Chapter 4-The Date

My Secret Love

“Omo!  Omo!  Omo!” Lu Han shouted excitedly as he shook Lay’s right shoulder.  “Kris just kissed her!”

Lay rolls his eyes.  “Big deal.”

Min Seok raised his left eye brow up.  “Big deal?  It looks like Nicole is ready to kick his .”

All three boys’ turns their attention back to the front stage just in time to witness Nicole kicking Kris in his right shin.

“Ah!” Kris shouted.  “What was that for?”

The entire audience roars with laughter as Nicole cried, “How dare you kiss me!  Did I give you permission to kiss me?”

Kris scoffs as he smirks, “That was just a peck on your forehead.”

Nicole made a face at him.  “It doesn’t matter!  Unless you’re my boyfriend, I don’t allow anyone to kiss me like that.” 

Before Kris could say anything back, Nicole marched off the stage.  Kris quickly bows to the audience and chased after her.

“Did you see the look on Nicole’s face?  It was priceless!” Seohyun exclaims.

“Kris should really watch what he does to Nicole.” Jinwoon said making a face. 

Seohyun raised her right eye brow up.  “Why do you say that oppa?”

Jinwoon scoffs, “She looked really uncomfortable when he kissed her like that…especially in front of a large crowd like this.”

“Not to mention, no guys have ever kissed her before, so can imagine how upset she is right now?” Minho added.  

“Truthfully, I think Nicole kind of liked it.” Nana finally spoke up.

All three of them turned to look at her.

“What makes you say that?” Minho questions.

Nana shrugs her shoulders.  “My gut feeling just tells me that she enjoyed it.”

“Nicole!” Kris shouted as he grabs onto her left arm.

“Yah!  Don’t touch me!” Nicole cried as she yanks her arm out of his grip.

“Can we talk?” Kris pleaded. “Please?”

Nicole bit her lower lip as she glared at him.  “What’s there to talk about?”

“Can you not look at me with those cold eyes?”

Nicole scoffs as she crossed her arms in front of her chest.  “What do you want Kris?”

“Look…I’m sorry I kissed you back there.”

“Why did you do it?” Nicole demanded.

Kris blushed as he mutters, “Because I like you.”

“What?  I can’t hear you?”

“I said I kissed you because I LIKE YOU.” Kris said speaking louder.

Nicole’s eyes widen as she froze.  What?  He likes her!  Omo! 

“You must have cast a spell on me or something because all I know is that I really like you.”

Nicole let out a small laugh.  “How can you say you like me when you don’t even know me?”

Kris shrugs his shoulders.  “All I know is that I like you.  I find you very attractive.”

Nicole blushes as she mutters, “Thank you.”

“So…can I pick you up tomorrow at 8:00am?”

“8:00am?  Isn’t that a bit too early?”

Kris shook his head no.  “I want to make my money worth it.  I get you for an entire day.”

Nicole thought about it for a moment and realized that he was right.  He did bid her for $1,000.00 and it wouldn’t be fair to him if he only had her for half of the day.  She smiled at him and said, “8:00 am is fine with me.”

“Perfect.  I’ll see you bright and early tomorrow morning.” Kris happily said as he winks at her.

tumblr_m4wsg6qssf1rs97fco1_500.gif

Nicole blush as she tried not to smile.  She loved his wink!  Calm down women!  Don’t let him know that you’re interested in him!

“Ah...may I sit with you at dinner tonight?” Kris shyly asked.

Nicole’s eyes widen as she quickly nodded her head yes.  Wait a minute!  Why did she agree so quickly?

“Awesome!  I’ll see you at dinner.” Kris smiled as he started walking away from her.

“Kris!” Nicole cried.

Kris turns around and smiled.  “Yeah?”

“Ah…thanks.”

“For what?”

“For bidding on me.” Nicole shyly replied as she gave him a tiny smile.

Kris his bottom lip with his tongue and smirks, “You’re welcome.  Like I said earlier…you’re mine.”

Dinner Time (6:00pm)

Everyone sat next to each other with their mouths wide open as they stared at Kris and Nicole.  They were happily talking to each other as if they were boyfriend and girlfriend, and every now and then Nicole would feed him with some of her food.

Nana couldn’t take it anymore and blurted out, “Yah!  Are you two dating?”

Nicole turns to look at Nana and let out a small laugh.  “No…what makes you say that?”

“Don’t you dare lie to us Jung Nicole!” Seohyun cried as she pounded her left hand on the table.

“We’re not dating!” Nicole truthfully answers.  “Right Kris?”

Kris nodded his head in agreement but quickly added, “Not yet.”

Lay raised his left eye brow up.  “Not yet?”

Nicole blushes as she stutters, “Stop joking around Kris.”

“Nicole is blushing!” Minho teased.

Jinwoon observed her face and started chuckling.  “You’re right dude.  She is blushing!”

“Shut up!” Nicole cried as she quickly kicks Jinwoon underneath the table.

“Ouch!  Yah!  What was that for?” Jinwoon cried.

Lu Han laugh out loud as Seohyun started giggling.

“By the way Kris, I didn’t know you were loaded with money.  You must be from a wealthy family right?” Minho asked.

Kris smiled and nodded his head yes. 

Nicole’s eyes widen as she quietly chews on her apple.  Not only is he rich, but he’s handsome and smart too!

“What do your parents do for a living?” Nana questions as she takes a bite out of her grill cheese sandwich.

“My dad is a professor at a University and mom owns a restaurant in Canada.” Kris replied.

“What does your dad teach?” Seohyun asks.

“My dad teaches English.”

“English?  Cool!” Nana exclaims.

“Maybe you should have his dad teach you some English.” Minho teased as he tickles her.  "Your English is pretty horrible."

“Stop it baby!” Nana laughed and made a face at him as she playfully hits him on his chest.  “Why would I have his dad teach me English when Nicole can teach me?  She speaks fluent English.”

“Omo…you’re right.  I forgot that Nicole was from the States.” Minho said as he wraps his right arm around Nana.

Nicole rolls her eyes at him.  “Do you have all-timers or something?  I can't believe you forgot that I'm from the States!”

Everyone burst out laughing as Minho’s flushes with embarassment.  “Yah!  I was just kidding!”

“Sure you were.” Jinwoon teased as he took a bite out of his banana.

“You have something on your lip.” Kris said pointing at a few crumbs that were stuck on the side of her lower lip.

Omo!  How embarrassing!  Nicole quickly wipes her lips with her hands and turns to look at him.  “Is it gone?”

Kris shook his head no and said, “Stay still.  I’ll wipe it off for you.”

Nicole felt her heart beating fast as Kris placed his right hand on her lower lip and gently brushes off the crumbs using his thumb.  He smiled at her as he stares into her glittering eyes.

“Aw…how cute!” Seohyun gushes.

Nicole quickly backed away from him and shot Seohyun a dirty look.  “Be quite Seohyun.”

Jinwoon let out a small laugh.  “It looks like someone is getting fluster here.”

Nicole could feel her face burning up as she mutters, “Shut up Jinwoon.”

Lay let out a small laugh and joined in on the teasing.  “Nicole…you’re blushing again.”

Lu Han looks over at her and nodded his head in agreement.  “You must be hot…right?”

“Yah!  Why are you guys gaining up on me?” Nicole pouted as she crossed her arms in front of her chest.

Everyone started laughing as they continued to eat their dinner.  Although she didn’t mind them teasing her, she was secretly happy that Kris was interested in her and as much as she hated to admit this, she was starting to fall for him.

Saturday (Han’s Carnival 7:45 am)

“Why are you up so early?” Nana yawns as she walks out of her bedroom.  She plops onto the sofa and stares at Nicole.

“Kris is picking me up at 8:00 am.” Nicole replied as she fixes her hair.

“Why so early?  The carnival doesn’t open until 10:00am.” Nana explains.

“Well, he buy me for $1,000.00...so I want to make it worth while for him.”

Nana gave her an evil smile and asks, “You like him…don’t you?”

Nicole froze as she bit her lips.  “Ah…”

“Omo!  Omo!  Omo!  You DO like him!” Nana shouted as she jumps off the sofa.  She quickly ran over to Nicole and hugs her tightly.  “My best friend isn’t a lesbian after all!  You do like boys!”

“Yah!  How dare you say that about me?” Nicole cried as she tries to break away from her.

“What’s all the fuss about?” Seohyun mutters as she opens up her bedroom door. 

“Seohyun!  Nicole likes Kris!  She’s not a lesbian!” Nana happily shouted as she let go of her.

Seohyun eyes widen and screamed.  “Omo!  Are you serious?!  Yah!  When did you start developing feelings for Kris?”  She ran towards Nicole and grabbed her shoulders.  “Start talking young lady!”

“Stop it you guys!” Nicole laughed as she tries to escape from them.

Seohyun and Nana quickly tackled Nicole to the ground and started wrestling with her.

“You guys are going to ruin my hair!” Nicole cried as she tries to push them off of her.

“Start talking or else we won’t get off.” Seohyun demanded.

“Okay…okay…I’ll talk.” Nicole said as she tried to sit up. 

Knock!  Knock!  Knock!

“I’ll get it!” Nana quickly yelled as she got up to open the door.  “Hi Kris!”

Kris smiled at her and greeted back, “Hi Nana.”

tumblr_m1ggxqgxUj1qf37tvo1_250.gif

“Come on in…we were just wrestling with Nicole.” Nana said pulling him inside their dorm.

Nicole’s hair was all messed up and Seohyun was seen lying on her belly.

“Kris…help me.” Nicole pleaded as she stretches her right arm out to him.

“No way!  You have to tell us first!” Seohyun shouted as she glared at Kris.  “Don’t come any closer Kris.”

“Fine…I do.” Nicole quietly said.

“You do what?” Seohyun said.

Nicole’s face started to turn red.  “Yah!  I already said I do.  Now get off me.”

“That’s not a good enough answer.  You do what?” Seohyun repeated herself.

Nana laughed out loud and said, “You know Seohyun isn’t going to get off until you say it loud and clear,”

Kris looked at all of them confused.  “Ah…am I missing something here?”

Damn you Nana and Seohyun!  Nicole knew Nana was right so she quietly mumbles, “I like Kris.”

“What?  I can’t hear you.” Seohyun smirks.  “Louder please!  I want everyone in this room to hear you.”

“I said I LIKE KRIS!” Nicole shouted at the top of her lungs.

Kris smiled widely at Nicole as she avoids looking at him.  She likes him too!  He couldn’t believe it!  He felt like jumping up and down right now.

Nana and Seohyun burst out laughing. 

“Yah…get off her Seohyun.” Nana commanded as she helps Nicole up.

Nicole’s face was now as red as a tomato.  “Uh…let’s get going.”

Kris chuckled to himself as he nodded his head.  He followed Nicole out the door and before Nana could shut the door, she teased, “Nicole!  Remember to keep your hands to yourself!”

“And don’t forget kiss him!  We’ll see you at the carnival!” Seohyun added.

Kris laughed out loud as Nicole slaps her right hand on her forehead.  She was going to kill them both tonight!  How dare they embarrass her in front of Kris! 

“Shall we get going?” Kris asked as he held his left hand out to her.

image

Nicole raised her left eye brow up as she stared at his hand.  “Ah…”

Without waiting for her to finish her sentence, he grabs her right hand and started pulling her towards his car.

“Yah!  Did I say you can hold my hand?” Nicole cried as she tries to let go.

“No…but I want to hold your hand.” Kris replied as he tightened his grip.

Nicole sighs as she instantly gives up.  Escaping from him will do her no good so she decided to just go with the flow.

“Kris?”

“Hm?”

“Why don’t we just walk to the carnival?  It’s only a few blocks away.”

“I don’t plan on being at the carnival all day.”

“What?”

“I want to spend time with you somewhere else.”

“Yah!  If you plan on me, I don’t want to go anywhere with you!”

Kris turns to look at her and scoffs.  “Why would I you?  I’m not that kind of a guy.”

Nicole started to feel a little bit better after hearing him say that.  She gave him a tiny smile as she continues to hold his hand.  His hand felt so warm that it automatically warmed her heart.  She lean a little bit closer to him as they continue to walk towards his car.

“Kris?”

“Yeah?”

“Since you’re a foreign exchanged student, why do you have a car?”

“My grandparents just brought me one because they know I like to travel on the road a lot.”

“Omo!  They’re so generous!  What do your grandparents do for a living?”

“My grandpa works for Toyota and my grandma owns a flower shop.”

Wow!  His grandparents must be rich too!  Nicole thought to herself.

As they reached his car, Nicole’s eyes widen.  “Omo!  Is this your car?”

“Yup.  It’s a Scion FR-S.”

“It’s very nice…and it looks super expensive too!”

Kris smiled as he opens up the door for her. 

What a gentlemen!  Nicole thought to herself as she smiles back at him.  “Thank you.”   

“You’re welcome.”

As soon as Kris got into his car, he turns to look at her and smiles. “Did you have breakfast yet?”

Nicole shook her head no.

“May I take you out for breakfast?” Kris shyly asks.

Nicole was surprised by his shyness and polite manners.  “Sure!”

“Cool…ah…where do you want to go?”

“Anywhere is fine with me.”

“Okay…how about IHop?  They have the best pancakes there.”

“Sure!  I haven’t eaten there for such a long time.”

“Coolbeans.”

image

30 minutes later

“Yummy!  This is so good!” Nicole exclaims as she takes a big bite out of her chocolate chip pancake.

“I’m glad you like it.” Kris said as he slices up his strawberry French toast.

“So Kris…what are your plans after graduation?”

Kris thought for a minute and finally replied, “I want to stay in South Korea for a while.”

Nicole raised her right eye brow up.  “Really?  Why?”

“Many reasons.”

“Like what?  Give me one reason.”

“I want to create some memories here before I leave.”

“Really?  What kind of memories do you want to create?”

Kris leans his head forward and smirks, “I want to create some romantic memories with you.”

Nicole chokes on her food as she started coughing.  She quickly takes a sip of her orange juice and glared at him with her pearly eyes.  “Yah!  Quit joking around like that.”

Kris scoffs as he stares back at her with his electric eyes.  “What makes you think I’m joking?  I already told you that I like you.  What more do you want from me?”

Nicole scoffs back and replies, “What makes you think I like you?”

“You admitted yourself back at the dorm in front of Nana, Seohyun, and I.”

Omo!  How could she forget?  You dummy!  She could feel her face burning up with embarrassment as she mutters, “Ah…yeah…”

“May I ask you something personal?”

“Well…since you asked me politely, sure…ask away.”

“What’s the reason why you don’t believe in love?”

Nicole froze as she stared at him.  Should she tell him?  “I…”

Kris seemed to have notice that she was starting to get a little uncomfortable answering him so he smiled at her and said, “You can trust me.  I won’t say anything to anyone.  I’m not that type of guy who gossips...unlike my friends.”

Nicole let out a small laugh.  “I didn’t know your friends gossip?”

“They like to talk about everything and anything.”

“That’s nice to know.  I’ll remember not to tell your friends anything personal about me.”

Kris laughs as he nodded his head in agreement.

“Although we just became friends, my heart is telling me that I can trust you.  So…I’ll tell you why I don’t believe in love.  While growing up in the States, I witness my parents constantly fighting day and night.  There were times when they would physically and verbally hurt each other.  My parents finally divorce each other when I was 12 years-old and I ended up living with my mom.”

“What caused them to fight all the time?”

“........me.”     

“You?  Why would they fight about you?”

“My dad hated the fact that I was born as a girl and not a boy.  He loved me and all, but he would always nag my mom for wanting more kids and my mom refused.  Eventually, my dad ended up cheating on my mom with one of his co-workers and when my mom found out, all hell broke loose.”

“Your dad cheated on your mom because she wouldn’t give him any more kids?”

“Yup.  I was pretty mad at my dad for doing that to my mom.  I watch my mom cry day and night and it broke my heart, that’s why I vowed to myself to never fall in love with anybody.  I don’t ever want to experience that kind of pain.”

“Not all guys are bad.” Kris said making a face at her.

“I know, but still…I would rather avoid it than experience it.”

“What happens if you end up falling in love with me?”

Nicole’s eyes widen as he winks at her.  Her heart fluttered as she quickly looks away from him.  “That will never happen.”

Kris leans towards her and smirks, “How do you know?  You already said you like me.”

Nicole scoffs as she turns her attention back at him.  “Just because I said I like you doesn’t mean I’m going to fall in love with you.”

You will sooner or later Kris thought to himself as he smiled at her. 

10:00 am (Han’s Carnival)

“Omo!  Let’s go over there!” Nicole happily said as she pulls Kris by his left arm towards a balloon stall.

“Step right up!  Get 5 darts for $3.00!  Pop this balloon and try to win this 12 inch panda bear!” The man shouted.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRTMqq7WWZLahA-ObKLCGE

Nicole quickly dug into her purse and pulled out $3.00.  “Here you go.”

The man smiled at Nicole and handed her 5 darts.  She wanted the 12 inch panda bear really bad so she could snuggle up with it when she went to bed.  She threw the darts one by one and couldn’t pop the balloon.  Talk about bad aim!  This is totally embarrassing!  There were people standing nearby pointing their fingers at her whispering and laughing.   

Kris chuckled to himself as Nicole made a face.  “You want to win that panda bear that badly?”

Nicole turns to look at him and nodded her head yes.  She quickly pulls out more money and handed it to the man.  After 20 minutes of trying to pop the balloon, she realized that she had used up all of her money.  Great!  Now I’m broke!

“You may pick any prizes from here.” The man said pointing at the smaller prizes.

Nicole bit her lower lip as she scans through the smaller prizes.  After five minutes of looking around, she finally picked out a small green dinosaur stuff animal.    

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ7kRXvNEeOb1B0p0q6VY1

“Excuse me sir, but I would like to give it a try.” Kris suddenly said as he pulls out $3.00.

“No problem young man.” The man happily said as he took the money from him.  He handed 5 darts to him and smiled, “Good luck!”

“Yah…if I can’t pop that balloon, what makes you think you can pop it?” Nicole questions as she stares at him.

Kris smiled at her and replied, “I have better aim than you.”

Nicole scoffs as she rolls her eyes at him.  “I bet you anything you won’t be able to pop it.”

Kris raised his left eye brow up.  “Is that so?  Let’s make a bet then.”

Nicole’s eyes brighten up and nodded her head yes.  “I love making bets!  If you can’t pop that balloon, then you have to treat me to lunch and dinner today.”

Kris let out a small laugh as he nodded his head in agreement.  “If I pop the balloon, you have to kiss me on the lips in front of everybody here.”

Omo!  Was he serious?  The thought of kissing him on the lips made her heart fluttered.  She could feel her face slowly burning up as she continues to stare at him.  What should she say?

“Well?  Are you up for it?” Kris patiently asked.  He could sense that she was in deep thoughts.

A smile curved on her face and nodded her head in agreement.  If she couldn’t pop the balloon, there was no chance in hell that he was able to do it.  She had nothing to worry about!  Duh!  Jung Nicole, you can be so stupid sometimes!

Kris was somewhat taken back by her agreeing to it.  He winks at her and threw his first dart.  The dart miss by an inch.  Damn it!  He had missed popping the balloon with the next three darts and he was down to his last one. 

“Good luck.” Nicole said smiling knowing that he was going to miss again. 

Kris scoffs as he threw his last dart and magically popped the balloon.  “Yes!”

“Hoorary!” The man excitedly shouted.  “This young man has won the 12 inch panda bear!”

Everyone around him started cheering and clapping.  Nicole couldn’t believe her eyes!  No freaking way!  How the hell did he do that?

The man handed Kris the 12 inch panda bear and said, “Congratulations young man.  You are my first customer in 20 years to win this.  I’m very proud of you.”

“Thank you.” Kris said accepting the 12 inch panda bear.  He turns to look at Nicole and smiled widely at her.  “I believe you owe me a kiss.”

Nicole blushed as she stutters, “N-now?  Yah!  I’ll kiss you later.”

Kris scoffs and smirks, “No way.  A bet is a bet.”

Everyone around her started chanting “Kiss!  Kiss!  Kiss!”

Kris stared at her and waited patiently for his kiss as Nicole stood still.  “I’m waiting.”

Nicole sighs to herself as she slowly walks towards him.  If she was to back out on her words she would be ashamed of herself.  Did she want to kiss him?  Hell yeah she did!  She stood face to face with him and wrapped her arms around his neck.  She slowly pulls her face towards him and kissed him softly on his lips with her eyes wide open.  She could hear people around them giggling at her.  Why are they laughing at me?  Was she a horrible kisser? 

“Why is she kissing him with her eyes open?”

“Is she nervous?”

“What a weird girlfriend he has.” 

Was she supposed to close her eyes when she kissed?  Before she could pull back from him, he drops the panda bear on the ground and wrapped his arms around her waist.  He kissed her passionately as she stood still.  She finally closes her eyes as she kissed him back.  She felt fireworks exploding through her body as his kisses became stronger and hungrier. 

“Yah!  Is...is that Nicole?  Omo!  She’s making out with Kris!” Nana excitedly cried as she pointed her finger at them.

Minho, Jinwoon, and Seohyun all turns to look and all of their jaws drop. 

“Holy mother of pearl!  Nicole is actually kissing a boy!” Jinwoon exclaims as he quickly took out his cell phone.  He took a few pictures and smiled.  “This is definitely going up on my Twitter account!”

“No way!  Our Nicole is finally growing up!” Minho laughed.  “I’m so proud of her!”

“She has a lot of explaining to do!” Seohyun said as she started to walk towards them.

Jinwoon quickly pulls her back and hiss, “Yah!  They’re too busy making out.  Leave them alone.  I’m sure they don’t want to be disturbed right now.”

“We’re talking about Nicole here!  She doesn’t like boys…remember?” Seohyun reminded him.

“I know…but it’s better if we ask them later.  If they deny it, I’ll just show them the pictures that I took of them making out.” Jinwoon explains.

“Jinwoon’s right.” Nana said nodding her head.  “Let’s get out of sight before they see us.”

“But…” Seohyun trails off.

“Baby, hurry up.  Let’s go.” Jinwoon said pulling her away.  “Let’s go get some cotton candy.”

“Fine.” Seohyun mutters as she turns to look at Nicole and Kris one last time.

After five minutes of making out, Nicole slowly pulls back from him and breathed heavily.  I think I’m in heaven!  He is such a good kisser!  She couldn’t help but smile like a fool in front of him.

Kris scratches his neck and shyly apologized, “I’m sorry.  I got a little carried away.  I…I…I just wanted to kiss you so badly.”

Omo!  He is so cute when he is shy!  That made her liked him even more.  “Ah…don’t worry about it.  I…I kind of like it.”

Kris smiled at her and said, “Can I kiss you again?”

Nicole blushed as she looks away from him.  “Ah…I…”

“Hi Kris!” Victoria said appearing out of nowhere along with Max. 

Kris politely greeted back, “Hello Victoria.  Hello Max.”

Max smile and nodded his head back.  “What’s up?”

“Not much.  Did you guys just get here?” Kris asked as he picks up the panda bear from the ground.

Victoria gave him a cute smile.  “Yup.  Omo!  That’s a huge panda bear!  Did you win that?”

Kris nodded his head yes.  “It only cost me $3.00.”

“$3.00?  Nice!” Max said as he put his left arm around Victoria.  “Do you want me to win you one?”

Victoria quickly shook Max’s arm off her and gave him a dirty look.  “Yah!  Please don’t touch me.” 

Max looked a little hurt but he quickly clears his throat as he smiled at her.  “Don’t be like that now.  I won you fair and square at the auction.”

Victoria rolls her eyes at him.  “Yeah…but that doesn’t mean you have the right to touch me.”

Max scoffs as he crossed his arms in front of his chest.  Victoria ignores him and turns her attention back to Kris.  “Do you plan on giving anyone that panda bear?”

“As a matter of fact I do.  Here you go Nicole.” Kris replied as he handed her the 12 inch panda bear.

“What?  Omo…are you serious?” Nicole asked in surprised.  She wasn’t expecting him to give her anything at all.

Kris gave her warm smile that melted her heart.  “Yup.  I won this just for you.   Please take it.”

Nicole squeals with happiness as she threw her arms around his neck.  In the corner of her eye, she saw Victoria glaring at her with jealousy and anger.  She quickly kissed him on the lips and said, “Thank you oppa.  You’re the best!”

Kris eyes widen as she kissed him on the lips again.  He wasn’t expecting that from her at all.  He felt as if his heart was ready to burst out from his chest.  What made him even happier was that she had called him oppa!

“Yah!  How dare you kiss him!” Victoria angrily shouted as she pointed her finger at Nicole.

Nicole turns her attention back at Victoria and gives her an evil smile.  Ha!  This is what you get for not picking me on the dance team!  To make Victoria even angrier, she sweetly said, “Kris and I are dating…didn’t you know that?”

Kris quickly turns to look at Nicole with his eyes wide open.  Omo!  Was she serious?  He blushes as Nicole wrapped her arms around his muscular waist and started rubbing her right hand up and down on his hard rock abs. 

“What?!” Victoria shouted in disbelief.  She looks at Kris and stutters, “Is…is true Kris?  Are you really dating her?”

Kris nodded his head yes and wrapped his right arm around her shoulder.  “It’s true.”

Nicole could see flames bursting out of Victoria’s eyes as she storms away from them with Max chasing her behind.  She let out an evil laugh and pulls away from Kris.  That should teach her a lesson to never mess with me!

“Thank you so much for playing along Kris.  I owe you one.” Nicole said pinching him on his left cheek.

“What?  I thought you were serious?  I really thought you wanted to be my girlfriend.” Kris said with a huge disappointment. 

Did he really think she was serious?  Nicole gulps as she nervously scratches her neck.  “Ah…I…”

Kris sighs as he shook his head and started walking away from her.  He felt stupid and embarrassed for thinking that she really wanted to be with him.  Why was she playing hard to get?  How many times did he have to tell her that he like her? 

“Yah!  Wait for me Kris!” Nicole cried as she tries to catch up with him.

Kris stops walking but doesn’t turn around.  He was already feeling gloomily about them not being a couple.

Nicole sighs to herself and scratches her head.  It wasn’t that she didn’t like Kris; she just wasn’t ready to date yet.  Did she hurt his feelings?  You dummy!  You shouldn’t be playing with other people’s heart! 

“Let’s get something to eat.” Kris coldly said not turning his head around.

Nicole was shock and surprise by his tone of voice.  “Listen Kris…”

“What do you want to eat?  I’ll pay for us.” Kris asked with his cold voice.

For some odd reason, it hurt her that he wasn’t looking at her while he was talking.

“Well?” Kris impatiently asks.

“Ah…anything is fine with me.” Nicole answers as she stood behind him. 

Before Kris could turn around to say something to her, he felt her arms wrapped tightly around his waist from behind.  He felt her lean her head on his back and said, “I’m sorry Kris.  I really like you…but I’m not ready to be your girlfriend yet.”

“Why not?”

“I really want to get to know you first…is that alright with you?”

Kris slowly turns around and cups her face with both of his hands.  He stared into her shiny eyes and smiled.  “If that is the case, then will you go on a couple of dates with me?  That way you’ll know what kind of a person I am.”

Nicole returns the smile and says, “I would love to!  Please don’t be mad at me.  I really want to get to know you first before I commit to you.  Please be patient with me.”

Kris kissed her softly on her forehead and said, “That’s fine with me, but can you promise me something?”

“It depends on what it is.”

“Promise me that you’ll give me a chance?  I want to be the only one to show you what love are all about.”

Nicole nodded her head yes and said, “I promise.”

Kris smiled widely at her and quickly planted a small kiss on her soft lips.  “Can I still kiss you every now and then since we’re not dating yet?”

Nicole thought to herself as she teased, “It depends…”

“On what?”

“On how well you treat me.”

Kris let out a small laugh and says, “You don’t have to worry about that.  I’m a gentlemen and I can promise you that I will always treat you like a princess.”

“A princess huh?”

“Yup.”

“Your princess is very hungry right now.  She can sure go for some chilly cheese nachos.” Nicole teased.

“Hm…chilly cheese nachos does sound good right now.  Come on…let’s go.” Kris said holding her hand. 

3:00pm

“There they are!” Nana shouted as she pointed to Nicole and Kris.  They were seen hugging each other near a food tent.

Minho raised his left eye brow up.  “Damn…I think they’re dating!”

Jinwoon rubs his eyes with his hands to make sure that he wasn’t dreaming.  “Yup…I think so too.”

“Nicole!” Seohyun shouted as she waves her hand at them.

Nicole turns to look around and saw her best friends running towards them.  She waves back to them but doesn’t let go of Kris.  She didn’t care if they bombard her with questions.  Right now, all she knew was that she was very happy being in his arms.

“Yah!  Where have you guys been all day?” Nana questions as she approaches them.

“Were you guys avoiding us?” Jinwoon asked as he smirks.

Minho scoffs as he narrows his eyes at them.  “What’s going on between you guys?”

image

“You guys have a lot of explaining to do.” Seohyun said as she smiles widely at them.

Nicole and Kris started giggling as they nodded their head. 

30 minutes later

“So…when are you guys going to make it official?” Minho asked as he wraps his left arm around Nana’s waist.

“Whenever Nicole is ready.” Kris honestly replied.

“Just date already!” Seohyun pouted as she squeezes Jinwoon’s hand.  “You guys obviously like each other.”

“Yeah…but I don’t want to rush into anything.” Nicole said.  “I want to take things slowly.”

“Oh yeah?  How slow?” Minho teased.

Nicole stuck her tongue out at him and laughs.  “Very slow!”

“Anyways, I think Nicole and I are going to head out.” Kris suddenly said.

“What?  You guys are leaving already?  Aren’t you guys going to stay for the fireworks?” Nana questions as she raised her left eye brow up at Nicole.

Nicole shook her head no and replies, “Kris has other plans for us.”

“Oh yeah?  Yah!  If you plan on Nicole, I’m going to…” Seohyun trails off.

Kris burst out laughing as he quickly shook his head no.  “I would never do that to her.  If anything, she would be the one me!”

Everyone started laughing as Nicole scoffs, “Yah!  Quit teasing me!  You would probably enjoy it if I you!”

Kris stops laughing and gave her an evil smile.  “You’re right…I probably would.”

“Ah!  You ert!” Nicole cried as she playfully hits his chest.

“Where are you guys going?” Minho asked.  He didn’t want to sound nosy but Nicole was his best friend and he just wanted to make sure that Kris wasn’t going to take her anywhere far just in case he would do something bad to her.    

“I’m going to take Nicole out to eat at Asian Garden Buffet.” Kris replied.

“Omo!  I could go for some Chinese food right now too!” Jinwoon quickly said as he gave Minho the “LOOK” as in let’s go with them just in case anything happens.

Minho got the hint right away and suggested, “I second to that.  How about we all go together?”

“But we just ate.” Nana said as she gave Minho a weird look.  “You’re hungry again?”

“Oppa, you just had 5 chilly cheese hot dogs and you want to eat more?  Are you insane?” Seohyun cried.

“Hey, I’m hungry again.” Jinwoon lied.

“Me too.  How about it guys?  May we join you guys for dinner at Asian Garden Buffet?” Minho kindly asked.

Nicole frowns at him.  Truthfully, she was hoping it would be just the two of them but she knew Minho and Jinwoon too well.  They just wanted to tag along just in case Kris would do something bad to her. 

Kris smiled at them and happily replied, “Sure!  The more the merrier!  I’ll call up Lay, Lu Han, and Min Seok to join us too.”

“I…I…guess.” Nicole mutters as she threw Jinwoon and Minho a dirty look.

Minho and Jinwoon grins at Nicole as they innocently smiled back at her.

“What’s with the sour face Nicole?” Nana asked as she observed her face.

“What sour face?” Nicole quickly said as she faked a smile.  “I’m just very happy that you guys can join us for dinner.”

Seohyun knew she was lying from her tone of voice.  She also notice that Minho and Jinwoon kept grinning at each other.  Those bastards!  Nicole wants to spend some time alone with Kris and they were purposely ruining it for her.

“Oppa, I really don’t want to go.  I think Nana and I will stay here until the carnival is over.” Seohyun sweetly said as she smiles at him.

“We are?” Nana said making a face at her.

“Yup.” Seohyun quickly said as she gave her the “LOOK” as in Do-As-I-Say-Or-Else.

Nana got the hint and turns to look at Minho.  “Baby, I think I’m going to stay with Seohyun.  I’m not hungry either.”

“What?!” Minho pouted.  “Are you serious?  I’ll pay for us.”

“Yeah…and I’ll for you honey.” Jinwoon pleaded as he kissed her cheek.

“Sorry oppa.  I don’t want to go.” Seohyun said as she stares into his small eyes.

“Damn…look at those hot girls.” A couple handsome boys pointed to Nana and Seohyun as they walked pass them.

Nana winks at them smiled widely at them.  She turns to look at Minho and said, “Oppa…do you really want me to stay here by myself?”

Minho glared at the group of handsome boys and both of his hands quickly curled up into a tight fist.  If Jinwoon and him left with Kris and Nicole, their girlfriends were bound to get hit on by other guys.

Jinwoon must have sense it too as he quickly said, “You know what?  I’m suddenly not hungry anymore.  I think I’m going to stay.”

Minho quickly mutters, “Yeah…me too.  I think I’m going to stay.”

Nicole smiled brightly at Seohyun and quietly mouth “Thank you!”

Seohyun let out a small giggle and quickly said, “You guys better get going before you hit traffic.”

“Seohyun’s right.  Let’s get going oppa.” Nicole happily said as she pulls Kris away from them.

“Are you guys sure?” Kris asked as he looks at Minho and Jinwoon.  He seemed a bit confused why they had suddenly changed their minds so fast.

“Yeah…you guys go ahead without us.” Jinwoon said as he nudges Minho’s arm.

Minho faked a smile and smirks, “We’ll be fine.  I think Nana would prefer to stay here and eat.  Have fun.”

image

“Oppa…let’s go.” Nicole said tugging his arm before her friends changed their minds again.  She really didn’t want them to be tagging along.

Kris smiled at them.  “Okay…I’ll see you guys later.”  

“Bye guys!” Nicole shouted as she waved good-bye to them.

“Bye!” They all shouted back.

As soon as Nicole and Kris disappeared out of their sight, Nana turns to look at Minho and said, “Oppa, what was your intention of going to Asian Garden Buffet with Nicole and Kris?”

Minho scoffs as he replies, “Nicole is our best friend, I just find it weird that she quickly became attached to Kris.  I’m just worried about her…that’s all.”

“Minho’s right.  Kris is the first guy that Nicole has ever fallen for, so it’s natural for her “male” best friends to be a little worried.” Jinwoon added.

Seohyun scratches her neck.  “What’s there to be worry about oppa?  Kris doesn’t seem like a bad guy.”

“There’s always two sides to a person.  We don’t know Kris that well to know what his true personality is like.” Minho explains.

Nana rolls her eyes at them.  “Aren’t you guys being a little over protected of Nicole?”

“Yeah…but we would rather know what kind of a person Kris is really like before we allow her to date him.” Minho replied as Jinwoon nodded his head in agreement.

Seohyun and Nana both scoffs at their boyfriends as they shook their heads.  Boys!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys!  I'm sorry for not updating this!  Forgive me!  I had a crap load of homework and exams to study for.  I hope this chapter will make up for it.  What do you guys think of this chapter?  Too slow?  Boring?  Give me your comments! :D