Levels of aprehension

KUNG TAYO'Y MAGKAKALAYO (saga continues)

"This looks good, pink! I want a baby girl." Gwen mutters as she hands a pink cradle.

"What if it is a boy? I think we'd better wait for your next checkup, to find out what the baby's gender is." He smiles.

And because they could not agree with each other with what to choose, Robbie insisted to eat first.

Gwen is going through these rough stages of pregnancy where she gets annoyed easily, mood swings everywhere, she wanted Robbie to be always at her side and she gets mad when he's not, so he decided to take a quick break from the NBI not until Gwen get through with these times. Gwen is very sensitive, gets jealous when Robbie receives fone calls even if it was from his boss.

One morning, Robbie prepared everything for breakfast while Gwen is sleeping, when she noticed the disgusting smell of the garlic downstairs, she hurriedly went down to check what is going on, getting near to the smell of garlic isn't really the very issue, when Gwen knew about Robbie preparing the breakfast, she got annoyed. "I am the one who supposedly doing that right? Why do you have to take my duty? You want, you'll be the one to bear a child too?" Gwen says in horror.

"Hon, take it easy, relax, I just want you to take a full rest that's why I didn't bother to wake you up." he explains in bliss.

Robbie is making his patience as long as it could be because he knows about Gwen's condition, he has to deal with it everyday whether he likes it or not.

After taking a bath, Robbie turned the television ON and scan for shows, Gwen is fixing the bedding, "What do you want for lunch?" she asks. "Anything from you my dear."

Gwen rolled her eyes and took a deep sigh, Robbie interrupts her, hug her from behind, "My baby is being too moody, what's wrong? tell me, I could ease your pain." he smiles.

"Nothing, ignore me, and she'd let go of his hug."

In disappointment, Robbie pouted and resume watching TV, Gwen was unaware of his feelings, but he'd understand, as the doctors told them, it is merely a part of pregnancy.

Gwen received a call from mommy Celine, asking her if she needs something from the grocery, she voluntarily joins her mom in doing the shopping.

"How's your condition? Are you having your regular check ups?"

"Yes mommy, Robbie always makes it a point to have it regularly."

"And how was he dealing with you? That is quite hard, dealing with pregnant wives." she adds.

"I know mom, but I am lucky, Robbie knows how to handle me well, there are times I almost shout at him, at his mistakes but he never fought back, he understands me well."

"That's good, I am happy to know you are living all well." mom adds. "You should eat more fruits, and milk to help the baby develop faster."

Gwen took loads of fruits into their cart. "Mom, is it really normal for me to sometimes hate to see my husband? There are times I hate him, I don't want to see him but when he walks away, I'm hurt, I wanna cry, i think I need medications, I must be crazy."

Mom burst into tiny laughter. "You're not getting crazy! it's normal, you are lucky he can understand you, you can get through this, in time, maybe in a couple of months, it'll be normal."

 *****

"Sometimes I cannot get it, she wants me, but when I am there, she nags at me, telling me what to do. Oh god! I need tons of patience."

"Robbie, she's your wife, you have to deal with it, besides after this, all you have to do is wait for the baby, no more tantrums, understand her, she needs you, this the crucial part of pregnancy." Steve explains tapping Robbie's shoulder.

Robbie's fone rings and it's Gwen asking him to pick them up from the mart. As soon as they are home, Gwen prepared dinner, Pork Sinigang.

Robbie from the living room can smell the juiciness of the meat playing all over his nose, when Gwen finally finished cooking, she arranged the table and called him.

"Wow! this looks good." he smiles.

She gave him a cup full of soup and he tries if it really tastes good as it smells. Gwen stares at him as he sip from his spoon.

"How was it?"

Robbie did not manage to hide his dismay because of the food's taste, Gwen saw him frown even if he hid it.

"I knew it, need no word to say, it's not good, you don't have to lie!" Gwen mutters in madness.

Robbie knew to himself that it really doesn't tastes that good but still told Gwen that it is, but she didn't believe him, she stomped out of the kitchen and went upstairs bringing the heaviest feet ever!

He cannot think of any strategy on how to patch things up, he takes a gulp of cold water and followed Gwen in the room.

He saw her brows still intact, trying to say sorry. But she is just too angry to hear him say it. He clasps her body, and try to face it to him, he wiped her tears, taking her hair away from her face, hugs her in delight. "Wala na kong ginawang tama, buti pa humanap ka na lang ng housemaid para may mag ala..." He cuts her off, "sshhh.. stop it, I don't need anybody to take care of me, except you, they cannot take care of me the way you do, you are the only one who make me feel well loved." he kiss her forehead trying to ease her pain like a little girl that was wounded after a petty fight.

She had nothing to say, in silence she anchored her arms into Robbie's neck, "Sorry if I am not making it well as your wife, I just need more practice."

"No. no, of course, you will be the best for me even in the absence of efforts. I love you." and he kiss her lips as though it could heal the little pain.