8 and 1 makes 9

We Remember Our Childhood Days

"Jessica! Wake up! It's already 11am!" Jessica's umma shouted from the first floor. Jessica stirred and muttered, "Okay..."

She rubbed her eyes before opening them, before getting the shock of her life again. 

"Krystal! Can you stop that?!" she shouted, causing her 2-year-old sister to cry. 

"Jessica! She's still so young! She's just trying to play with you!" Jessica's umma chided while scooping the crying Krystal in her arms. 

"She was standing there beside my bed staring at me with wide eyes! And it's not the first time! Back in America she had tried it once or twice!" Jessica protested. 

"Right okay... By the way the Hwangs have moved to Korea. Next door." Upon hearing that, Jessica immediately ran to wash up before running to the neighbouring house to greet her friend. 

"Tiffany!!" she shouted from outside their gate. A small head peeked out of a window from the upstairs, a few seconds later the gate was open and Jessica was greeted by the sight of her friend. 

"Jessica!!" Tiffany threw her hands over Jessica. 

"Tiff, are you free this afternoon?" Jessica asked. 

"... Maybe, since umma and appa are still unpacking the stuff we brought here from America... Why?" Tiffany said. 

"I have made some new friends in Korea and they have a gang, they said you can join the gang! They are meeting this afternoon at Taeyeon's house," Jessica said. 

"Are you in the gang? Who's Taeyeon?"

"Yes I'm in the gang, or sometimes they say, the group, and Taeyeon's the eldest and she's the leader. You'll meet her later," Jessica answered.

"Okay then!" Tiffany delightfully agreed. 

Soon, afternoon came. The girls have gathered at Taeyeon's house. 

"Hi I'm Tiffany I'm from America like Jessica and it's nice to meet you," Tiffany said, bowing 90 degrees to the members. Then the rest of the members introduces themselves. 

"So Tiffany would you like to join our gang?" Taeyeon asked. Tiffany nodded her head. "Well... We have some rules too," Taeyeon continued. 

"Rules?" Tiffany and Jessica asked in unison. 

"... Yeah, we didn't have time to say them yesterday. Any volunteers to read out the rules?" Taeyeon asked. Hyoyeon, Yuri and Seohyun raised their hands together. "Let's give the maknae a chance," Taeyeon said. 

"Wae! You favour the maknae and only don't want to let her cry," Yuri said rudely. 

"Kwon Yuri! Where are your manners?!" Taeyeon, acting leaderly, chided her. 

Seohyun, upon seeing the situation, courteously passed the paper with the rules to Yuri to let her read them. Yuri shoved it away. Seohyun then sweetly passed it to Hyoyeon. Hyoyeon accepted the offer willingly and happily and read the rules out. 

After the rules were being read, the girls played tag and hide-and-seek before the meeting was called to an end.

"Um... Next Monday is Tiffany's birthday... Shall we hold a meeting then?" Jessica whispered to Taeyeon. Taeyeon nodded her head. 

"Girls, we shall hold a meeting next Monday since Tiffany's going to turn 6," Taeyeon announced before everyone bid farewell and went home.