Chapter 5-My Sweetest Day Gift

My Secret Love

Asian Garden Buffet

“Oppa…what are you doing?” Nicole asked as Kris pulls out his cell phone.

“I was going to call up Lay, Lu Han, and Min Seok to see if that wanted to join us for dinner.” Kris answers as he started dialing their numbers.

Nicole quickly grabs his cell phone out his hand and shoves it her pocket.  “No…I just want to have dinner with YOU…no one else.”

Kris smirks at her and scoffs.  “Really?  Why is that?”

“I want to get to know you better.” Nicole truthfully replied.

“Okay…start asking questions.” Kris smiled as he leans his back against his chair.

Nicole blushes as she stutters, “You promise to show me a new trick every time we hang out.  Show me a new magic trick.”

Kris smiled as he pulled his right hand out.  “Watch carefully.”

Nicole watches as Kris lays his right hand out on the table and closes it.  One minute passed by and he slowly opens up his right hand and inside his palm was a shiny diamond ring. 

“Omo!  How did you do that?” Nicole exclaims excitedly as she started jumping up and down from her seat.

Kris smiled at her and answers, “Magic.” 

“You’re amazing!” Nicole gushed as she stares at the shiny ring.

“Give me your left hand.” Kris instructed.

Nicole did as she was told and he slips the diamond ring onto her left finger. 

“This is my gift to you.  Think of it as a promise ring.”

Nicole raised her left eye brow up.  “A promise ring?”

“Yup…a promise ring.  I promise to never hurt you and that I will always be truthful to you.”

image

Nicole madly blushed as he squeezes her hand.  Omo!  He’s so romantic!

“Nicole?”

“Hm?”

“You’re very beautiful.” Kris shyly said as his face started to turn a little pink.

He’s blushing!  Ah!  That makes him even cutter!  Nicole giggled, “Thank you oppa.”

“Jung Nicole?” A husky voice suddenly shouted.

Nicole turns her head around and saw Cha Hack Yeon waving his hand at her.  He walks up to their table and gives her a big smile.

“N!” Nicole happily cried as she stood up from her chair.  She gave him a tight hug and happily squeals, “You’re back in town?  I thought you were studying in Japan?  What happened?”

N hugs her back.  “Things didn’t work out…so I decided to move back to Seoul.”

Kris felt a pinch of jealousy as he watches Nicole and N interact with each other.  He purposely coughed loudly enough for them to hear him.  N turns to look at him and raised his right eye brow up.  He then turns his attention back to Nicole and asks, “Ah…is he your…”

Nicole quickly says, “Hack Yeon, I want you to meet my friend Wu Fan.  Wu Fan this is Hack Yeon.”

“Hey man.  It’s a pleasure to meet you.” N said reaching his right hand out for a handshake.

Kris stared at his hand for a moment and reached out to shake his hand.  “Hello.  It’s very nice to meet you.”

“You can call me N.” N said smiling at him.

Kris smiled back at him said, “And you can call me Kris.”

“Kris?  You have an English name?  Cool!  Are you from the States just like Nicole?”

Kris shook his head no.  “I’m from Canada.”

“Canada?  Nice…I’ve never been there before.” N said smiling at him.  He turns his attention back to Nicole and asks, “Are you still attending Seoul University?”

Nicole nodded her head yes. 

“Are…are you still single?” N shyly asked as his face started to turn pink.

Nicole froze as she stared at him.  Omo!  What should she say?  If she said no, Kris would be upset with her, and if she said yes, she would be lying to him.

“N!  Get your over here!  Your food is here!” One of his friends hollered.

Thank heavens!  Nicole thought to herself as she noticed in the corner of her eye that Kris kept staring at her.  

N made a face at his friends as he turns his attention back to Nicole.  “It was nice seeing you again Nicole.  Can we hang out when you’re not busy?”

Nicole quickly nodded her head yes.  Please leave N!  She didn’t like the way how Kris was looking at her right now.

N didn’t seem to get the hint that Kris was giving him the death stare as he continues to smile foolishly at Nicole. 

“Cool!  Here is my cell phone number.  Call me when you’re free.” N said as he pulls her in for a hug.

Nicole was startled by his hug and quickly looks over at Kris.  He scoffs and suddenly stood up from his chair walking away from them.  She watches as he walks towards the men's restroom without looking back.  Omo!  Was he mad? 

N finally let go of Nicole and started walking back towards his table.  He looked back and smiled, “Don’t forget to call me Nicole.”

Nicole smiled back and says, “I won’t.”

5 minutes later

Kris walks back towards their table and found Nicole playing with her cell phone.  She looks up and gives him a tiny smile.  He smiled back at her and sat in his seat without saying anything.

“Oppa?  Are…are you okay?” Nicole nervously asked as she stares into his electric eyes.

Kris smirks and answers, “I’m fine…why do you ask?”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes.”

“Oh….”

Before Nicole could ask him another question, a pretty girl suddenly cried, “Wu Fan?!”

Kris turns his head around and smiled.  He waved his hand at her as the pretty girl started running towards their table.

Who is that?!  Nicole thought to herself as the pretty girl approached them. 

“Oppa!  How have you been?!” The pretty girl gushed as she threw her arms around his neck.

Oppa?!  Since when did Kris let other girls call him oppa?  Indeed this girl was beautiful, but she didn’t like way how she was throwing herself at him. 

“Who’s that?” The pretty girl pointed to Nicole with one finger.

“Yoona, this is Nicole.  Nicole, this is Yoona.” Kris said slightly pushing Yoona away from him. 

Nicole forced out a smile and squeaks, “Hi.  Nice to meet you.”

Yoona raised her left eye brow up and as she flips her hair back and greeted,  “Hello.”  She turns her attention back to Kris and batted her eye lashes at him.  “Oppa, don’t forget to buy me something for Sweetest Day tomorrow.”

“Sweetest Day?” Nicole questions as she gives them both a confused look.

Yoona gave her a weird look and rolls her eyes.  “Duh.  Anyways, I have to go.  It was nice seeing you again oppa.  Call me tonight so we can meet up tomorrow.”

Nicole made a face at them as she scoffs and crosses her arms in front of her chest.  What a !  It’s not her fault that she didn’t know what Sweetest Day was.  She didn’t even know that Sweetest Day existed!  She also didn’t like the fact that Yoona was flirting with him right in front of her!  Is this jealousy?  No…it isn’t jealousy…is it?  Why was her blood pressure starting to rise?  Calm down Nicole…just smile and pretend like you don’t care.   

Kris noticed Nicole’s sour face as he quickly replied, “I’m busy tomorrow Yoona.  I won’t be able to hang out with you or buy you anything for Sweetest Day.”

Yoona punches him on his right arm and pouted, “What?  Why not oppa?  Don’t tell me you have a girlfriend already?”

Kris smiles at her and says, “I will be spending Sweetest Day with Nicole tomorrow.  I’m very sorry.”

Yoona gives Nicole a dirty look and turns her head back to Kris, “Yah!  Is she your girlfriend?”

“Not yet…but I’m going to make her mine sooner or later.” Kris replied winking at her Nicole.

Nicole’s eyes widen as she her heart fluttered with happiness.  Ha!  Take that Yoona!  She was now smiling foolishly at Yoona and said, “I think your friends are waiting for you.”

Yoona turns her head around and sure enough her friends were shouting, “Yoona!  Let’s go!  It’s getting crowded in here!”

Yoona faked a smile at Kris and said, “I have to go oppa.  Call me tonight.”

Kris just smiled at her and waved good-bye to her.  He turns his attention back to Nicole and saw her frowning at him.  “What?”

“Are you going to call her tonight?” Nicole hotly asked. 

Kris smirks, “No…I don’t plan on to…why do you ask?”

Nicole’s frown slowly disappears on her face as she smiles, “Ah…nothing…I was just wondering…that’s all.”

“Are you jealous?”

“Tsk…me jealous?  No way!” Nicole lied as her ears started to turn red.

Kris gave her a devilish smile as he scoffs.  “Yeah right.  You’re a horrible liar.  You ARE jealous.”

“Yah!  What makes you think I’m lying?”

“Your ears are all red.” Kris laughed.

Nicole quickly covered both of her ears with her hands as she mumbles, “Whatever…”

Kris stood up from his chair and sat down next to her.  He wrapped both of his arms around her and whispers, “You’re cute when you’re jealous.”

“Uh-huh.” Nicole pouted as she turns her head away from him. 

Kris smiled as he gently pulls her closer to him.  “Nicole?”

“Hm?”

“Look at me.”

“Why?”

“I have something for you.”

“What is it?” Nicole asked not turning her head to look at him.

“Please?”

Nicole sighs as she slowly uncovers her ears with her hands and turns to look at him.  His handsome face was now only an inch away from hers.  Omo!  She stared down at his y lips as her heart started beating faster.  Kiss me!

Kris stared at her rosy lips for a moment befoe he kissed her softly on her lips.  He stuck his tongue inside of teasing hers with his.  He held her tighter as she moans from his kisses.  He felt her arms wrapped around his neck as she pressed her chest against his.

Nicole could feel fireworks exploding through her body as she kissed him harder.  So this is what it feels like to French kiss!  As they continued to kiss, their waitress interrupted them, “Ahem…your drinks are here.  You guys may help yourselves at the buffet line.”

Nicole slowly pulls back from him as she madly blushes. 

“Thank you.” Kris politely said.

“I’ll be back in a couple of minutes to check up on you guys.” Their waitress said as she walks away from them.

“Are you ready to eat?” Kris asked as he stood up from his chair.

Nicole nodded her head yes.  She hated to admit this, but she was starting to madly fall in love with him.  The way how he with his tongue made her want to kiss him even more.  Snap out of it Jung Nicole!  Since when did you become so ?  She quickly shook her head as she followed him to the buffet line.

5 minutes later

Once they got their food and was seated back at their table, Kris asked, “Does Cha Hack Yeon like you more than a friend?”

Nicole started laughing as she replies, “I don’t think so…why?”

“Really?  You two sure seem comfortable around each other.”

Nicole raised her left eye brow.  “Yah…are you jealous?”

Kris scoffs as he smirks, “Of course I am.”

Omo!  He WAS jealous!  How cute!  And here she thought she was the jealous one! 

“I think he likes you.” Kris quietly said as he took a sip of his water.

“You think so?  No…I don’t think he does.”

“How did you guys meet?”

“We went to the same High School.”

“Oh…is he the same age as you?”

“No, he is a year older than me.  He is actually your age.”

“I see.”

Nicole notice that he kept staring at where N and his friend were sitting and she said, “Yah…quit looking at them.  There is nothing to be jealous of.  I see N only as a friend…nothing more.”

Kris smiled as he nodded his head.  “As long as you say you guys are ONLY friends, then I have nothing to worry about.”

Nicole giggled to herself.  “Speaking of friends, I see that you and Yoona are very close.  What’s your relationship with her?”

“We’re just friends.  I met her through Min Seok during my freshmen year here.”

“Oh…I see.  She’s very pretty and she seems to really like you too.” Nicole said trying not to sound jealous.

“What makes you think she likes me?”

Nicole rolls her eyes at him.  “Isn’t it obvious?  She practically threw herself at you...not to mention that she demanded you to buy her a gift for Sweetest Day.”

Kris laughed at Nicole’s facial expression.  She’s so cute!  “I only see Yoona as a sister…nothing more.  And speaking of Sweetest Day, do you have any plans tomorrow night?”

Nicole thought for a moment and shook her head no.  “Why?”

“Would you like to have dinner with me?” Kris shyly asked.

“Yes!” Nicole blurted out with excitement.  She quickly covered with both of her hands.  Omo!  Could she make it even more obvious that she wanted to hang out with him?  Jung Nicole…you fool!

Kris smiled as he watches Nicole’s face turns red.  She likes him…he knows it.  Sooner or later she was bound to be his girlfriend.

2 hours later

Kris walked Nicole back to her dorm with his left arm around her shoulder.  They stop in front of her dorm and looked each other in the eyes.  He pulls her closer to him and kissed her right cheek.

Nicole stares at him and smiles.  “What was that for?”

“That was your good-night kiss.”

“You could have kissed me somewhere else.” Nicole teased as she pointed her left finger on her lips.

Kris winks at her and said, “Now that you mention that…I think I will kiss you there.”

Nicole’s eyes widen as he kissed her softly on her lips.  She closed her eyes and wrapped her arms around his neck tightly.  Oh how she loved the way how he kissed her!  She loved everything about him.  He was tall, good-looking, rich, smart, and well-mannered.  He was everything she wanted in a guy, so why couldn’t she accept his heart?  What was truly holding her back?     

As they continued to passionately kiss each other, Nana rudely interrupted them by purposely opening up the front door and happily screams, “Omo!  They’re kissing again!”

tumblr_m6xl2jiZE11r3wtioo3_250.gif

Nicole quickly pulls away from Kris and glares at Nana.  “Yah!  Can you scream any louder?”

Seohyun quickly ran to the front door with her cell phone ready to take a picture of them when she noticed that they were no longer kissing.  “Ah…I was going to take a picture too!  Damn!”

“Excuse me?” Nicole hotly cried. 

Kris scratches his neck and greeted Nana and Seohyun.  “Hello.”

Nana and Seohyun both smirks at him and greeted back, “Hello Kris.”

“Yah!  Can you guys give us some privacy please?” Nicole asked in annoyance.

Nana shook her head no as Seohyun crossed her arms in front of her chest and giggled.  “Well…”

“Please?” Nicole begged.

“Fine…but you have a lot of explaining to do tonight.” Nana said as she closes the door.

Nicole rolls her eyes and sighs.  “Whatever…”

Kris laughs as he wraps his arms around her petite waist.  “It looks they’re going to keep you up all night.”

Nicole let out a small laugh and nodded her head in agreement.  She warps her arms around his neck and kissed him on his lips.  “You better get going.”

“Are you trying to get rid of me already?  What happens if I don’t want to leave yet?” Kris cutely pouted.

“Aw…you’re so cute.  We’ll see each other tomorrow night.”

Kris sighs as he kissed her forehead.  “Fine.  What time is your last class at?”

“My last class ends at 3:30pm.”

“How about I pick you up here at 4:00pm?”

“That sounds like a plan.  I’ll be waiting you for.”

Kris smiled as he kissed her one last time on her lips.

“Nicole!” Seohyun shouted through the window.

“Get your pretty in here!” Nana cried.  “It’s getting late!”

“God…they’re so annoying.” Nicole mutters as she gives him a quick hug.

Kris laughs and said, “I’ll see you tomorrow.  Have a good-night.”

“Thank you.  You have a good-night as well.  Drive safely oppa.” Nicole said waving good-bye to him.  As soon as she closed the door, Nana and Seohyun stood in the living room with their eyes wide open.

“Start talking.” Seohyun demanded as she smiles at her.

Nicole giggled and said, “Alright…alright…alright.  It all started…”

4 hours later (2:00am)

“Omo!  Omo!  Omo!  Does that mean you’re going to date Kris?” Nana happily asked.

Seohyun eyes glowed with excitement.  “You should!  Then we can all go on triple dates!"

“I do like him…I really do…it’s just…” Nicole trails off.

“You’re scared…aren’t you?” Nana questions as she observes her face.

“What do you mean?” Nicole asks.

“You’re scared of committing to him because you’re afraid of getting hurt…right?” Nana answers smiling. 

Seohyun raised her left eye brow up.  “Yah…is that true Nicole?”

Nicole sighs to herself and mumbles, “I’m not scared.”

“Then what’s the problem?” Nana questions.

“I want to love him in slow motion for now.  I want to take my time and really get to know him before I acknowledge him as my man.” Nicole truthfully answered.

“It’s nice that you want to take things slow, but don’t you think he’ll become impatient?” Seohyun asked.

“If he really likes me like he says he does, then he’ll wait until I’m ready to accept him.” Nicole explains.

“I think you’re playing hard to get.  I mean, if Kris showed me that much affection, I would make him my man right away.” Nana said flipping her hair.

Seohyun rolls her eyes and giggled.  “I think your man needs to hang out with Kris more often.”

Nana made a face at her.  “Yah!  What makes you say that?”

“You’re jealous because Minho doesn’t show you any affection like the way how Kris shows to Nicole.” Seohyun teased.

Nana scoffs and threw a pillow at her.  “Shut up!  Minho shows me affection!”

Nicole laughs out loud as she watches her two best friends bicker at each other.  “Alright girls, I’m off to bed.  I need to get up early…so good-night!”

“Good-night!” They both shouted as they continued to throw pillows at each other.

11:00am

Nicole got out of class and started walking towards the commons.  She was super excited to have dinner with Kris tonight.  She had never realized how big of a deal Sweetest Day was because everywhere she looked, there were couples that were exchanging gifts.  She was jealous at one of her classmates because her classmate had gotten a dozen red roses and balloons from her boyfriend.   Speaking of gifts, she hadn’t gotten Kris anything for Sweetest Day yet.  Should she get him something?  If she did, does that mean they’re dating?  What should she do?  Her mind was filled with questions that she accidently ran straight into Lu Han chest.

“Whoa!” Lu Han yelps as he drops all of his books.

“Omo!  I’m so sorry!” Nicole cried as she quickly bends down to help him pick up his books.

Lu Han laughs and says, “It’s okay Nicole.  What’s up?  You seem distracted.”

Nicole handed his books back to him and replies, “I am distracted.  I’m debating if I should get Kris a gift for Sweetest Day.”

Lu Han raised his left eye brow up.  “Are you guys dating?”

“No!” Nicole quickly replied as her face started to turn a little pink.

“Are you sure?  As far as I remember, couples exchange gifts with each other on Sweetest Day…which means…”

“Yah!  We’re not a couple…yet.”

“Yet?”

“Listen, I want to get to know him first before I commit to him…alright?”

“That sounds fair enough…so what are you going to buy him?”

“I don’t know.  I don’t even know what he likes.  Hey…you’re one of his close friends, do you know what he likes?”

Lu Han scratches his neck and replies, “I know he likes to do a lot of magic tricks.”

“I know that already…what else?”

“He likes pop, R&B, and hip hop music.”

Nicole took out a piece of paper and quickly wrote it down.  “What else?”

“Hm…he likes to play basketball and read.”

“Basketball and read…okay…what else?”

“Truthfully, that’s all I know.”

“What?  That’s it?  How can you call yourself his close friend if you don’t know much about him?  Some friend you are.” Nicole mutters as she shoves the note into her backpack.

Lu Han shrugs his shoulders and said, “Why don’t you cook something special for him?  I remember him saying he likes girls who can cook.”

“Really?”

Lu Han nodded his head yes.

“Omo!  Thank you for the wonderful idea Lu Han!” Nicole happily cried as she hugs him. 

“No problem.” Lu Han said smiling at her.

“Nicole!” A husky voice shouted.

Nicole turns around and saw N excitedly waving his hand at her.  N?  What the heck was HE doing here?  She waved her hand back at him and smiled.

“Who’s that?” Lu Han asked as N started running towards them. 

Before Nicole could answer him, N threw his arms around her and hugged her tightly.

“Oppa!  I can’t breathe!” Nicole cried as she tries to push him away.

N quickly let her go and laughed.  “Sorry Nicole.  I’m just so excited to see you…that’s all.”

“We just saw each other yesterday.  Anyways, what are you doing here?  As I re-call, you don’t go to this school.” Nicole teased as she smiles at him.

N scoffs at her and replies, “ I will be attending here next semester.  Isn’t that awesome?”

“Omo!  Are you serious?  That’s wonderful!” Nicole cried as she started jumping up and down in excitement.

“Ahem.” Lu Han said looking at the both of them.  Apparently the both of them had forgotten that he had been standing there.

“Omo!  Sorry Lu Han.  Lu Han this is Cha Hack Yeon, Hakc Yeon this is Lu Han.” Nicole explains.

“Hello.  It’s very nice to meet you.” Lu Han said putting out his left hand for a handshake.

N happily shook his hand and said, “Hi!  It’s very nice to meet you too!  How do you know Nicole?”

“Nicole is my friend, and how do you know her?” Lu Han politely asked.

“We went to High School together.” N said pinching her cheek.

“Ah!  N that hurts!” Nicole pouted as she playfully smacks his chest.

“N?” Lu Han said in confused.

“I prefer to be call N.” N kindly explains.

“Really?  Why?” Lu Han ask as he observes him.

“My name is too common, so I rather have my friends call me N than my real name.” N replied.

“Ah…I see.” Lu Han said. 

N turns his attention back to Nicole and gave her a big smile.  “Do you have any plans tonight?”

Nicole shook her head yes.  “Why?”

“Oh…I was wondering if you wanted to go the Amusement Park with me.”

“I would love to, but I already have plans.”

“May I ask with who?” N nervously asked.

Nicole’s face started to turn a little pink as she answers, “Wu Fan.”

N gave her a surprised look.  “You mean Kris?  That guy that you had dinner with last night at Asian Garden Buffet?  Do you like him?”  

Before she could answer him, Lu Han cut him off, “Of course Nicole likes him.  If she didn’t like him, why would she agree to hang out with him again?”

“Yah!  Be quite!” Nicole hissed as she elbows Lu Han.

“Ah…I see.” N said in disappointment. 

"I’ll call you when I’m not busy.  It’s been a while since we last hung out with each other.  We’re still friends…right?” 

N smiled brightly at her and nodded his head yes.  “Is that a promise?”

“It’s a promise!” Nicole said as she gives him a friendly hug.  “Anyways, I have to go.  It was nice seeing you again.  Take care of yourself.”

“Thanks Nicole.  Take care of yourself as well.” N said returning the hug.  God she smells so good!  He wished he could hug her like this forever. 

“Yah…you can let her go now.” Lu Han said in annoyance. 

“Er…yeah.” N said as he slowly let go of her.

Nicole giggled and waved her hand to him.  “Bye N.”  

“Bye Nicole.” N said walking away from them. 

As soon as N was out of their sight, Lu Han clears his throat and smirks, “It looks like Kris is going to have some tough competition.”

“What do you mean?”

“N likes you.”

“What?  No he doesn’t!  He’s just a friend.”

Lu Han scoffs as he walks away from her.  “Sure he is…”

“Yah!  What’s that supposed to mean?” Nicole cried as she runs after him.

“It means if you don’t like him in that kind of way, you shouldn’t be leading him on.” Lu Han explains as he looks at her.

“Who said I was leading him on?  N knows that I only like him as a friend.”

“You might think that, but does N really feel that way about you?”

Nicole stood still for a moment and thought to herself.  Did N like her more than a friend?  If he did, how come he never confessed to her?

“Nicole?  Hello?” Lu Han teased as he snaps his fingers in front of her face.

“Yah!  What did you do that for?  I was thinking!” Nicole cutely pouted. 

Lu Han laughs at her cute reaction.  Damn…no wonder why Kris was crazy about her!

“Look, I gotta go.  It was nice talking to you.  I’ll see you later.” Nicole said as she waves good-bye to him.

“Bye Nicole.”

4:00pm

Knock!  Knock!  Knock!

Nicole opens up the door and saw a handsome Kris standing there with a smile on his face.

“Hi Nicole.”

“Hi Kris.  Come on in.” She said pulling his hand inside their dorm.

“Are you cooking something?” Kris asks as he sniffs his nose.  “It smells really good.”

Nicole’s eyes widen with excitement as she replies, “Yes I am.  In fact, I want to skip dinner and give you your Sweetest Day gift.”

Kris raised his left eye brow up.  “What?  Are you serious?”

Nicole nodded her head yes.  She leads him into the kitchen and pulls out a chair for him to sit.

“Nicole…I already made reservation for us.” Kris said trying to explain.

Nicole kissed him on his left cheek and sweetly said, “Well, it looks like you’re going to have to cancel it.”

“But…”

“No more buts…just cancel it.” Nicole instructed as she walks away from him.

Kris sighs as he took his cell phone out and started dialing the restaurant number.  He didn’t want to argue with her and the last thing he wanted to do was piss her off.

As Kris was canceling their dinner reservation, Nicole put a 16oz New York steak on one of the plate with mash potatoes and brown gravy.  She also put a scoopful of fried rice next to the mash potatoes and brought the plate over to Kris.

“Happy Sweetest Day.” Nicole said smiling at him.

Kris eyes widens as he stares at her.  “You…you cook this just for me?”

“Of course!  Ah…I hope you like it.” Nicole nervously said.

Kris gave her the biggest smile ever as he pulls her into his lap and smacks his lips onto hers.

Nicole was quite surprised by his reaction as she wraps her arms around his neck.  They kissed each other passionately for a couple of minutes before she pulled back.

“What was that for?” Nicole asked as she breathed heavily.

“You’re the first girl to ever cook me something to eat…and I’m finding you more attractive because I like girls who can cook.” Kris replied as he kissed her softly on her right cheek.

“Really? “ Nicole cried as her pearly eyes widen.  “Well, taste it first before you say you like my cooking.” 

“How about you feed me?” Kris shyly asked as his face started to turn a little pink.

Nicole giggled, “Okay.”  She was going to get up from his lap, but he wouldn’t let go of her.

“Just sit on my lap.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes.”

Nicole shrugs her shoulders.  “Okay.”  She cut a small chunk of steak and slowly put it his mouth.

Kris chewed on the stake and swallowed it.  He was in heaven!  The stake was delicious!

“Well?  Is it good?” Nicole nervously asked.  She hopes he likes it because if he didn’t, she would be super embarrassed!

Kris his lips together and replied, “This is the best stake I have ever had!”

“Really?”

“Yes.  When did you learn how to cook?”

“I’ve always loved cooking when I was young.  Truthfully, you’re the first guy I have ever cooked for.”

“Is that so?  Well, I’m honored to be the first guy in your life to taste your cooking.  You should consider becoming a chef.”

“You think so?”

“Uh-huh.  China can always use a good chef like you.”

Nicole laughs out loud as she kissed him on his lips.  “We shall see.”

1 hour later

After Kris helped Nicole wash the last piece of dishes, he smiled at her and said, “Shall we get going?”

“Where are we going?”

“I haven’t given you my Sweetest Day gift to you yet.”

“Will I like it?” Nicole teased.

Kris shrugs his shoulders and said, “Let’s go find out.”

“Okay.” Nicole happily cried as she drags him out of the kitchen.  As they were getting ready to put their jackets on, Nana unlocks the front door and stomps her way in.

“I can’t believe Minho forgot to get me something for Sweetest Day!  What a horrible boyfriend I have!  And do I smell food?  Yah!  Did you cook something?  I’m hungry!  Did you save any food for me?  I’m so mad right now!  I can’t…” Nana trails off.

1zuqm8.jpg

“Calm down Nana!” Nicole cried as she walks up to her shaking her shoulders.  “Breathe…just breathe…”

Nana took a few breaths and finally calm down.  “Sorry…I didn’t mean to burst out at you guys like that.  I just needed to vent.”

Before Nicole could say anything, Minho came running up behind Nana cried, “Yah!  Why did you run off like that?!”

Nana turns around and screams, “Get away from me!  I’m so mad at you right now!”

Minho made a face at her and screams back, “I was joking with you!  Did you really think your boyfriend would forget to buy you something for Sweetest Day?”

“Kris…let’s go.” Nicole said pulling his arm.  “Bye guys!”

“Aw…” Kris trails off as Nicole dragged him out the door. 

Nicole quickly closed the door and pulled him away from their dorm.

“Yah…will they be alright?” Kris nervously asked looking back.

Nicole rolls her eyes and replied, “They’ll be fine.  They’re always like that.  I wouldn’t worry about them.”

“I guess…”

“So…where are we going?”

“It’s a secret.”

“Ah…you won’t give me a tiny hint?” Nicole cutely pouted as she batted her eyelashes at him.

“That’s not going to work on me.” Kris laughs as he held her hand. 

Damn!  Oh well.  As least she tried.  She was too busy thinking about where he was going to take her when a group of thugs approached them.

“What a cute girlfriend you got there.” A fat guy said pointing his dirty finger at her.

Nicole flinched as she realized that the group of thugs surrounded them in a circle.  Oh my god!  We’re outnumbered!   

Kris quickly pulled her behind him and snarls,  “What do you want?”

Their leader smirks at him and scoffs, “Let’s see here…your car, money, and…”

“And?” Kris glared at him.

“Your girl.” The leader smiled looking at Nicole up and down.

Kris scoffs and said, “In your dreams.”

Nicole squeezed his arm tightly and stutters, “Kris…I’m scared.” 

“Nicole, don’t be scared.  Close your eyes and count to 100 out loud.” Kris instructed as he slowly lets go of her.

“What?”

“Do you trust me?”

“Yes…but…”

“Get him!” The leader commanded his friends. 

“Start counting now!” Kris yelled as he threw a punch towards one of the thugs.

Nicole quickly squatted down on her knees and shut her eyes tightly.   “1,2,3,…”  She could hear punches and screams of pain as she didn’t dare to open up her eyes. 

“Ah!!!!” Kris shouted in pain.  He fell to the ground and the next thing he knew, he was being punch and kicked.

Nicole opens up her eyes and saw 3 guys kicking and punching Kris on the ground.  Without realizing what she was doing, she quickly ran over to one of the thugs and kicked him in his private part and punched him in his face as hard as she could.  Omo!  That hurt!  She ignores the pain as she watches the thug screamed in pain as he holds onto his private part with both of his hands falling to the ground.

“Leave him alone!” Nicole cried as she quickly jumps on top of the second thug who continued to kick Kris in the stomach.  She gripped her arms around his neck tightly choking him as hard as she could.  The thug violently tries to throw her off his back but she tightened her grip even more.  Suddenly she felt a pair of strong hands pulling her hair back which caused her to let go of the thug.

“What a strong girl you are!” One of his friends cried as he threw her down to the hard ground.

Thump!  Nicole’s face hit the hard cement. 

“Nicole!” Kris cried as he tried to get up but was knocked down by another punch from one of the thugs.

“Get his money!” Their leader demanded.

Before one of the thugs could reach in for his wallet, he heard many footsteps running towards them.

“Ah!!!!” One of the thugs shouted as he fell down to the ground.

Kris opens up his left eye and saw Lay throwing a few hard punches in the thug’s face, meanwhile Lu Han and Min Seok were seen fighting with the other thugs.  He saw Nicole slowly moving her body. 

“Nicole…” Kris painfully moans.

Nicole slowly lifts her head up and looked over at Kris.  He had one eye open and what scared her was that his face was filled with blood.  She started crying as she crawled over to him.  She slowly lifts him up and held him into her arms.  “Kris…”

Kris tried to smile at her but he was in too much pain.  Nicole’s face started to slowly fade away and the only thing he remembered hearing was, “Kris…I love you.”

2 hours later

Nana, Seohyun, Minho, and Jinwoon headed straight to the hospital as soon as they heard what happen to Nicole and Kris.  Minho drove like a manic down to the hospital causing everyone to have a heart attack.

“Yah!  You’re going to kill us!” Jinwoon shouted as he grips his hands onto his seat belt tightly.

“Shut up!  Our best friend is in the hospital.” Minho hollers backs.

“Babe!  Slow down!  You’re going to get us into a car accident!” Nana cried covering her eyes.

“Yah!  The speed limit is only 25!” Seohyun yelled.

Minho ignores their rants as he pulls into the parking lot.  As soon as he parked his car, the four of them jumped out and ran straight towards the emergency room.

“There she is!” Nana said as she pointed her finger down the hallway. 

tumblr_m6qsgjimD41qgjyruo1_500.gif

Nicole was seen sitting in between Lay and Lu Han meanwhile Min Seok was seen pacing back and forth.

“Nicole!” Jinwoon shouted as they ran towards them.

Nicole looks up and saw her four best friends running towards her with a worried expression on their faces. 

“Omo!  Nicole!  What happened?” Seohyun cried as she hugs her tightly.

“Yah…what happened?” Minho asks looking at Lu Han.

“Your pretty face is all bruised up.” Nana said lightly brushing Nicole’s forehead.  “Are you okay?”

Tears were now falling down Nicole’s rosy cheeks as she shook her head no. 

“This is what happened…” Lu Han explains.

30 minutes later

The doctor finally came out of the room and said, “Your friend will be alright.  He has a few broken ribs…other than that, he should be able to recover in a few weeks.”

“May we go in and see him?” Lu Han asked.

“Only one person can go in and see him at a time.” The doctor replied.

Everyone looked at each other and Nicole quickly stood up and said, “Let me go see him.”

“But…” Lay trails off.

Min Seok quickly said, “Go ahead Nicole.  We can wait.”

“Thank you.” Nicole said as she walks into the room.

“Gosh…I can’t believe our campus has thugs here!  Whatever happened to our security?  I thought living on campus was supposed to be safe?” Nana questions as she squeezes Minho’s hand tighter.

Minho sighs as he squeezes her hand back.  “After what happened to Kris and Nicole, I don’t you to go anywhere without me…you got that?”

Nana nodded her head yes.  She was happy hear her man say that to her.

Lay sighs, “It’s a good thing we came to their rescue, otherwise who knows what would have happened to them.”

“I don’t even want to think about that.” Seohyun said as she stares at him.  “I’m very grateful that you guys came in time to help them.”

Min Seok nodded his head and gave her a tiny smile.  “Yeah…best friends look out for each other.”

As Nicole enters the room, she walked over to his bed and kissed him softly on his lips.  Tears started dripping down her cheeks like a waterfall as she noticed that there were many cuts and bruises all over his handsome face.

“You shouldn’t have gotten me anything for Sweetest Day.  If we would have stayed back at the dorm, none of this would have happened.  I’m so sorry.” Nicole said as she continued to cry.  His eyes remain closed as she continues, “You put your life on the line for me.  We’re not even dating, yet you still protected me.  Thank you Kris…thank you very much.  When you wake up, the only Sweetest Day gift I want from you is to be my boyfriend.”

Knock!  Knock!  Knock!

Nicole quickly wipes her tears away and saw the doctor and nurse coming in. 

“I’m sorry miss, but you’re going to have to leave.  You and your friends may come back tomorrow and visit him.  Right now, he needs lots of rest.” The doctor said.

Nicole nodded her head yes and turns around to look at Kris one more time.  She leans down and kissed him on his forehead and quietly said, “I’ll be back tomorrow morning with some soup.  I won’t ever leave your side again…have a good-night my love.”

As soon as Nicole left the room, Kris slowly opens up his eyes and smiles to himself. 

“Thank you Nicole…thank you.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guy!  I'm so sorry for making you guys wait.  I'm hoping this chapter will make up for it.  What did you guy think of this chapter?  Please comment!  I really want your feedbacks! :D