The Creed

KUNG TAYO'Y MAGKAKALAYO (saga continues)

(3 weeks later)

 

Gwen wakes up feeling a bit different, dizzy, cloudy eyes, makes her morning illness which Robbie notices. "Anong problema Gwen?" asking her wife with the sweetest hand gestures.

"Wala, nahihilo lang ako, tara baba na tayo." she insisted.

Robbie felt a hint that his wife maybe conceiving their baby already, he asked, "Nag pregnancy check ka na ba? Baka buntis ka. and smiles naughitly while Gwen felt a sudden pang of anxiety, her face in surprise Robbie asked again, "Oh, bakit ganyan yang mukha mo, ayaw mo ba magkababy?"

Gwen replied. "Hindi naman sa ganon, kung ibibigay ng Dyos magiging masaya ako."

Robbie, called the NBI and asked for one day leave for he will accompany Gwen to the Obstetrician - Gynecologist to have a pregnancy examination.

Gwen prepared Robbie's clothes, a red polo shirt from Penguin, matching a maong pants from Folded and Hung while she wears an tangy orange long tube top dress, that sways with her every move, and they headed into the hospital.

 

It's positive, Gwen, you are 2 weeks pregnant! Robbie jumps as if he won the lottery, teary eyed that finally Gwen is bearing their child, he caressed her tummy, talked to the life inside her, as she puts her hands over his head like a good little boy waiting for praises. They thanked the doctor and she told them that she have to see Gwen again after a month for her pre natal check up.

Gwen and Robbie excitedly went at mom Celine's flat to deliver the very good news, mommy and mamapet felt the same way as Robbie and Gwen as they hear the news, mommy decided to cook good food for dinner and asked Robbie to invite Steve to celebrate with them. Baby Michael feeling a bit of jealously seeing all the people around him busy talking, he frowns. Gwen took noticed of her little brother, she carried him into her lap, kissed his cheeks and told him that he will be an uncle soon. Baby Michael asked her ate to bear a baby boy so that he will have a playmate, and everybody cheers.

Dinner is over, everyone is quite full and contented, Steve approached Robbie, "Ano nang plano mo, magiging tatay ka na, dapat alamin mo yung mga priorities mo."

Robbie smiles. "Alam ko kuya, pero matagal tagal pa naman eh, 9 months will be enough to decide and think about things I guess, we just have to arrange it one at a time."

Gwen appeared and asked them what's the bluff. Steve talked to the two in a very fatherly manner.

"Magkakaroon na kayo ng panibagong responsibilidad, ito iyong pinakamagandang biyayang matatanggap nyo bilang magasawa, pag may anak hindi ibig sabihin pababayaan nyo na ang isa't isa, dapat mas mahalin nyo ang isa't isa para sa kanya, para lumaki syang maswerte."

Robbie, with his teary eyes, nodded to his tatay Steve and told him not to bother anything because he will love their child as much as he loves Gwen, and so did Gwen.

The evening is getting deep, mamapet asked Robbie to bring the soon-to-mommy home, so they bid goodbye as well as tatay Steve.

 

(At their room)

Robbie gently headed Gwen in the bed, lift the blanket to up to her chest, caressed her face, gave her a sweet kiss in the forehead and told her to sleep and take a very good rest.

Gwen urgently thanked him for always being there, and she insisted to kiss him on the lips, she grabbed his face and kissed him slowly. As she closed her eyes, Robbie can't help but watch her princess.