Chapter 1 New Life

Between Both of Us

Chapter 1 New Life

 

SEOHYUN's POV

I started the day by waking up in a warm morning. I packed my things up and went out just by saying a simple goodbye to my parents.

"Take care Joo Hyun! Tell mom when you're going home ok, we'll be making a feast for you dear." said my mom

"Ne omma.Arasso.Bye mom!."-Seohyun

I sighed out of discomfort before going to my car. Wouldn't she care for me? Won't she even stop me? I thought.

I, Seo Joo-hyun, am a very rich child. I'm the kind of person who tends to respect people and people do the same. I'm known for being spoiled by my parents even at such a young age. I'm both hated and loved by people both because of my kind and annoyingly humble personality. Who wouldn't be hated if they had everything? People come and eventually get tired and start to hate you. Seo Joo-hyun. Does that name even really matter?.







30 minutes have passed as I have been travelling with my car, and so I finally arrived at this new apartment that my scholar student sunbae, Yoona unnie,  showed me. Apparently, just recently, I decided to start a whole new life in this new apartment. Well..now that I look at it, it doesn't even look new at all.

"Chincha unnie?!..You told me it was perfect for a new beginning!! You didn't tell me I was gonna live a run down life..Aish!" I said to myself

I headed into the trunk of my car in order to get two of my humungous bag.

I didn't bother to bring things unimportant to me in there. But somehow, I got my clothes stuffed out on those bags and it seemed to me like I can never leave my Sergent Keroro Collection behind.


"Urghh..When did this become so heavy?!.." I complained, slightly tripping over my feet while carrying my baggage.

I went to the land lady in order to get the keys for the apartment unnie reserved for me. The key said '11' on it. I went upstairs and found my room.

"Yosh!" I said as I dropped my bags off the ground.

Yoona unnie said she'll be on room 7. I guess I'll pay her a visit later. I thought.



I held on to my cellphone and texted unnie about my arrival. I hope she has food on her fridge! I haven't got time to buy foods for myself.--- Ah! The thought of how maybe Yoona unnie got junk foods scattered all over her place filled my mind. She definitely looks like a person like that. She eats like a somebody who hasn't eaten for a week.That's not good!I need to fix her fridge before she dies! I thought to myself.



As I opened the door into my apartment and pulled my bags inside, I suddenly heard a small noise from the outside. I was curious and went out to see what it was. Surprisingly, the noise I heard came from the door next to mine.

Faint sounds of shouting could be heard from outside even with a closed door. One from a woman and another from a man and it sounds like a serious argument.

My neighboors' door suddenly emmitted a loud bump. The door next to mine bumped once more and it opened quickly right after.

An old guy came rushing out of it while being held on the collar with by hands of a long black haired girl who wore black jacket. She seems to be about the same age as me.

The girl held on the old man's collar with both hands while shouting. "Did you understand me?, NEVER! EVER come back here again!!"

A slightly older woman came from the inside begging with fear, telling the younger girl to stop hurting the man.

"Shut up mom!" The girl exclaimed. "You don't deserve a man like this, and so does he!" She pushed the old man once more and he fell and ran off.

"KWON YURI!!?? Why did you do that??! That man--" - Older woman.

"That man could never be my new father Mom. Isn't the two of us enough for you? Why can't you understand me?" The girl tried to emphasize.

The older woman got silent. Tears started showing as she slowly went back inside their house and gently closed the door.

Kwon Yuri. I guess that's this girl's name. I actually got stiffly paralized just by watching such unexplainable scene.



While watching in awe, I didn't realize how rude it was that I kept staring at that girl. The girl noticed my presence. She was shocked at first and eventually gave a cold stare.

I got startled and my senses came back to me. Uncounsciously, I bowed 90 degrees, maybe even more. I closed my eyes and shouted

"JWESONGHAMNIDA!!" - Seriously polite way of saying sorry - Seohyun

"Eh?..." The girl wondered.

"YAAH! YOU---"

I didn't let her finish her words and immediately ran inside of my apartment and quickly closed the door.

My heart beated fast. I thought I was going to die.Sigh I never thought this was gonna happen on the very first day I start a new life.




Don't tell me I'd have to face this everyday? I thought.

 

 

 

 

I spent the day trying to fix my apartment. The carriage took longer than expected. It arrived at 2 pm in the afternoon. I would have went outside to look for something to do because my books that are practically my hobbies are in that carriage. But no, I was too scared to go outside with a random chance of meeting that neighbor with regards to what happened just awhile ago. But seriously, a live drama in the morning? That just doesn't happen too often. Does it?

Just so you know, what the carriage had was only efficient for my bedroom, so it was the only place that was full and decorative. Once you go outside of my room, you'll be in an empty land.

=9:00 pm. My phone rang.=

"Yobosehyo? Unnie?"- Seohyun

"Seohyun ah!!! You arrived?! Gaah, I'm so excited, I'll go there right away!!! >_<"

"KIDAHRYOHUSEYO! 'Please WAIT!!'..I-I'll come over there instead unnie."

"Eh? Waeyo?"- Yoona

"Uh..hmm, NOTHING..Annyoung!"

Gaah..I can't let her see what a disaster it is other than my room

I quickly went out of my bed, fixed myself and went outside. Unfortunately, as soon as I opened the door, KWON YURI was already standing outside. The 50/50 chances of meeting her was unbearable. She got startled by my presence , and a little bit annoyed perhaps?

She diverted her gaze from mine, took her hood on and put her hands in her pockets. She walked away as soon as she did. I got quite intimidated. Who was that Kwon Yuri? I asked myself. I soon walked behind her. Aish..-_- maybe she'll think that I'm a stalker or something?. I thought. And suddenly I heard her whisper something.

'Aish, Seongashin 'So annoying'..' Yuri whispered. I slowed down when I heard her,  her footsteps then began to be become faster and before I knew it, she was already some distances away from me. I was a bit thrown back by what she said. It's not as if I was following her or anything? But maybe she's still annoyed by what happened earlier. *Sigh* I walked slowly and went downstairs to look for room 7. As soon as I came in-front of her flat, the door immediately opened.

"SEOHYUN AH!!!" Unnie rushed out and hugged me.

"U-Unnie, too loud?.." - Seohyun

"Who cares?..Pali! pali kasseyo! Let's go inside and eat!" she said.

"Ne..Slow down will you." I said while smiling.

She soon offered me a sit under her kotatsu -A Japanese winter table covered in futon to keep you warm-.

My family was really rich and prestigious so mom and dad never decorated the house with anything normal. They'd always use furnitures from different countries to decorate the house. I heard this kotatsu is best when you're with your family while eating. I wonder what it feels like to eat with your family. I thought.


Unnie immediately prapared tea for me.

"So, how's the apartment? Good right!" She said enthusiatically.

"Uh..It's very..different..from my house.But I guess I'll get used to it." I said

"I see..Sorry, maybe you really are uncomfortable here, considering you're status I mean." She replied.

"Ani Unnie. It's fine really, promise! But uh..hmm"

"Wae?" -Yoona

"I uh..got a really disturbing neighbor you see. And maybe she's the only door mate I have considering that my room is at the corner."

"Neighbor? Oh you mean, number 10?..number...Yul" Unnie's expression changed

It's as if she was saddened. She was dazed.

"Wae unnie?" I asked.

"H-huh?..eh?" Yoona was startled and came back to her senses.

"Uhm, nothing. I mean, you don't really need to worry about them. The Kwons have a bit of a..family problem you see. But Miss Kwon is really kind. VERY kind in-fact." Yoona continued.

"Then uh..her daughter." The face of that Kwon girl flashed onto my mind again.

"Kwon Yuri is..uhm, well..She's kinda hard to describe. I wouldn't tell you to stay away from her or anything like that but..I think it's better if you did. But, she's not a bad person ok. Just--"

"Arasso unnie, you don't have to tell me any more than that.." I'd actually want to know more but, you're quite hesitant.

I stood up as soon as the conversation stopped and directly went to her fridge.

"Yah..Seo, what are you doing? I don't like what you're thinking." - Yoona

"Yosh!, Time to ransack this fridge of bad health!!!" -  Seohyun

"SEOHYUN!!! YAAH!!"




 

 

 

 

 





Well, I stayed at her flat till it was 12:00 am. I always had fun whenever I'm with unnie.

I first met her at her school. I wasn't from their school but I stayed there as an exchange student. Every year a school would choose their respective students to exchange with another school for three months, by then, the student should observe and give her observations from the school she exchanged with. That way the schools would have bettered themselves.

I was chosen as one of those students. Everyone was fascinated with me even from day one. Some went and introduced themselves to me but, I don't think anyone really wanted to be a real friend. I searched around the school and accidentally went into the theater. There I saw her practicing by herself. The way she acted was very realistic. I was mesmerized. By then she soon took notice of me. As soon as she noticed, without any hesitation,  she jumped out of the stage, went towards me and held my hand and actually tried to recruit me into their club. She was a very energetic as a person, very contrast to me but I think that that is why we got along so easily.

After studying at her school for quite some time. I finally came to a conclusion to study there for the next semester. Her school was quite active and that really piqued my interest, that's why.

My previous school was really professionally proper. You needed to act prestigious, and I couldn't really handle it despite how natural I was in it. Always smiling, and doing everything like robots never really had me going.

 

 


Later on. I decided to go back to my flat.

 

Speaking of which. I wonder If she came home. For a girl to go outside so late, I don't think that's safe. I thought.

"Hmm..I think, I shouldn't really need to worry about someone I don't even know..Sigh"

 

Meanwhile...

 

In the dark of the night. The audience were hyped. People chanting. People screaming. That girl owned the stage as if she owned them all. 'BLACK PEARL!!!' they shouted repeatedly.

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------

Writers Note:..Soooo.....that's it for now, I'll try to update this ASAP..I just hope ASAP is available cuz I'd be dead if it's not. >_< I'm not confident on this one, but it's my first. I ship this couple just as much as I do for the others..:D..Got an essay coming, 40 questions, believe that?!..Even I,can't. :'((