Suddenly She is Gone

My Guardian, Yang Yoseob

“Can’t you drive me to Yoseob’s place?” IU asked to Hyosung.
“I can’t. he has an interview. We can’t disturb him. What happened? Why suddenly you wanna meet him? Don’t you hate him to be your guard?”
“it’s not your business”
IU stared outside the window.

                Yoseob finished his interview and he will start the college in a week. He has an appointment with Kikwang. they will meet at a café in front of Kikwang’s office for lunch. Yoseob took a walk to go there. On his way, Yoseob passed an ice cream stall. He remember  that IU likes vanilla ice cream. He sighed and continued his walk. Arrivedat the café, Yoseob has to wait Kikwang there. Few minutes later, Kikwang came. He did a little run.
“hh.. hh.. Annyeong.. hh..” Kikwang greeted Yoseob and tried to fixed his breath. “sorry I’m late”
“it’s ok, Kikwang-ah. I already ordered orange squash for you, healthy man. Drink it”
Yoseob said while gave Kikwang a glass of orange squah and Kikwang quickly drank it.
“ah.. so fresh! By the way, I heard that you got a scholarship. I’ll treat you!” Kikwang smiled.
“aish.. stop pretending, Kikwang-ah. I know that it is your plan.”
“hahaha but you agreed. Finally.”
“if I didn’t take that scholarship. You would force me even more”
“you’re right”
They laughed and then had lunch.

----------------------------------------------------

“Thanks for the lunch, Kikwang-ah” Yoseob drank a glass of water. “you have to back to your office, right?”
“eoh? Ne. I have a meeting.”
“uri Kikwangie is a hard worker. He’s so busy even on beautiful spring.”
“I miss to be un-busy though hahaha. By the way, where’re your stuffs?”
“I put them at the sauna locker. I’ll take it when I enter the boarding house.”
Yoseob replied and smiled. Kikwang shook his head. And then took something from his pocket.
“use my apartement. And forget about stay at boarding house, ara?” he threw the keys to Yoseob. Yoseob catched them and thanked him.

IU looked awkward. After arrived at home, she just stayed at the kitchen and didn’t touch the food at all. Hyosung felt something weird and then talked to her.
“are you okay? You looked weird.” Hyosung touched IU’s forehead.
“aish! Don’t touch me. I’m fine.” IU put Hyosung’s hand away from her forehead.
“why do you daydream then?”
“I.. I.. I just.. do you have Yoseob’s number?”
IU quickly said it.
“what? Why do you need it?”
“it’s not your problem. Give it, quick!”
IU yelled at Hyosung. Hyosung grabbed her phone and searched Yoseob’s number on her contact list.

-----------------------------------------------------------

“ne? yeoboseyo?”
“we have to meet soon!”
“ng? who is this?”
“it’s me. Lee Jieun.”
“ex..excuse me?”
Yoseob blinked his eyes few times. He surprised. Suddenly he got a call from IU. Actually he liked it.
“Yang Yoseob. I’ll wait you. Deli cakeshop. 4pm. You know? I hate waiting.” IU hung up. Yoseob put his phone on the table. He was cleaning Kikwang’s apartement when IU called. He sighed. “I’m not ready. But.. I have to say the truth that I like her, right?”

                Yoseob wore a light blue shirt and grey jeans. He entered the cakeshop and didn’t see IU there. He chose to sit near the window. He ordered a cup of Americano and strawberry milkshake for IU. He read a book that he brought while waited for her. His order came. But IU still didn’t come. He checked his watch. He already waited for 30 mins. But IU hasn’t come yet. He drank his coffee. “I will wait for hours then haha.. I’m willing..” he smiled. 5mins later, Yoseob started to worry. He called IU. But se didn’t answer. Then he texted her.

To: Lee Jieun
where are you? I already arrived at the cakeshop. Are you on the way here?

To: Lee Jieun
do you have another appointment? I’m ok with it. Can you give me a call?

Yoseob sighed. IU didn’t reply his texts. He went home.

The clocked showed 11PM. Yoseob is still awake and writing CV for his working proposal. Sometimes he yawned, a sign that he already tired and sleepy. But he still wrote it. Because he wanna do a part time job for his living. He can’t rely on Kikwang. Kikwang has helped him a lot. And he feels sorry about it. Yoseob will give the proposal to coffee shop near his college. He broke his neck due to his tiredness. After finished the proposal, he did a little stretching and then laid on his bed. He felt so tired and it isn’t hard for him to fell asleep. But suddenly his phone rang. He quickly answered it.
“ne? Yoseob’s here.” He answered with half asleep.
“Yoseob-ssi! It’s me, Hyosung. Jeon Hyosung. I’m sorry for disturbing you. But.. Is Jieun with you now?” Hyosung said with panic tone.
“what? No she isn’t here. Wait.. what’s happening?” Yoseob is wide awake now.
“this afternoon, she said she wanna meet you. She went out and didn’t back home until now.” Hyosung’s voice cracked. Looks  like she is crying now.
“wait.. wait.. she didn’t come today. We made an appointment. I waited but she didn’t come..”
“what? Omo… ottokhae.. where is she then..”
Hyosung cried.
“Hyosung-ssi, please be calm. I’ll look for her. Stay at home, ne? I’ll look for her.” Yoseob quickly hung up and called Kikwang. he called him for accompany Hyosung at her house.

                Yoseob looked for IU around the town. But Seoul is too big for him to search a girl alone. He tried to call her. But still.. no answer. He arranged his breath. It’s 2AM already. There’s no sign from IU. He tried to call her phone thousand times. But no answer. Just the operator machine. Tired and thirsty, he sat on the side-road. “Jieun, where are you..” suddenly his phone vibrated. A text has just arrived.

From: Lee Jieun
I’m in Busan now. Meet me at the old garage near the harbor. Come alone. We need to talk.

Yoseob sighed. “what’s happening with her? Suddenly ask the weird thing like this. How can I go to Busan at 2AM. There’s no public transportation here.” Yoseob called Kikwang and asked him to borrow him a car.

Kikwang and Hyosung quickly headed to Yoseob’s place, in front of Lee’s company. After arrived there, Hyosung asked him about IU.
“is she okay?” she asked.
“I don’t know. She texted me that we need to talk.” Yoseob answered.
“I will come along!”
“no.. I can go there with you. She asked me to come alone.”
“it’s weird.. she is my sister. I have to go too.”
“I don’t think that it’s a good idea.”
Yoseob answered. Kikwang and Yoseob exchanged glances. And Kikwang said to Hyosung. “Jagiya.. you have to be patient and let Yoseob pick IU. Ara?”
“but Kikwang-ah.. my sister..”
Hyosung hesitated.
“she will be okay” Kikwang her hair. “Yoseob-ah, use my car.” Kikwang gave the key to Yoseob.
“thank you. I’ll be going now. I’ll make sure that she will be fine. So long” Yoseob drove to Busan.

 

 

 

Sorry for very late update. I got my holiday though.
This capter actually has finished a long time ago. but I only have time to post it now.
Enjoy reading ^^