Chapter 19

My Billion Dollar Man {HIATUS}

 

“Umma…,” Sungjong begged but Mrs Lee refused to budge as Woohyun with his head down turned to his room-with the intention to pack his things probably but Dongwoo who looked panic-stricken refused to let him go, gripping his hand tightly

“Mrs Lee, It’s my fault…,” Sungyeol began, he tone was so serious and anxious at the same time “Please…,”

I don’t want to hear it!

“No! Not until you listen to me,” Sungjong pleaded.

It took him another three hours of seeing Sungjong, Sungyeol and Dongwoo on their knees begging for Mrs Lee to not fire Woohyun before she was willing to listen to them. Finally Sunggyu stepped in and whispered to Mrs Lee and they talked in private before she gave her final decision.

“I don’t want to see your face! I’m sick of it. Sunggyu said he’ll personally look after you at the west house. For now I’m still your employer but I’ll personally call your parents to inform them of your disappointing behavior Mr Nam Woohyun. Now get out of my sight!

As soon as Mrs Lee slammed her bedroom door, they all gave a sigh of relief before they helped the pale man to the car and piled in after him.

Myungsoo let Woohyun slept on his shoulder as Sunggyu drove them to the ‘West house’. Sungyeol was seating at the front, silent all the way while Sungjong was on the other side of Woohyun. He was video calling someone-from the looks of it, his sister

“Sunny noona! I think we’re postponing the musical…I was really looking forward to seeing you at the musical I’ve missed you so much, now I have to wait longer to see you. Why are you allowed only have one day-off anyway you’re the boss…,” he whined

 Then, Myungsoo saw the middle aged man still at the same spot he was the night before. Mrs Lee said that the man refused to budge no matter the ways they tried to persuade him. So they left him food and warm clothes for him.

When they passed the man, he let his mind wandered. He thought maybe he really didn’t understand Woohyun. The man was clever, he knew that Sungyeol was probably going to pull a prank to him but why did he eat all of it? Why go through all the pain?

“What is a west house?” Myungsoo asked in a low tone to Sungjong. The younger man chuckled lightly and explained that west house was his house. “You have two houses?” Myungsoo asked for confirmation but Sungjong shook his head “There’s more?” to his nod, “How many?”

He shrugged “Ten? Thirteen? I think it’s around those numbers,” Sungjong said and Myungsoo blinked in disbelief.

When they arrived, Myungsoo turned and looked at Sungjong “I…,”

Sungjong’s only response was a smirk. The gate in front of them was huge and being the eagle eye, Myungsoo could spot two hidden cameras already. The West House proved to be much more befitting for ridiculously rich people like Sungjong. It took another five minutes before they reached the house; well more like a sprawling mansion. There were maids and butlers waiting for them, bowing at all of them when they arrived and he noticed that they never raised their heads when Sungjong talked to them; they even walked with their head bowed when they were in his vicinity.

There was also Byun Baekhyun who was apparently waiting for them quite anxiously. He went straight to Sungjong “Have you seen Chanyeol lately?” Sungjong went still for a moment before he shook his head. “I’m really worried! I’ve called Kris and he said that maybe Channie’s in trouble. He’s definitely looking into it though,”

Myungsoo observed Sungjong and he found his body language to be suspicious. He actually had forgotten to tell Sungjong to call Chanyeol, not until that morning before he met   Zi Tao and he felt immensely guilty because of it. Chanyeol did say that it was urgent.

He left them as he felt it was only proper to give them privacy so went and followed Woohyun to his room. The room was spacious and elegant; it was twice larger than Sungjong’s room in the other house. Watching Myungsoo’s confused face, Sungyeol who just entered the room with two maids carrying Woohyun’s stuff laughed “You haven’t seen their house in the states yet,”

“Why did they choose to live at the other house? This one is…,” Myungsoo trailed off and just used his hands just because he couldn’t find the words to correctly express his feelings.

“Hmmm…you’ll probably find out soon but it’s not my place to say anything,” he then frowned as he saw Woohyun trying to help the maids unpacking his things. “Hey, you should rest idiot. We’ve seen your stupidity enough in one day already,”

Woohyun looked up, clearly hurt since he couldn’t reply, he just glared at him and continued to take out his clothes into the walk-in closet. Sungyeol went over and pulled his hand roughly “What did you lose your hearing too?”

Myungsoo felt the anger returned full force, he definitely hated the way Sungyeol talked to Woohyun. He could guess the latter’s feelings, why Sungyeol remained incredibly dense and insensitive was beyond him. He walked to them and pried Sungyeol off “Get out,” growled, the other man looked surprised at first “Just get out okay! And bring them with you,” he said solemnly, motioning at the maids who looked uncomfortable to be witnessing the scene, at first Sungyeol looked like he was about to protest but then he relented. The maids gladly followed suit.

Woohyun nodded at him and Myungsoo took it as his way of saying thanks. He told Woohyun to rest while he unpacked the man’s things himself. About thirty minutes after that, he looked up as Woohyun’s phone rang and he glanced to find Woohyun fast asleep again so he answered

“Where’s Woohyun?” Myungsoo assumed it was Woohyun’s dad because the caller id said it so. Myungsoo told him that he was resting “I don’t care if he’s asleep or not, you go wake him right this instant!” Feeling guilty and torn, Myungsoo hesitantly woke Woohyun up. The man looked at him dazedly as he slowly sat up, tired and sluggish. Myungsoo told him that his dad was calling and put the phone on loudspeaker informing Mr Nam of that and Woohyun who couldn’t speak.

He wanted to give them privacy but as he was about to turn around, he was stunned as Mr Nam started to yell “I trusted you Woohyun! I thought you promised to work hard and make us proud. I-I don’t know what to say…I-I…,”Mr Nam’s voice cracked and Myungsoo felt even more in distressed as Woohyun’s tears flowed like heavy rainfall. He was trying hard to contain his sobs and his phone almost slipped from his hand. Myungsoo went out after he recovered from the shock.

Sungjong was also on the phone, pacing outside a door back and forth, and he looked like he was as upset as he was “…no Kris, we’ve got this….don’t say anything to Baekhyun yet. I know how you feel about that but Chanyeol…,” he stopped as he saw Myungsoo and immediately hanged up. Myungsoo frowned but the younger man only gave him a bitter half-smile.

Myungsoo didn’t pry him on the matter and Sungjong seemed immensely grateful as he didn’t ask so he brought him down to a room where Sunggyu and Sungyeol were watching tv. He saw Hoya and Dongwoo had arrived too.

Myungsoo took a place beside Sungyeol and Sungjong decided to snuggle up to him and dozed off against his arm just a few minutes after making himself comfortable. He focused at the huge plasma tv, trying to ignore his racing heart. “Dong Bang Shin Ki is next! Myungsoo call Woohyun! He loves them!” Dongwoo excitedly said, trying to not jump up and down of the couch.

“He’s…on…the phone with his…dad…,” awkward silence for a moment as they all turned to him. They looked like they had an idea of what was happening.

“Oh,” Dongwoo finally responded and he settled on the couch, face no longer showing his usual brightness “Woohyunnie…really wants to make his dad proud y…,” they all were surprised when Sungyeol suddenly stood up and left the room. “…and looks like Sungyeollie has a conscience after all…oh oh oh it’s Yunho, it’s YUNHO!” Dongwoo was immediately recharged as he saw the man came up on stage. When Changmin went on stage, Dongwoo clapped gleefully.

Hoya told Myungsoo to wake Sungjong up and Myungsoo looked at him questioningly “Believe me; he wouldn’t want to miss this. He’ll throw a massive tantrum if he missed out TVXQ,” when Myungsoo opened his mouth, Sunggyu went over and shook the boy beside Sungjong

“I know you wouldn’t wake him so I’m saving you the trouble,” Sunggyu mumbled. Sungjong was temporarily groggy but when Sunggyu said “TVXQ” he immediately opened his eyes wide.

Myungsoo smirked as throughout TVXQ’s performances, the other men were so hyped-up and though Sunggyu remained cool but Myungsoo could see that he really was enjoying them too. Several times, some maids would come and serve them drinks and some snacks which would be finished in less than five minutes.

“Myungsoo why aren’t you fanboying?” Hoya asked grinning and raising his eyebrow. “They’re cool no?”

Myungsoo nodded “I like them enough,”

“Who’s your favourite member?” Dongwoo asked looking eager. The other two gave their attention to him as well. Myungsoo stayed quiet for a moment, deciding what best to answer

“I’ am a Cassiopeia,” he simply answered

“A LIE!” Dongwoo immediately refuted causing Myungsoo to laugh at his expression.

“No, even though they’re only two of them left, I’ve always kept the faith…,” Myungsoo coolly replied

“…and that my friend is the reason why you rank high in my book,” Hoya raised his coke bottle up and grinned.

Sungjong suggested that he and Myungsoo checked in on Woohyun after that. They were surprised to see that Sungyeol had fallen asleep at the side of Woohyun’s bed on a chair; Woohyun was also sleeping with the comforter up to his chin. Myungsoo and Sungjong looked at each other.

“I guess they’re alright?” Sungjong asked, his voice was laced with wonder. Myungsoo nodded not knowing what else to answer.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Always keep the faith ^^ and no I didn't throw in TVXQ for fun haha there's a reason mwahahahah but...that'll come in later like really really later

Ithis chapter is originally longer so i had to split it into two...