A New Friend

We Remember Our Childhood Days

"Girls! Sorry! You need to go home... My parents have to go out for a dinner and I have to follow," Taeyeon said to the gang. 

"Okay..." The girls then reluctantly went home after saying goodbye. 

"I shall go home alone then... First time! Yay!" Sooyoung happily exclaimed. Suddenly, she heard sobbing and saw a girl crying at the side of the road. 

The girl was very pretty; she wore a ribbon headband and a matching dress. She had long, beautiful blonde hair which stunned Sooyoung. 

"Hey why are you crying?" Sooyoung asked. "You're pretty so stop crying or you will look like an ugly monster!" Sooyoung tried to cheer the girl up. 

"Wh... Who are y... You?" the girl asked, scared. She stood up and began running away. She ran and ran till her legs could not anymore. She fell down and collapsed on the grassy land, and cried even more. 

"Why are you scared? Please stop crying..." Sooyoung went over to the crying girl who was now seated on the grass. Then she hugged the girl, hoping she would stop crying. 

"Please stop crying... Sooyoung doesn't want I see you cry," Sooyoung said. 

"... I'm lost," the girl finally said. 

"Where are your parents?" Sooyoung asked. 

"At home..."

"Why aren't you at home?"

"I ran out... I just shifted here... I miss America... I want to go back..."

Sooyoung hugged her again. "Seoul isn't that bad either..." she said, although she have not heard of America before. She did not know where was it, or what was it. 

"What's your name?" the girl asked when she stopped crying.

"Sooyoung. Choi Sooyoung."

"I'm Jessica Jung. My Korean name is Jung Sooyeon," the girl said.

"Jessica, let's be friends," Sooyoung said. There was no answer, so Sooyoung repeated. 

"... I miss my friend in America. She is my only friend. I am her only friend..." Jessica said sadly. "Can you be my friend?"

"I am happy to be your friend!" Sooyoung said. 

"Why are you smiling so widely?" Jessica asked. 

"Because I want to see you smile," Sooyoung said. So Jessica smiled, and Sooyoung was stunned. She had the prettiest smile ever.

"You have a very pretty smile! So please don't cry anymore... You have a friend in Seoul." 

"Yay! I have a friend in Seoul!" Jessica said and hugged Sooyoung.

"Can you come over to my house to play?" Sooyoung asked. 

"Sure!" And the both of them walked to Sooyoung's house together, holding hands. 

"Umma! I'm home. And I brought along a friend to play," Sooyoung exclaimed when the two girls reached her house. 

"Okay! You two can go to your room and play."

"Sica! Look at my dolls! Aren't they pretty?" Sooyoung said. 

"Sica?"

"Yeah, my new nickname for you." Jessica beamed at the thought of her new friend. 

"Then... I shall call you Sooyoungie!" Jessica said. Then, they started playing with Sooyoung's dolls.

"Uh oh! It's late... I think I better go home. Bye Sooyoungie!" Jessica said. 

"Bye Sica!" Sooyoung said. As Jessica went home, trying to recall the route from where she came, at the same time, she tries to register the place into her mind so she could visit her friend again. The thought of having a new friend really pleased her, and she cheered up a lot more.