5

Right Time, Wrong Love

In Manila (Jiyong’s POV)

 

The moment we set foot in the airport, lots of screaming fans welcomed us. They were hyper at the same time very warm and accommodating. Almost everybody wants to hold our hand and have an autograph of us. So this is how fans in the Philippines are.

 

No wonder Tokki really love the people here.

 

At the moment, we are in one of the studios of Dara’s former home station for a scheduled interview and greet & meet with Philippine VIP.

 

“Hyung, where are the girls?” I asked TOP as we wait for the cue for us to start the interview.

 

“Eh, they are now in Boracay enjoying the beach. They said they haven’t had the chance to visit the place last time due to bad weather,” answered TOP.

 

“Dara noona texted me and said they are enjoying the sand plus the attention they are getting there from fellow tourists. She had MMS picture of them wearing two-piece swimming suit,” teased the maknae.

 

“What, they are wearing swimsuit?!!!!” TOP and I chorused.

 

I want to see the MMS so baaadddddd! How could they wear skimpy suits without us around?

 

Haist!

 

I try to grab the phone of Seungri. But before I can have a grip of it, the show assistant signaled us that the show is about to start.

 

MC: Good day once again to all the viewers of MYX Live! We are lucky to have with us today five gorgeous men of KPop, let us all meet the BIGBANG!

 

I heard screams but I cannot focus myself with the show. I hate it that Dara’s body is exposed to the crowd. That’s the reason I asked secretly her manager to tell her not to remove her jacket anymore in her Kiss performances in US and Japan. Aaaaah

 

MC: How about let’s hear from the leader of the group,

 

I felt Youngbae elbowing me on the side. “Hey Ji, the MC is waiting for your introduction.”

 

“Eh……ah yes. Kumusta kayo? Ako si G-Dragon ang leader ng Bigbang (How are you doing? I am G-Dragon, the leader of Bigbang).

 

MC: Wow you know how to speak our language! Who taught you to speak Filipino?

 

Seungri: Actually, I can also speak it. Mahal ko kayo (I love you all). Dara noona taught us some Filipino words before we came here.

 

MC: Dara, as in Sandara? Ah so you personally know our Krung-krung?

 

TOP: Yes. She and the rest of 2ne1 girls are family to us. We are in the same company.

 

MC: So what can you say about the Philippines, it is your first time here right?

 

Daesung: Yes this is our first time to be here. According to Dara noona, the place is really nice and the reception of the people is very warm. I can see that’s all true based on the fans who came here.

 

Seungri: The people are all beautiful kekeke.

 

MC: I agree. So talk about your Alive Galaxy concert…..

 

After some series of question and answer with the MC, we perform “Fantastic Baby” for the delighted fans…..

 

Dara’s POV

 

I’m on my way to the studio where the interview for the Bigbang is held. Earlier, I told Seungri that we are in Boracay already enjoying the sun and sand. I even asked the girls to wear their swimsuit and have a photo with them kekeke.

 

I want to surprise the guys and tour them around the place and introduce them to some of my celebrity friends. I looked at my watch and was surprised to see the time. “Omo, they could have finished the interview!”

 

I half-walk half-run towards the studio.

 

Just as I opened the door, I heard them say “Wow, fantastic baby!” I am just in the nick of time. They had just finished their performance. I clapped by hands gleefully not aware that I’m getting some attention already.

 

Before I could realize, the camera is focusing my face already. Because of my excitement on seeing the boys live in my former home studio, I’ve forgot that I am not allowed to appear on any broadcast. Before I could utter my complaint to the camera man, I felt warm arms embracing me and leading me towards the side.

 

Jiyong’s POV

 

As we are to end our performance of Fantastic Baby, I noticed that some crowd inside have turned their attention toward someone who just entered the studio door. I saw a familiar red beanie and I instantly knew it was her.

 

Cameras are now following her. I know YG’s rule that if they are in a vacation, they are not allowed to be in any broadcast unless YG is informed of it.

 

I saw her face. The smile was there but she didn’t know want to do and how to react with the cameraman.

 

I went to her place at once enveloping her with my arms leading her away from the camera as I apologetically bowed and maybe the cameraman understood.

 

“Yah, Dara-ah what are you doing here? I thought you girls are in Boracay now? Why did you let yourself be filmed by the camera?” I bombarded her with series of questions.

“Oh I’m sorry. I want to surprise you guys,” she answered.

 

“So you’re not really in Boracay?”

 

“Neh. We will go there after your concert. I will tour the girls later.”

 

“Why did you let yourself be filmed by the camera?” I repeated my question.

 

“I was overwhelmed with happiness that you are performing before some Filipino crowd that’s why I clapped frantically. I didn’t notice the camera is focusing on me already.”

 

“Yeah Dara noona!” yelled Seungri.

 

“Baby panda, you did great back there. Come on I’ll tour you around and introduce you to some of my friends. I’m sure you’ll enjoy it. You are the king of PR kekeke. Ah, Ji thank you for your concern awhile ago. But you can now remove your arms around me. They might think we are in a relationship.”

 

My face became red at once. Actually it really felt good embracing her. But what can I do if she asked me to remove my arms around her.

 

Dara’s POV

 

“Ji, you can now remove your arms around me. They might think we are in a relationship.” I softly said to Jiyong.

 

Actually, I don’t like him to remove his embrace on me. I like the feel of his warm arms around me. Just like before whenever he tries to comfort me during the hard days of training. But, I need to be in control of my emotions or else he might notice already my love for him and I might get hurt in the process. I know, I am just a noona to him and to the rest of the Bigbang.

 

“Come on guys! Let’s meet the CEO first and pay respect before roaming around.”

 

I excitedly exited the door not minding if there are people outside. I didn’t notice someone approaching and our bodies collided.

 

“Sorry. I didn’t see you coming.” I heard the man say.

 

As I looked at the man, I was shocked and happy to see a very familiar face. The face I once loved.

 

“Joseph……”

 

I heard Suengri say: OH, he is Dara noona’s ex-boyfriend!

 

I shifted my gaze to Jiyong who now looks like he is about to devour the man in front of me……..