Chapter 5: The "Silence" Before The Storm

Behind Closed Doors

Red is Mandarin, Blue is English, Black is Korean

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Recap:

“Sookyung-ah, you’re gonna have to come with us tomorrow to the SM building.”

“Waeyo?”

“Lee Soo Man wants to meet you.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Sookyung’s eyes widened as she suddenly came to a stop, making Chanyeol and Baekhyun crash into her back. Sookyung stumbled forward a bit before she looked up at her brother.

“W-Waeyo?” she asked nervously.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun started pushing Sookyung up the stairs and when they got to the top, D.O stepped aside.

“Well he called wanting to know why you suddenly moved in with us and well…” D.O paused, “I had to tell him about your…situation…and he wants to meet you.”

“How did he even find out about Sookyung?” Chanyeol questioned.

“The manager-hyungs ratted us out,” D.O said frowning a bit.

“So then is Sookyung gonna have to move out???” Baekhyun asked.

D.O sent a glare in Baekhyun’s direction and he flinched back a bit before D.O sighed.

“I’m not sure,” he said before putting his hands on Sookyung’s shoulders, “If he does make Sookyung move out then she’ll have nowhere to go…”

Sookyung smiled softly and patted one of D.O’s hands.

“It’s okay oppa I’ll manage somehow,” she said.

D.O sighed and dropped his hands.

“I hope you’re wrong so you’ll be forced to live with us,” he said.

Sookyung pouted.

“You don’t trust me oppa?” she questioned.

D.O’s eyes widened before he started waving his hands furiously.

“No no no! I didn’t mean it like that!” he exclaimed, “It’s just…I want you to be here with me…”

Sookyung smiled and pinched D.O’s cheeks.

“At least I’m in the same country now,” she said pulling his cheeks.

“OWW yah let go!” D.O exclaimed slapping Sookyung’s hands.

Sookyung laughed and let go of D.O’s cheeks. D.O pouted and rubbed his cheeks. Chanyeol slung his arms over the twins’ shoulders and grinned widely.

“Now that that moment of terror is over, why don’t we all go wash up and hit the hay, I’m pooped!” he exclaimed making the twins laugh.

“Sure Yeollie-oppa,” Sookyung said smiling.

Chanyeol hugged Sookyung tightly before dragging her inside, leaving D.O and Baekhyun. Baekhyun walked over to D.O with a worried look on his face.

“You don’t think sajangnim will really separate you guys right?” he asked knowing how close the twins are.

D.O sighed.

“I can only hope he won’t,” he said before walking into the house.

Baekhyun nervously bit his lip and scurried after D.O completely disregarding the fact that D.O tried to kill him just 20 minutes ago. When Baekhyun came into the living room, he was glomped by a pouting Sehun.

“Bacon-hyung! Kai won’t let me play the X-Box with him!!” Sehun whined pointing at Kai who was sitting on the floor in front of the TV.

“He’ll mess me up!” Kai exclaimed his eyes never leaving the screen.

“No I WON’T~!” Sehun exclaimed cutely stomping his feet and hopping up and down.

Baekhyun stood there blinking, not knowing what to do with the whiny Sehun and the stubborn Kai. Baekhyun stuttered a few times before he felt a hand on his shoulder. Baekhyun turned his head to see Sookyung looking at him with the ‘I’ll handle these kids’ look. Baekhyun nodded and took a slight step back.

“Noona~!” Sehun whined tugging on the sleeve of Sookyung’s pajamas.

“Yah! Don’t you go crying to noona!” Kai exclaimed turning the controller as he dodged an obstacle.

Sehun started making whining noises as he hopped in place and pointed at Kai. Sookyung sighed and crossed her arms.

“Kai, 5,” she began.

“No noona! Sehun’s gonna mess me up!” Kai exclaimed.

“4.”

“Oh c’mon noona I know you won’t do anything!”

“3.”

“C-C’mon noona why are you taking Sehun’s side!”

“2.”

“…”

“1.”

“Okay I’m sorry!” Kai exclaimed in fear as he hastily threw a spare controller at Sehun, who caught it easily.

Sehun cheered as Sookyung smiled in victory and Baekhyun’s eyes went wide in amazement.

“Thank you noona!” Sehun happily exclaimed kissing Sookyung’s cheek before plopping down next to the pouting Kai.

Sookyung smiled in amusement before turning to Baekhyun, whose eyes were still wide.

“I’m amazed,” was the first thing Baekhyun said making Sookyung laugh, “How did you do that? When Kai’s in the middle of a game we can NEVER convince him to let someone join yet you did it in less than 30 seconds.”

“I guess I just have that magic touch,” Sookyung said smiling.

Sookyung lightly tapped Baekhyun’s nose before walking back to D.O’s and Kai’s room. Baekhyun blushed a little before looking back at Sookyung.

“Aww~ is little Baekhyunnie starting to develop a crush~?”

Baekhyun flinched and turned back to see Chanyeol grinning slyly at him. Baekhyun turned red and punched Chanyeol’s arm.

“I am n-not!” Baekhyun stuttered making Chanyeol laugh loudly, “Yah!”

Chanyeol stopped laughing and wiped a tear from his eye.

“Alright whatever you say, just try not to make it so obvious,” Chanyeol said pointing at Baekhyun, “Cuz if D.O finds out he’ll kill you. Especially after what happened today.”

Baekhyun flinched but then turned red remembering the events that took place not too long ago.

 

*With Sookyung*

 

After helping Baekhyun out with Sehun and Kai, Sookyung came back to D.O’s and Kai’s room to see her brother pacing back and forth in deep thought. Sookyung blinked in confusion.

“Oppa what’s wrong?” she asked plopping down on D.O’s bed but after receiving no response raised her eyebrow, “Oppa?”

“Hm? Oh sorry Sookyung-ah, I didn’t see you walk in,” D.O murmured still pacing.

Sookyung frowned and watched D.O pace a bit, hearing Chanyeol’s loud laughter coming from somewhere downstairs, before grabbing his arm.

“Oppa kuumaneh~ waegeulrae?” she asked. (Stop it/Stop, what’s wrong)

D.O sighed and plopped down next to Sookyung before hugging her waist while burying his face into her shoulder. D.O shook his head and muttered something but Sookyung couldn’t hear what he said.

“Eh? Can you say that again oppa?” she asked.

D.O sighed again before sitting up straight and frowning.

“I’m worried that sajangnim will make you leave,” he said.

Sookyung sighed and ruffled D.O’s hair.

“Even if he does make me leave, you can still see me,” she said.

D.O pouted and shook his head furiously, making his hair shake and fly around.

“It’s not the same,” he began, “I wouldn’t be able to see you whenever I wanted.”

Before Sookyung could say anything else, Suho burst into the room with Luhan.

“D.O! I just had a brilliant idea!” Suho exclaimed.

D.O sighed and leaned his head onto Sookyung’s shoulder.

“What is it hyung?” he asked.

“I figured out a way that Sookyung can stay with us!” Suho exclaimed.

Hearing this sentence, D.O’s head shot up, his eyes wide.

“Cheongmalyeo?!” he exclaimed.

Both Suho and Luhan nodded furiously.

“Well don’t just stand there!” D.O exclaimed, “What is it?!”

“A job!” Luhan exclaimed.

D.O and Sookyung looked at Luhan with confused looks.

“A job?” D.O repeated confused.

“Yeah! If Sookyung gets a job at SM, she’ll be able to stay with us!” Suho exclaimed.

“But wait, there is no job in SM that I’m qualified to do,” Sookyung pointed out.

“Aha~ but there is!” Suho said.

“A translator!” Luhan exclaimed.

D.O’s and Sookyung’s eyes widened before they looked at each other.

“Why didn’t I think of that?!” they both exclaimed in unison.

D.O hugged Sookyung tightly before holding her by her shoulders.

“That’s the perfect job for you Sookyunggie!” D.O happily exclaimed, “If you become EXO’s translator you’ll be able to live with us!”

D.O hugged Sookyung again before Kris walked in with Tao.

“What’s with all the shouting?!” Kris asked annoyed with the noise.

Luhan turned to them with a big smile on his face.

We found a way for Sookyung to stay with us!” he exclaimed happily.

Kris’s and Tao’s eyes widened before Tao smiled happily.

Really?!” he exclaimed.

Tao clapped his hands like a seal and hopped up and down, still smiling.

That’s great Sookyung!” Kris exclaimed smiling lightly.

Sookyung smiled widely before Tao tackled her into a hug.

“Yay my aegyo buddy will be able to stay!!!” he exclaimed happily.

 

*The Next Morning*

 

“Hyung, noona wake up! You have to meet sajangnim today!”

Sookyung stirred and opened her eyes to see Sehun standing over her and D.O in his pajamas.

“Araso Sehunnie, you can go get ready now,” Sookyung said softly smiling at Sehun.

Sehun smiled and nodded before throwing a pillow at Kai.

“Yah Kkamjong! Get up!” he shouted.

A growl was heard before Sehun shrieked. Kai had just grabbed Sehun and put him into a headlock.

“What did I say about calling me that?” Kai growled tightening his grip.

“I’m sorry! Let go!” Sehun screeched.

Sookyung giggled at the two before turning to D.O, who was still sleeping soundly. Sookyung propped herself up on her elbows before pinching D.O’s nose, causing him to snore loudly and jolt awake.

“What what what?!” D.O panicked shooting up, “Is the house on fire again?!”

“Again?” Sookyung repeated while tilting her head in confusion.

D.O looked around only to see Sehun trying to get out of Kai’s grip; he then looked down to see Sookyung looking up at him in confusion. D.O groaned loudly before falling back onto his pillow. Sookyung pursed her lips and poked D.O’s cheek.

“The house was on fire before?” she questioned.

“Yeah, Lay-hyung forgot to turn the stove off and the kitchen almost burned down,” D.O explained.

“Omona, did anyone get hurt?”

“Just Chanyeol a little, he tried to put out the fire and got a few burns. He’s okay now though.”

“That’s good; I was worried that someone had gotten seriously hurt.”

“Aww~” D.O cooed as he squeezed Sookyung into a hug, “Is Sookyunggie really becoming EXO’s omma now~?”

Sookyung blushed in embarrassment before she slapped D.O’s arm.

“Oppa~!” she whined when D.O started laughing.

Eventually D.O stopped laughing and hugged Sookyung again.

“Aww you know I’m just kidding dongseng-ah~” he cooed before kissing Sookyung’s head.

D.O patted one of Sookyung’s arms.

“C’mon, we should go get ready,” he began, “We got a long day ahead of us.”

Sookyung nodded and got up, only to look over and see Sehun’s face turning blue.

“Jongin! Let go of Sehun already!” she exclaimed in panic, “You’re going to strangle him to death!”

“What?” Kai said before looking down at Sehun, “Oh shoot!”

Kai quickly let go of Sehun, who immediately took a deep breath, as Sookyung hurried over to them.

“Sehun-ah gwenchana?!” she questioned.

Sehun nodded as he took a few deep breaths. D.O chuckled as Sookyung began to fuss over Sehun and scold Kai.

‘Yup~ she’s definitely becoming EXO’s omma,’ he thought.

 

After that whole ordeal, the twins went down to eat breakfast, prepared by Suho, and got ready for the long day ahead of them. After taking a shower and washing her face, Sookyung came down the stairs to see Chanyeol standing by the door, humming a song and swaying back and forth slightly. Sookyung smiled before running over to Chanyeol and jumping on his back. (His backpack is on the floor instead of his back ^-^)

“Yeollie-oppa~!” she called while giggling.

“Whoa!” Chanyeol exclaimed staggering forward a bit in surprise.

Sookyung giggled again before Chanyeol laughed and hooked his arms under Sookyung’s legs, supporting her on his back.

“Yah, enjoying the view?” Chanyeol asked laughing slightly.

Sookyung giggled and nodded, tightening her hold around Chanyeol’s neck a bit.

“Uwh! I can see the WHOLE world from up here,” Sookyung said smiling.

Chanyeol laughed loudly before he started to spin around. The two started laughing until someone cleared their throat. Chanyeol stopped spinning before he and Sookyung looked over to see D.O standing at the bottom of the stairs with Baekhyun, who had an unreadable expression on his face. D.O crossed his arms.

“Yah Park Chanyeol, what do you think you’re doing?” he questioned slightly glaring at Chanyeol.

Chanyeol pouted and turned towards the two.

“Oh lighten up Kyungsoo, we’re just playing,” he said adjusting Sookyung.

D.O scowled.

“Doesn’t look like it,” he mumbled.

Sookyung pouted at D.O.

“Aww~ is Kyungsoo-oppa jealous because he’s not as tall as Yeollie-oppa~?” she teased/mocked.

D.O’s ears turned red from embarrassment.

“I am not!” he exclaimed.

“Are too~” Chanyeol and Sookyung teased before laughing.

As they were laughing, Sehun and Luhan came down the stairs, chatting amongst themselves.

“Hey~!” Sehun exclaimed noticing the four by the door, “I wanna piggyback noona too!”

Sehun bounced down the rest of the stairs and towards Chanyeol, who started running with Sookyung still on his back. Sookyung yelped in surprise and held onto Chanyeol so she wouldn’t fall off.

“No fair Chanyeol-hyung!” Sehun exclaimed as he chased after Chanyeol and Sookyung.

D.O and Luhan chuckled in amusement.

“They’re cute aren’t they?” Luhan asked D.O.

D.O crossed his arms but smiled.

“I hate to admit it but yeah,” he said, “Sookyung looks really happy when she’s with Chanyeol or Sehun so I guess I’m okay with it.”

Hearing these words, Baekhyun frowned but then flinched when he realized what he was doing.

‘What the…? Why do I get so upset when I see Sookyung playing with Chanyeol and Sehun like that? It can’t be…am I…jealous?’ Baekhyun thought.

Baekhyun touched his chest where his heart was and felt that it was beating a little faster than normal. Baekhyun scrunched his eyebrows in concern before shaking his head.

‘No way, it can’t be,’ he denied, ‘She’s D.O’s twin sister, he’d kill me if he knew I was thinking like this.’

Baekhyun looked up and over to see Sehun steal Sookyung off of Chanyeol’s back and spin her around bridal style a few times, laughing the entire time. Not too long afterwards, Suho and Kris came down the stairs.

“Yah what are you guys doing?” Suho questioned, “We have to get going, start loading up the van.”

While Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Sehun, D.O, and Sookyung nodded, Luhan put his hands on his hips.

“Excuse me Joonmyun?” Luhan questioned.

Suho raised his hands.

“Y-You know what I mean Luhan-hyung,” he said.

Luhan pursed his lips but then broke out into a big smile.

“I’m just kidding Joonmyun chillax~” he said.

Suho gave a nervous laugh before scurrying out the front door. Kris clapped his hands.

“Alright let’s get this show on the road,” he said, “We all have a long day ahead of us, D.O after your meeting with sajangnim we have a photo shoot to go to so no messing around.”

D.O nodded before Sehun latched himself onto Sookyung’s arm.

“Kris-hyung can noona come with us~?” he asked using his puppy dog eyes.

Kris sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

“Only if she wants to,” he said.

Sehun redirected his puppy dog eyes to Sookyung, who frowned, knowing that she can’t resist Sehun what he was like this.

“Do you want to noona?” he asked.

Sookyung bit her lip before smiling a little and nodding. Sehun smiled brightly and jumped up and down.

“Yay!” he cheered.

 

“ROLY POLY~! ROLY ROLY POLY!”

Baekhyun sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose, shaking his head at the loud giraffe next to him.

“Chanyeol would you keep it down?” Suho grumbled from the front seat while rubbing his temples, “It’s too early in the morning for this.”

“BUT I LOVE THIS SONG~!” Chanyeol shouted.

As Chanyeol started to sing loudly again, Baekhyun reached down into Chanyeol’s bag and pulled out a sandwich before stuffing it in Chanyeol’s mouth. The other EXO-K members started clapping their hands.

“Brilliant Baekhyun-hyung,” Kai commented taking his earphones out, “Now I don’t have to blast my eardrums anymore.”

Chanyeol, the sandwich still in his mouth, hit Baekhyun’s arm and pouted, crossing his arms. Baekhyun rolled his eyes and leaned his head back on the seat, only to have his cheek poked by Sehun, who was sitting behind him. Baekhyun groaned and turned his head slightly to see Sehun leaning towards him.

“Bacon-hyung, look at noona and D.Omma,” he instructed.

Baekhyun raised an eyebrow and looked at the seat in front of him to see Sookyung leaning her head on her brother’s shoulder, both asleep. Baekhyun tilted his head before turning back to Sehun.

“So?” he asked.

“Don’t they look cute?” Sehun asked, “If it wasn’t obvious they were related, I would’ve thought they were a couple.”

Hearing Sehun’s words made Baekhyun frown and look at the twins again. Chanyeol raised an eyebrow and looked back at Sehun.

“Why would you think that?” he asked.

Sehun tapped his chin.

“Well,” he began, “They’re always together, they hold hands all the time, and they even sleep together.”

“Not to mention D.O almost killed Baekhyun-hyung last night because of you-know-what,” Kai chimed in before puckering his lips.

Baekhyun blushed and leaned back to hit Kai but missed since Kai leaned back. Baekhyun opened his mouth to retort but was interrupted when their manager announced their arrival. Suho got out first and slid the back door open.

“Yah D.O wake up,” he began as he shook D.O’s shoulder, “We’re here get up.”

D.O groaned and shifted a bit before his eyes opened. He yawned and rubbed his eye.

“Huh?” he slurred tiredly.

“We’re here,” Chanyeol began, “So wake Sookyung up and get out of the car so we can get out too.”

“Or Baekhyun-hyung can wake her up,” Kai snickered quietly.

Though Kai thought no one had heard him, Baekhyun did and he turned around to glare at Kai, who stuck his tongue out at Baekhyun.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

End~ I actually finished this chapter a few months ago but I was so occupied with finals, graduation, moving, and registering for school that I forgot about it ^^” sorry to the peeps who were waiting so long for this ^^”

 

Date & Time: August 19, 2013 12:55 PM

 

Listening To: VIXX – You.Are.Im.Pressive (G.R.8.U)

 

Mood: I’m alright ^^