STUPID CUPID part 2

HAPPY HEARTS

 

 

 

Dara is hanging out with Bom in their favorite ice cream parlor.  Seated inside a booth, they began devouring the banana split ice cream they ordered.  She scoops up a spoonful then closes over the sinfully indulgent, cool concoction.

 

She lets out a sigh. Bom called her up earlier and asked her to meet up.  It’s been a while since they bonded.  Her time now is mostly consumed with Kwon Jiyong, school works, Kwon Jiyong. Bom is actually telling her about a boy she met.  Dara was actually listening intently at first.  Yet her attention got strayed, when her eyes fell on a guy who entered the shop.

 

The guy’s stance and sense of style instantly reminded her of the devil.

 

Kwon Jiyong.  He’s such an enigma to her.  It’s been more than a month since Dara and Jiyong made the deal, but until now she is actually not aware of why he struck such a deal with her, when in fact they barely spoke a word.  She couldn’t even remember talking to him at all before that fateful day.

 

Dara began spearing the ice cream as she scoops another mouthful, as she recalls the times she did try to know the details of the deal.

 

“Are you willing to pay with your body now?”  The same whispered response she gets from him every time she’ll be asking about the details of their deal.

His heated breath fans her face as he whispers, making her blush and shiver inwardly.

 

God! His voice sounds y…

 

Dara stops, her spoon clattering against the half full bowl.  A mixture of horror and surprised expression on her face after her brain fully absorbed what she thought of.  She’s lucky that Bom went to the washroom or she’ll be interrogated for sure.

 

Her phone suddenly beeps.  Her face grimacing, when she sees Kill Joy on the screen, the name she tagged for Kwon Jiyong.  drops open reading his message.

 

Go to Lotte World in 15 mins. I’ll wait by the entrance.

 

Pounding on the keys of her phone, she keys in her reply.

 

I’m out with my friend. 15 minutes? Are you insane? I don’t have powers to teleport myself!

 

Her phone beeps again, almost right after she sent her reply.

 

I know you’re nearby. It won’t even take you 5 mins to get here.

 

Blood seems to pump up to her head sending another reply.

 

Are you my stalker now?

 

As expected, her phone beeps again.

 

GPS.  You give yourself too much credit. I'll be asking for the payment. 14 mins left.

 

Before Dara could key in another retort, her phone beeps once more.

 

If you ‘re late, the deal is off.

Dara wants to scream out of annoyance, doing that however will incite Bom’s attention.  And that’s one thing she wants to avoid. She hates keeping things from Bom  but she has no other choice.  Her deal with Kwon Jiyong entails that no one besides the two of them should know about the deal, otherwise it will be forfeited.

 

"Bommie-yah..." Dara coos the second Bom takes her seat.

 

"Yah...yah...  Sandara Park! You're using that tone of voice again"

 

Dara bats her lashes at Bom "What tone?"

 

"Don't play innocent on me Dara.  That tone! Whenever you act cute, I know that you'll be saying something I won't like" Bom says with slitted eyes.

 

"I need to go somewhere" Dara begins to say, and seeing Bom's brows start to connect, she uses the last artillery in her Dara-blackmailing treasure trove. Her infamous puppy dog eyes paired with the cutesy pout "It's an emergency"

 

"Oh no you just didn't do that!"After a minute, Bom gives in "Fine. But the next time we go here you'll be paying."

 

"Bommie-yah, you're really an angel. Anything you want, I'll be paying.  Bye!" In a flash, Dara is out the door. 

 

 

-oOo-

 

 

Dara arrives at the entrance with 8 minutes to spare.

 

"Wow! He's good.  I only walked for about 5 minutes."

 

Her eyes roamed over the sea of people at the entrance. 

 

"This is odd, he's still not here.  He's a jerk but he hasn't lied to me."

 

Her brows furrow as not one resembles the devil.  She took out her phone and checked the messages she received.

 

"He did say that he's waiting by the entrance" She suddenly stiffens when she remembers that there were two gates for Lotte World.  Glancing down at her wrist watch, she started running like her life depended on it while muttering "Oh, !" like a mantra.

 

 

-oOo-

 

The air is still cold for the snow is just starting to melt, but Dara is sweating like it was the height of summer. Her vision became blurry as sweat drips from her forehead to her eyes.  She couldn't even stop to wipe it away.  All she knows is she needs to get to Jiyong before the time he gave is up.   Ten more seconds left, like an oasis in a desert, she sees Jiyong standing by the entrance just as he said in his message.

 

Six

Don't you dare move you jerk!

Five

I did not run almost three blocks in 3 minutes just so you'd leave

Four

I won't let my efforts go to waste

Three

Not when I started getting close to Lee Min Ho

Two

Damn it!

One

Nooooo!

 

 

-oOo-

 

 

Jiyong checks his phone for a new message. He frowns seeing there is none.  He gave Dara enough time to get to the meeting place, even extending it for 5 more minutes.  He knows her well enough to know  that she’ll oppose everything he says initially, argue with him, before eventually giving in.  

 

And as the minute hand moves, it hit the 15th minute Jiyong turns around towards the gates.  About to take a step, he felt a hand grab hold of the hem of his hoodie.  Glancing back, he could only see a familiar head of a girl, who was bent over. 

 

“You’re late!” He yells at her.  It was a first for him.  He got really worried about her as he waited.

 

Instead of answering, Dara releases her death grip on Jiyong’s jacket and raises it, signaling him to wait.

 

Jiyong was about to yell at her again when he heard a wheezing sound. A sound coming from Dara, who is still in a bent over position.

 

“Wait here.” He grumbles “I’ll be back”

 

 

-oOo-

 

 

Dara is too exhausted, her heartbeat was pounding so hard, it was all she could hear, besides a buzzing sound.  Not long after, a bottle of water appears before her.  Grabbing the bottle, she straightens up and guzzled the water thirstily.  Only a quarter was left when she stopped.

 

“Thank you” She says to Jiyong with a smile.

 

“What happened to you?” Jiyong replies with a frown.

 

“I ran.”

 

His scowl deepening “Why did you run? The ice cream parlor is near. I was being serious, when I said you can get here in 5 minutes.”

 

“I did, but I went to the other gate.  I ran the moment I realized I went to the wrong one.”

 

“Pabo! You could’ve sent me a message”

 

“But you said that if I’m late, the deal is off”

 

Jiyong doesn’t have any reply for that.  He did use the magic phrase. Seeing that Dara’s breathing normally, he grabs hold of her hand and drags her towards the gates.  He didn’t stop dragging her around until they reached the washroom area.

 

“Go inside and fix yourself.  You look like a mess. I can’t ask for the payment when you look like something a cat dragged in.” He says before he pushed her to enter the side meant for girls.

 

 

-oOo-

 

 

“Gyaaah!” Dara exclaims seeing the image reflected on the mirror “He’s right! I look like a mess.”

 

 

Quickly she takes out her kit from her purse and began to make herself appear human again.

 

“There!” Smiling now at her reflection “Perfect.  Now the jerk won’t have any complaints about me not being fit for the payment”

 

Her smile froze as her brain processed what she had said.

 

Payment….

 

“Don’t tell me he plans to take me in public!”

 

 



 

 

Still sick. Only snuck in to do this

But wasn’t well enough to finish 

One more part to go…..debating still if i'll make it rated...LOL

 

Aigoo… I really hate being sick....and I'm missing DGH so baaaad...(TT__TT)...

 

Errm….hope this make sense