Cute

The Green Pendant

 

“Stop shaking your legs so much,” Yoona told Jessica. It’s Sunday and they are in a Coffee Shop near Yoona’s college and Yoona had decided to call up Taecyeon. Jessica refused at first with ‘I see him everyday at work anyway’. But Yoona insisted that they need to come up with a conversation, so that things can finally move.

“I’m sorry but I am very nervous,” Jessica finally stopped shaking. Jessica agreed to the meeting as she did want to learn more about Taecyeon, and its really refreshing to see him off office hours. But the thought of Yoona is somehow his childhood friend irks her a little.

“He’s late,” Yoona looked at her watch.

“Maybe he got caught in traffic?” Jessica reasoned.

“He runs on a bike, he should be able to slip through traffic,” Yoona sighed. “He’s always late. I remembered that one time, we were supposed to attend Church together for this ceremonial thing and he arrived an hour late.”

Jessica was quiet. She wasn’t exactly excited for the lunch Yoona set up for them. One was she could see it as a Jessica watching Yoona and Taecyeon sharing long lost friendship stories. Another was because she knew how pretty Yoona is and how she can get any men she wants. Even if she knew Taecyeon didn’t see all that stuff by his non-affection to the beautiful models that goes in and out of their office everyday, it still bugs her, because she knew how Yoona is more than that.

“Oppa really have no sense of being punctual,” Yoona sighed and then as if on cue, Taecyeon arrived, patting her head.

“Sure, miss punctual,” Taecyeon had his glasses on, a thing that he always hide. The fact that he is actually blind like a bat without lenses. Jessica actually thought it was cute, but Yoona sees it as something to tease about.

“Did you lose your contacts or something?” Yoona had to ask.

“I just woke up, and its a hassle to put it on,” Taecyeon signaled the waiter for the menu.

“Its noon,” Yoona said.

“I don’t get your point,” Taecyeon grinned. “One coffee. Make it black.”

Jessica was mesmerized by his sudden grin, because he rarely gives that to people. Taecyeon always seems distant and rarely smiles at people. He seldom speaks so freely to others. The fact that he shows himself to Yoona was somehow hurting to Jessica. She wanted to be the girl that receives his smile, receives his open self. But that’s not happening is it.

“I’m off,” Yoona suddenly said.

“I just got here,” Taecyeon looked up.

“That’s what you get for being late,” Yoona looked over at Jessica and winked for understanding. “I have some studying to do but Sica will be free, so have your coffee.”

“You know studying is not really neccesary,” Taecyeon defended.

“Says the guy who aces every subject in school!” Yoona was jealous of Taecyeon’s academic ability. Since little, he was the sharp and the smart one. “I’m off.”

Jessica is now left with Taecyeon, alone. She has no idea what to start of in the conversation. He was always beside her cubicle, bu never spoke unless its job related. But she had to do something. So she actually started to open , when Taecyeon decided to speak.

“You knew Yoona for long?” Taecyeon asked and Jessica’s heart sunk. Of course, it will be back to Yoona.

“Yeah, I mean, 2 years ago, I needed another tenant in my apartment since I just moved here from California, and Yoona....”

“You’re from California?” Taecyeon seemed surprised, and suddenly, the conversation derived from Yoona.

“Um, yeah. I was born there actually. When I was in Junior High, my family go back and forth from Seoul to California. Seoul is actually a very impressive place, so when I turned 20, I decided to move here permanently,” she was actually relieved that Taecyeon would hear her story. She hoped to hear his. “What about you?”

Taecyeon fell silent. “Nothing much really.” Guess that he didn’t feel like telling.

You know what,” Taecyeon suddenly conversed in English. “I lived in Boston for 10 years, and sometimes I consider myself a Boston guy. So lets converse in English and confuse the hell out of everyone.” Taecyeon gave her his rare smile.

Jessica was startled. But she smiled. At least she got something off him other than a cold shoulder. “Sure.

-

Yoona walked around in the park, she felt good on what she had done to help Jessica know Taecyeon a bit. She understands now why Jessica fell for him. Taecyeon is a good guy, despite his sudden mysterious demeanor that wasn’t there when they were younger, she can still see traces of great quality that she has always admired.

Taecyeon was always protective on people, and she finds it fascinating that he is also willing to forgive at any day. She remembered how he will always be the first to rescue people, the first to forgive people, and the last to stand alone and watch. Yoona always finds that admirable on Taecyeon. She can understand why Jessica fell for him.

So why does some tinge of guilt fell on her now?

“Yoona!” she heard a cheery voice.

“Sunny?” she saw her pixie small friends catching up to her. “What are you doing here? Don’t you have a schedule or something?”

“Nope. I have a day off,” Sunny works as a model, and soon to be actress. Being an actress was her main goal, or actually being a celebriy is her main goal. “You know, you should try it.”

“What?” Here we go again.

“Model! You’re so pretty you’ll sell racks of magazine on it’s first sale!” Sunny had always tried to persuade Yoona into modelling, but Yoona knew her standard. Not that she felt modelling is a bad job or anything, but Sunny is great in front of the camera. While she often felt awkward and out of place whenever it was picture session. None of her yearbook picture came off good.

Then she realized, one did. When she was in elementary school.

“Today is picture day!” young Taecyeon smiled happily. He loved taking pictures. Yoona could only sigh. “Yah, Yoona. Why are you so down?”

“I don’t like taking pictures.”

“Mwoh?! Why?” Taecyeon was really surprised at anyone who disliked taking pictures.

“I don’t think I’m pretty enough,” even if people always tell her how pretty she was, not having a mother telling her that makes it kinda off to her.

“You are pretty, Yoona!” Taecyeon claimed. “You have a very pretty heart! That’s why I like being friends with you.”

On that day, Yoona smiled, gleefully. Not because of trying to look pretty in front of the lens, but genuinely feeling happy that Taecyeon actually said that. And it dawns to her on that day, she might even have a small crush on him.

But he was her oppa, and she was his friend like he had always mention. So her feelings remains a secret until he went for Boston.

Suddenly, the possibility of Taecyeon and Jessica dating terrifies her a little. But mind over heart, she kept those uneasiness down under, never to be seen again.

Though she failed miserably when she pulled Sunny to the cafe where she left Jessica with Taecyeon. She reminded herself, she’s only there to check on her friend. Which one? She rather not think about that. But they are gone. The seat were filled with other couple and Yoona’s heart sank a little.

“Are you hungry?” Sunny asked.

“Eh. No. I’m just...” what? “Hey, lets eat and tell me about your new job!”

Yoona sat far from the table she occupied before, and she put on a smile. But Sunny sees through it. Something was bothering Yoona, and even if Sunny looked like she doesn’t care for the world, she does care about Yoona. Yoona seldom cry or whine, and to Sunny, that is a bad thing for your mentality.

-

Junsu was just playing aimlessly on his piano, trying a newer version of the old pieces, but he’s out of ideas. His muse was Taecyeon’s life, but it was too dark for the producers. He needed new inspiration, new muse, though he’s on his dead end now.

He heard the door bell rang. He lazily peeked walked to the door and peeked at the peep hole. He sighed. “Not again.” He opened the door, it was Eunjung. The girl is crazy to Junsu.

“Taeckie is not here,” he said simply before he went to close the door, but Eunjung stopped the door.

“I’ll wait then,” Eunjung entered without hesitance, and plopped on their couch. Junsu sighed, out of all the girls Taecyeon slept with, Eunjung is the scariest. She kept coming back and even Taecyeon was annoyed with her. But Taecyeon said she’s really good in bed, so he doesn’t really mind.

“Yah, Eunjung. In the meantime, sleep with me,” Junsu joked in a serious tone.

“You’re not my type,” Eunjung said simply. Junsu laughed a bit, the girl is crazy.

Then Junsu remembered Taecyeon told him that he’ll be running the bar today after lunch with... Yoona.

“Eunjung-ah, you better give up,” Junsu said honestly. “You know Taecyeon just liked you for .”

“Like you liked that noona for her hot body?” Eunjung spoke up. Junsu was confused, how did she know that? “People talk a lot. Every Sunday and sometimes Saturday too, in whatever cheap motel you got in. Before you give advice to me, think about unnie’s feelings. I don’t know you, but I know that unnie and Taecyeon are nice people, and Taecyeon will fall for me.”

The girl is mad crazy.

“I’ll be in my room. Help yourself,” Junsu dissapeared. When he enters his room, he sighed. How could that girl possibly know everything. Then he remembered how Eunjung said to understand the feelings of the girl he’s technically seeing. He searched her name in his phone. He wanted to text but decided to call anyway.

Hello?” a sweet voice came in. “You want some of me today Junsu.” Of course. This noona is dirty, and wild.

“Yah, you don’t have feelings for me, do you?” Junsu asked. He heard a laugh.

“Junsu-ssi. We only play around. What makes you think that?”

“Ah, Eunjung is here. As usual, she’s playing with my sanity,” Junsu wanted to kill Eunjung for this kind of embarassment. “Sorry, but I’m stuck with making a decent song today, so I can’t meet you noona.”

“It’s fine. I have more boys to pick up from,” she purred. Junsu was right, that noona is very dirty. “I don’t love you, but I do like you a lot Junsu-ssi. You’re something.”

“Thanks,” he ended the call. Junsu sighed. He never thought of himself as this one night stand kind of guy, or in his words, Taecyeon kind of guy. But he needs the , the intimacy to create songs. He had girlfriends, but they seldom understand his music, they seldom understand his concern on music notes.

Only Taecyeon and sometimes Jay understood his lyrical values. Sometimes he and Taecyeon joked that they should just get married and leave these clueless women alone. He really doesn’t have anyone now. He left his family in Daegu to pursue music, and until he actually achieved something out of it, he won’t go home. His pride was on the line. Its not like his family was against his music, but Junsu has a really high pride, and a really low self esteem. He needs the achievments to face his family back in Daegu. Its been two years, but he still have to try everything he could.

He sighed, pressing his forehead on the window. He looked to his side and a poster of his favorite singer, Seo Hyun is up on his wall. “What to do, Seo Hyun?” He looked back out of the window, and saw Taecyeon walking towards the building. With another girl. Of course. He looked at the girl who followed behind him, a pure stoic face, calm but composed.

“Cute,” he said absentmindedly.

And then he realized, Eunjung is in the living room. “.” He imediately texted Taecyeon.

Taecyeon read a text from Junsu that Eunjung was in their living room. He sighed, and stopped walking. “Stay here, you shouldn’t take 6 flight of stairs. I’ll be back in a second.” Taecyeon dissapeared running through the stairs.

Jessica smiled. She actually liked their so called date. Not only that, she actually shared something with Taecyeon now. Their American life. It was impossible to talk to the others about her school experiences, but since Taecyeon came through the same experience, its easy to talk. Even if she hasn’t recalled Taecyeon talking about his school or his life that much, at least he listens to her story and actually laughed with her.

Jessica texted Yoona, “It’s all good. Thanks Yoona.” She didn’t know that those text message were meaningless, because even if she shared something with Taecyeon, nobody knows except Junsu and Taecyeon’s family of Taecyeon’s past. Until a he opens up about it, nothing is all good.

Taecyeon entered his apartment to see Eunjung perking up on the sofa. “Taecyeon!”

“I’m not in the mood today,” Taecyeon entered his room, searching for his wallet. He felt Eunjung hugging him from behind. “Eunjung, go home.”

“I want to see you,” Eunjung whined.

“You saw me, and I’m busy, I need to go,” he let go of Eunjung’s embrace. “Lock the door before you leave.’’ Taecyeon was gone. Eunjung weren’t satisfied. She went out to the balcony and saw a girl standing there waiting. Taecyeon catched up to her, and they left together.

Eunjung stared at the girl, nothing about her was special. “He’ll fall for me, only me.”

Junsu got a reply from Taecyeon, saying ‘thanks’. Junsu laughed, and replied back. “Sorry you didn’t get to bang another girl today.”

Taecyeon’s reply was a shock. “She’s Yoona’s friend. I can’t sleep with her. Besides, she’s not my type.”

Junsu was a perplexed. Since when does Taecyeon has a type. Women is his type. Junsu replied back. “You sure? Because I saw her, she’s pretty cute.”

The reply was even more odd. “You date her then.”

Date? What was wrong with Ok Taecyeon today?

-

Yoona waited faithfully in her room, waiting for Jessica to come home. She put aside the sudden jealousy down low. Even if it irks her, mind over heart. She’s used to it. Now, its up to her to help out a friend. She heard the front door opened, and she rushed to the living room. Jessica was finally back.

“How did it go?” she put up a big smile. Though she didn’t really understand what for.

Fine,” Jessica saw Yoona’s dumbfounded demeanor and realized she is still conversing in English. “I mean it was fine. Taecyeon lived in Boston for some time and we realized we communicate better in English than in Korean.”

They conversed in English. Yoona thought but she smiled. That is good news. Means there is progress.

“That is great, Sica!” she didn’t understand why she’s feeling a little let down.

“By the way, I saw Lee Teuk downstairs. He wanted to come up but he knows you’ll end up shooing him,” Jessica said. Yoona could only sigh. When is he ever going to give up? “Why don’t you give him a chance? I think he’s a good guy.”

“You say that because Lee Teuk is technically family to you,” Yoona said.

“Second cousin. But I think he’s really serious about you. Think about it,” Jessica left for her room, and Yoona hated to admit it, but Jessica was right. Lee Teuk has been on her tail since they met, and really, even Yoona can see it, he didn’t even linger his eyes to other girls around.  She sighed, should she give him a chance.

Yoona still has a lot of thinking to do, but she’s going downstairs to ask Lee Teuk to go home.

“Lee Teuk-ssi,” she called out. Lee Teuk looked up and a genuine smile was plastered on his face. Makes it harder to tell him to go. “I’m still not interested.”

Lee Teuk is not going down without a lil fight. “Then I’ll be interesting to you. You can deny it all you want, but I’m begging, if there is a tiny hope for me, tell me.”

Yoona smiled. One trait she actually respected about him is that he never gave up, not even when there is zero chances. “There isn’t any now, but I will tell you if that day comes, oppa.”

Lee Teuk was surprised at he use of oppa. He left with a big smile on his face. At least he’s one step ahead.

Yoona sighed again. Today was tiring with very mixed emotions and feelings. She didn’t felt like thinking about boys, she never was willing to think about relationships, because she has other goals. No Taecyeon, no Lee Teuk, not even Seunggi, she needs to stay focus on her goal.

“Yoona?” but then again, fate wanted to have it other way. She looked back and saw Taecyeon standing there.

“Oppa? What are you doing here?” she wanted to tear him apart for some reason. But held back when he smiled genuinely at her.

“Jessica forgot this. She bought it at the store we went,” he handed her a bag of very different sweets inside. She realized even then, Jessica is still so sweet to her housemates. Jessica didn’t really like sweets but she always bought them for the other girls. Taecyeon should like her, definitely.

“Oh, right,” she took it from him, not looking in his eyes. But he is staring at her.

“I know what you’re doing,” he said and she was forced to look into his eyes.

“Eh?”

“It may seem like I don’t care about things around me, but at the very least I know girls who liked me,” Taecyeon suddenly declared. Yoona was shocked. “I know she liked me, Jessica. Her staring at the office sometimes made me uncomfortable. She makes it really noticeable, by the way.”

“Well, you know.. I mean... ah...”

“I don’t like her that way you know,” Taecyeon said. “I know she’s your friend and you’re trying to help her or whatever, but I’m not interested in her in that way. Though its good to know a friend that lives in America like I did, so today didn’t really go to waste.”

Yoona was speechless, and the only words that could come out her was, “So you don’t intend on seeing her as a girlfriend?” Somehow, that lightened her burden a bit.

“No,” Taecyeon knew his stand. “So you can stop pairing her with me. And if you ask me for lunch next time, I’m hoping you’ll actually stay for lunch. Okay?”

Yoona laughed at this. “Okay, oppa!”

Jessica saw Yoona talking to Taecyeon, laughing. She didn’t understand how Taecyeon can be so open with Yoona. After today, she thought she should be closer to Taecyeon, but seeing the incident in front of his eyes, he seemed further away.

-

Junsu sat at the bar, waiting for the drinks to come in. Vodka on ice. He’s definitely acquired a taste for good alcohol, and he slowly swirled the drink in his hand.

“I’ve taught you well,” a very foxy lady took the seat next to him. She’s in her early thirties, but she still had that bodacious look that will make men fall for her.

“Hyori-noona,” Junsu greeted.

“Still composing?” she asked, asking for a martini for herself.

“Dead end. My muse is nowhere to be found,” Junsu sighed.

“Maybe a night with me then? Who knows, you’ll end up writing non-stop,” Hyori smiled.

“That stuff ended long time before, noona,” Junsu takes his drink. “You used to be the lyrics of all songs, but when I finally turned 20, that drunk stuff about you was gone. Don’t get me wrong, you’re still y as hell.”

“I know that,” Hyori didn’t seem offended by this. She caresses Junsu’s cheek. “You’re growing, Junsu-ssi. You’re finding real intimacy, real things. You’re finally becoming a man now. And that’s unfortunate for me, you were a really cute kid.”

“How do you know all this stuff?” Junsu was curious.

“I experience,” Hyori smiled.

“Noona, your voice is not bad, if you would sing, I would have written a few songs for you,” Junsu smiled.

“No thank you. Singing is a hobby. I only sing for those I like,” Hyori stood up and held Junsu’s cheek while pressing a kiss on his forehead. “And I like you Kim Junsu. So don’t die yet.” She left and Junsu could only smile. How he wished that Hyori excites her like before, but that stuff ended now. with her was only a mere .

“I need a girlfriend,” and somehow, the girl that Taecyeon brought back to their building came to his mind. The calm but composed girl. “You date her then.” He remembered Taecyeon’s text.

Junsu laughed a bit, “Maybe I should.”

To be continued.

Sorry for the long update. I have so many assignments and I honestly forgot to update. Anyway, Yoona is slowly realizing her feelings for Taecyeon. I know some of you are curious about Taecyeon’s past but that is for the next chapter. As for Kim Junsu, I like him dark and I believed that some composers used experiences to compose songs, its just that here, Junsu take it to the next level.