FIRST

COINCIDENCE

 

“So min, wanna come? We’re going to Lee ya’s house after class” Ji ro invited her.

 

“hmm..i’m sorry but I couldn’t” she sadly refused.

 

“Will you be okay?” he asked worriedly.

 

She nodded and put on a weak smile. “Don’t worry and have fun” she turns around and walks away leaving her friend behind. If she stays there, she might not be able to hide it anymore. She really wanted to come or should I say she really “needs” to be with her friends right now but she has something to do. She was obliged to help in the library for 10 hours. This was her punishment for losing her ID. She doesn’t really know where or how did she lose it. Its just one day, when she opened her bag it was gone. She looked all over there house but she couldn’t find it. And so to be able to get a new one she needs to complete the 10 hours service in the library.

 

She walks inside the library. Nobody was there. Not even one student.

 

“Hey” a male student from behind called her.

 

She looked around and was surprised. She felt that her body froze for awhile. The guy looks so cool as if he was a rock star. He walks toward So min until only an inch space between their faces. She was aback. Her eyes widened and she can’t breathe. One, two three seconds and the guy smiles as he pulls away his head.

 

“You don’t look like a bookworm, so, why are you here?” the guy asked suspiciously.

 

“Ahh, ahh… .” she mumbled while speaking “I came here to assist” she finally elucidate.

“I was obliged to assist here for 10 hours, so I could have a new ID” she added.

 

He still looks at her, from head to toe. He was examining her whole being.

She’s cute.

 

“I will be here 2 hours everyday after my class” So min said shyly.

 

 “Here, this will be your time card” He took a piece of paper and gave it to her.

He sat in the nearest chair, took a book out of his bag and started reading it.

 

So min, who still standing watch him skeptically. Finally, she took the sit next to him and started to fill out the paper. She kept looking at him. She was disturbed by his presence. It’s not that she hasn’t met a guy before it’s just that, something so mysterious about him that kept her mind in a whirlwind.

 

Who is this guy? He looks so odd yet cool! Why is he here? Ooppss.. SO MIN! What the heck are you thinking??

 

 

“Are you thinking about me?” he said.

 

Did she actually read my mind? Omo, I can’t let my guard off!

 

“Excuse me?” she said. She made her look irritable by his sudden question.

 

He just looked at her and grins, if he hasn’t heard her.

 

Shame! Whatta grin! He looks so handsome.

Handsome? Where did it come from?

Erase.

Erase.

This man is full of his self!  And I’m just out of my mind.

Oh..So  min. stay composed please? You can’t be eaten by this monster! – An angelic face monster?

(Here goes my self again!)

 

“Excuse me, I think you misunderstand me” she said politely.

 

Wow, this girl is amazing; she even tries to hide what is absolutely obvious. It’ll be fun teasing her. Well, being stuck here for 10 hours won’t be boring now.

 

“arasso, I’m Hyun Joong, Kim Hyun Joong” he handed his hand for a handshake. Without even noticing she accepted it. It was a firm yet soft handshake.

 

Hey hyun joong, this isn’t your style? So what’s with that handshake? You should glare at her like you’d always do.

Yah mind, I know. I know. But it’s like my hand move automatically and her hand was warm and soft.

 

“Would you mind introducing yourself?”

 

“ahh.. So min, I’m Jung So min” she mumbled.

 

Hey mind, why did you spaced out? I’m becoming dumb in front of him.

 

“Hmmm..” he was waiting for her to asked him about why his here and etc but So min remained silent, puzzled.

 

“huh?’ is there something on my face? So min asked worriedly.

 

Hyun joong laugh out loud by So min’s reaction.

 

“Great! You make me laugh”

 

“aishh” she look Hyun joong with fierce.

 

“Do you know why I’m here?”

 

“No” she simply answered.

 

“I thought you would ask me, Normal people would ask that, you wanna why?”

 

“I’m not normal you know, It’s up to you, whether you want to share some of your secrets, my ears are ready to listen” she really wanted to know why his here, who he is and why does they are the only people inside this library.

 

“I was also like you” he paused for awhile.

 

“Like me? You are not normal like me?” So min smiles

 

“Yeah right” Hyun joong smiles also as he gets what she means

“I also lost my ID that’s why I’m stuck here for 10 hours” Hyun joong explained

 

“ahh..i see, but where is the librarian and why does no students here?”

 

“Are you really a student here?” he was surprised that there is a student who doesn’t know about the story behind this library

 

She nodded as a response to his question

 

“This is a haunted library; no student will be able to stay here for more than an hour, even the librarian”

 

“omo!” So min was shocked about his revelation. She was a brave girl but not to ghost. She was freaking afraid of them. She didn’t even watch any horror films.

 

“Afraid?”

 

She didn’t response. She’s still thinking about the word “haunted” it gives her chills.

 

“You really look funny, don’t worry I’m here” he tapped her shoulder

 

‘ya! Hyun joong, did you just say I’M HERE? You’re improving when it comes to girl, or should I say only to this girl’

 

So min was back to her senses when Hyun joong tapped her shoulder.

 

“gomawo.. . I will admit that I was really afraid of ghost”

 

“Relax. It’s just hearsay”

 

They continue talking as if they knew each other since birth. Hyun joong will tell him a lot stories while So min will listen earnestly. It has been 2hours of non stop talking. They didn’t notice the time since no one disturb them until the librarian came.

 

“Did I interrupt you two?” the librarian was looking to them suspiciously.

 

“anneyeong song saeng nim” So min stand up and greet the him

 

“you must be Jung So min?”

 

“yes”

 

“It looks like the both of you enjoys each other companies but it’s time to go home and save your stories tomorrow, you still have 8hours anyway” the librarian smiles as he looks to both them

 

They both stand up. They couldn’t say anything. They both know that the librarian was right. They don’t want to lie. As they walk outside both was silent.

 

“You know...” finally, So min talk first

 

“hmm..what do you want to say?”

 

“gomawo”

 

“For what?”

 

“For making me laugh and letting me know you” she was really happy. Only few people can make her laugh for real.

 

“Well, Ms Jung So min, I didn’t intend to do that. It’s just we are at the same place at same time” he was taken by what she said.

 

So min smiles so brightly.

 

‘whatta? What’s with that smile?’

 

“arasso, I’ll admit that I also enjoy your company, and thank you too” then he flashed his killer smile

 

“I’m going now, goodbye!” So min waved her hand and walked to the different path. But she froze when a fast car comes her way. Luckily, Hyun joong was still there. He run and pulls So min immediately. They fall down and the next THING they knew, their lips meet.