7 and 1 makes 8

We Remember Our Childhood Days

"Sooyoung-ah!"

"Umma? Why?"

"Your friend from America has come to play," Sooyoung's umma replied. 

"Sica!" Sooyoung exclaimed as she ran down the stairs. She was really excited. 

"Sooyoungie!" Jessica said and hugged Sooyoung. 

"Come, let's go upstairs and play!" Sooyoung said. 

Soon, they were already in Sooyoung's bedroom,  playing with her dolls. 

"Sooyoungie! What a lovely doll house you have!" Jessica said as she opened the box that contained the doll house. 

Just as they started playing with it, Sooyoung's umma called her. 

"Sooyoung! A phone call for you!"

"Okay!" Sooyoung ran down the stairs. Who could it be?

"Choi Sooyoung!"

"What, Kim Taeyeon?"

"Group meeting this afternoon at 3," Taeyeon said. 

"Ooh can I bring a friend along?" Sooyoung eagerly asked. 

"Sure!" After that, the phone was disconnected and Sooyoung ran back to her bedroom. 

"Sica, are you free this afternoon?"

"I'm free the whole day."

"Can you come along with me to the gang?"

"What gang?"

"Oh, you can make many new friends! They're all my best friends!" Sooyoung said.

"Ok then!"

~~~

"Look! Sooyoung and her friend is here!"

"SHORTY!!"

"STOP CALLING ME SHORTY! I'M NOT SHORT IT'S JUST THAT YOU'RE TALL!!"

"Stop shouting across my yard!" Taeyeon said. 

"Sorry..." Sunny an Sooyoung apologised sheepishly before Sunny gave Sooyoung a hard whack on the head. 

Before Sooyoung could retaliate, Taeyeon said, "Girls we have another friend! Can you introduce yourself?"

"Hi I'm Jessica Jung Sooyeon. You can call me Jessica. I'm from San Francisco and I just turned 6 this April."

"Oh so she's the second eldest!" everyone gasped. 

"Okay, let's introduce ourselves! I'm Kim Taeyeon, and I'm 6 years old. I'm the eldest and also the leader."

"I'm Sunny Lee, my real name is Lee Soonkyu. But do not, I repeat DO NOT, call me by my real name-"

"And she's the shortest member and likes to show off her aegyo which can be a little annoying," Yuri added and Sunny shot her a 'I'm gonna kill you' look. Yuri just stuck her tongue out at Sunny. 

"Yahh!" Sunny took a book and whacked Yuri hardly out of irritance. 

"Ouch! Yahh, Lee Soonkyu!"

"YOU DO NOT CALL ME BY MY REAL NAME!"

"Stop it the both of you, will you?" Taeyeon said. 

"Okay, I'm Kim Hyoyeon, Taeyeon's cousin and I'm also 6 years old. I am born in September."

"I'm Kwon Yuri, and please do not say I'm glass 'cos I'll kill you and I'm the youngest among those who are 6 this year."

"Jessica, you have to be careful with her since she's violent and likes to swear which is not expected of a 6-year-old girl," Taeyeon warned. 

"Unnie, you're acting like an ahjumma."

"YAHH IM YOONA!"

"Ahjumma!" Yuri joined in. Soon everyone started calling her ahjumma. 

"But you really act like an ahjumma, like you're taking care of all of us like one."

"Aren't unnie supposed to do that since she's the leader?" Seohyun asked and everyone kept quite after that. 

Breaking the awkward silence, she cleared . "I'm Choi Sooyoung and I'm 5 this year. I'm the tallest member of the gang."

"I'm Im Yoona, people say I'm pretty and I'm 5 this year."

"Since when people say you're pretty?" Yuri joked.

"She is pretty," Jessica said. 

"I'm Seo Joohyun but please call me Seohyun. I'm 4 this year and that makes me the maknae of this group."

"... I can't remember who is who for Yuri, Yoona and Seohyun," Jessica had the same problem as Hyoyeon. 

"Oh! The 'triplets'... They really look alike," Sunny said. 

"Okay! Jessica do you want to join our gang?" Yoona asked. 

"... Yes," Jessica said. 

"Yay!" everyone cheered. 

"I have a question," Jessica said. 

"Speak your mind," Taeyeon said. 

"If my friend from America comes to Korea can she join this gang?" 

"Of course! Anyone is welcome," Yuri said. 

"What's her name?" Seohyun asked. 

"Her name is Tiffany and she is turning 6 next week. Her family is moving into Korea tomorrow. I moved here yesterday," Jessica made a brief explanation of her friend. "I can bring her here tomorrow."

"Okay! Tomorrow same time same place! Now... I think you guys need to go home, sorry," Taeyeon said. 

"Bye!"