Chapter 10

My Billion Dollar Man {HIATUS}

Park Bom’s unexpected laughter seemed to jolt both Myungsoo and Sungjong. Myungsoo gave a start as he realized that Bom was giggling genuinely as she clapped eagerly “Sungyeol, you dork!” she said. Myungsoo turned to Sungyeol who sheepishly smiled at her. She went up and hugged the man before bursting to tears saying her thanks to him repeatedly.

“Noona yah, please don’t cry. I don’t wanna have to call you Bom ahjumma,” Sungyeol in a soft teasing tone making Bom slap his arm and chuckled again, wiping the new wave of tears furiously with the back of her hand.

“I hate you silly boy,” she sobbed and then turned to Sungjong, apologizing to him profusely before being swept in an embrace by the younger man. Myungsoo looked away sharply and saw that Woohyun was stumbling a bit farther away from the group. Worried, Myungsoo trailed after him.

Woohyun’s phone was ringing and Myungsoo guessed he was trying to answer it by the way he was fumbling with his back jeans pocket but failed. He turned surprised to see Sungyeol by his side, jogging fast to catch up to Woohyun who tripped and fell face first on the sands. The flavourist groaned and he tried to sit up but only managed to flip himself on his back. He let out more slurred moans and both Myungsoo and Sungyeol reached him and tried to help him up but he adamantly refused. So Sungyeol took his phone and redialed the person who called Woohyun, when he met Myungsoo’s questioning gaze

“His mom is worried, he usually calls her every night, she lives in the states you see but I think he got carried away tonight,” he told him. The call was answered at the first ring and Sungyeol put it on loudspeaker, greeting Mrs Nam with a small smile on his face “Hi auntie, this is Sungyeollie,”

“Yeollie? Oh how are you my dear? I haven’t heard from you in awhile, I’ve missed you and that cutie Sungjongie. When are you going to come visit me?” Mrs Nam was pleasantly surprised. Woohyun was motioning for the phone still lying on the sands, pouting miserably as Sungyeol pointedly turned away from him. After exchanging more pleasantries, Sungyeol looked down at Woohyun who was gazing at him expectantly with wide, glassy eyes.

“…umma…umma…,” Woohyun repeatedly cried like a baby flailing his arms, Myungsoo sat beside him on the sand while Sungyeol released a sigh and sit on the other side, bringing the phone near Woohyun who immediately perked up. Even when his mother berated him on the phone as soon as she discovered he was drunk, Woohyun was still using his honest and loving tone, in fact he didn’t seem to register his mother’s angry voice as he kept repeating innocently“…umma I misshh you, you okaay? “

Myungsoo heard Mrs Nam heaved a loud sigh “I don’t know what to do with you Woohyunnie. Thank God I only have one of you,” then her son didn’t give her mother a chance to speak more as he told her stories, mostly on trivial matters, barely able to string coherent sentences. However, Myungsoo softened as he saw Woohyun’s constant silly smiles and affectionate tone. A pang of jealousy flooded him as he continued to watch Woohyun.

He focused on Sungyeol instead who was lying on his back, eyes upward to the black sky dotted with twinkling stars. He traced some constellations with the tip of his finger, occasionally turning to Woohyun with carefully shielded gazes and turned his attention away after a few seconds. Myungsoo thought it was a deliberately planned move-it was painfully obvious Sungyeol was trying hard to tear his eyes away from Woohyun -since he knew Myungsoo was watching him like a hawk.

So Myungsoo did the only thing he felt right. He stood up and left them, nodding once to Sungyeol and went back to the gathering where an unknown man was dancing again, people were cheering him as if it wasn’t late in the night. “Moon Jongup, Moon Jongup…”

His attention was diverted from them as he saw Sungjong, a little secluded from the group. Bom was nowhere to be seen. He decided to give the boy some company, all aware that his heart started to do somersaults against his ribs. When he sat beside him, Sungjong turned and gave him a half-lidded look but it was clear he wasn’t in the right state of mind.

“Are you alright?” Myungsoo asked in concern. He frowned as Sungjong didn’t answer but only look at him with an indecipherable stare.

“Thank you…” Sungjong finally said softly

“For what?”

“Saving my life,”

“Did you drink?”

“Only a little,” he wasn’t lying but there was something off about him, sensing this Sungjong answered “I’m not drunk enough…I want to go home,” Myungsoo nodded and stood up to ask somebody to take them home but a hand encircled his wrist and gently tug him

Don’t leave me,” the words sent shivers down his spine.

He laced his hand with Sungjong and brought him to where Sunggyu was sleeping on Dongwoo’s lap. The man really liked dozing off on people’s laps it seemed. Hoya told him he’d take them home, stealing Sunggyu’s car keys from his back jeans pocket with the help of Dongwoo and traded it with his own motorcycle keys.

He let Sungjong lie down on the backseat while he sat in the front passenger’s seat while Hoya drove. It was total silence for about five minutes. Myungsoo was sure Sungjong was asleep by then. Hoya apparently thought so too as he began to speak “He gets really quiet if he drinks a little. However, if he’s totally drunk it’d be funnier though,” Hoya smirked a little but then he continued “He doesn’t like it really but today it was supposed to be a little get together to relieve all the stress so I said it wouldn’t hurt to have one of those once in awhile,”

Myungsoo stayed silent as Hoya went on “he really wanted to introduce you to his friends too but Bom noona distracted him I think. She was his neighbour in his old hometown. She’s very rich so you could say Sungjong didn’t use to live the way he lives right now. Noona was going through the bitter phase in her marriage life at the moment. Sungjong told me he’d like to make up for this tomorrow,” Myungsoo raised an eyebrow, though Hoya couldn’t see

“Make up for what?”

Hoya answered that Sungjong felt guilty for not treating him better and promised to take him shopping the next day after he was done with Hoya’s gym session- and Hoya told Myungsoo he expected him to come with the training too-

“I thought he has the musical rehearsal tomorrow.”

“That’s in the afternoon but it’ll last until late at night,” Hoya answered, Myungsoo frowned, really worried that they wouldn’t get enough rest. “Don’t worry; we will have plenty of rest after tomorrow,”

When they arrived, Hoya asked Myungsoo to bring Sungjong up to his room first because he wanted to park the car at the back of the house. Myungsoo carried Sungjong who was half awake all the way to his room. He put him down on his bed and by that time the younger man was wide awake but he didn’t say a word.

Myungsoo smiled gently at him as he sat up and looked at him. He patted Sungjong’s head and made to leave but not before he caught on Sungjong’s dejected expression. His mind was screaming for him to turn back around, however, he didn’t. He really didn’t want to indulge on his feelings, he was confused enough as he was so he ignored it. He went out feeling strangely angry…no he was furious at himself.

He waited for Hoya who’d told him earlier that he could sleep in their room because it was late and he was going to be Hoya’s roommate anyway but when the man came through the back door and saw him, the first thing he asked was “Was Sungjong asleep when you left him?” confused, Myungsoo shook his head and he saw Hoya’s eyes widened. His heart started to pick up speed and when Hoya suddenly bolted upstairs, he panicked.

It took a few more seconds before he gathered enough courage to follow Hoya and back into Sungjong’s room. He was beginning to feel faint when he saw no one was on the bed when he noticed Hoya had the younger boy in his embrace on the floor at one of the hidden corners in the room. Hoya was murmuring soft, gentle words to the boy and Myungsoo was ashamed to even walks in to the room

His eyes landed on a frame of picture lying just beside Sungjong’s body and the only words that came from the boy’s muffled sobs was “He left me,” repeatedly. Hoya looked up and saw Myungsoo, he nodded at him understandingly and motioned for him to wait outside.

'There were many things I still didn’t know about them' Myungsoo thought regretfully as he went outside again and closed the door, leaning against Sungjong's door with a defeated sigh and he slid down on the floor, bringing his knees up and buried his face in his arms

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: So how was it? :D I don't know when's the next one coming though unfortunately the next wave of my exams starts tomorrow --"

Big thanks for my subscribers and readers I really appreciate it ^^