No Tickets

Clueless Fate

I had barely taken a bite of my croissant when a poster was shoved into my face. On it were five people I was familiar with. Very familiar with. Countless hours of drooling had helped I guessed.

"What's this?" I asked my friend Hye Yun, the one who had brandished the paper.

"DBSK's coming for a concert!" She squealed, waiting for my jubilant reaction.

My first feeling was extreme excitement, but I willed myself to calm down. I slowly took another bite of crossaint while Hye Yun stared at me with disbelieving impatience.

"When?" I asked finally, barely able to conceal my rising interest. Interest was an understatement. I was practically over the moon.

She quickly scanned the poster. Her eyes widened.

"TODAY!" She screamed loudly, causing several people to double-take. "IN AN HOUR! OH GOD! LET'S GO, RAE NA!"

Still wincing from her screaming, I found myself being pulled out of my comfy chair with my crossaint dangling dangerously from my fingertips. We skidded past crowds of people, yelling 'Jwesonghamnida' whenever we could. The sky was just turning gold from the afternoon.

"AN HOUR?!" I yelled when I could manage some extra breath. "DID YOU GRAB THE POSTER OFF A PUBLIC WALL OR SOMETHING?!"

The tell-tale blush on her cheeks told me it was true.

"Where are we going anyway?!"

"That grand stadium thing next to the theatre!"

We couldn't talk much after that, due to our aching legs and air supply. Halfway through running I wondered why we didn't take a taxi. The thought left me feeling stupid.

When we arrived, we saw thousands of people queuing outside the stadium. Most of them held posters and signs, wearing DBSK merchandise and light up wands. They also clutched silver tickets tightly in their hands.

"...Do you have any tickets?" I asked in a panicky voice to Hye Yun.

A worried look crossed her face, "I just found out today. I don't have any."

We looked at each other for a brief moment. The message from my eyes to hers told her "If all the tickets at the ticket booth are sold out and we have to stay outside I'm going to kill you because you made me run all this way for nothing".

We wordlessly walked like ghosts to the ticket booth. A dull pain thudded in my heart as I took in the words 'DBSK TICKETS SOLD OUT' on the window. The bright red color was almost jeering at us.

I turned to Hye Yun with a dejected expression. She had a same look. We didn't have time to wallow over our self-pity however, because a second later, the thousands of fans screamed excitedly in unison.

This could only mean one thing.

Hye Yun and I looked at each other, a glimmer of hope sparking between us.

DBSK was here.


 Daily Chapter Song - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5Q9DpTRbvc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5Q9DpTRbvc