Chapter 17

My Billion Dollar Man {HIATUS}

Mrs Lee was waiting by the door anxiously, clearly she had been waiting for awhile for them and she wasn’t all too happy about it. Sungjong immediately jumped out of the car and hugged her mother who started to scold him but he told her about the man freezing to his death just a few turns over and Mrs Lee calmed down, before she freaked out again upon seeing a bloated faced Sungyeol with almost blue lips and chattering teeth.

She ushered him inside and told him to wear something while she herself called Kai over “I wanna go out, you follow me,” she then asked Woohyun for the car keys and went out the door. Sungjong told Myungsoo that she was probably going over to the man herself. Meanwhile, Woohyun was calling someone- his parents it seemed and Sungyeol was somewhere in the house.

Hoya then appeared, asking Myungsoo to go shower and meet him up in their room which he showed him on the way of telling him where the shower room was. When he was dressed in his brand new t-shirt and comfortable pants- the clothes they had for him arrived earlier in the evening and were kept in another room because there were too many of them and Myungsoo had a lot of trouble choosing one-he made his way to his and Hoya’s room.

Hoya was reading a book with his black-rimmed glasses on a love seat and he asked Myungsoo to close the door and locked it. There were twin beds there, looking brand new and very elegant. Myungsoo raised an eyebrow at them “Just arrived here almost two hours ago, imported from Japan just for you,” Hoya smirked.

“How is that even possible?” Myungsoo asked

“Kidding alright,” Hoya stuck his tongue out calmly “but they are new from the nearest local furniture store, imported from Japan of course,”

Myungsoo sat at one and Hoya stood up, putting his book on a clear glass table in front of him and went to the other bed “Alright that’s your bed and this is mine. Mrs Lee love to spoil people but there’s a pressing matter I want to talk to you about,” Hoya began, facing Myungsoo and the younger man gave Hoya his full attention.

“Our Sungjongie has a crush on you,” his casual announcement nearly made Myungsoo coughed violently all of a sudden. Hoya shook his head in amusement and waited until Myungsoo focused on him again. “He tells me everything… It’s probably because you’re good-looking so I believe it’ll pass…,” his tone was sure and the atmosphere was getting more serious “but you on the other hand…,”

It was absolutely depressing silence for a few seconds before Hoya continued “I think it’s best for you to remember who you are and who he is,”

Myungsoo tensed “What are you saying?”

“Mrs Lee Suyeon is a good woman but I’ve been with the Lees far longer than any other employees. Sungjong has one biological sister do you know that?” Myungsoo nodded “Have you ever wondered why Sungjong is the only heir?” he did wonder about that too “It’s because he is her favourite son. She’ll do everything for her youngest son. What she thought is the best for him anyway,” then Hoya relaxed a little “I don’t know why I feel a little worked up for a small matter like this, but you do get my point right?”

To Myungsoo’s solemn nod, Hoya sighed “It’s not that I have anything against you, you know. It’ll pass, I know Jongie’s real pretty,” at this Hoya smiled a little “…but best set your eyes on other people,”

“I don’t think my feelings are that serious anyway,” Myungsoo figured that he better get it out there Hoya nodded understandingly. ‘I hope’ he added inwardly

“Well glad to hear that, besides, you don’t want to get yourself tangled in the already messed up love-triangle of Woohyun-Sungyeol-Sungjong anyway…,” Hoya pulled off his comforter and got under it “….and some other relationship complications,” he said under his breath “oh, please turn-off the lights, thank you,”  then he turned away from Myungsoo.

However the only thing Myungsoo caught was the first part

“…besides, you don’t want to get yourself tangled in the already messed up love-triangle of Woohyun-Sungyeol-Sungjong anyway…,”

He could hardly sleep that night, his mind kept replaying the sentence, he knew Woohyun’s feeling about Sungyeol and Sungyeol seemed to reciprocate it ‘so where does Sungjong fit in?’ Then he kept replaying memories of their interaction of each other.

The kisses, Sungyeol’s protectiveness over Sungjong, the younger man’s obvious care of Sungyeol. He recalled the day when Sungjong was attacked, how murderous Sungyeol had looked. He was going to kill the man if it weren’t for Dongwoo saying that he should be making sure if Sungjong was alright.

“…Sungjong doesn’t like to kiss just anybody. He picked Sungyeol himself…” Himchan’s words were on repeat in his head.

Myungsoo was dead exhausted the next morning, dark circles were under his eyes. Hoya didn’t say anything but only sent him looks of sympathy. Mrs Lee called him after breakfast, saying that Zi Tao was ready to meet him. Myungsoo didn’t know how he would fare since he was really not ready to do anything.

And it …Zi Tao though he was younger; the man was clearly very skilled and more experienced as a result, it was a double y day.

He was resting on the hammock at the backyard with a manga he’d stole from one of Dongwoo’s littered collection from his room when he heard the sound of footsteps on grass nearing him. Myungsoo looked up and saw Sungjong through half-lidded eyes because of the sun.

He sat up immediately, putting his manga on his lap as he saw Sungjong smiling at him-apparently not angry at him anymore-, bringing him a bottle of cool water “Isn’t it hot sitting on hammocks in the afternoon?” he asked taking a seat unsteadily on the large green hammock and handing Myungsoo the bottle of water which the latter took gratefully.

“It feels so stuffy in the house. I need the fresh air,” Myungsoo answered “Have you eaten yet?” he was a really worried with Sungjong’s eating habit. He’d always given Myungsoo the larger portion of his food. The younger man shook his head saying that he wasn’t hungry. The older man frowned “yes, you are. You have barely eaten anything since I’ve met you! It’s a wonder you’re still standing up even now,”

“I’m strong you know, I know I may look fragile to you but…,” Sungjong started to defend himself as he looked at his hyung but he trailed off as Myungsoo seemed deep in thought “…what are you thinking hyung?”

“I’m thinking…,” Myungsoo began ‘whether I should give up on you’ “how close are you with Hoya-hyung?”

“Hoya? He’s like my brother. The best older brother ever. If I needed someone to just listen to me, it’s him. Hoya-hyung is a very understanding person,” Sungjong’s eyes lightened up with admiration as he said this. Myungsoo made sure to pay close attention to his reaction as he asked about Woohyun next

“He’s…Woohyun-hyung is a very secretive person. He’s never confide anything to me before and I never noticed this until you mentioned it. I hardly know anything about Woohyun-hyung at all,” Sungjong’s tone was getting gloomier so Myungsoo put his cold, wet hand from the cool water bottle on his face startling the younger man. “Yah hyung!” Sungjong glared at him in disbelief. “What’s that for?” a little grin tug the corners of his mouth though as Myungsoo laughed

“You shouldn’t frown,” Myungsoo pulled the younger man by his hand and pinched his cheeks much to Sungjong’s dismay “I like it more when you smile,” suddenly Myungsoo’s smile fell as he remembered Hoya’s words.

Hyung…you’re staring again,” Sungjong softly said, but his gaze didn’t waver when Myungsoo put his forehead on his, letting his hands caressed his cheeks.

“I-…,” Myungsoo’s felt the pull, the magnetic pull of the younger man’s lips, soft and inviting. Sungjong’s expression wasn’t helping either- ever the innocent angel- but Myungsoo had the gut feeling, the feeling that Sungjong was hiding something. There were more to the young boy than meets the eyes. “What secrets are you keeping from me?” Myungsoo whispered making the other boy shivered at their closeness.

Sungjong gently pushed away his hyung, biting his lower lip “Hyung…don’t. You and I, we don’t know each other that much yet. It’s not fair when you ask me what I kept from you when I don’t know your secrets,” he raised an eyebrow as Myungsoo pondered over his words, carefully assessing the younger man’s expression.

“A secret for a secret,” Myungsoo finally decided and nodded to him. Then he asked Sungjong to get on the hammock properly with him to which Sungjong complied obediently. “What about Sungyeol? What is he to you?” he asked as Sungjong settled and lay down beside Myungsoo who remained sitting, enjoying the sway of the hammock.

“General opinion on him or secrets?” Sungjong inquired hesitantly. Myungsoo tilted his head and answered that he wanted to know both.

“Sungyeollie-hyung…he has many worries that sometimes I’ll get troubled by how constantly he worries about everything and nothing. He may seemed happy all the time but he actually hides a lot of sadness,” Sungjong answered honestly “He pranks people a lot, makes me worry about him all the time, very honest to the point that sometimes he got rude a bit and he always to bully me…,”

Myungsoo waited

“But you know what hyung?…I’d die without him,”

and Myungsoo's heart stopped

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N : Ahah O.o alrighty actually the next chapter is really closed to being finished. Like I just need to rearrange this and that, add something in and viola...but my sister wants to use the laptop now so we'll have to wait --" I'll try to work on 2 chapters before my exams again ^^ Thank you so much to my readers alright :D