The Cutie With the Smile, and the

Kissing Kris Wu

“YAH! Park Jae Hee! You have to get up!” Bom gave the mattress a strong kick. She sighed and mumbled under her breath. “I'll send you back to America for sure.”

 

“Mm..?” I rubbed my eyes. “Where am I...” I gazed drowsily around the tiny room, spotting a very aggravated Bom in front of me. Oh right. Seoul.

 

“Get up this instant, you lazy ! You have to go to work! I am not paying for your expenses, and neither is umma and appa! GET UP NOW.”

 

“Aniyoo~” I groaned. Screw the living expenses. I'll deal with those another day. I want to sleep. Yes, sleep sounded good. I let out a tiny sigh before closing my eyes again. My body slowly curled up beneath the very, very warm and fluffy blanket.

 

“Don't make me, Jae Hee.” There was a hint of anger in Bom's voice. I didn't know what she meant by those words because I was half asleep under that snug blanket... But I knew the pain that came when Bom's foot kicked me off the bed.

 

That was how my first day in Seoul started. I went to work... with a bad back.

 

*****

 

I huffed out a breath of air. Working with Bom, in her cafe, was probably close to a death wish. The only thing she does was nag. Nag. Nag. Nag. Nag. Clean this, clean that. Mop up the floor, she says. Bring this to table blahblahblah, she says. Wash the dishes, she says. Wait on tables, she says.

 

“I will move out of your house, Bom. Just you wait!” I mumbled to myself. My hands dried the dishes harder and faster than before, slamming it on top of the stack of clean plates.

 

“You're going to break the dishes! And then who's going to pay, huh?!” Bom complained as she stood at the kitchen's entrance. “Leave the dish-washing to me and go wait on tables.”

 

“Araso~” I rolled my eyes as I took a notepad and pen, and hurried out of the kitchen.

 

*****

 

I forced a smile, and spoke in monotone. “Welcome. What can I get you today?” I had my pen ready, and my eyes focused on my notepad. The customer at the table chuckled. My fake smile must had been obvious.

 

“I'll have a strawberry and banana smoothie,” the deep voice continued.

 

I nodded as I wrote his order down in a messy scrawl. I took a quick glance at the owner of the deep voice. “I'll be right back with your or–” I felt blood rushing up to my cheeks. How could a deep voice come from a guy with a face like that?

 

He raised a brow. “Is everything alright?”

 

I nodded my head slowly, clutching the notepad to my chest. “B-be right back.”

 

*****

 

I inhaled and exhaled slowly as I made my way into the kitchen, ignoring the weird look Bom gave me. Keep calm, Jae Hee. Keep calm and carry on. Yes, I'll do just tha-- No, I can't... UGGH. I pressed my hands to my flaming cheeks. Forget his smile! Why did he have to have such an adorable smile..? I chewed on my bottom lip for a moment, staring into space. I can't go back out there...

 

"Yah, Jae Hee! Stop daydreaming and take this to table five!"

 

I looked back at Bom, my eyes settling on the smoothie in her hand. “N-ne...” I took the smoothie, and walked out of the kitchen with the thoughts still running through my head. Maybe I should ask him for his name... Ani, that would be too creepy... I wonder if he comes here often... He doesn't look that much older than me... Maybe I should...

 

A sigh escaped from my lips. I walked aimlessly down the tiny hallway. That was when it all happened. I had bumped into someone, and the smoothie had splattered all over his shirt.

 

I nervously looked up at him. He didn't look too happy, especially with a big pink splotch on his white button-down. But his face still looks so gorgeous...Is he a model? He's so tall...

 

Are you going to clean this up, or what?” He tightened his jaw. He sounded very pissed indeed.

 

I swallowed what seemed like a big knot in my throat. I didn't know that there was an hiding behind that flawless face until the next day.

 

*****

 

Q: What happened to the guy at table five?

J: He left. It was all That Thing's fault.

K: I have a name, you know. AND HOW WAS IT MY FAULT?!  It's your fault for being so careless and clumsy! You also ruined my shirt!

J: BECAUSE OF YOU, I WAS FIRED. BY MY OWN SISTER.

K: In the end, it was clearly your fault.

J: ...

 


author's note;

Sorry if the first chapter was boring :c The story's going to progress a bit faster after this... /i hope.

Also, thanks to those who subscribed! :D Feedback would be greatly appreciated~