Chapter 1-My First Impression

My Secret Love

“Holy crap!  That guy is really good at dancing!” Nana gushed as she watches the handsome man dance on stage.

Seohyun nodded her head in agreement.  “It’s a shame that we can’t see his face.  If we would have been here earlier, we would have gotten front row seats. ”

Nana made a face at her.  “Yah!  Are you trying to put the blame on me?  I can’t help it if I forgot my ID back at the dorm.”

“Did I say it was your fault?”

“No…but I know you were thinking it.”

“Whatever…”

image

As soon as the handsome guy finished dancing, there were many screams from the audience (especially from the girls).

“Yah…where’s Nicole?” Nana asks as she looks around.

Seohyun shrugs her shoulders.  “Wasn’t she standing next to you?”

“She was…but she disappeared.”

“How the hell are we supposed to find her with so many students here?” Seohyun whines.

Before Nana could say anything back, the MC shouted, “What an amazing performance by Wu Fan!  Our next performer is a junior who is majoring in International Studies.  Let’s give a warm welcome to Nicole Jung!”I

Nana and Seohyun looks at each other.  “WHAT?!”

Nicole confidently walks up to the stage and smiles at the audience.

“Hello Nicole.  Please tell the audience a little bit about yourself and what you will be performing today.” The MC said as he handed her the microphone.

“Hello everyone!  My name is Nicole Jung, 21 years old, and this will be my third year here at Seoul University.  I’m very happy to see new faces out there and I hope we can all become friends.  Today I will be performing something very special to all of the foreign exchanged students, so please look forward to it.”

tumblr_ma3mciL68I1r3379yo1_500.gif

The MC took the microphone back and said, “Let’s give it up for Nicole Jung!”

Everyone started clapping their hands as some of the male students started whistling at her.

“Yah!  Did you know that Nicole was going to perform at today’s Festival?” Seohyun asks as she pokes Nana’s right shoulder.  

Nana shook her head no.  “Why would she hide this from us?   We’re her best friends.”

“We’ll kill her later.  Right now, let’s just watch her perform.”

“I like your idea!”

As the music started, Nicole started singing and dancing.

“Omo!  She’s singing in Japanese!” Nana happily cried as she started swinging her body.  “Her song is very catchy!”

“Dang!  I didn’t know Nicole was this good!” Seohyun said as she started dancing along with Nana.    

“She’s talented.” Lay said observing Nicole from the side stage. 

“She is smoking HOT!” Min Seok added.  “I wonder if she is a transfer student?"

“She sure knows how to get all the guys attention.” Lu Han smirks.

“What do you mean?” Lay asks with a confused look on his face.

“Look at all of the male students out in the audience.  They’re captivated by her performance…not to mention her good looks.” Lu Han explains.

Min Seok scoffs and scratches his neck.  “What do you think of her Wu Fan?”

Wu Fan shrugs his shoulders as he silently observed Nicole.  How come he had never seen her on campus before?

All of a sudden Jinwoon came up to the stage and started singing with Nicole.  There were many female students that started screaming at the top of their lungs.

“Oh my god!  It’s Jinwoon oppa!”

“I love you Jung Jinwoon!”

“Be my boyfriend!”

“You’re so cute!”

“Kiss me!”

“No way!  Jinwoon is singing with Nicole!  He told me he had class today.  That little liar!” Seohyun cried as both her hands curls up into a small fist.  “And when did he learn how to speak Japanese?” 

“Yah!  How can you not know that your boyfriend speaks Japanese?  How long have you guys been dating?” Nana teased.

Seohyun playfully hits her right arm.  “Shut up”

“Any by the way, just because he is singing in Japanese…that doesn’t mean he can speak it fluently.” Nana smirks.

Seohyun rolls her eyes as she continues to watch Nicole and Jinwoon perform on stage.

As soon as the music ended, there was a roar of applause from the audience.

Nana put her fingers together and started whistling at them.

Seohyun clapped her hands as loud as she could and screamed along with the audience.

Jinwoon and Nicole both bowed to the audience and walks off the stage.

“You did a great job Nicole.” Jinwoon said ruffling her hair.

“Oppa!  Don’t mess up my hair!” Nicole cried as she lightly hits his chest.

Jinwoon scoffs and smiles at her.  He wraps his left arm around her shoulder and asks, “Do you think Seohyun is going to kill me for not telling her about this?”

Nicole laughs as she shook her head yes.  “Don’t worry oppa.  I’ll protect you.”

“You better!”

“I will!”

“Nice performance.” A voice said behind them.

They both turn around and saw Wu Fan, Lu Han, Lay, and Min Seok standing behind them.

“Thanks.” Jinwoon said smiling.

Nicole smile widely at them.  “Thank you.  Your performance earlier was awesome.”

Wu Fan grins at her.  “Yeah…it was.  Are you a transfer student?”

Nicole burst out laughing as Wu Fan raised his left eye brow up.  What was so funny?  Wu Fan thought to himself. 

“I wish I was a transfer student…but sadly no.  This is will be my third year here.” Nicole replied.

“You’re really pretty.  How come I haven’t seen you on campus before?” Lay suddenly blurted out.

Nicole started giggling as she winks at Lay.  “I’ve been around campus.”

“You’re lying.” Lu Han said.

Nicole scoffs as she turns to look at Jinwoon.  “Am I lying oppa?”

Jinwoon shook his head no.  “She’s been around campus.  She eats lunch with us all the time.”

“Really?  What are you majoring in again?” Min Seok asks.

Wu Fan scoffs and says, “Dummy…she’s majoring in International Studies.  Weren't you listening before?”  

“I forget.  I was too busy admiring her.” Min Seok truthfully replied as he smiles at Nicole.

“It looks like you have some fan boys here Nicole.” Jinwoon teased as he pinches her cheek.

“Cut it out oppa.” Nicole said as she nudges his stomach with her left elbow.  “We have to get going.  It was a pleasure to meet you guys.”

“Bye hottie.” Lay said winking at her.

“Good bye princess!” Min Seok shouted.

Lu Han blew Nicole a kiss and cried, “Don’t forget!  My name is Lu Han!”

Wu Fan didn’t say anything as they walked away from them.  He kept glaring at Jinwoon as his arm was still wrapped around Nicole’s shoulders.

“Oppa…do you know those guys?” Nicole asks as they searched for Nana and Seohyun.

Jinwoon shook his head yes.  “3 of them are foreign exchanged students and one of them is korean.”

“Really?  Which 3 were the foreign exchanged students?”

“Lay, Lu Han, and Wu Fan.  Wu Fan is actually from Canada.  His English name is Kris.”

“Is that so?  That means Wu Fan…ah I mean Kris can speak English!” Nicole squeals in happiness.  She was very happy to know that someone else was able to speak English too!  “Oppa…what’s the other guy’s name?”

“Oh you mean Kim Min Seok?  He’s pretty cool.  He likes to hang out with the Chinese boys a lot because he can speak Chinese.”

“Cool!  I wish I could speak Chinese too.”

“You can speak English, Japanese, and Korean.  If you learn another language, you’ll end up mixing up all of your words together.  How will we be able to communicate with you?” Jinwoon teased.

Nicole made a face at him.  “Ha ha ha…very funny oppa.”

“Nicole!  Jinwoon!  Over here!” Nana shouted as she waves her hands at them.

“Yah!  You’re both dead meat!” Seohyun hollers as she pointed her finger at them.

“Nicole…you go first.” Jinwoon said using Nicole as a shield in case Seohyun decides to hit him.

“Yah…Jung Jinwoon…you’re such a coward.” Nicole hissed as she smiles at them.

“I know.  If my girlfriend is going to hit us, it’s better if she hits you first, then me.”

“Thanks a lot!”

“No problem.”

As soon as they approach them, Seohyun glared at Jinwoon and tapped her left foot on the ground.  “So…”

“Hi baby.” Jinwoon quickly said as he walks over to her.  He wraps his left arm around her shoulder and kissed her on the forehead.

Seohyun scoffs at him and lightly smacks his chest.  “How dare you lie to me?  You told me you had class!”

“I’m sorry baby.  I wanted to surprise you.”

“Surprise me?  Oh you surprised me all right.  You…”

Jinwoon cut her off by smacking his lips on hers.  She tried to free herself from the kiss but eventually gave up because she ended up wrapping her arms around his neck.

Nana made a puking sound as Nicole giggles to herself.

“Yah!  Get a room you two!  I didn’t come here to watch you guys make out!” Nana said in annoyance.

“Where’s Minho?” Nicole asks as she looks around for him.

Nana frowns and crossed her arms in front of her chest.  “He’s at soccer practice.  He said he would meet up with us in the commons for dinner.”

“I see.  Wow…I can’t believe so many students showed up for today’s Festival!” Nicole cried as she observes the crowd.

“Speaking of Festival, how come you didn’t tell Seohyun and me that you and Jinwoon were performing today?  Are we chop liver or what?” Nana asks as she glares into Nicole’s shiny eyes.

Nicole sighs as she replied, “My professor begged Jinwoon and me to perform because their original performers bail out at the last minute due to family emergency.”

“I see…but why would your professor ask you and Jinwoon to perform?”

“That’s because Nicole and I have the best Japanese.” Jinwoon answers as he and Seohyun was done kissing.

“Oh…you're finally done kissing.” Nana teased.  “Nice of you to join our conversation.”

“Nana…you’re just jealous because Minho doesn’t kiss you in public like oppa does.” Seohyun said as she stuck her tongue out.

Nana scoffs and rolls her eyes.  “Whatever…”

Nicole looks at her watch and said, “It’s almost 6:00pm.  Let’s go to the commons and grab dinner before the place gets jam pack.”

“Good idea.” Jinwoon said grabbing onto Seohyun’s hand.

Seohyun kissed his cheek and shyly says, “By the way oppa, you guys did a really good job up there.”

Jinwoon blushed and kissed her forehead.  “Thanks baby.  I’m happy you were cheering me on.”

“You guys looked smoking hot!” Nana squeaks as she links arms with Nicole.  “There were many guys checking you out Nicole!  Cute ones too!”

Nicole rolls her eyes as she drags Nana into the commons.  “You know how I feel about boys Nana.”

“Yeah…yeah…yeah…please don’t remind me.  I hear your same old lecture all the time.”

“Well…it doesn’t hurt to hear it one more time.  I don’t believe in LOVE.”

“Don’t you ever want to experience what love is like though?” Seohyun questions.

Nicole shook her head no.  “After seeing my parents go through divorce…hell no.  Love is nothing but heartaches and headaches.  If relationships are like that, I would much rather avoid it.”

“Does that mean you’re going to be a lesbian then?  If so, I’m pretty sure Seohyun wouldn’t mind sharing me with you.” Jinwoon teased.

Seohyun quickly hit him on his arm.  “Shut up oppa.”

Nicole giggled as she grins at Jinwoon.  “In your dreams oppa.”

Nana laughs as she shook her head.  “You guys are silly.  Hm…I wonder what Minho wants…”

As they all paid for their dinner, they found a long table near the exit door.  Nicole sat at the edge of the table and started munching on her food.  All of a sudden there were massive screaming girls coming from the end of the lunch line as everyone turns to see what the commotion was all about. 

Kris, Lay, Lu Han, and Min Seok were standing in line waiting patiently to pay for their dinner.  There was at least 100 screaming girls standing by them.

“What’s so special about them?” Jinwoon mutters as he took a sip of his orange juice.  “They’re just a bunch of Chinese boys…well only three of them.”

Seohyun smirks, “Yah…is someone jealous here?”

“Jealous?  Whatever…I’m just as handsome as they are too.” Jinwoon mumbles as he chews on his apple.

“I’ve seen them on campus before.  They’re known as the hottest foreign exchanged students.  Almost all of the Korean girls here want them.  They’re very nice, polite, well-mannered, competitive, and very good-looking.” Nana explains as she took a big bite out of her cheeseburger.

Seohyun raised her right eye brow up.  “Since when did you know so much about them?  All you ever do is talk about Choi Minho.  I didn’t think you had time to talk about other people.”

Nicole and Jinwoon started laughing as Nana’s face fluster with embarrassment.  “Shut up.  I don’t always talk about Minho.”

Seohyun smirks and rolls her eyes.  “Yeah right.”

“What do you think of them Nicole?” Nana asks as she nudges her right shoulder.

Nicole who was too busy eating her food just shrugged her shoulders.  She looks over at the boys and finally said, “They’re cute.”

Jinwoon spit out his orange juice and started coughing like crazy.

“Oppa!  Are you okay?” Seohyun worriedly asks as she patted his back.

“Yah!  Jung Nicole!  Did you just say those Chinese boys were cute?  Omo!  Omo!  Omo!” Jinwoon exclaims.

Nana and Nicole looks at each other and started laughing out loud.

“Of course I did oppa.  Why are you making such a big deal out of it?” Nicole calmly asks as she takes a bite out of her tuna sandwich.

“I didn’t think you were interested in boys.”

“Oppa…quit being mean.” Seohyun said as she pinches his arm.

“I’m not being mean.  I’m serious.  Throughout middle and high school, Nicole never once said she thought any guys were cute.”

Nana looks at Nicole and asks, “Is that true Nicole?”

Nicole nodded her head yes.  “When it comes to boys, I like to hide my feelings about them.”

“Why?” Seohyun questions as she took a sip of her water.

“If I told a boy that I thought he was cute, hot, or good-looking, he’s going to think that I like him.  Just because I said they’re cute, that doesn’t mean I’m interested in them.” Nicole explains.

Jinwoon scoffs as he leans towards Nicole.  “Well…what’s going to happen if a boy likes you and he confessed his feelings to you?  What are you going to say to him?”

Nicole smiled as she smirks, “First of all, that will never happen.  No guys have ever confessed their feelings to me.  Second of all, if a boy were to confess to me, I would say no.”

“What?  Why?” Nana asks as she stares at her.

“In order for me to date someone, I have to be his friend for a very long time.”

“How long?” Seohyun curiously asks.

“Hm…like 8-9 years.” Nicole answers.

Jinwoon rolls his eyes.  “Tsk…good luck with that.  The only male friends you have are Minho and me.  We’re the only ones that have been friends with you for that long.”     

“Yah…are you serious Nicole?  What about his looks?  Does that matter to you?” Nana questions as she waves her hand at Minho.  “Over here Minho!”

“Of course looks matters to me.  In order to date someone, you have to be somewhat attracted to them.  His personality counts too.  If he can’t take a joke or if he’s too serious, I don’t want to be with someone like that.” Nicole replied.

“Hey guys!” Minho greeted as he sat down next to Nana.  He kissed her on the forehead and started pigging out on his food.  “Thanks for dinner babe.  Remind me to give you money before you head back to your dorm.”

image

“It’s okay honey.  It’s my treat tonight.” Nana said as she watches him eat.

“Really.  Are you sure?”

“Uh-huh.”

“Thanks.” Minho said squeezing her left hand.

“Can we sit here with you guys?” A husky voice asks.

Nicole turns around and saw Lay, Lu Han, Min Seok, and Kris standing behind her.

“Sure you can!  Move over Nicole.” Nana quickly said as she drags her by the arm.

Kris sat down next to Nicole as Lay sat across from her with Min Seok sitting next to Lay and Lu Han sitting next to Kris. 

“Hello.  We meet again.” Nicole said smiling to all four boys.  She politely bows to them and continues, “These are my best friends Nana, Minho, Jinwoon, and Seohyun.”

“We remember you and Jinwoon.  It’s a pleasure to meet the rest of you guys.” All four boys said.

As Nicole continued to happily eat her dinner, Nana noticed that Kris was kept stealing glances at Nicole every now and then.  Omo!  I think he likes her!  Nana sighs to herself as she realized that Nicole wasn't getting the hint that Kris was trying to get her attention.

Seohyun must have noticed Kris checking Nicole out too because it looked like he wanted to ask her something but was hesitating.  She finally decided to break the ice by saying, “So…Kris…what do you think of my best friend Nicole?”

Nicole choked on her food as she started coughing.  Kris immediately started patting her back as he offered her his soda.  “Here…drink this.”

Nicole quickly accepted his soda and took a few sips.  She glared at Seohyun and snarls, “Yah!  Are you trying to kill me?”

Seohyun giggled as she innocently said, “No…I just ask Kris a simple question.  I wasn’t talking to you.”

Lay smirks at Kris and teased, “Yeah…what do you think about Nicole?”

Kris scoffs and replies, “I think Nicole is…”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys!  I know I promised that I wouldn't start on this story, but I couldn't help it.  I had to write this story down or else it would disappear in my mind.  What did you think of chapter one so far?  Am I lacking anything?  I know there isn't much of KrisCole...but I'm pretty sure in the next couple of chapters, there will be a lot of interactions between them.  Please leave comments!  I probably won't post up the next chapter anytime soon.  I'll be working on my last chapter for "My One and Only."  Then I'm going to finish "My Cute Cola Bear."  This is just a little teaser for you guys....(I'm horrible ain't I?)  I'm sorry!