Chapter 18

My Billion Dollar Man {HIATUS}

“…He always makes me laugh, constantly looks out for me and takes care of me so well. He’s the kindest. He apologizes to people if he realized that his words hurt them and he always tells me that we have the right to judge others, what we don’t is to hurt them,”

‘…and you love him…,’ Myungsoo thought soberly. “Can you do something for me Jongie?” Myungsoo croaked out. He didn’t know why his throat suddenly felt dry, his head seemed to spin and his heart constricted painfully. When Sungjong sat up and nodded worriedly at his hyung’s sudden strange behavior.

“Forget that we…I’ve ever kissed you. It was a mistake, I was not in the right state of mind…,” seeing Sungjong’s questioning gaze, Myungsoo swallowed hard, took the bottle of water on his lap in a tight grip and carefully explained “I’m sorry if I…,” and he trailed off, because really…he didn’t have any good explanation at all.

“What are you talking about Hyung?” Sungjong inquired and for a moment Myungsoo cursed himself in his head and beating himself over at his own idiocy but when he caught Sungjong’s eyes…and saw the mischievous twinkle in his eyes, understanding dawned on him “Did you dream about kissing me? Eh?” the younger man grinned brightly as he teased Myungsoo.

Myungsoo inhaled deeply before he laughed and shook his head “Who would dream about you huh?” he playfully asked and wrestled the younger man making the hammock swayed violently “Yah! You’re going to make us fall! Don’t fight back too much!” Myungsoo pinched the younger man’s cheek again making Sungjong retaliate by punching his arm hard “you’re not cute when you do that!” he began tickling the younger man

“Hyung!” Sungjong yelled “I’ll really kill you if you don’t stop now!”

‘Sungjong-ah… you’re kinder’

“I’d like to see you try!” Myungsoo raised an eyebrow and laughed as the boy pouted, not realizing the scandalous position they were in

“Ooooh, having in broad daylight huh? y …,” the voice made both men on the hammock froze and their eyes widened. Myungsoo gulped as he noticed that he was on Sungjong.

Sungyeol laughed hysterically as Myungsoo, in an effort to scramble away from Sungjong, had fallen face first on the ground bringing along the younger man in his downfall but Myungsoo’s foot was still tangled in the twisted hammock. “Karma’s a ,prettyface! That’s what you get for stealing MY spotlight!”

Several minutes later, Sungyeol showed them in the advertisement section of the newspaper which was reporting on the final rehearsal of the much anticipated musical and right smack in the middle was a very clear and large photo of Kim Myungsoo with the headline “The Candle That’ll Melt Your Heart With His Cold Stare”

That would really be troubling, Myungsoo wasn't even going to be in the musical on the real day

Myungsoo didn’t want to comment anything on that so instead he asked Sungyeol about the wrapped medium-sized box complete with a cute red bow in his other hand. Sungjong tried to take away the box discreetly but Sungyeol grinned teasingly while holding the box up.

“So what’s that for?” Myungsoo asked

Sungyeol looked at him and frowned “I wanna say none of your business but you have a habit of annoyingly repeating questions until it bugs the hell out of me so I’ll answer,” however after a few seconds of total silence, Myungsoo began questioning him again. “Okay, okay sheesh impatient brat!” he stuck his tongue out to him.

“I want a truce with Woohyun, it’s getting boring without him to pick on. So I’m giving this to him as a peace offering,” he explained proudly presenting the gift

Myungsoo raised an eyebrow because he really thought there was something wrong with this picture and Sungjong crossed his arms while tapping his foot impatiently. Sungyeol sighed “Why are you guys so difficult?” he then told them to follow him and they went to find Woohyun in the other quite far side of the house.

Myungsoo curiously looked at the white thick door in front of him and put one hand on it “Is this Woohyun-hyung’s room?”

“Yeah,” Sungjong nodded

A few seconds later, Woohyun poked his head out, he was shirtless it seemed. He smiled when he saw them

“Yah Nam Woohyun, I cooked something specially for you,” Sungyeol started. Woohyun’s eyes widened as he saw the box but he sensed something wrong with Sungyeol giving him – his arch nemesis-a present

Why?” he asked suspiciously

Sungyeol sweetly smiled and said “I want a truce. Oh come on! You give me black eyes and swollen cheeks. It’s hard to sleep and brush my teeth you know, how about feeling guilty for what you did to me and at least try eat?” the other man seemed to brighten up, smiling widely and asking them to wait for him while he put something on

“Tch a piece of cake!” Sungyeol muttered under his breath.

“Hyung…,” Myungsoo began worriedly as he turned to Sungyeol, remembering what the choding was doing in the kitchen a few days ago. The other told him to shut up.

Myungsoo was beginning to get uneasy and very guilty because Woohyun looked really happy. The kind the kind that you would never want to shatter…because Woohyun, as Myungsoo watched, was very much in love…and Myungsoo really prayed that for once Sungyeol wouldn’t do something idiotic. For all of their sakes

“He’s not going to fall for your trick!” Sungjong was saying this, looking a tad angry at him “He’s really clever…and really hyung…,” but Sungyeol silenced the younger man by putting his index finger against Sungjong’s mouth. Myungsoo looked on, fingers curling at his sides and he tried to calm down. All this was definitely not good for his heart.

When they arrived at the dining room, the smell of nicely cooked rice assaulted their senses. Sungyeol told them to sit down and put the box in front of Woohyun before he reheated their lunches “You wouldn’t mind eating my food today do you Sungjongie?” Sungjong wanted to protest at first but he glanced back at Woohyun who was focusing on the gift.

“You can open that too you know” Sungyeol added as he saw Woohyun.

Myungsoo felt dread as Woohyun eagerly opened the box and there were the chocolate cookies. They were more than ten of them; each had cute smileys expressions in different colours on them. Woohyun beamed and thanked Sungyeol who remained silent and nodded, standing beside Myungsoo as he waited for the food to be cooked.

As he took a bite, Myungsoo waited with bated breath but Woohyun didn’t show any outward reaction, he felt Sungyeol tense beside him as Woohyun finished one cookie without any reaction. When Sungyeol served their lunch in front of them, Myungsoo hesitantly look at the food. Woohyun was busy munching on his cookie but after three of them, he also went to dig in the food.

Sungjong as usual took longer seconds to eat one spoonful of rice but the fact that Sungyeol was watching them like a hawk was more of the reason he was wary of the man who was seated beside Myungsoo, directly opposite Woohyun.

Then Sungjong let out a cry that startled Myungsoo “It’s painful!” he was fanning his tongue and running to the sink. That was when Sungyeol started to laugh. Myungsoo glared at him and both stood up to help the younger man. Giving a glass of cold water to the younger boy, Sungyeol patted his back

“I thought you wouldn’t be able to taste it” Sungyeol cackled

“He can’t taste the flavour! Doesn’t mean he’s immune to the sting,” Myungsoo growled, he actually could also felt the tell tale tingle after only about two mouthful of the rice plus the very hot chicken totally covered with more than just chili-based sauce. It was explodingly spicy and hot.

Sungjong was also throwing a tantrum right in the kitchen and all three were busy bickering that they forgot about Woohyun. It wasn’t until Dongwoo who was singing loudly while entering the kitchen, stopped short and exclaimed worriedly “Woohyun are you okay?” that all three of them turned to Woohyun whose mouth was flaming red and his cheeks were tear-stained.

It seemed that he had finished his lunch and was on the way of finishing Sungyeol’s cookies.

Y-yah Nam Woohyun!” Myungsoo heard the choding’s voice crack as he shouted at Woohyun who continued to eat even though they could see that he was not alright. His forehead was beaded with sweats. He just looked dead at Sungyeol as he ate yet another one of the chocolate chili cookie without stopping

“It’s for me right?” he asked softly. Sungyeol stood up and angrily slapped Woohyun’s hand as he reached for another one of the cookie.

Do you want to kill yourself?” He demanded harshly as he took the box and threw it into the bin. Then he hauled Woohyun up to his feet and dragged him out of the kitchen. Myungsoo stood up as well and get a jug of cold water adding a lot of ice cubes in it.

Woohyun was immediately taken to the hospital as he vomited a lot and wouldn’t stop writhing on the bed clutching his stomach when Lay was called to check up on him. After a few hours, the man was on the verge of losing his voice as well.

Mrs Lee was furious when she found out the full story but it wasn’t directed at Sungyeol but Woohyun

Now you couldn’t eat solid food for a few days, let alone do your job and actually cook for my son,” She yelled when they got back from the hospital “How irresponsible! I asked you to take good care of my son but now I’ am supposed to be taking care of you?! Sungjong barely eats enough as it is, now he’s gonna starve because of your selfishness and thoughtless behavior! You’re fired! Get out!”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N : H'lo here's an update again ^^ yes if you've noticed I love spicy food haha, what happened to Woohyun after he ate too hot and too spicy food was actually a personal experience LOL. I couldn't eat anything solid for about two weeks =="...I hope the next chapter can be finished by tomorrow, because of the exams I' am surrendering my laptop to my parents around next week