She was… happy.”

“Well, she’s always happy,” Minjun pulled a chair and sat in front of her. “Sorry, I brought her in for the new JYP recruit.”

“JYP?” Sooyeon asked. “Oh for Park Jin Young-ssi new company.”

“Yes that,” he said. “But she insisted that she had to meet you. Gain-noona… lets just say she was a part of my past.” He went silent. He knows he had to tell her at some point. “Listen, Sooyeon…” She stopped him and caressed his cheeks.

“Hey, don’t worry. I know you carry a lot of baggage. I do too. And clearly I want to move slow and tell you about all of it, but one day at a time. I am actually really curious about this SeoHyun girl but we have a long way ahead of us. I’m worried if we spill everything now, we don’t have much to talk about the next time,” Sooyeon smiled.

Minjun looked at her and felt every inch in his body prepared to love her, to cherish her. He pulled her slowly for a peck, a sweet kiss. Sooyeon stopped to breathe as her heart was beating faster and faster.

“Did that scare you?” Minjun quietly asked.

“No,” she slowed her heart rate down. Now it was her that pulled him in, deepening the kiss. She pulled herself again, smiling. “You know we should stop having sweet moments in my office.” He laughed at that.

He would do anything to protect her.

They don’t realize that someone is watching them, yet again. But this time it was a girl, a confused girl. Eunjung stared and she was confused. She had held the gun in her hand and brave up to kill the girl that messed things up. Hyori said she should. But what is in front of her was Jessica with Junsu, that tells a whole other story. Now everything is fumbling upside down and she doesn’t know who to believed. Then she remembered that girl who wanted to help.

Eunjung called Yoona immediately. “Can we have that experiment now?”

Yoona was surprised that Eunjung had called her. Taecyeon who was annoyed that a phone call had bothered them asked. “Who was that?”

“Um…” she looked down at him. “It was Eunjung-ssi.”

To Be Continued.

Sorry. Its been 2 years but I had a rough college days. That being said, I’m back and I hope you’ll like it. This chapter is heavily on MinJun because for these 2 years I myself had became his biggest fan! But it is still a Taecyoon fic (bless Yoona and her real boyfriend Lee Seunggi) and there will be more on Taecyoon on the next chapter.