[3rd Entry] Cherry Blossoms

Forever

Comfortably I turned around in my bed and smiled. I felt the sun shine on my face and knew right away it would be a great day.

Good weather, spending time with my friends, school... with a quick motion I jumped out of my bed and looked at my alarm clock. 7:36.

Oh no! I have overslept!

Immediately I ran out of my room into the bathroom. The first time in my life I had overslept and while I was rushing from one room to another, packing my things and panicing if I would make it in time I admired Jessica for oversleeping every day and don’t panicing.

Finally I ran out of the house with a piece of toast in my mouth and trying to put on my blazer.

On my way I didn’t meet any other students – I was really late!

As I glanced at my watch I saw that it was already 7:56.

If I would take my normal way I would definitly be too late. Although I had never used it, I knew a short cut that would bring me to school in 5 minutes – hopefully.

So I ran into a small street and then climbed up a wall. As I jumped down on the other side I ran as fast as I could across the garden I had ‘broken in’. Another wall had to been crossed, I had to run down two small streets and finally arrived at my last hurdle. The wall of the school. Of course I didn’t feel well through my whole way but today I had to make an exception.

So I also climbed up the last wall and took a deep breath as I landed on the other side. I looked at my watch: 8:01.

Yes, I made it in time. I would have another 4 minutes until my teacher would arrive in the class room.

Quickly I fixed my uniform and my hair before I walked through the small garden of our school. Proud of myself to have made it in time, I suddenly stumbled upon something and almost fell. Luckily I was able to keep myself upright.

“Oh, sorry.”, a voice said and I turned around.

Under the cherry blossom tree laid a young man. He had dark brown hair in which some cherry blossoms had gotten caught up. His eyes were as brown as his hair and the way he looked at me somehow made me blush.

I then realized that it had been his foot I had stumbled over and blushed even more.

“No, no, I have to be sorry!” Before he could say anything else I quickly ran towards the school building. My face was burning. How embarrassing!

Out of my breath I reached the class room and luckily recognized that my teacher wasn’t present yet.

“Joohyun-ah! There you are! I thought, you would be ill or something because you weren’t here.”, Sunny said as I sat down.

“I overslept.”

“Seriously? I never dared to imagine you to oversleep and get too late to school.”, Yuri said and laughed. I smiled tiredly: “Well, somehow my alarm clock didn’t work.”

My mind was still in a mess and the meeting with the boy hadn’t made it better.

Then the door of the class opened and the chatter lowed down as the teacher came inside.

“Good morning everyone. I’m sorry for being late, but I had to clear up some things. From today on we’ll have a new student. Please come inside and introduce yourself.” The later he said to a person who was standing outside the room and then entered.

I gasped as I saw the young man.

He bowed and smiled: “I’m Jung Yonghwa. Nice to meet you. I hope we’ll get along well.”

As our eyes met I quickly covered my face behind a book I luckily had already taken out of my bag. Oh no, why did he out of all classes had to transfer into ours?

“Please take the free seat.”, the teacher said and I heard the steps of the new student coming closer.

“And Joohyun? Could you as the class representative show him the school, please?”

“Y-Yes, of course!”, I quickly said, looked up and tried to avoid the glance of Yonghwa.

As he sat down on the seat to my right, I carefully took a glance across my book. Our eyes met again as he was looking at me.

He favoured me with a smile. He definitly had recognized me.

Shyly I responded with smiling back but then quickly concentrated on my book again.

I could really feel the questioning glances of Sunny and Yuri.

But what made me blush again was the quiet laughter of Jung Yonghwa.