INTERTWINED

COINCIDENCE

 

TUESDAY morning while So min was sitting on her chair, staring blankly outside the window, talking to herself again

 

 

‘Mind, why can’t you stop thinking about him?’

 

‘Obviously, it is YOU  who want it’

 

‘She already have girlfriend, I should not think about him’

 

‘We are not sure about that; you should have confirmed it to him yesterday’

 

‘I don’t want to! It’ll be awkward if I asked him! Moreover, all I want is his happiness’

 

She thinks about the laughing voice of Hyun joong

 

‘I was relived when I heard it; it feels like his voice caressing me’

 

‘You’re falling for him So min ah, don’t you think it’ll be more painful if you continue being close to him?’

 

‘Who’s falling to whom?’

 

‘Don’t be pretentious, you know you are’

 

‘I’m not ‘cause I already fall’

 

She remembers how she suffers all those pain, living with no memory at all. How she desperately trying to reminisce all those happiness from her past, but she failed. How she hurt the people around her because of not knowing them.

 

She felt like she was the loneliest person on the whole world but when she met Hyun joong, everything changes. She started to think not only for herself but for others.

 

She thanks God for being alive even without memories. She learns that she is not the ONLY ONE hurting. She may have lost something but she realizes that nothing really belongs to her. She decided to renew herself. She embraces a new goal in life that she has to live her life to the fullest, with no regret and to make the precious people around her to be happy.

 

‘It is risky So min ah’

 

‘It’s only been 3 days since I met him, but HE conquer all the pain I endured for the last 3 years, he gave me hopes and aspirations’

 

‘Are you sure you want this?’

 

‘YES’

 

“Anyone who has lost something they thought was there forever finally comes to realize that nothing really belongs to them. And if nothing belongs to me, then there’s no point wasting my time looking after things that aren’t mine; it’s best to live as if today were the first (or last) day of my life”

 

--excerpt from Paulo Coelho’s ELEVEN MINUTES

 

(Since minmin reads Paulo Coelho’s novel, I decided to put some quote from it)

 

 

 

AT THE LIBRARY OF COURSE, So min come first as usual. After logging her time, she sat quietly on their usual chair. There are few students who borrowed books but none of them stayed longer.

 

She was about to write again but she didn’t continue. She saw a book at the top of the table. It was the same book that Hyun joong reads at their first meeting. She opens it and saw a red rose inside the book. She also noticed the note that was attached on it.

 

‘Do you like it?

 

-- Kim Hyun joong

 

Her heart beats faster and faster, she felt like her heart was about to popped out because of so much happiness.

 

‘He really know how to make you smile’

 

She started reading the book and didn’t notice the time. The librarian came and was surprised that So min was still there.

 

“Looks like someone enjoys her stay in the library”

“Ahh.. anneyong Song saeng nim”

 

“It’s late; your parents will be worried about you”

 

So min looks at her watch and saw that it was already 6:30 pm

 

“omo, this is bad, I have to go”

 

“Be careful”

 

 So min immediately packed his things and put the book inside her bag. She bows her head and headed to the door. As she stepped her foot outside the door felt a cold breeze and she heard a sound, a sound of a guitar.

 

She looks around trying to find the sound. She saw a man sitting at the window, playing the guitar. Though it was only a dim light, she was sure that it was Hyun joong. He was playing “Canon Rock”, it was from her favorite movie My Sassy Girl

 

She remembers the scene, where the guy gave the girl a rose after playing that song. She took the rose that she found at Hyun joong’s book. She slowly walks towards Hyun joong smiling.

 

After playing, Hyun joong stand up and looked to So min’s eyes, moments of serenity. She hand-in the rose

 

“So, you know that movie too?”

 

“Of course, I do”

 

“Then you know what will happen next?” Hyun joong smile teasingly

 

“Huh?” She was dumbfounded. She tries to remember the whole story but her mind was stagnant

 

“I mean, just closed your eyes”

 

“hmm..”

 

“Come on, just do it please”

 

“Arasso” So min is still undecided if she will follow him but she was persuaded by Hyun joong’s puppy eyes. She closed her eyes.

 

‘Waiting for that kiss, So min -an?’

 

‘sheesssh..be quiet MIND!’

He puts something into her hands and whisper softly to his ears

 

“Thank you”

 

So min slowly opened her eyes as she feels the cold breeze again. Hyun joong was gone. She looks around but he cannot find him anymore.