Chapter 67 – ALMOST Caught

It Started Because Of You...

 

 

                    After the day in school all of us went home. I am now at home sitting at the couch alone, and doing nothing just staring at the Television not paying attention and on my birthday too.

 

                   You know why I’m doing nothing?

 

 

                   Well, ALL of the people in the house locked me in. Weird aren’t they? They went to organize my party, without me. I tried pursuing them on letting me go to the venue, but they didn’t. So now I’m here pouting to myself.

 

 

                   *buzz* *buzz* *buzz*

 

                   I was already in ‘casual’ designer clothes. I looked at my phone, it keeps on buzzing. I tried ignoring it, by going to the kitchen drinking some juice.

 

                   “And, Can you smile?

                   Niga wonhajanha

                   Niga barajanha

                   Nae mam maneuroneun

                   Neol jabeul suga eomneungabwa

 

                   And, Can you smile?

                   Naega garajanha

                   Nan gwaenchantajanha

                   Majimak neoege

                   Nan igeot bakken mot junabwa~ ♪♫”

 

 

                   I glance at my phone; Hyun Seo… I rolled my eyes and just sat next to it and waited until it stopped ringing.

 

                   But…

 

                   “And, Can you smile?

                   Niga wonhajanha

                   Niga barajanha

                   Nae mam maneuroneun

                   Neol jabeul suga eomneungabwa

 

                   And, Can you smi”—

 

 

                   “WHAT?!” I snapped after I finally cracked and answered the phone and I heard from the other line a sigh and some giggles.

 

                   “You can come now… People are starting to come.”Hyun excitedly announced.

 

 

                   “Yeah, yeah, yeah… Bye”

 

                   “Wait”—

 

 

                   I hanged up and smirked playfully as went towards the door and tried turning it to open but it didn’t. I face palmed, I forgot to ask where they hid the keys… Oh well, might as well climbed out the window.

 

 

                   I walked towards the glass window and opened it. I put my one leg out but then I remembered we had a back door. I sighed and walked towards the door, and it was open.

 

                   “GREEEAAAT~ wasted my time here sulking because the door was locked but the back one wasn’t. UGH!” I frustratedly went out of the house and went to my party.

 

 

 

                   I was already standing at the huge place my parents rented for my party. I rolled my eyes and made an audible sigh. I soon stepped in and I was greeted by a one great loud shout of ‘HAPPY BIRTHDAY!’

 

                   There I could see my friends and parents up in front and my parents were holding a small cake with a candle and went near me, I gawked at them.

 

                   “Aren’t we done with this already?”

 

                   “Yeah, but blow it anyway. Oh, this is just the top layer of the cake.” My mom playfully pinched my cheeks.

 

 

                   I smiled a very small smile and closed my eyes and made a wish.

 

 

                   Like I said this morning… and I want my old life back.

 

 

                   I opened my eyes and blew out the candle and then I heard lots of clapping and cheering, I flashed them smiles.

 

                   “THANK YOU! For coming to my party!” I yelled as I happily waved my arms at everyone and they howled louder making me chuckle.

 

 

 

                   Music was blasting around the place, different lights were flashing. It felt like it was a club here, with a lot of people dancing on the dance floor, some were drinking and eating. I awkwardly walked around the place as I was always being greeted by ‘Happy Birthdays’ and stuff.

 

                   I went to the second floor, holding a glass of juice and leaned at the railing just watching people having fun.

 

 

                   I was being occupied by the people dancing when suddenly a finger tapped my shoulder and I instinctively swung my arm at the person who perfectly caught it.

 

                   “WOAH! Why do every time we meet you, you would either kick us or swung your arm at us?” I heard a familiar voice as he chuckled.

 

 

                   “So, you came?” I playfully teased.

 

                   “Why wouldn’t we? It’s our favorite little gangster’s birthday!” Eunkwang ruffled my hair while laughing. I quickly swatted his hands off and fixed my hair.

 

                   “Yah! Don’t touch the hair.”

 

 

                   “Happy Birthday MIN!” BTOB greeted me happily as they squished me into one group hug with me in the middle and released after sensing I can’t already breathe.

 

 

                   “Are you enjoying the party?” I asked them.

 

                   “The question is; are YOU enjoying your party? Aren’t you the type of person who likes noisy place?” Ilhoon goofily grinned at me.

 

                   “Hmm…its okay I guess.” I shrugged and went back to leaning on the railing and after that I heard some of them excused themselves to eat or something.

 

 

                   I felt someone stood next to me and I didn’t have to look who it was, when I could sense him perfectly after all those years.

 

                   “Don’t you want to get some fresh air?” I heard him asked as he leaned at the railing as well.

 

                   “Hmm.” I shrugged and sipped my drink.

 

 

                   Then it was silent between us again. I took a quick glance at him and regretted it, because he was staring at me. I awkwardly shifted a few inches away from him.

 

                   “uh… M-Min?”

 

                   “HUH?! Y-yea?” I nervously stuttered avoiding his eyes.

 

 

                   “Can you come with me for a bit?” I looked at him and he had pleading eyes and I couldn’t resist those eyes at all, even all these years. I slowly nodded and he flashed a small smile and grabbed my hands, but I shifted my gaze to the people and back to our hands and removed it.

 

 

                   “Oh, right… sorry.” He rubbed his nape and I motioned him to lead the way as I followed behind.

 

                   He led me up to the rooftop where the cold wind quickly blew my face as soon as I stepped out in the fresh air. I refreshingly exhaled and I then looked at Sungjae who was troubled or nervous; either of the two. I approached him.

 

 

                   “So, you are going to tell me something?” I tilted my head and furrowed my eyebrows and I heard him chuckled, making me furrow my eyebrows even more, getting curious.

 

                   “You haven’t really changed. You’re still cute as ever.” He chuckled and I was startled a bit by his words and I quickly looked away.

 

 

                   Silence fell on us again. “So?”

 

 

                   “Well, I was actually going to give you something, my present for you.” He said as he stepped back and walked towards my back, I was going to turn to face him but he held my shoulders still and soon after, I felt him lift his hands away and then I felt something cold touch my neck.

 

 

                   I looked down at thing he gave me, a silver necklace, with a music note as a pendant. I turned to look at him now and smiled, “Thank you it’s beautiful.” I said as I felt my cheeks getting hotter, and heart thumping faster.

 

 

                   ! What is this? I can’t like him again, can I?

 

 

                   “Uhmm, Ha—I mean, Min. I want to tell you this again. I want you back, please take me back. I’m missing you everyday.”

 

                   I was stunned at his words; I didn’t expect him to say those words again, even though we talked about his already. I already told him I don’t want to anymore.

 

                   “Even you though you said that we should forget it and move on and build our friendship back, I just can’t. I can’t. Please just give me one last chance… Please, Min.” Just like last time, I saw tears running down his face.

 

 

                   I stepped back and looked away from him but he held my hand and I tried losing his grip, “Please, just… Just stop now. I already told you my answer the last time.”

 

 

                   “TELL ME! WHY? WHY WE CAN’T GO BACK?!” He pinched the bridge of his nose, and closed his eyes as he took a deep breathe before facing me again.

 

                   “Why?” He softly asked this time.

 

 

 

                   I was quiet for awhile, contemplating. I tried rearranging my brain at the moment, but I can’t think properly.

 

                   “Uh… I don’t want.”

 

                   “Why?”

 

                   “Just because.”

 

                   “There must be a reason why, HAEMIN?”

 

 

                   I took in a deep breathe, “B-b-because I already”—

 

 

                   I stopped mid-way because I heard footsteps from the door. Both of us snapped our heads towards the door, and I quickly composed myself and I glanced at Sungjae who was wiping his tears while his back facing me.

 

                   The door handle was moving and I saw it turn and soon after I saw the most unexpected person coming out of the door.

 

 

                   But I tensed up when I saw him came in with another girl. I glance at Sungjae who became stiff as well. Well, they are gang rivals back in States.

 

                   “Oh Min-sshi, I didn’t know this area… Let’s go find another place this might get ugly… Bye Min-sshi, great party by the way and happy birthday!” Chunji smiled at me and then looked at the girl he was with and glared at Sungjae, and then grinned at me when he greeted me and went back inside.

 

 

                   “I- We- I need to go back to check on my party.” I awkwardly shifted here and there and finally dashed down back to the party leaving Sungjae still at the rooftop.

 

 

                   I was near the restroom doors, when I stopped and hyperventilate for a while and tried wiping away the sweats.

 

                   That was close, if Chunji heard us. I don’t know what would happen to me and the others next. If Chunji found out I was HaeMin then, he would tell L.joe and then

 

 

                   “Unnie! I can’t take this anymore!” I heard a girl yelled from inside the female restroom, I knitted my eyebrows together and move closer to the female restroom door and eavesdrop.

 

 

                   “You can do it… Maybe you should do it first; I think he’s just waiting for you to confess.” Another girl’s voice said in a cheerful way.

 

 

                   “I don’t know about this. I never liked someone before, and well you’re advice on playing ‘hard to get’ was the most effective one.” The same girl that yelled whined.

 

 

                   “Come on Hyeri, you can’t keep up the ‘Hard to get’ façade forever, he’ll get tired of seeking your attention if you go along with it longer.” Another more mature and husky pitched voice told her.

 

                   “You should go find him and tell him your feelings I think he’ll accept it. And be a darling could you greet for us a Happy Birthday?” Another said while giggling with the others.

 

 

                   I backed up and I had my eyes wide open from the surprise. It sent chills through my body, and I slowly back away from the restrooms and tried finding my friends.

 

                   Did she just say HYERI? And happy birthday so the guy that they were talking about was… ME?! OH GOD?! I CAN’T BELIEVE THIS I FELL FOR HER TRICK!! ARRRGHH!!!

 

 

                   I was particularly running by now and kept glancing at the restrooms if they would get out of there. Then suddenly I collided with another person, I quickly backed away and bowed and apologize. I was about to leave the person when he caught my arm. I looked up and, WOW really my luck today.

 

                   “Where do you think you’re going?” He had cold fierce eyes burring wholes in my head and I slightly shivered in his gaze.

 

                   “Uh… S-somewhere, none of your business.” I yanked my arm away.

 

 

                   “Let’s talk.” He didn’t wait for my response and just drag me to a room that suddenly felt quiet, and no sound was heard. The room was sound-proof and had leather couches and then I saw a karaoke booklet and a TV and stereos and etc.

 

 

                   “Why here? You don’t want anyone hearing me scream for help when you murder me?” I jokingly asked him but he just stared at me which creep me out a bit.

 

 

                   “Talk, now.” He demanded in a low and firm voice.

 

 

                   I raised a brow at him and scoffed, “sorry, I didn’t get what you’re getting at… What am I supposed to ‘TALK’ about?”

 

                   “Explain to me,” He started as he sighed heavily.

 

 

                   I backed up a bit and narrowed my gaze at him; I think his getting suspicious or something. I gulped and keep my cool.

 

                   “Why where you at HaeMin’s grave in the afternoon?”

 

                   I had a mini-heart attack as I was getting nervous. I composed myself to not let me get caught. I remained silent not knowing an excuse to say.

 

                   “Why do you look like her?”

 

                   “Why is your birthday the same us hers?”

 

 

                   “WAIT! Hold up! FYI… there are a lot of people born on February 14, idiot.” I finally found some excuse for his one question.

 

                   “Well why do you know it? If I’m not correct, I think none of the school ever announces her birthday and you’re just a new transferee.” He smirked thinking he got me where he need.

 

                   “Well… I… uh…” I was lost for words. I shifted my eyes from here and there and tried not getting caught up with his mesmerizing fierce eyes.

 

                   “Well?”

 

 

                   He was waiting for my answer, with a victorious smirk on his face thinking he had won. I sighed and breathe carefully, before looking up at him and stand my ground.

 

                   “If you want to know…” I started.

 

 

                   He raised his eyebrows in amusement and anticipation. He’s expecting me to say the truth or something.

 

 

                   “Jo HaeMin… and I are…

                   .

                   .

                   .

                   .

                   .

                   .

                   .

                  

                   Twins.” I sighed deeply acting defeated or something. I glance up at him to see his expression. I thought he’d be disappointed to know the ‘truth’ that is different from what he expected but to my surprise…

 

 

                   Kim Myungsoo smiled, “I knew it.”

 

--------------------------------------------------------

 

COMMENT & SUBSCRIBE!

you,

Comment below, JEBAL~~ ^^

BYE BYE for now... Ppyong~!♥