Flashback

I'll Protect You

Kwon Ji Yong POV

The lights in all different color shine in bulbs that lighten the atmosphere. The dance floor is full of stripper, DJ and obviously guest like me. The sound of clanking glass and chattering sound competing with a loud music booming inside my ear drum. As I sip in the vodka, Dara noona shook my arm and whisper in my ear “Ji Yong-ah, sorry I need to go back as soon as possible. I have some important things to attend to. Are sure you going to be okay here alone? Or you want—”

“It’s alright noona. I can handle myself.” I shook my arm and wave at her. She warned me to take care of myself one last time before she going out of the club. “Another vodka please.” I said to the bartender in front and rub against my temple. The alcohol is burning inside my throat and the dizziness in my head is completely not a good condition to drive. As the bartender put a glass of vodka in front, I sip in one last time before staggering to get out from this bar. Accidentally, I bump onto two girls wearing a tight strapless dress that wraps around their perfect curve.

“Sorry, excuse me.” I try to get out from them but can’t. The girl grab on my shoulder and whisper seductively in my ear “Why leaving so early?” Another girl grinds her body against me then whispers, “You look so depressed. Maybe I can help you?” I try to wiggle free but with the current condition full of vodka, doesn’t make thing easy. The two girls drag me to the big table with another people sitting. They greet each other and order their drinks. “Oppa, I bought a potential customer for you.” My eyes averted to the brunette guy with deep black eyes. “He seems rich oppa. Look at what he wears.” The girl beside me giggles as the brunette guy smirk wider.

“Let him have a taste of paradise then.” The brunette guy hand me a glass of drinks and I took it while staring at it. “Come on oppa, you will be in paradise in a minute.”

Paradise? I’ve never been in paradise. Might as well try it. I raise the glass and sip in before everything turns bright.

“Ji Yong? Ji Yong-ah? We have reached already.” I open my upper lid and see Dara noona right in front of me. As I avert my gaze, I see a lot of trees and plantation around. Dara noona get up to take our luggage on top and I try to regain my conscious.

What a dream.

Park Bom POV

“The number you’ve dialed is unavailable. Please try—” I slam back the phone harder and lean on the coffee table. It has been 3 days since Dara and Ji Yong termination contract and their disappearance. Why Dara? I am your best friend right? Why you’ve leave without telling us. A cup of hot cocoa place in front of me and Seung Hyun sit on the chair beside sipping in his own drink.

“Still no news?”

I shook my head on the table and see the man beside me. His clearly shown panda eyes and eye bag indicate that he has not got enough sleep at all. Not that I’ve got enough sleep. Where could they possibly be gone? To their own family place? Relative? But I’ve called Dara parents and Chundoong but no news at all.

“I think Ji Yong parent’s are lying when they claim that they don’t know where their son’s whereabouts. They seem to be hesitant first and then just claim they don’t know.” Seung Hyun looks at me and I nodded in agreement. “Actually I could also sense a bit from Dara’s parents as well. Should we?”

“You’ve read my mind. Let’s go! Just the two of us.” Seung Hyun sip in the last sip and hold my wrist with his left hand and carry my untouched cocoa with his right hand exiting the café.

Even though I still had a little bit annoyed towards this guy sometimes but he will still never amazes him with his cool and mature side on this kind of time. I smile and let him lead our way to the destination to get back our friends.