Chapter 20

My Billion Dollar Man {HIATUS}

Dinner was a bit of a problem, Woohyun tried to prepare Sungjong his meal but the younger man would have none of that. However, he didn’t want to go back home too. So, Myungsoo offered to cook Sungjong the only thing he knew how to make, ramen. The designated chef was giving him the looks of death though for daring to use his kitchen and making instant ramen. “It’s a sin, a sin!” Sungyeol dramatically imitated the stick thin chef with moustache that curls on both ends.

He was happy to share the meals with an unusually perky Sungjong “I used to go fishing with my brother here, it’s actually fun! Oh, you have to see the park here, it’s awesome! I know this guy, his name is Hongki and he kept all sorts of animals, Sungyeol-hyung and I always…,”

‘If you always smile like that, how can I ever let you go?’

Then Hoya passed by and whispered to his ear “Careful, you’re staring too hard” and Myungsoo felt his heart clenched as Hoya walked away after taking an apple from the basket in front of him and pecked Sungjong’s cheek loudly. The younger man laughed rubbing his cheek.

“Hoya-hyung!” he cried and chuckled, waiting for Myungsoo’s turn to eat the ramen from their shared cup. He continued to chatter, eyes glowing and he was actually eating for once. He was so animatedly talking that at one point, a few strands of the younger man’s silky hair got into his eye and Myungsoo had the strongest urge to push it back, not realizing that his hand had moved on its own accord.

“Why move away from here? Why not stay? I’ve never seen you so happy,” Myungsoo asked softly, as he played with Sungjong’s hair, a grin spread across his face.

Sungjong dropped his gaze then “…I wanted it,” he answered simply. “Hey, hyung…you’ve never seen my brother and sisters right? I’ll show you their picture albums. Let’s go up to my room,” he stood up and held out a hand. Myungsoo hesitated just for a split second, wondering the reason he felt so conflicted.

If Woohyun’s room was large, Sungjong’s was well Sungjong’s room was on the second floor, and about three quarter of the floor was his. His bed was double the size he had at the other house. However, the room felt a little bit too spacious and not as welcoming as the other one probably because most of personal possessions were not in the West house.

“When we moved, I left some of the albums here because sometimes we do come here when we miss this place,” he walked and when he was near his bed, he dropped to his knees and crawled under his bed much to Myungsoo’s astonishment

‘ keep your eyes up Myungsoo!” and he looked up at the room’s black ceiling, surprised to see glow- in- the- dark stars. Curious, he went and switched off the room’s lights and ‘Cassiopeia’ he thought as he saw the brightest red stars in a ‘W’ shape.

“Yah hyung!” Sungjong’s voice startled him “turn the light back on!” he shouted from under the bed. Myungsoo grinned, switching the lights back on

“What you really are a fanboy huh?” he smirked as Sungjong’s head poked out from under the bed; the younger man’s expression was dark. Sungjong scoffed and pouted. Becoming more amused, Myungsoo kneeled and gripped both of the other boy’s shoulder and pulled him out much to Sungjong’s shock. “You need to eat more, you know,” he commented

“You were the one implying I was heavy the other day!” Sungjong exclaimed exasperatedly as he slapped Myungsoo’s chest.

“So you didn’t answer my question,” Myungsoo noted causing Sungjong to roll his eyes and reached for two huge and cutely decorated albums out.

“Ah, I used to have this friend who had a sister but she passed away. You know when we were young; we used to think that when people die, they become stars. He always slept over here so I thought I’d do something nice for him,” he then seated himself on the bed, patting the space beside him for Myungsoo.

He opened to the first page and it was a photo of a family of four “This is my late father, my umma, and my sister, Sunkyu but she hates the name, so we call her Sunny,” Sungjong really enjoyed telling stories about his family it seemed “…I don’t know much about our biological dad, he died two months after I was born,” noticing Myungsoo’s gaze though he shook his head

“…no, no don’t look at me like that. When I was eight, umma met this man, I really liked him. Without him all these won’t happen…,” he gestured towards his room “…he’s an orphan but he did adopt two children before he met mother, my brother Jiyoung and my other sister Yuri,” he showed them the pictures “we were nearly homeless then, umma had to work hard and when she met appa, our life suddenly changed,”

 Then a knock came from the door and Sunggyu entered. He was anxious and he sat on the bed uninvited “yah emmm Sungjongie…mind if I steal him for a little while?” Sungjong blinked and nodded.

They were in Sunggyu’s room and he locked the door “okay, I’ll go straight to the point. I need your help…,” Myungsoo slowly nodded “I’m sure someone like you have a lot of experience with you know relationship things…,” Myungsoo’s mouth formed an ‘o’ “…don’t you dare laugh or I’ll kick you out of the house!”

He explained that he wanted to give a present to someone special, Myungsoo schooled his expression into a calm and cool one. He really tried his best to be serious “…but the thing is I want something new you know. I don’t want to give him…,”

“him?..”

I said her!” the man immediately corrected and Myungsoo held in a smirk “…every year I got her the same gift and I want something new and special because I think I…I think I’ve found the right person. I mean don’t look at me like that okay…,” he glared at Myungsoo who grinned cheekily and held up his hands as a sign of peace.

“You better not tell anyone about this or I’ll personally kill you alright…so any advice?” just like Sunggyu who were actually looking up at him with hopeful eyes.

Myungsoo frowned when he woke up at half past two at dawn, realizing that his roommate was nowhere to be seen. He didn’t know what woke him because he usually was a heavy sleeper so he groggily woke up and went outside the dark hallway and bumped into Sungyeol who was holding a glass of water.

“Aish, will you look at…oh it’s dark. You probably need some vitamin A like me too. I’m like blind seriously…,”

“What are you doing up so late? Are you thirsty?” he asked Sungyeol who didn’t answer. True to his nature, he persisted until Sungyeol got irritated, “Sungjong is having a nightmare. He woke me up with his screaming…,”

“What?” Myungsoo immediately was alert and he tugged Sungyeol upstairs “So where’s Hoya?”

“With him of course, he’s supposed to keep watch on him whenever we’re here after all,” Myungsoo was worried and he didn’t understand half of what Sungyeol was saying. When he arrived at the door, he was about to rush in but Sungyeol pulled him back. He frowned and was about to protest but Sungyeol shoved him the glass of water “give this to Sungjong,” Myungsoo’s eyes widened as he tried to not spill anymore than the other man did

“Why won’t you come in?” Myungsoo hissed, looking back and forth concernedly, continuing to try dragging the man but he fought against it “Yah Sungyeol!” Myungsoo’s patience was really wearing thin. Sungyeol gave protests that were getting louder as he struggled. Myungsoo was even more stunned as he saw the look of utter panic on Sungyeol’s face.

A sharp tug made Myungsoo lost grip of Sungyeol’s hand and the taller man stumbled before he was steadied in the arms of Woohyun who had an unreadable expression on his face. Sunggyu appeared, looked at both of them “Woohyun, go bring Sungyeol down, I’ll be there in a moment,”

Ushering Myungsoo into the room, the lights were switched on and both Hoya and Sungjong were watching them.

“Why didn’t he want to come in? Why does he look…so scared?” Myungsoo demanded as he neared the two. Sungjong was fine it seemed, though there were wet traces on his cheeks indicating the tears.  However, none of them answered his question.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                                        A/N: Look at Sungjongie's beautiful smile :D I wish he'll keep smiling like this forever ^^

                                                    

                                                    

                                                   oh I might have another chapter coming...==" I should've reached this one scene alreadeh...