the start.

guilty pleasures

It all started with a smile.

 

Jiyong recalls the time before their debut.

 

The dance practice room was cold and reminded Jiyong only of determination through gritted teeth, harsh criticism and the fight to survive. Practices got worse and more intense just before the release of their first album, and he was ready to collapse on the floor soon.

 

But he is the leader, so he put on his best leader-ish smile after the music stopped, and said, "One more time guys!"

 

The rest of the members visibly sag, as they each trudged back to their starting positions.

 

A few times more, and Jiyong realized Seungri was practically white in the face. Something tugged at his heart and he finally said what everyone wanted to hear. "Take five everyone."

 

Daesung immediately collapsed on the floor on hearing the words, sweat pouring all over him. The others went over to their bottles. Jiyong walked over to the maknae at one corner and clapped his shoulder carefully.

 

"Maknae-ah, are you okay?"

 

Seungri turned around with slightly awed eyes. It was possibly the first time Jiyong had initiated a conversation with him; they were kind of awkward from the start.

 

"Uh. Yes, I am fine, Jiyong-hyung."

 

"Listen, I know practice is hard," Jiyong sighed as he took a gulp of water, "but… well, I know you have the potential in you. To, you know, go through this".

 

Jiyong watched him as the youngest gaped at the sudden compliment, and then raised his panda eyes and gave him a shy smile.

 

The smile shook something within Jiyong, something that used to be impenetrable. And, now 7 years on, he feels that that was the moment that started it all.

 

******

 

Thanks everyone for the subscribes and comments! :) i am really grateful! :DD