Pretty Obvious

Three Oneshots for royalblueblood :)

 

 

"True Love is hard to find. But even harder to hide."

 

 

“Kim Jongin.” Yoona sharply stated as the boy who took a seat beside her closed her book all of a sudden, throwing the poor thing somewhere else.

 Her once in a blue moon glare was surely a killer. Her big doe-like eyes changed into big demon-like eyes, shooting daggers at the dark-skinned boy. “Why did you throw that book? Are you out of your mind?” She hissed, on the verge of punching the boy due to his irrational attitude.  

Kai casually shrugged, as if he’s mocking on her. “You already finished that book. What’s the point of reading it again?” He asked, resting his chin on the back of his hand in a bored manner.

Yoona was flustered at his blunt comment. She already did finished reading the book but since she got nothing else to do, she had just decided to kill the remaining free time by reading. Though there’s really no point of reading it again. 

“W-why do you care?” She slightly stuttered, annoyed and amazed at the same time. It was surely annoying, for her, whenever Kai’s winning their argument. But she also found it amazing at the same time. For it wondered her a lot on how he knew such things.

This time, Kai faced her, wearing one of his cool expressions on his face. For a normal girl, such expression would cause explosion of their ovaries. Good thing, Yoona isn’t a normal girl.

Or else, she could’ve already died for always being with the popular boy.

“Because…” He paused, as if he’s showing that he’s thinking of a reason. “I do care…”

“Aishh…” Yoona grumbled as she wasn’t able to receive a reason that made sense. “Whatever, you’re just interrupting me again…” She mumbled, getting another book that came from her bag. Perhaps, already used to his effortless reasoning. 

Kai was irritated deep inside. But his poker face showed nothing but carelessness. He then grabbed again her book, coldly closing it and putting it back on her bag.

 Yoona grew more irritated. “For your information, I still haven’t read that one!” She exclaimed, running her fingers through the strands of her hair; a way of relieving stress.

Kai smirked. “I know. That’s why I didn’t throw it just like the other book that you’ve already read. Right?” He then stared at her, as if he wanted to tell something important at her.

Yoona was once again, amazed. The irritation and frustration slowly melted, touched at how he really knew her too well.

And of course, being the woman who also knew him too well, she got what his stare meant. “Spill it out. What are you going to say?” She sighed, her tone turned into a softer one.

Kai just continued staring at her but even before he gets lost at her pretty eyes, he looked away and sighed. He was once again fluttered at how she got what he meant. Eve f it's just an eye contact. “Nah…I’ve got nothing to say.” He said, playing hard to get.

The girl adjusted her eyeglasses as her eyes squinted a bit. She wanted to ask further questions about it but a part of her noted that he might just needed more space. “Okay then. Stop disturbing me.” She said, arranging her things to get ready for break time.

Kai bitterly smiled as he kind of expected it. He actually wanted to test if she’s going to ask further. But as usual, she just let it pass.

Of course, a part of him was thankful that she isn’t the type to dig deeper to the extent of being nosy or what. But a greater part of him was disappointed. He had actually hoped that she's going to at least, try harder.

“Ask further and I’m going to confess to you…” He mumbled which is incoherent for the girl beside him, shaking his head.

“Hmm? What are you saying?” Yoona asked, confused if he’s talking to her or just doing his self-conversations again.

Kai shook his head.  “Nothing, I hope you enjoyed more my company than having your books on your free time.” With that he stood up and stretched like a lazy cat. “Meet me on the theatre later.” He showed her a small smile, as if he’s telling her that he’ll be waiting.

Yoona felt weird, again, but decided to set aside her feelings. After all, she’s nothing but the geeky, nerdy, best friend of the popular guy, Kai.  

“I hope you’ll stop doing such things…” She mumbled, feeling touched an overwhelmed again by his small acts.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Seohyun is really a catch…” Kai suddenly muttered, eyeing the innocent lamb who was currently directing a stage play on the mini-theatre of their school.

It’s already their English period and they're currently handling and managing some stage play. And their lovely teacher had allowed them to temporarily use the school's theatre.

Yoona hit him, unsure of whether because of his playfulness towards the innocent girl or just because of her…own personal reason.

“Why? She’s really beautiful. Isn’t she?” He asked, raising an eyebrow. "Beauty plus brain. A package indeed."

And Yoona didn’t know how to react. She doesn’t know if she’s going to take it seriously, by heart. Or she’s going to just avoid it. Either way, it bothered her, slightly.

"Of course she's pretty!" Yoona said, slightly unsure of herself. Her tone was obviously higher than the normal, as if she's avoiding something. Probably keeping something with herself.

To her bad luck, the boy detected her fake tone.

"All girls are pretty.." She added, just for the sake of the conversation. She actually hoped it'll die down but it seems like Kai had just thought of another think linked with the issue.

Kai nodded, smirking. “Then you are beautiful.” He stated rather asking, all of a sudden, confusing the lady with his out of the blue statements.

Yoona stared at him, puzzled and slighlty blushing. "I don't think so..." She just denied, adjusting again her eyeglasses. "I don't even think I'm a girl.." She mumbled, hating on how she easily opposed her words a while ago.

He then shifted his malicious eyes to the supporting actress on stage.

"How about Sooyoung? Her figure is to die for huh?" He retorted, stealing glances at the girl beside him to observe her reactions.  

Yoona sighed. She was wondering why the hell such questions were imposed to her by the man. She's pretty sure he's just fooling around. But she's not sure the  reason why he's asking her such questions.

"Why are you even asking me these?" 

 

"Usually, girls will become insecure when another girl was compared to them. Especially when the guy was someone they like..."

 

Kai chuckled upon recalling his older sister's remark, enjoying at how he felt that Yoona was already uncomfortable with the topic. He smirked, his hope slightly risen, as if there's another little reason for him to continue with his journey.

"Seriously, you're being creepy. All of a sudden you're throwing me freaky questions. Then few more minutes, you'll be laughing creepily." She noted, obviously observant at his acts. "Are you going through mental illness?" She grumbled, already getting annoyed with his immature games.

Kai went silent, more to Yoona's irritation.

She hated how she looked obvious already while he's just being mysterious again.

She took one last glare at him whose arms were arrogantly crossed on his chest, eyes focused on the stage. She then blew the strands blocking her sight and abruptly stood up.

Kai suddenly furrowed his eyebrows, confused at her actions. "Wait, where are you going?" He asked, clueless as to what had come to Yoona.

Meanwhile, even she, herself, had nothing to go at. But she just showed a poker face, learning from his expressionless faces. "Somewhere else." She said, turning her back on him.

But he managed to grab her wrist, preventing her from going.

She then stiffly faced him, again. "What now?" She asked, shutting her eyes tightly to hold in the grudge (which has an unknown reason) she had at the moment.

Kai was slightly taken aback at the fierceness in her eyes. He was pretty sure that there's something wrong. "Why? Why are you leaving?"

Yoona laughed mockingly, dismissing his hand away. "Why? Ha! you've gotta be kidding me..." She accidentally used a louder voice, waking her senses up.

She then shook her head as if she's not with herself a while ago.

 

"Excuse me Yoona-ssi.."

And Seohyun's soft voice truly surprised her. She then bowed few times, muttering her apology.

"Gosh! I'm so sorry! I never wanted to interrupt that play!" She trembled with shame, afraid that the director approached her for that.

Seohyun smiled. "No! I'm not here for that silly!" She denied, demurely waving her hands in disagreement.

Yoona mentally wiped her cold sweat beads.

"I'm here for tha script of the play, actually.."

Yoona then snapped her fingers, realizing that she's the script writer of the play. "Oh yeah!"

Seohyun then opened the folder she had with her and tiptoed next to her. Yoona had just realized that though the girl was younger than her, Seohyun is taller than her even by just few centimeters. She then noticed that calmness in her voice, as if she's hearing an angelic voice. She then started to observe her facial features, praising each of them.

"So yeah, I and some were actually finding it weird. Do the lead actress feels the same way as the lead actor? I just have to assure this so that our lead actress would portray the role better..."

Yoona then snapped out of her thoughts, chuckling awkwardly by herself. "A-ah, yeah. She actually hides it. So the lead actor would see her as someone who's close at such things. And that made it hard for him to pursue his so-called one sided love." Yoona thoroughly explained, giving the girl beside her a foolish and sheepish smile.

Seohyun nodded, smiling back. "That's it then. And I think I might need you later to explain and help the role-players on how they'll portray the characters better..." Seohyun sincerely thanked her. "Thanks-"

But Jongin's bored figure caught her.

"Oh! Kai-ssi!" She raised a brow, hesitant of what she'll be saying.

Kai just coolly looked up to her, as if he's showing off at the director. Yoona found it childish and immature of him.

"I believe you already memorize your lines huh? Seeing you all calm and wearing a no-worry look..." She observed, smiling sarcastically at him.

Kai just stared at her, wearing his unidentified and unexplainable expression on his face. Yoona then kicked him secretly as she found Seohyun flaring her nose.

Kai then shrugged at Yoona, as if he' implying that he doesn't care.

"The other role players are on backstage, reviewing the script that Yoona had worked hard for..." Seohyun wittingly stated, definitely catching the lazy boy's attention.

Kai half-wondered as to what she wanted to imply, feeling that there's a meaning behind her lines. He wanted to think that she knew his thing for Yoona but just dismissed it all. Standing up, he just lazily stretched. "You're lucky you're pretty or else..." He mumbled.

"Saying something?" Seohyun immediately asked, placing her hands on her hips.

Kai sweetly smiled at her, too sweetly indeed. "Nothing at all."

With that, Seohyun gracefully turned her back at him, going down to the messed up play.

Yoona then faced Kai with an unbearable expression. "Aigoo, if you wanted to court her, you should've been at least acted nicer..." She said, really meaning it.

Kai just sighed, choosing to just quiet down. He was about to just silently go at the backstage to review his lines when Yoona spoke softly.

"I heard she likes diligent and mature guys.." Yoona, whow as even wondering to herself why she said so, muttered.

Kai then instantly faced her. he then stepped forward as he directly looked her on the eyes. "First, I don't care whatever she likes in men." He took another step forward, as if he's eyes were already drilling to her soul. "Second, I would appreciate it more when a girl likes me as who I am."

Now, he's just some few inches away from her, looking down at her with his pained eyes. Scratch that, with pained heart. "Last but not the least, I never said that I'm going to court her." He emphasized, leaving a dumbfounded alligator.

Yoona's mouth hang down widely. She then scratched her head in confusion upon the realization that he had gone away now.

"I just can't understand him..."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"It would be better if you'll have a sweetly-deceiving attitude. You know, like you're just being fake..." Yoona advised to Sooyoung, who was the main antagonist of the story.    

Sooyoung's shoulders deflated. "Why am I again the hater here?" She grumbled, just humbly nodding at Yoona's advice.

"Hahaha..I'm pretty sure Seohyun noona assigned that role since you're flirting with her Wu Yifan!" Chanyeol's deep laughter roared in the room, definitely disturbing the other staff members inside.

Seohyun, who happened to hear what he had just said, rolled her folder and hit the tall man's head. "I may be the director but I'm not the one who assigned the roles, jerk."

Chanyeol just sheepishly grinned, obviously just playing around them. Sooyoung just rolled her eyes, kind of falling on his trap.

"And excuse me but I'm not jealous of anything or anyone.." She said, unrolling again the folder as she sat to take some few minutes to rest.

Chanyeol and Sooyoung squinted their eyes, thinking that the lady had already shown obviousness.

"But noona, excuse me, I never told directly that someone is jealous of something nor someone..." Chanyeol corrected, faking innocence with his question.

Seohyun, who was on the verge of sleeping, instantly bolted up, glaring at the younger boy and his tactics.

Soyoung knew how bad the girl was when she's angry and she would never dare to be in the same room with her. "Ooops, looks like I need to go now and look for my costume." She lied, effortlessly going out of the room.

Chanyeol, who got what she meant, also spoke. "Oh yeah, I'm actually the janitor here.." He lamely excused. But even before he dashed out, he looked at Yoona. "Yoona-ssi, it would be better to get out now. Before the volcano errupts.." He joked, leaving a dumbfounded Yoona and a fuming Seohyun.

Seohyun then sighed, massaging her temples. She was about to take a nap when she realize Yoona's stiffened as she didn't even know what to do. She then faked a smile.

"Er, I'm sorry for...all." She simply stated, knowing she had only shown her other side just now.

Yoona then dismissively shook her hands. "A-anio! It's not like that.." She said, sicnerely stating it. She then hung her head down, staring down at the tiled ground. "I just found it amusing how you guys, are really close. Like a family. And it's nice to work with all of you..."

Seohyun sheepishly rubbed the back of her head. "Well, if you call nonstop bickering and undying teasings towards each other as a family. Yes, we're indeed a family.." She joked, laughing on her own.

Yoona just smiled, noticing how the prideful and composed lady would always be prideful and composed. But she can never ignore how Seohyun's fuming eyes were now replaced by a passionate one. As if she's forever be loving her so-called family.

"Actually, we've been working ever since high school started, so yeah. And don't forget that we loved your new company! Actually, compare to Tiffany who used to be our script-writer, you're less whiny and less self-centered." She said, chuckling at the image of Tiffany stating her own rules as if she owned the staff.

Not that she gets irked by her. She actually considered it as a discipline. But having a patient and humble Yoona also felt nice.

Yoona sheepishly smiled. "Hahah, I'll take that as a compliment."

Silence then enveloped the two of them. But it wasn't really awkward for the two of them. Unlike when they still didn't know each other, it was...at least, comfortable.

 

But it didn't even lasted for two juniors came chuckling.

"Unnie! I knew it! Kai sunbae likes you a lot!"

 

Seohyun frowned for she was just about to take a nap, for the second time around. But what really caught her was how Yoona stiffened all of a sudden. She wanted to ask her about it when she decided to keep silent first.

 

"Hahah! Of course! I'm confident with it. From the first time that our eyes met, I knew it! He likes meee~!"

 

Yoona uncomfortably stood up, as if she's acting busy. She tried to act like she's searching for something. Though inside, her mind was rambling in confusion.

She knew Krystal. Well, everybody does. 

 

"Well, I'm pretty sure, next time...he'll have the guts to ask me out."

"Wait, do you mean...he tried to talk to you this day?"  

"We just didn't talk-"

 

"Yah." Seohyun crossed her arms, taking an action even before Yoona crumbled down. "Who permitted you two that juniors are allowed here?" She asked, with her infamous deathly glare and frightening tone.

Sulli and Krsytal trembled in slight fear.

"S-sorry director."

"K-Kai oppa said that we should wait for him here.."  

 

"That guy, he wasn't even allowed here. I suppose he wanted the two of you in front of the stage..." Seohyun just said, knowing it's not wise to push more.

 

The two juniors just bowed and hurriedly went out of the room.

 

Meanwhile, Yoona was still awkwardly acting, never knowing the stares from the other girl. Seohyun then sighed, shaking her head in disbelief.  "Yoona, do you need something?" 

"Huh? Oh..n-nothing-" Yoona, who was busy daydreaming, froze and stiffly shook her head.

"Are you searching for something..?" 

"Ah, ah..." Yoona then thought of a good excuse. "I'm looking for the script, yeah..that." She said when she's actually fanning herself with the thing she'd been searching for.

"Hmm, it's actually on your hand." Seohyun stated as a matter of fact, stiffling her chuckles at Yoona's obviousness.

Yoona stared at her hand, dumbfounded. Then, her face became red, madly embarrassed at her actions. "Hahah! This is getting delusional! Thanks! I'm so weird!"

Seohyun just smiled, formulating her own conclusions based on Yoona's weird actions. "Well, I'm sorry but I have to go now..."

"Ah okay then! I'm just going to review here first. Just call me if you need my help...." Yoona said, stumbling on her own as she tried to take a comfortable position.

Seohuyn nodded, smiling on her own.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Yoona was about to close her eyes when a finger flicked on her forehead. "YAH!" She yelled, frustrated at the boy who uncaringly just hit her.

"Telling me not to be lazy when you're sleeping by yourself?" He teased, raising an eyebrow as he wondered mentally at the reason why she's looking like so tired as hell.

Yoona still rubbed her head, glaring at him and his immature actions. "Seriously, I need a break."  

Kai softened, noticing the dark circles under her eyes. He also observed how gloomy and sluggish she is, compare to the past few days before. "Yah, you look like you haven't been sleeping for decades! Are you even eating? So skinny!"

Yoona rolled her eyes sarcastically. "Jongin, I would've died if ever." She replied, literally taking the boy's words. "And of course, I wasn't able to sleep for the play was extended..."

Those past few days she'd been tiring herself out, she's busy with the paperworks and the script for the play. On top of that, she's editing for the publication for the upcoming event.

Kai smacked his own head, forgetting that she's the script writer. He was obviously tired with the nonstop practices, since he's the main protagonist in the story. "Damn Seohyun, what had gotten to her thick head?" He cursed, unable to keep the frustration all by himself. 

It was Yoona's time to hit him. "Leave Seohyun, she's just following the teachers."

"Then damn those freaking teachers..." He carelessly stated, receiving another hit from the girl.

"You're so immature! That's not nice you know!" She said, scolding him for his recklessness.

Kai shrugged, actually melting inside at her kindness. He might be the worst jerk on earth. But Yoona's goodness balances him. And that's why he probably got attracted to her. Worse, that attraction went too strong that he went to the extention of being a martyr.

"Shoot!" Yoona suddenly jerked up, ruffling her hair in irritation. "What to do? I forgot!!" She hollered, walking back and forth in nervousness.

Kai tilted his head in confusion. "Why? What happened..?" he asked slowly, creepingly thinking how Yoona looked so adorably cute.

Yoona faced him, biting her nails. "Remember Luhan..?" She asked.

Kai's expression then tightened, hating how the name sounded so offensive. "What's with him?" He asked, looking away.

Yoona played with her fingers. "Well..." She paused, noticing hatred on his eyes. But she just shook it all for she thought there's no reason for such. "He a-actually..asked me out!"  

Kai stood up, staring at her. It was all abrupt and forceful that Yoona slightly backed away. Kai sighed, seeing how she looked frightened. "What did you say then?" He asked, as casual as he wanted. But he failed since he sounded like a retard jealous freak. If wasn't for Yoona's stupidity in the field of romance.

"Well-"

"You're considering it?" He asked in disbelief, unconsciously raising his tone.

Yoona stared at him weirdly. "It's not like I could reject him right away! And he's the first one to ask me out okay? I don't have the right to reject...such-"

"Then if I've confessed to you earlier, would you react the same way?"

"Huh? What are you taling about.." Yoona asked, dumbfounded at what he's talking about.

Kai took one step closer, not breaking the ravaging eye contact between them. "Would you accept me if I confessed to you? Wouldn't it be awkward if your bestfriend told how much he loved you all along? Why can't you just think how hard it is for my side? Concerned if you'be accepting me or you'll be running away from me..."

Yoona didn't even blinked. Her heart seemed to stop at the moment, absorbing the words that came from his mouth. "H-ha! You think I'm going to fall for this? Hahah! Don't use the lines I composed for your character!" She then tried to turned around,  thinking she'll break down in any minute.

She wanted to be selfish and assume that the boy was sharing mutual feelings for her. But no. She knew what he's saying. Afterall, she was the one who write his lines. 

Kai just grabbed her wrist, facing her again then pulling her into a tight hug. "Why can't you take me seriously? Are my feelings just some kind of a joke to you? Why can't you put your guard down for a minute and listen to what my heart says? Why can't you get it?"

"Stop it! Just stop." Yoona fumed, pulling herself away from him. "This is not a joke. If you're trying to practice your line, not just with me..." She sighed heavily, her fingers running through the strands of her hair. "Do not play with me and my feelings. This isn't a good joke. And don't ever think of joining me into your collections.."

Kai stubbornly faced her again to him. "I love you Im Yoona okay? I love you!" Yoona was about to interrupt him, but he's not going to take it any further.

"No! Listen to me first. I just don't get how you became the top 1 in the class when you're plainly stupid for not noticing how obvious I am. Don't you think why wasn't I stable with those relationships? Don't you ever think why the hell am I shoving those facts to you? Don't you ever think how I kept foolishly following you around, sacrifing my huge ego? Just on time, haven't you thought of me falling for you?"

Kai then slowly pulled her again for a wamr hug. "I love you, I love you so much to the extent of making you jealous. And it's frustrating how I was the one getting jealous in the end..I love you. What can I do for you to see it?"

Eventually, Yoona felt like melting in his warm hug.

All along, just like him, she'd been keeping it for she was afraid to lose him. She was afraid that she'll end up just like those girls who gives in to him. She was insecure. 

"And don't you ever deny it Im Yoona. I knew it. I felt it..." Kai whispered softly, taking all the opprortunity he had to embrace the girl and melt her under his affection and care.

Soon, he felt how Yoona's arm enveloped his waist, as if she's actually accepting him.

 

 

 

"I guess, I really fail on keeping it huh?" Yoona asked, biting her lip as she finally didn't argued back. And she never regret it though. She amazingly felt nice with him. Much betetr than her dreams of him and her, as one.  

Kai smiled, tightening the hug between them.  "If you failed, then I obviously...horribly failed."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

You guys don't mind a long oneshot right? Or is it toooo long to the extent of feeling bored?

-_-

Anyway, I hope you guys, especially royalblueblood, have enjoyed this! Please give me feedbacks on how did you like it. Honestly, okay? : ) 

PS Sorry for my laziness... Jessica influences me a lot XD I'm such a troll.