Chapter 1: Moving In

Behind Closed Doors
Blue is English, Red is Mandarin, Black is Korean
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
(Here’s what Sookyung is wearing minus the earmuffs)
 
(3rd P.O.V)
 
Attention passengers, we have safely arrived to the Incheon International Airport, the time is now 5:43 am and the weather for today is about 87 degrees Fahrenheit and partly cloudy. Please remain seated until the seatbelt light has been turned off and thank you for flying Korean Airlines.
Sookyung sighed as she glanced out of the open window as the pilot repeated his instructions in Korean.
‘Back in Korea after all these years,’ she thought.
After a few minutes, Sookyung was finally able to get off of the plane. After getting her suitcases, Sookyung headed out towards the main area before security check.
Oppa should be here by now…” she mumbled to herself as she looked around.
Not long after she started looking around, she spotted a white sign being held up into the air with her name on it. Sookyung walked towards the person and tilted her head in confusion as D.O wasn’t as tall as this person so it couldn’t be her brother.
“Um…excuse me,” she called out to the person.
The person’s face was covered by a mask and sunglasses but she could see blotches of dirty blonde hair sticking out of the person’s hood.
“Are you Do Sookyung?” the person asked with a moderately deep voice.
Sookyung nodded her head as the person put the sign down and held his hand out.
My name is Wu Yi Fan, but you can call me Kris, your brother told me to pick you up since he was busy,” Kris explained.
“Wu Yi Fan…” Sookyung repeated shaking his hand, “Is that Chinese?
Sookyung couldn’t see it, but a look of surprise crossed Kris’s face before he nodded.
You speak Mandarin?” he asked.
Sookyung smiled and nodded.
“Uh well, we should get going then,” Kris suggested, “We don’t want to keep your brother waiting.”
Sookyung nodded in agreement and followed Kris out to the van that was waiting for them out front.
 
“Sookyung-shii? Sookyung-shii, wake up, we’re here.”
Sookyung groaned a bit and Kris chuckled.
“C’mon, your brother’s waiting for us,” Kris said.
Sookyung sat up and rubbed her eyes then looked at Kris, who had taken off his disguise.
“Will you get up already? I know you’re jetlagged but geez,” Kris commented as he pulled Sookyung up.
But gege~!” Sookyung tiredly whined making Kris freeze.
‘No anything but aegyo!’ Kris panicked.
“J-Just get up already!” Kris stuttered.
Sookyung finally gave up and got up and stepped out of the van. Her jaw dropped when she saw their dorm. (Imagine the rooms only have two double sized beds instead of four twin sized beds)
“This is a dorm?” she questioned.
Kris chuckled as he took Sookyung’s suitcases out of the trunk.
“Well what did you expect?” he asked, “12 people live here.”
Sookyung thought about it and realized that she forgot her brother was in a boy band with 11 other people. Sookyung lightly hit herself on her head and Kris chuckled lightly before helping Sookyung take her suitcases inside, in which she thanked him with a wide smile. Kris smiled and nodded.
“D.O’s still sleeping so you can go wake him up,” he stated.
Sookyung tilted her head in confusion.
“I thought you said he was busy,” she recalled.
“Well I decided to give him a break since he takes care of everyone in the house,” Kris stated.
Sookyung nodded in understanding before Kris told her the directions to D.O’s room. Sookyung thanked him and made her way up the stairs. After finding the door, she peeked her head in to see two sleeping figures. Sookyung instantly knew this was her brother’s room by the familiar owl plush sitting above one of the beds. Sookyung tiptoed past the first bed and over to her brother’s bed, where he lay sound asleep. Sookyung examined his face a bit before poking his eye. D.O grimaced and stirred but didn’t wake up. Sookyung pouted and picked up D.O’s owl and put it front of his face before smacking his head. D.O groaned and slowly opened his eyes, only to find an owl staring back at him.
“OMO!” he screamed falling out of bed.
Sookyung burst out laughing as D.O rubbed his head.
“Yah, who- Sookyung-ah?!” he exclaimed with his eyes widening.
Sookyung giggled.
“I was right to get you this plushie,” she stated, “You two are twins.”
D.O processed her words before he tackled her into a hug.
“Sookyung-ah! I missed you so much!” he exclaimed hugging her tight.
Sookyung winced in pain and D.O immediately released her. (There are bruises everywhere on her body and yes, D.O knows about them.)
“Omo! Mianhe Sookyung-ah!” he exclaimed, “Did I hurt you?”
Sookyung gave a small smile before shaking her head a little.
“What’s going on in here~?” a sleepy voice slurred from behind them.
D.O and Sookyung turned their heads to see Suho standing in the doorway, his hair messy and rubbing his half open eyes. The twins giggled a bit.
“Annyeonghasehyeo~” Sookyung greeted bowing her head a bit.
Startled by the sudden sound of a girl’s voice, Suho’s eyes shot open. He blinked a few times in confusion.
“Suho-hyung, meet my twin sister Sookyung,” D.O introduced, “Sookyung-ah, meet EXO-K’s leader.”
“Annyeonghasehyeo~ Do Sookyung imnida~” Sookyung greeted again bowing her head.
Suho smiled and bowed back.
“Annyeonghasehyeo, Kim Joonmyun imnida, but you can call me Suho-oppa,” he greeted as he walked further into the room, “D.O’s told me a lot about you, it’s nice to finally meet you.”
“Kuerae? Oppa talks about me?” Sookyung questioned as she shook Suho’s hand.
Suho chuckled a bit before nodding as Sookyung eyed D.O suspiciously.
“It was nothing bad, I swear!” D.O surrendered holding up his hands in surrender.
Before anything else could be said, a growl was heard and a pillow came in contact with D.O’s face.
“Shikuro…you’re so noisy.”
The three looked over and saw Kai burying himself under his blanket. Suho chuckled before walking over to Kai and nudging him.
“Get up Kai, don’t you wanna meet a pretty noona?” he asked.
Sookyung blushed a little when Suho called her pretty.
“Shiro~ I’m tired~” Kai slurred. (I don’t want to)
“Oh c’mon Kai, I’m sure she wants to meet you,” D.O said as he got up and nudged him like Suho did.
“It’s okay oppa, if he wants to sleep let him,” Sookyung said.
Hearing Sookyung’s voice made Kai shoot up.
“Hyung I thought you were kidding!” he exclaimed before launching himself under his covers again, “I’m not wearing a shirt! Or pants!”
Sookyung turned slightly red at the thought of Kai only sleeping in his underwear.
“Yah I told you to stop sleeping in your underwear!” D.O scolded before looking at Sookyung, “Now you poisoned my sister’s mind!”
Kai’s head poked out from under the covers.
“You didn’t tell me the pretty noona was your sister…” he said looking over at Sookyung.
D.O put his hands on his hips.
“Yeah, she’s my twin sister,” he stated.
Kai scowled.
“Then she’s not a noona,” he stated, “She’s a chingu.” (In Korea, anyone born in January is considered the same age as the people in the year ahead of them. So Kai doesn’t have to call D.O hyung. And D.O doesn’t have to call Baekhyun, Chanyeol, and Chen hyung either. If I explained that right…)
Kai eyed Sookyung a bit before smiling widely.
“That’s okay though, I’ll still call you noona!” he exclaimed flashing his eye smile.
Now it was D.O’s turn to scowl.
“Then why don’t you call me hyung?” he said.
Kai stuck his tongue out at D.O.
“I’m not required to so I don’t,” he stated.
Suho and Sookyung laughed as D.O pouted and grabbed Sookyung’s hand.
“C’mon, let’s go out so Kai can put some clothes on,” D.O mumbled as he dragged Sookyung and Suho out.
Sookyung grabbed D.O’s owl before they left the room, which made D.O raise an eyebrow.
“Why’d you bring Keun?” he asked.
Sookyung looked up at D.O and tilted her head.
“Keun?” she questioned, “You named your owl big?”
“Yeah why not?” D.O asked, “Owls have big eyes, so…Keun.”
Sookyung laughed at her brother’s odd way of naming things.
“Remind me to never let you name your kids,” she said as the three made their way down the hall.
“Wae~?!” D.O whined, “It’s a good name. Pretty creative in my opinion.”
“Araso araso, no need to get your big boy in a bunch.”
“Yah!”
Sookyung and Suho laughed as the three walked into the living room.
“Omma~!”
D.O was glomped by a tall boy with messy brown hair.
“Omma I’m hungry~!” the boy pouted.
D.O sighed and lightly pushed the boy off of him.
“Araso araso Sehun-ah, go wake the others and I’ll make breakfast,” he said.
Sehun pulled back and beamed but then noticed Sookyung awkwardly standing behind D.O.
“Oh hyung! Is this the Sookyung-noona we’ve heard so much about???” he asked excitedly.
Sookyung put her hands on her hips and glared at D.O.
“What exactly do you tell these boys Do Kyungsoo?” she questioned.
“N-Nothing seriously!” D.O stuttered making Sehun laugh.
“Kyungsoo-omma is scared of his own sister~!” Sehun teased.
D.O’s ears turned red as he smacked Sehun’s head.
“Yah! Just go wake the others!” he scolded.
Sookyung giggled and put her hand on D.O’s shoulder.
“I’ll make breakfast for you guys, you can go help Sehun-shii,” she said.
Sehun clapped his hands.
“Yay noona knows my name!” he exclaimed happily.
D.O sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose before looking at Sookyung.
“Are you sure? I mean, you just got off the plane not long ago,” D.O began, “I’m sure you’re tired, you should go rest up a bit.”
Sookyung smiled and shook her head at her brother’s consideration.
“Aniyo gwenchana oppa,” she said pushing him towards the stairs, “I’ll start breakfast while you wake the other boys.”
“I’ll help you Sookyung-ah,” Suho volunteered, “D.O and Sehun don’t need my help.”
Sookyung turned her head and smiled widely at Suho.
“Komawo Suho-oppa,” she beamed.
 
Not long after Sookyung and Suho started cooking did they heard loud and sleepy chatter coming down the stairs.
“Suho-hyung~ oh pretty noona is in here too?”
Sookyung and Suho turned around to see Kai standing in the doorway rubbing his eye, making Suho chuckle.
“Finally decided to get up Kai?” he questioned.
“Of course!” Kai exclaimed, “I didn’t properly introduce myself to pretty noona.”
Kai turned to Sookyung and smiled widely as he bowed.
“Annyeonghasehyeo! Kim Jongin imnida, but you can call me either Jongin or Kai,” he beamed.
Sookyung giggled a little before bowing back at Kai.
“Annyeong~ Do Sookyung imnida,” she greeted.
“Wahh~ such a pretty name for a pretty noona,” Kai winked.
“Beat it Kai,” D.O said as he walked into the kitchen.
Kai pouted and walked out as D.O turned to Sookyung.
“Sookyung-ah, are you almost done?” he asked, “The guys want to meet you.”
“Sookyung-ah go ahead, I can finish up,” Suho said.
“Are you sure oppa?” Sookyung asked frowning slightly.
Suho poked Sookyung’s forehead.
“Oh wipe that frown off your face,” he said, “I’m sure, so go.”
Sookyung nodded and followed D.O into the living room, where the rest of EXO were waiting for them. They all looked over to the twins when they walked in.
“Guys meet my twin sister Sookyung,” D.O introduced.
Sookyung bowed.
“Annyeonghasehyeo, Do Sookyung imnida,” she greeted before turning to the Chinese members, “Ni hao~ my name is Do Sookyung.
Their eyes widened in surprise as Kris smirked.
Told you she can speak Mandarin,” he said.
How did you learn Mandarin?” a boy that lightly resembled a deer asked Sookyung.
It was required in my school to learn another language, and since I already knew Korean, I chose Mandarin,” Sookyung explained.
The Chinese members nodded in understanding as the Korean members sat there awkwardly, not knowing what they were saying.
“Since when did you learn Mandarin?” D.O asked Sookyung.
Sookyung put her hands on her hips.
“Oppa I was learning even before you left,” she stated.
D.O’s eyes widened.
“You were?” he questioned.
Sookyung held up Keun next to D.O’s face and turned to the others. (Yes she had Keun with her the entire time.)
“Aren’t they the real twins?” she asked.
The boys laughed at D.O, who pouted.
“Well we should introduce ourselves,” Kris suggested.
The boys nodded in agreement before they all stood up in a line.
“Suho-hyung! Get out here!” a tall boy with fiery orange/brown hair called.
Sookyung’s eyes widened at how deep his voice was compared to his face.
“Just do it without me!” Suho called from the kitchen, “I’ve already introduced myself to Sookyung!”
“Alright then ready?” Kris asked.
The boys nodded and Kris counted out before they all shouted:
We are one! We are EXO!” they greeted loudly making Sookyung flinch in surprise.
“You already know who I am, so I don’t have to introduce myself,” Kris said as he sat down.
The boy with the fiery hair bowed to Sookyung.
“Annyeonghasehyeo! Happy Virus Park Chanyeol imnida,” he greeted smiled widely.
“Annyeonghasehyeo noona~ you know me already but Oh Sehun imnida~” Sehun greeted also smiling widely.
“Do I really need to introduce myself?” D.O asked as he sat down.
Sookyung shook her head at her brother as the boy who was standing to his left bowed at Sookyung.
“Annyeonghasehyeo, Zhang Yi Xing imnida, but most people call me Lay,” he greeted.
“Annyeonghasehyeo~ Xi Lu Han imnida,” deer boy greeted.
“Annyeong pretty noona, I already introduced myself but I’m Kai,” Kai greeted.
“You already know me~!” Suho called from the kitchen.
“Annyeonghasehyeo~ Kim Jongdae imnida, but you can call me Chen,” the boy with the sharp jaw line greeted.
“Or you can call him ChenChen,” Kris teased.
The boys laughed as Chen pouted. They all stopped laughing before the boy with the chubby cheeks bowed to Sookyung.
“Annyeonghasehyeo~ Kim Minseok imnida~ but you can call me Xiumin-oppa or Baozi-oppa,” he greeted grinning.
The next boy bowed and grinned. He had short brown hair and cute features.
“Annyeonghasehyeo! Byun Baekhyun imnida~!” he greeted grinning, “Am I cute?”
Sookyung giggled a little before nodding. The last boy seemed intimidating to Sookyung since he seemed to be in a cranky mood, but all of that was destroyed when he broke out into a wide smile.
“Annyeonghasehyeo~ EXO-M maknae Huang Zi Tao imnida~ buing buing~!” he greeted.
“Don’t be fooled Sookyung-ah, Tao’s actually a few months younger than us,” D.O said as he slung his arm around Sookyung’s shoulders.
Sookyung’s eyes widened.
“Eh cheongmal???” she questioned, “I thought he was older than us.”
The boys chuckled.
“How old did you think he was?” Chanyeol asked.
“I thought he was as old as Kris-gege,” Sookyung said making the EXO members burst out laughing, Tao sulking in the corner.
Am I really that ordinary looking???” he mumbled.
Tao you’re still sulking about what that little girl told you?” Luhan asked.
Maybe…” Tao mumbled drawing circles on the floor with his finger.
I’m sorry; did I say something I wasn’t supposed to???” Sookyung questioned concerned about Tao’s sudden mood change.
Kris chuckled.
No it’s fine Sookyung; a little girl just told Tao he looked ordinary when we were filming in China,” he explained.
Sookyung nodded in understanding before walking over to Tao and squatting down next to him.
I’m sorry I hurt your feelings Tao~ please cheer up, buing buing~” Sookyung cooed making Tao smile widely.
Tao tackled Sookyung into a hug.
“I found an aegyo buddy!!!” he exclaimed.
The others groaned as Sookyung winced in pain. D.O noticed and pulled Tao off of Sookyung.
“Gwenchana?” he questioned his eyes dark with worry.
Sookyung smiled lightly.
“I’m okay oppa don’t worry,” she said.
“Yah D.O!” Tao exclaimed from the floor, “What was that all about?!”
D.O glanced at the others, who were eyeing D.O curiously, and cleared his throat.
“Sookyung is fragile and bruises easily, so be careful,” D.O lied smoothly.
Tao’s eyes widened, believing D.O’s lie perfectly. Tao hopped up and hugged Sookyung gently.
Sookyung I’m so sorry! I didn’t know!” he exclaimed.
Tao looked down and gasped before he gently grabbed Sookyung’s arm and pulled her sleeve up. (Her sleeve went up a bit when Tao hugged her)
“Omo! D.O wasn’t kidding when he said you bruised easily,” he exclaimed with worry before looking up at Sookyung, “How did this happen?!”
D.O’s and Sookyung’s eyes widened as Sookyung quickly pulled her arm back and covered the bruises before the others could see.
“I-It was nothing…I just accidentally t-tripped down the stairs at my old house b-before I c-came here,” unlike D.O, Sookyung was a terrible liar.
The boys narrowed their eyes but decided to let the subject go for now.
“Breakfast is ready~” Suho called from the kitchen, oblivious to everything that just happened.
Baekhyun eyed Sookyung suspiciously as she scurried past him to the kitchen with D.O.
‘Something is definitely wrong. It’s impossible to have that many bruises just from tripping down stairs…but is it my place to ask?’
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Done~ how was the first chapter everyone? Not much happened but Sookyung almost got found out. And Baekhyun is particularly suspicious. I don’t blame him though, but let me know your thoughts! XD
 
Date & Time Completed: August 15, 2012 2:01 AM
 
Listening To: UVERworld – This World (I love UVERworld~ they’re one of my favorite bands XD)