I Was Simply Observing

Kissing Kris Wu

The wind whistled and brushed against my skin. The skin of my arms began to break into goosebumps. I gripped the flashlight tightly. Where am I? The flashlight started to slowly flicker on and off. I panicked as I glanced at my dark surroundings.

 

Trees. I was surrounded by trees. Acres and acres of trees. There were occasional hoots and chirps from crickets. I was alone and in the middle of nowhere, a dark and spooky nowhere. I shivered at the thought of having to wander around an unknown forest without a flashlight.

 

Jaaaaaeeee Heeeeee. Kiiiissss meee,” a voice hissed.

 

I jumped suddenly and screamed. The flashlight fell onto the floor with a thud. The lights were out for good. I quickly squatted down. I covered my ears and squeezed my eyes shut. Leaves were rustling. The rustles were getting louder as the seconds ticked by.

 

You're not going to die. You're not going to die... I chewed on my bottom lip nervously. My heart was racing at an incredible speed. If no one kills me, I'm definitely going to die from a heart attack.

 

Yes, keep your eyes closed.” The owner of the voice let out a menacing chuckle. The voice continued, “It will be over soon. It won't hurt.” He slid something hard and cold against my cheek.

 

I was curious so I opened my eyes.

 

*****


I didn't know what happened next. However, I did know that whatever it was, made me scream at the top of my lungs.

 

“WHAT IS IT? DID SOMEONE BREAK INTO YOUR ROOM OR SOMETHING?” Bom kicked open the door. Her bloodshot eyes were alert.

 

I immediately stopped screaming at the sight of her horrible bedhead. My mouth stayed open. My eyes focused on the frying pan that was being gripped tightly in her hand. “I--” I closed my mouth and cleared my throat. “Nightmare.”

 

Bom narrowed her eyes at me and lowered the pan. “I'm going back to sleep.” With a flip of her hair, she slammed my door behind her and stomped back to her room.

 

The slam of the door made me jump. I took in a sharp intake of air before I sank back beneath my covers. I glanced at the clock on the bed stand. It was five in the morning on a Sunday. I didn't have the courage to go back to sleep. I was scared that another scary dream was waiting for me.

 

I needed Park Chanyeol.

 

*****

 

I had called him nearly five minutes after I decided I couldn't go back to sleep. We decided to meet at the nearby park, which was the only other place we went besides the cafe.


“You called me out just when I was about to fall asleep. Aish, Jae Hee. Only you would do that.” Chanyeol ended his chuckle with one of his bright smiles.

 

I dug the toe of my shoe into the sand. The rusted chains of the swings creaked against my weight. I stared tiredly at the uneven sand and the little dunes that protruded from it. There was only a little bit over a week left of the agreement I made with Kris. A few days will go by in a blink of an eye, right? Then, my life will be back to normal. It'd be deprived of an annoying jerk. No, not deprived. I should be happy to get rid of him. Happy to get rid of that insensitive and self-centered idiot.

 

“Yah, Park Jae Hee.” Chanyeol's voice snapped me back to reality. He gave me a displeased look. “This is the first time in days since we've seen each other, and you're here daydreaming!”

 

I looked at him for a moment, and blinked. “E-eh..? S-sorry, Yeolie.” I pressed my lips together, and rocked my self back and forth on the swing.

 

“You're thinking about Kris, aren't you?”

 

His words caught me by surprise. “Maybe...” I immediately widened my eyes. “But not in that way! I'm just happy to know that he'll stop bothering me soon...”

 

“Good.” Chanyeol looked slightly relieved. “I knew you wouldn't like a guy like that anyways.” He smiled at me and reached over to hold my cold hand against his warm one. I raised my brows at him, unsure of what to say. He ignored my gaze and stared at his lap. “I thought... Your fingers were going to freeze and then fall off! That's all!”

 

I laughed at him and continued to rock back and forth on the swings. “You're so weird! My fingers feel perfectly fine!”

 

“No, they're cold!”

 

“Just admit that you were trying to find an excuse to hold me hand, Chanyeol!” I frowned and pulled my hand away from his grasp.

 

“...”

 

“Admit it.”

 

“Fine.” He gave me a slight pout. I rolled my eyes and giggled. I held my hand out for him. He eagerly took hold of it again with a bright smile.

 

*****

 

“Kris gege... W-why are we out here this early?” Tao rubbed the sides of his arms and gave Kris a curious gaze. “And why do we have to hide behind this bush?!”

 

Because.” Kris peeked from the side of the enormous bush. He narrowed his wide eyes at your back. His stare traveled to your hand, which was intertwined with Chanyeol's. He gritted his teeth.

 

“What's so special about her anyways? She's not even your girlfriend!” Tao crossed his arms in frustration as he sat cross-legged on the patch of dried leaves.

 

Huang Zi Tao, shush!” Kris gave Tao a glare before turning his head back to the two of you. “Park Chanyeol... I won't let you take anything else away from me.” Kris sneezed. He rubbed his red nose on his sleeve.

 

“You're going to get sick, gege. You might as well give up on stalking for now and go back hom--”

 

“I'M NOT A STALKER.

 

“And what are you doing here?”

 

Kris glanced up to the owner of the voice. You. He opened his mouth slightly. Words were unable to form. “I-- He-- I was-- Looking for something?” He regained his composure and stood up, his eyes met yours. “What? I can't be out here?”

 

You rolled your eyes. “Your nose is running, stalker.”

 

Kris wiped his running nose with his sleeve again. He let out a sniffle. “Yah! I'm not a stalker! I just happen to be here!”

 

“..Right.” You sighed and grabbed hold of Chanyeol's hand again. “Let's go home, Yeollie.”

 

Kris watched you walk away. He glared at Chanyeol. “That little--”

 

“Gege... Your nose is running...” Tao mumbled as he held a tissue in front of Kris's face.

 

“I hate him.” Kris snatched the tissue from Tao's hand and blew his nose.

 

*****

 

Q: Why were you hiding behind the bushes with Tao?

K: Because I'm a nice boyfriend, which is why I follow her around so carefully. I just wanted to look after her, and I refuse to let someone else hold my girlfriend's hand.

J: So you were stalking me after all! And I told you already!! I'm only your “girlfriend” at school!

K: Stalking?!! I was observing you. There's a difference!

 


author's note;

Sorry for not updating in so long :c ! School's going to start in four days, so updates are going to be a little slow.

But thank you guys for continuing to read/comment! :D