My Guardian, Yang Yoseob

My Guardian, Yang Yoseob

Kissing passionately, Yoseob held IU waist and pulled her closer to him. IU wrapped her arms around Yoseob’s neck. Sometimes they could feel themselves lost their breath. Yoseob looked into IU’s eyes.
“I miss you” he said, kissed IU’s forehead and hugged her.

“you can’t leave me anymore.” IU said, laid her head on Yoseob’s shoulder.
“I won’t. How could I? I can’t live without you. After being half-dead. I’m back with your love. I didn’t plan to give it back cause it gave me soul” Yoseob caress IU’s head from side.
“Promise?”
“Promise.”
He smiled and kissed her top of head.

-------------------------------------------------------------

*Flashback*

Few weeks before Wooyoung kidnapped IU. She fainted at home. Yoseob brought her to the hospital.
“She doesn’t have much time, you said?” Yoseob stood up in sudden as the doctor talked about IU’s condition?
“In her young age, alcohol damages her liver. Only liver transplant which could save her. But that’s kinda hard since we couldn’t randomly pick the liver for her. We tried hard to find it but we couldn’t do anything for now.” The doctor sighed.
“Could you take my liver?” Yoseob back to his chair, sitting.
“Sorry we couldn’t do that either. That’s right that your liver is 99.99% fit for her but you are a healthy person. Giving your liver to Jieun-ssi is a crime for us.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------

“Seob-ah.. are you crazy? Stop watching drama. You must be watching a lot of dramas while you were away.” Kikwang talked to Yoseob at his office. Kikwang and Hyosung were back already from their honeymoon.
“I told Hyosung already. She knew it. JJieun has no time.”
“But.. you?”
“me neither.”
Yoseob sighed. “My accident, few weeks ago. My kidney is totally ruined Kikwang-ah. Luckily, my liver is fine. You don’t know how hard I’m trying to stand tall. To face all of you. Not to tell anyone I’m dying, since my day is near. I told you already, just now. You know, all the medicines are sickening. I eat them whenever I breathe.”
Kikwang stared at him in disbelief. His bestfriend for years, talking about the day when he is gonna die. Kikwang just can’t get it. “So, what do you want?”
“Just do like I said before.”

                Kikwang arrived at his appartement. Hyosung came out from their room with towel folded on her head. She sat beside Kikwang on sofa. She looked at him carefully. Trying to guess what happened with his husband.
“Kwang~” she lean closer on his shoulder.
“………” Kikwang just kept silent.
“Is there something wrong at the office?”
“Nope”
“So?”
“it’s Yang.”
“Yang Yoseob?”
Hyosung straightened her body. “What’s with him?”
“You know it already, why didn’t you tell me? You even act like everything is fine.”
Hyosung smiled “I want Yang to tell you by himself. Your bond with him is precious though.” Hyosung caress his cheek. “I didn’t force him not to do or do it. That’s all his choice. I will just accept my wrong-doing and God will punish me because I can’t take care of Jieun but.. Somehow I think I want to fix everything.. You know..” Hyosung’s voice was shaken and a warm teardrop was rolling on her cheeks. “Everything is just so right now between me and her. I need second chance to make her happy. That’s all. Whatever it is. I’m trying my best. If Yang wants to give his liver to her. I would just accept it cause it means I have my chance. If not, I’ll just make her happy with everything I coukd do now.”
Kikwang stared at her, pulled her to his embrace, let her cry in his hug.

---------------------------------------------------------

Today, Kikwang accompanied Yoseob for dialysis, it’s common thing for someone who has kidney disease. Cause their blood can’t be ‘cleaned’ by kidneys. Kikwang looked at his bestfriend, laying on bed, some nurses helped him with his treatment. Blood was from his body and another blood was being input. What a terrible thing.. he pitied Yoseob. Yoseob noticed his sad face, he tried to wave at Kikwang and smiled in his weak condition. Kikwang smiled at him too.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

IU and Yoseob were on date. They were holding hands and walking around the park. IU ate some cotton candy and sometimes fed Yoseob. They sat on the bench and talked.
“I never know that I could be together with you like this. I’m happy. I’m happiest girl ever for having boyfriend like you.” She said.
Yoseob just smiled and looked straight.
“You’re unhappy, huh?” she glares at him in playful manner but her face suddenly changed into worry expression. “Oppa? Are you okay?”
“hm?”
“You’re so pale. You caught fever, huh?”
“Don’t worry” he smiled. “I’m just tired, I’ll be fine later. Soon.”
He her hair.
“Should we go home now?” IU pouted. Yoseob shook his head.

                IU  and Yoseob were strolling down Myungdeong for eye-shopping, sometimes they stopped for buying street food. At a fried mandoo stall, they stopped and bought some, IU happily ate everything. Yoseob just followed her behind. But then suddenly he fell.
“OPPA!!”  IU screamed as she shocked that Yoseob suddenly passed out.

                At the hospital, IU sat beside Yoseob’s bed. Kikwang and Hyosung were there too. They told Yoseob’s condition already to her. IU’s tears couldn’t stop falling. She kept wiping her own tears. Hyosung and Kikwang looked very sad. Kikwang held Hyosung’s shoulders. Hyosung held his hand.

In the morning, Yoseob woke up. He saw IU beside her bed, holding his hand. He smiled. He caress her  head that woke IU up.
“Oppa? Are you okay? You can recognize me, right?” She asked rapidly without any pause as she really was worrying him all night long.
Yoseob nodded “Sorry, I’m indeed a weak guy” he answered, weak.
“What are you saying?” IU teared up.
“Oh Please.. I’m not dying.” He laughed.
“Not funny..” IU cried a lot. “Don’t talk anything about death.”
Yoseob smiled.

                IU sat outside the room with Hyosung, Hyosung looked at her and sighed. IU lean her head against the wall.
“Why should he face all of this?” IU mumbled.
“Jieun-ah..” Hyosung started to talked while holding IU’s hand.
“ng?” she didn’t refuse.
“I think you need to check yourself up.”
“Why?”
“Your kidney maybe could help him.”
She lied.
“You’re right!” IU suddenly got up. “What are you waiting for? Why didn’t tell me from the first time that maybe it could help? We spent much time already, worrying.” She pulled Hyosung. Hyosung lied because IU needs a full examination before the surgery though.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

                Two days later, Yoseob’s condition is getting worst. He couldn’t even lift his arms because he is too weak. Kikwang and Hyosung were in his room, IU fainted yesterday. She is in different room, receiving treatment.
“I’m okay. Why are you all crying? Later.. just cry later” he smiled, his face looked so pale. “can’t I share the same room with Jieun? I wanna be with her till the last.”
“stop saying something corny, you jerk.”
Hyosung said. Yoseob laughed without even provided sound. He was the way too weak.
“We will move her here soon. She is still in the ICU.” Kikwang replied.
“She could wait for me, right?” Yoseob asked.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yoseob and IU sat on the bench at hospital park. IU leaned her head to his shoulder.
“I thought it’s only happened in drama.” IU started the conversation.
“What?” Yoseob held her hand.
“Hospital couple” IU giggled.
“I know right..” Yoseob smiled.
“I think we could die together or cure together here.”
“You won’t die.”
“Neither you.”
IU replied, made Yoseob kept silent and held his tears.
“Don’t you tired? Let’s back to our room and sleep.” Yoseob suggested. IU nodded.

They slept on different beds, in the same room.
“Let’s hold hands while sleep.” IU grabbed his hand. Yoseob stared at her in the eyes, nodded slowly.
“yes. Such a beautiful scene that I’ve ever had in my life.” He closed his eyes. IU started to feel sleepy too and then fell asleep afterwards.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hyosung put a white chryssant on a gravestone with Yoseob’s name on it. She tried hard not to cry but she just couldn’t hold herself. Kikwang pulled her and gave her a hug. She cried harder on her husband’s embrace.

--Flashback—

IU and Yoseob both held hands and fell asleep, but slowly, Yoseob’s hand loosen the grip and then just fell to the bed-side. The same thing went to IU. A nurse came to check them, she put IU’s arm on bed. Then she grabbed Yoseob’s hand. She felt something strange that Yoseob looked like he wasn;t breathing. She checked his hand. She couldn’t find his pulse. She ran out the room.

*****

“The surgery has done. We did our best. Everything will be okay. For the adaptation, your sister would wake in 5 days.” Doctor left.
Hyosung and Kikwang bowed, they looked to each other.
“I’ll arrange the funeral..” Kikwang said. Hyosung hugged him immediately. Kikwang just kept being blank, he didn’t know what to do.

******

“For our family, brother, son, nephew, bestfriend, Yang Yoseob who has left us. We prayed the best for him. We thanked him for his kindness. ----------“
An old man led the funeral. Kikwang sat there, near the coffin. Hugged the frame of Yoseob’s picture.
“You must be happy now.. you must.”

--Flashback in flashback(?)—

“Kwang-ah.. Just think about it. When I die, I could just gve my liver for Jieun because she is the one I love. And.. you love me, right?” he chuckled on his bed.
“is it time for joking?” Kikwang folded his arms.
“at least, you won’t really lose me. Because I’ll be always with Jieun. Whenever you see Jieun, I’m there” Yoseob smiled.
“You did smile a lot nowadays..”
“Just in case, you’re gonna miss it haha”

--Flashback in flashback ended—

Kikwang hugged the frame even tighter. He cried really hard since he lost his bestfriend. Hyosung wasn;t there cause she thought she won’t be strong enough to be there. The coffin started to be put inside the grave. Kikwang still sat down while the others got up and started to pray. “this is what do you want, huh? Now, I can even see you’re smiling, Seob-ah.. Thank you.”

--Flashback ended—

                Hyosung kneeled beside Yoseob’s grave. She caress the gravestone.
“Our meeting wasn’t long. But I know you’re my bestfriend already. Thank you for giving me second chance to raise Jieun to be a good girl like you want her to be. Thank you for being her guardian when I couldn’t even do it as sister..” tears rolled down her cheeks. “I promise I shall do well.. Rest well..”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

                IU finally woke up from her sleep. She stared at the empty bed beside her. She asked Hyosung and Kikwang where is Yoseob but no one answer her.
“What’s with you two? I ask you where is Yoseob oppa?” IU raised her voice, she squeezed her blanket.
Kikwang looked down. Hyosung approached her and sat on her bed.
“Jieun-ah.. He is gone..” Hyosung held IU’s hands. IU seemed confused yet she saw her disbelief expression. She didn’t say anything nor crying.

                IU sat on her bed, lean her back to pillow, daydreamt. She asked Kikwang and Hyosung to leave her alone, she said she needs time. Kikwang and Hyosung went out from her room.
“Oppa..” IU started to cry, so sad until she found it’s hurt to breathe. “Oppa.. Oppaaaa… heh..” she wiped her tears. “You did this for me, right? So you can stay with me forever, right? I won't disappoint you.. promise..” she lifted her pinky as if someone would do pinky promise with her.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

                The doctor now allowed IU to go home. She has been hospitalized for 2 weeks after the surgery and all of her vital organs are good now. She sat on passenger seat of Kikwang’s car.
“May I visit him?” she asked.
“Him?” Hyosung looked at the back, confused. IU nodded.
“Sure.” Kikwang answered, the started the  engine to drive to Yoseob’s cemetery.

As they arrived at the cemetery, IU asked Kikwang and Hyosung to leave her alone with Yoseob. Kikwang understood and brought Hyosung back to his car.
“Oppa.. I come.. Sorry for being late to come. You know, I was in your current place for few days. But an angel sent me back, because you left already. I’ll take your place now. I’ll be a good person for everyone, especially for you.” She fished out something from her coat pocket. The necklace with moon pendant! “I bring yours.” She put it on Yoseob’s gravestone. “Don’t forget, eventhough you’re there. You have me.. your beautiful moon. Thank you for being the sun for me. You lead the way. I won’t lose my shine anymore. I’ll be the brightest moon. Thank you.. I know you’ll always be with me. Thank you.. My Guardian, Yang Yoseob”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I made everyone wait too long.
I'm sorry. I just don;t know how to end this well.
I hope you still like it.
Thank you for subscribers and other readers.
With my thought of you all I can finisih this. Thank youuuuuu

- nyangnyo05