UNEXPECTED

COINCIDENCE

 

SO MIN keeps staring at her ceiling. She can’t sleep. Everything was fast as lightning.

 

‘So min, So min, why are you thinking about him?’

 

‘My mind, Are you that emotionless? It’s not that I want to think about him.  That was my very first kiss! First-first-first!’

 

‘You called that kiss? It’s a mere accident for me’

 

‘Accident?’

 

‘Yes, accident, only an accident! You shouldn’t be thinking more unless you want that scene to be remembered by me forever’

 

‘Of course not! Forget about it mind. That wasn’t even sweet! You are really right, that was only an accident, nothing more, nothing less’

 

‘Good So min’

 

‘But why does my heart beating so fast?’

 

‘Is your heart building on something now?’

 

‘You’re my mind yet you don’t know? Aish. You’re hopeless!’

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

MORNING comes and the loud yet sweet voice of So min’s father woke her up.

It was Saturday meaning she doesn’t have to go to Parang Highschool. She’s on her senior year. She’s still ashamed of what had happened yesterday. She doesn’t want to see him. (Okay, I’ll take it back) she does want to see him but she was too embarrassed. She need time to think and time to cope up.

 

“babygirl, get up already, the breakfast is ready” her father is all she have. Her mother died when she was little, as long as she can remember. She met an accident 3 years ago; she was hit by a car. She didn’t really remember exactly what happened. When she opens her eyes she was in the hospital.

 

Everyday and every night, she usually cries herself to sleep. She wanted to remember her childhood days with her mom but the trauma she suffers haunted her being. She was too afraid that she left her memory buried forever. But last night was an exemption. Her mind was flooded by Kim Hyun joong, his stories and that so called “kiss”.

 

‘Ya So min, this was the very first time for the whole 3 years that you didn’t think about that incident’

 

‘You are right Mind; this is the first night, the first night where I felt so happy, after that incident’

 

After going to the bathroom, she went directly to the dining area.

 

“What happened to you babygirl?” her father noticed So min’s smiling face

 

“Huh? I don’t know what you’re talking about appa” she blush as she remember her first – kiss.

 

“Looks like my babygirl is a big girl now” her father

 

“appa! Let’s just eat, okay?” she didn’t hide anything from her father but this time it is better if she keeps it to her self. Besides it was only an accident.

 

After eating and cleaning the house. She went to a park near their house and sits in a bench. She watches people around. How they look and what they do. She likes watching them. She saw a simple family, composed of a father, a mother and their daughter. They look so happy eating ice cream. She was jealous, if only that accident didn’t happened, she would at least have a memory from her childhood to reminisce.

 

Again, she is not sad but she feels a little lonely. She looks around trying to ignore the family. She was shock when she turns her head to her side. He saw someone.

 

‘omo, mind! What does this guy doing here?

 

‘I don’t know So min, I’m your mind not his’

 

‘Fine, whatever, what should I do now?’

 

She looks at his side again. He is not there anymore.

 

‘What the? Am I hallucinating?’

 

‘ahaha..you are crazy So min’

 

‘Shut up mind, I know he’s here a while ago, where did he go?’

 

“You want some?” Hyun joong said as he stood in front of her offering him cookies and cream flavored ice cream.

 

She didn’t response. She was stunned when she saw Hyun joong.

 

“I thought you like it too” he said again frowning.

 

“It’s not like that, I was just surprise” So min accepted the ice cream and smiles so dearly

“kamsahamnida Hyung joong but why does I only have this, where is your ice cream?”

 

 “That was your first curious question about me” Hyun joong just smiles back.

 

“When I feel alone or lonely, I eat ice cream, but when I saw you, it feels like you need it more than I do” He sits beside her

 

“It will make you feel better, believe me” he added

 

They remained silent for awhile. She felt that sitting beside him makes her heart at peace.

Again, she forgot about being lonely because of him.

 

“Hyun joong” So min finally broke the silence

 

“Yes? So min”

 

“Don’t you have stories to tell?”

 

Hyun joong smiles as she saw the curious face of So min

 

“Give me one good reason why I have to tell you stories then?”

 

 So min paused and thinks

 

“Because, you make me feel alive”

 

She knows Hyun joong was stunned by what she said. She saw his face.

 

‘Mind, help me! Did I say something wrong? But that was I really feel!’

 

“Alive” he whisper “I have never felt that thing before” he looks up to the sky. The sky was blue and bright.

 

“Arasso! I’ll tell you a very funny story, so listen carefully?” he looks at her and smile

 

So min nodded. She didn’t know what happened to him, why would he say such thing? She knows his hiding something from her. But she couldn’t ask him. She felt the pain when she looks at Hyun joong eyes.

 

“Don’t try to smile when you don’t feel it” she says as she looks also to the sky

 

“Look who’s talking?” Hyun joong

 

They both laugh. They started sharing different stories. So min shares stories about movies she and her father watched while Hyun joong shares stories from the books he have read.

 

It was almost sunset when they decided to part.

To Hyun joong surprised, So min hugged him tightly. His body was cold. Hers was warm. They stay like that for awhile

 

“gomawo Hyun joong”

 

“I should be the one thanking you, So min”

 

“For what?” So min looked to his eyes

 

“For the comfort you brought to me”

 

He turned around and waved his hand bidding his goodbye

 

Her body froze from what she heard. Awhile ago, she was in that lonely state. She needed someone to comfort her that’s when Hyun joong appear. But everything turns upside down as he said that she was the one comforting him. 

 

--------------------

SORRY CHINGUS..

i know, this is such a boring chapter/story..

but i hope you will still read this..