Prologue

Behind Closed Doors
Age 11
 
“Kids pack up, we’re moving to New York!”
“Huh?!” Sookyung and Kyungsoo looked at each other in confusion.
“But why daddy?” Sookyung asked.
Mr. Do grinned.
“My company is expanding!” he exclaimed happily, “So we all have to move to New York.”
 
Age 14
 
“Erica! Erica! I got accepted into the LaGuardia Arts!”
Sookyung dropped the binder she was holding and hugged Kyungsoo.
“Oppa that’s great! We haven’t even started high school yet,” she stated.
“I know! They want me to start as soon as I finish middle school,” Kyungsoo explained, “Now all you need to do is pass your audition too!”
 
“Oppa I got accepted!”
Kyungsoo beamed happily as he hugged his sister.
“Now we can attend the same high school!” he exclaimed happily.
“What’s going on in here?” Mrs. Do asked as she walked into the living room.
“Omma! Sookyung got accepted into the LaGuardia Arts!” Kyungsoo exclaimed.
“Omo sweetie that’s wonderful! I’m so proud!” Mrs. Do exclaimed.
 
Age 16
 
“Omma, appa…I want to become a K-Pop singer.”
The Do family stopped eating to look at Kyungsoo.
“That’s great Ethan…but won’t you have to move back to Korea?” Mr. Do asked.
“And pass an audition?” Mrs. Do questioned.
Kyungsoo looked at Sookyung and sheepishly smiled as she looked at him in disbelief.
“Actually…I’ve already auditioned and they want me to become a trainee right away,” Kyungsoo explained.
Sookyung dropped her spoon as Mrs. And Mr. Do exchanged looks.
“When are you supposed to leave?” Mrs. Do asked.
“Next week,” Kyungsoo stated before Sookyung suddenly stood up.
“Excuse me,” she mumbled before going up to her room.
The three watched her go before Kyungsoo turned to his parents.
“I should go talk to her,” he stated, “Excuse me.”
Kyungsoo wiped his mouth with a napkin before going up the stairs to Sookyung’s room.
“Erica?” Kyungsoo called as he knocked on her door.
“I don’t want to talk right now,” Sookyung’s voice could be heard from behind the door.
Kyungsoo sighed before walking in. Sookyung sat on her bed hugging her knees.
“I said I didn’t want to talk right now,” she said.
“I know,” Kyungsoo said as he sat down next to Sookyung, “Sookyung-ah-,”
“I already know what you’re going to say oppa; you don’t have to say it.”
Kyungsoo chuckled a little.
“Well too bad, I’m gonna say it anyway,” he joked before turning serious, “Sookyung-ah, you know I don’t want to leave, but I have to if I want to follow my dreams.”
Sookyung frowned before lifting her head and looking at him.
“I know that being a singer is your dream oppa,” she stated, “I’m just gonna miss you.”
Kyungsoo hugged Sookyung.
“I’m gonna miss you too Sookyung,” he said gently.
“Oppa fighting!”
 
Age 17
 
“It’s YOUR fault that the company is crashing!”
“How is it MY fault?! I’M not the one who carelessly spends money left and right!”
“If you didn’t spend so much money on yourself and the kids, we wouldn’t be in such a crisis!”
“Well then maybe you should do something about this instead of blaming me and the kids!”
“Alright fine. I want a divorce.”
Mrs. Do gasped.
“Y-You what?” she stuttered.
 
“I’m home~ oh, daddy where are you going?”
Mr. Do looked at Sookyung and smiled before hugging her.
“I’ll miss you Sookyung-ah, take care of yourself okay?” he said before walking away.
“Huh? Wait daddy!” Sookyung called after him before turning to her mom, “Mom, where’s dad going?”
SLAP!
Sookyung fell to the ground with a huge red mark on her cheek. She stared at her mom in shock as she stood over Sookyung, her hair covering her eyes.
“It’s your fault…” Mrs. Do mumbled.
“W-What…?” Sookyung stuttered still in shock.
“If you didn’t get accepted into that expensive arts school then none of this would've happened!” Mrs. Do screamed as she kicked and hit Sookyung, “If you didn’t encourage Kyungsoo to follow his dream, he would still be here!”
 
“Oh my god Erica! What happened to your arm?!”
Sookyung quickly covered her bruised arm with her sleeve before her friend could see anymore.
“I-It’s nothing, I just had a little accident.”
 
Age 19
 
“Oppa, I can’t take this anymore…”
Kyungsoo’s heart broke as he heard his precious sister crying over the phone.
“What do I do oppa?” Sookyung asked through her sobs.
“Come live with me.”
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
End of the prologue~ I hope it was okay ^-^ I’ll start the first chapter after I go shower XP
 
Tell me what you think ^-^
 
Date & Time Completed: August 13, 2012 10:29 PM
 
Listening To: Girl’s Generation – Mr. Taxi