What is a Bestfriend?

Three Oneshots for royalblueblood :)

 

"A bestfriend is someone who loves you when you forgot to love yourself."

 

 

 

"No offense but Seohyun's breathing should be fixed. She exhales too much."

"Why's Seohyun on the sub-unit? Jessica would've been better."

"They should've done a sub-unit with the main dancers instead! YoonYulSoo FTW!"

 

Seohyun tortured herself more as she continued from reading the so-called no offense meant criticisms. She knew she's just hurting herself but she insist, thinking it'll be better if she would know her mistakes in the eyes of the fans.

She then scrolled down, nodding all by herself. She must be a martyr for doing such thing but she only wanted to change.

Lately, she had been busy with MC-ing, promoting alongside Tiffany and Taeyeon as a sub-unit, modelling, endorsing and even preparing for a musical. And as she gets more attention, she also gets more haters and trolling people who keep pin-pointing her flaws and even the very little things she commits.     

On the other side, Seohyun wanted to change their views about her by changing herself. Even though she's well aware of the fact that she can't please everyone.

A heavy and long sigh escaped her nose as she tried to exhale bad and unwanted air inside her body. She believed she got to somehow, release her stress by those simple yet effective things.

She then was about to go further when a pretty hand closed her laptop, causing her to frown.

"What the-"

"Stop it, I mean it. That won't work." Yoona cut Seohyun off with a drop dead serious tone, directly looking into her eyes.

"I-I..was just browsing in the net." Seohyun denied, gripping tightly on the folded laptop which showed more that she's just lying.

"Quit that. I'm serious." Yoona stubbornly stated, still directed her eyes on the younger lady. "And I know you're reading their comments or whatsoever. Trust me, that won't work." She added, as if she's a psychic who knew what Seohyun exactly did a while ago.

True though. Yoona already knew her too well that it gets easy for her to read her. Determine whether she's lying or not, guess what she's thinking about and even just observing her little mannerisms, she knew her already.

Seohyun sighed in defeat. "They're just stating a fact though. So I'm going to improve-"

"No." Yoona firmly insisted. "Opinion was never a fact." She stated, over-powering the maknae by her authority as an older girl. "Believe me, you're already improving."

"But-"

"No." Yoona still cut her off with her firm answer. "You really think I and the other members didn't know that you've been killing yourself these days?"

"I'm not killing myself unnie!" Seohyun whined. Though she had thought of such, she shouldn't, she couldn't, she wouldn't.

"Literally, might not." Yoona glared at her, as if she doesn't want her to continue further by doing it literally. "You've been killing yourself slowly as you tired yourself the whole day practicing. You wouldn't eat. You wouldn't rest. heck! You wouldn't listen to us!" She exploded, disappointment filled her heart as she pitied the younger girl.

Seohyun hung her head down low, guilty at the things mentioned by Yoona.

"Physically, you're already dead. And now, you're going to kill yourself mentally by reading such? Seohyun..." Yoona closed her eyes, trying to calm herself down for she knew taht getting angry at Seohyun wouldn't be much of a help.

"Seo Joohyun, stop it. Just stop it." She softened, carefully grabbing the younger lady's hands. She then raised her chin up, wanting to meet her eyes.

She hated how she saw the exhaustion and tireness through her eyes. The spark and clearness weren't there anymore.    

"Look, SNSD and Sones are both appreciating every single sweat you break just to show your best. But we wouldn't actually mind if you'll take some time for yourself. Everyone deserves a break. And you're not an exception." Yoona encouraged.

She knew how Seohyun can be selfless at times, too selfless that she even forgets herself. And everything, anything that's too much is bad.

"Ayyy, you're not the Seohyun we know!" Yoona nudged her. "Where's the health freak Seohyun we knew that teaches us not to skip meals and to take proper vitamins? The Seohyn that tells us to have decent and enough time for sleepinga nd taking a rest? Especially at midnight for the skin cells to re-generate?"

Seohyun broke into a soft chuckle, realizing how she's uptight when it comes to health.

Yoona smiled in satisfaction as she got her now chuckling. She then held her shoudlers, warmly smiling at her.

"We want the old Seohyun back! We love you as an awkward joker, book and keroro lover, health-freak, innocent, boring...and will always love you as yourself. We don't want you chnage though you can improve. Because your true friends will love you as you are."

Seohyun felt like her darkening world being lit up again with her unnie's words. Sure it would take a lot of time before she could even be back as her original one but just like Yoona said, she could improve for the better.

And once again, she's thankful for the doe-eyed girl, right in front of her, for loving her when she herself, forgot to.   

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

YoonHyun FTW! I'm not really into such girl-girl romance but I do love friendship-themed stories. Plus, I'm kind of a feminist so yeah, I hate it when girls fight over boys, so unworth it. I mean, whatever. Yeah, I'm ranting nonsense again so just ignore my blabberings. -_-

About the story, yeah, it's too short right? But I only wanted to show the quote above there ^

You see, it's really very damn burdening when you're already on the top. Too much pressure. There's a lot of too much that I already knew why there's a lot of suicidal incidents among famous people. And Seohyun is obviously undergoing such issues. Yeah, she's slighlty insecure. She's unconfident of her own accomplishments. She doesn't really take praises by heart. Instead, she's into the criticism, taking all of them though she's hurting. I mean, reflecting on your mistake is a good thing to improve yourself. But not all criticisms are really...intended for your improvement. Not all criticisms are to be taken. And that's maybe her flaw. She...had gone too much.

And Yoona. She's really strong. I mean, she's the face and center of all but she's still the one who's comforting Seohyun. She probably just hides it in her ;( And perhaps the reason why she helped and supported her own bestfriend. She, somehow, is helping herself by means of helping her bestfriend. I mean, she knew too well how it felt like, and she's preventing Seohyun to felt it. 

Since this is more leaning into Yoona, I haven't showed how Seohyun helped Yoona. But yeah, Yoona must had also felt loved by Seohyun for she, also, doesn't want her too be like that~ 

 

To royalblueblood (see what I did there? Hahaha XD) whom I've been decicating these three failed oneshots, I hope you really enjoyed them :)) I know you don't deserve how updating these three always took me tooooo long ._. I'm really really sorry for that. But yeah, I wanna thank you from the bottom of my heart (<3) for submitting an entry and once again, congrats! :)