[10th Entry] 3 Days, 2 Nights (2박3일)

Forever

“Welcome to Gyeongju. I’m your tourguide and...” In front of the bus stood a woman, welcoming us and telling something about the city we had arrieved in.

Gyeongju, the capital city of the ancient kingdom of Silla. A place full of history.

“Oh, her eyes have began to sparkle already.”, Yuri who was sitting beside me said giggling to Sunny.

“Of course, this is totally what she likes.”, the latter added.

I blinked at them. “Yes, it surely is. After all this is the history of our country and I think you should also be interested in it.”

“We already learned about it in history class.”, Sunny crossed her arms behind her head and leaned back in her seat.

At first I wanted to answer but then just sighed. They weren’t interested in such things and I knew that. There was no point in trying to convince them that it was interesting.

So I just looked out of the window and watched the old buildings passing by.

I had been more than excited the whole trip. But not only because of the place we were going to but also because of him.

Yonghwa was sitting in the back of the bus, chattering with the other guys. I had secretly glanced at him a few times.

The thought of spending a whole 3 days with him made my heart flutter.

After some time we arrieved at the inn we’d stay. Luckily we were allowed to share a room with students of the other classes why Yoona and Jessica would also share a room with us.

“You can unpack now and later on we’ll go hike the Namsan together.”, the teacher explained before everyone left to get to there rooms.

“Why do we have to hike?”, Sunny asked anoyed, “And I thought a class trip would be more relaxing.”

“Come on, it’s not that bad.”, Yoona said as we entered the room, “Besides, we’ve got free time in the evening.”

“Yeah...you’re right...and that means-“, Sunny suddenly exclaimed and pointed at me with a victorious smile, “You and Yonghwa-Oppa will spend some time together!”

Totally baffled, I looked at her. “W-What?! No! I mean: ...no!”

“Why not? It’s perfect.”

I bit my lower lip. It wasn’t like I didn’t want to spend time with him. Actually I really wanted to! But I just ... didn’t know, how...

“Don’t push her too much, Unnie.”, Yoona said and while she unpacked. “We’ve still got 2 days. We don’t have to rush.”

Crossing her arms sulkily she gave in. “Okay... but at least make up, when you’re going to meet!”

 


 

Easier said than done. While we were hiking the Namsan, I caught myself glancing at Yonghwa again and again.

But it just didn’t seem to be the right moment at any time!

As we took a break, I saw Yonghwa standing at a pagoda.

“Oh look, Joohyun-ah! He’s alone now!”, Yuri told me and pushed me slightly towards the pagoda.

“But what should I say?” My heart already begun to beat faster, even though I wasn’t even talking to him.

“Just ask him if he likes it here, or something like that. Don’t worry to much about it! Just go~”

Still insecure I nodded at my friends who gave me encouraging smiles, befor I walked to Yonghwa.

“Ah...uhm....”, I stuttered, too nervous to bring out a word.

“Nice, isn’t it?”, he suddenly asked and as I looked up, I could see him smile at me.

Gratefull that he had started the conversation, I nodded. My cheeks began to burn.

“Y-Yes, it is. There are so many beautiful historic and cultural remains here... and the view is just breath-taking.”

“You like such stuff, don’t you? I mean history and so.”

“Of course I do. It’s part of our culture and country we have to treasure.”, I explained.

Yonghwa chuckled lightly. “Yeah, you’re right. Should we enjoy the view a bit?”

“Sure.”

Together we walked to the viewing platform.

“Wah, it’s so nice.”, I said and enjoyed the wind blowing threw my hair.

“When you’re in the city everyday, you almost forget that there are such places, too.”

“I guess that’s also a reason why so many people come here.”

Standing there together, I was still nervous but slowly calmed down. Maybe I would really be able to ask him...

Taking my courage together, I was about to ask him  but he beat me. “Uhm, Joohyun-ssi, do you already know what you’ll do in your freetime tomorrow?”

My heart skipped a beat. Was he really...? “No... not yet. I maybe wanted to go and visit the Yangdong Folk Village but I don’t think the others want to go.”

“Then... how about we go together?”

Now my heart couldn’t be stopped anymore, beating like a Jackhammer. “S-Sure, I’d love to!”

“What would you love to?” Suddenly someone appeared beside me.

“Oppa! You scared me!” Kyuhyun only answered with an innocent smile, before repeating his question.

“Well, we’re going to visit the Yangdong Village tomorrow.” “Yangdon Village? Sounds good. Mind if I join? I wanted to got there, too.”

A bit shocked I looked at him. I liked Kyuhyun. I really liked him, but at that moment I wished him to never have asked. My dream of spending some time alone with Yonghwa would just remain a dream.

“Actually we wanted to go alone. Sorry.” Yonghwa then said with an apologetic smile.

My mood lit up again. How lucky that Yonghwa was a person, who was able to well, reject people in a nice way and not someone like me, who wasn’t able to turn anyone down.

“Alone?” The surprise was clearly noticeable in Kyuhyun’s voice. “Are you two a couple?”

“N-No, we aren’t!”, I quickly said whereupon he raised an eyebrow. “Not? Well then, it shouldn’t bother you when I accompany you, should it Joohyun-ah? The others just don’t want to go with me.”

This time Yonghwa couldn’t answer since he directly asked me.

Kyuhyun knew how my personality was. Although I was dissapointed and sad, I didn’t even waste a thought that he could maybe want to interrupt us on purpose.

“Well...no...it’s okay.” In the end I hade to give in. 

So it would be the three of us...